Author Topic: crap I'm going to miss about Fats  (Read 47566 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: crap I'm going to miss about Fats
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
walked into east side dillions to pick up some cough syrup...saw the cotton bowl shirts and splurged!!!

:ksu:

After reading this I remember thinking "I need to get a cotton bowl shirt, from a grocery store," a day after thinking "buying clothes at a grocery store is lame."  The bar for EMAW was set at Fatty.  Wish I would've had the privilege of knowing him personally. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »
i used to love making KSU football DVDs. Then dvr's came and destroyed my business.

I would put audio from the TV, KSU and if I could Opponents broadcast all on one dvd. It was so pathetic, but hilariously awesome in retrospect.

It wasn't pathetic at all.  It was wonderful, and so were you.

Reading through the last two years of posts, has been a delight.  EMAW, everyone. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »
Thanks, Pete. I laughed and cried. (serious about the crying part).

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
Thanks, Pete. I laughed and cried. (serious about the crying part).

Me too, bro.  I'm a wreck.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
   Finally, I want to address goEMAW.com directly. After some initial creepiness involving close analysis of pictures of me, the folks that populate the goEMAW.com forums have been open-minded and welcoming. Much of the support for EMAW expressed on this site is based on the idea that EMAW is not an acronym, but a distinct feeling of pride in K-State. They describe this feeling eloquently on their website. I believe, however, that their supposition that EMAW is not an acronym is incorrect. The pictures of Ahearn field house supporting EMAW as a tradition say “Every Man a Wildcat.” Furthermore, if EMAW is merely a reflection of a distinct and independent feeling one gets from being a K-Stater, then why do we need the “M”? A more accurate reflection of that feeling would be a gender-neutral one.

Because we grew up with it being EMAW not EPAW.  You never see "every man a wildcat" uttered anymore. EMAW is just plain silly, and an extension of us KSU fans, and how we survive in an otherwise out-manned conference. We utter EMAW, other big 12 fans laugh and giggle. We love it. It's why is became so popular. Other big 12 fans ask, "what does emaw stand for?" We reply, "you'd never understand."

And unfortunately, I don't think you understand either Beth. I'm not blaming you, the actions on the other side are just as pathetic.

This is about KSU. This is about EMAW. This isn't about you, tim fitzgerald, or anyone else interested in whoring out the meaning of EMAW to further their agendas. Kstate first, individual second.

Jesus, we are going to miss him.

I remember meeting some friends from KU to grab a bite a couple days before we played KU in Lawrence in basketball this year.  We are being polite about eachothers teams and not getting to deep in the rivalry.  Then, one says "One thing I do kinda think is dumb though, is EMAW"  I think about fatty's post and how right he was.  How outsiders may mock it, but EMAW is ours and is a sacred thing.  I told him how I love it and how they wouldn't understand it.  If that post doesn't describe our fanbase, our commitment, and our bond together, then I don't know what does.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2012, 07:17:01 PM »
6:12 pm. You are standing in a PACKED LCBS stadium.

We defer the ball, kickoff, and it's 5 yards into the eku endzone. Jarrod Smith, their junior wr from san francisco community college, decides to bring it out (a couple of fans in the student section egged him on) he brings it out and meeting him at the 9 yard line is a wild alec herbec with more momentum than a proton in an accelerator thingy. Herbec destroys him and the crowd just goes nuts.

Then, the PA announcer signals the defense on the field and out runs out the lynch mob of 2011. You cannot hold you excitement so you turn around, and scream for everyone to go "OOOHHHHHHHAAAAA"

and you know what? at least 20 % of those people join in. And twenty percent ain't bad.

rough ridin' loved this post and was hoping you would find it for this thread.  Really loved any time he talked about weird chemistry/physics/science-y stuff. Dude was always good for throwing in a reference to an atom smasher when you least expected it.

You had to love how he baited all these different BBSers from various schools (including K-State) into thinking he was stupid or hateful or whatever, when all along anyone who regularly read his posts could clearly see he was not only intelligent and fun-loving but also completely aware of what he was provoking in his targets.* Like if they thought that Benjy was the author of Sound and Fury, and not just a character with a cameo narration.

*spoken as a one-time oblivious target
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2012, 07:40:08 PM »
This needs to be pinned.

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »
You know why else I want to win?

So good people can be happy. Just for a day.

Because good people deserve good things. Even if just for a day.

I don't think I've ever seen it put better. This should be chiseled into the facade of the BSFS expansion. In 5 ft letters. With a smaller "- F3" under it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »
he thought i was a doctor for the longest time

:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »
He always hated me for not helping him in that one class we had together.  I'm such an bad person :frown:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »
limestone, congrats on the addition to your family.  :cheers:

2028 football recruit, no?  :D

What a world.  That kid....amazing.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »
I'll never forget the time that I saw Fatty celebrating like we won the national championship on the concourse of the Devaney Center after we beat Nebrasketball last year. He was just so damn happy and the NU fans were getting so pissed at him.  :love:

Yes, this is also my fondest FFF memz.  Also, my only one in person

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
I'm going to miss him randomly dropping by my office in Seaton and asking me about the various maps and materials in there.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2012, 08:08:18 PM »
I had an amazing time. thanks you everyone!  :ksu:

actually got into a KSU football game for the first time in years

you are welcome.  :grin:
YOU WENT?!  Now I'm very upset I didn't make it.

It's crazy that we've never crossed paths.

:embarrassed:

I was able to meet scarey smart and dr. t-hughers. Loved both of them. I did think you were tyler hughes for nearly 9 months. Our time is coming!!

Oh man
 :frown:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 08:22:59 PM »
F3 on MHK summertime:
it's the best thing in the world. it's like you're the mayor, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »
F3 on MHK summertime:
it's the best thing in the world. it's like you're the mayor, and there is nothing they can do about it.

He saw the world in a way that the rest of us can only dream of.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
F3 on MHK summertime:

Thats just fantastic

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
6:12 pm. You are standing in a PACKED LCBS stadium.

We defer the ball, kickoff, and it's 5 yards into the eku endzone. Jarrod Smith, their junior wr from san francisco community college, decides to bring it out (a couple of fans in the student section egged him on) he brings it out and meeting him at the 9 yard line is a wild alec herbec with more momentum than a proton in an accelerator thingy. Herbec destroys him and the crowd just goes nuts.

Then, the PA announcer signals the defense on the field and out runs out the lynch mob of 2011. You cannot hold you excitement so you turn around, and scream for everyone to go "OOOHHHHHHHAAAAA"

and you know what? at least 20 % of those people join in. And twenty percent ain't bad.

rough ridin' loved this post and was hoping you would find it for this thread.  Really loved any time he talked about weird chemistry/physics/science-y stuff. Dude was always good for throwing in a reference to an atom smasher when you least expected it.

You had to love how he baited all these different BBSers from various schools (including K-State) into thinking he was stupid or hateful or whatever, when all along anyone who regularly read his posts could clearly see he was not only intelligent and fun-loving but also completely aware of what he was provoking in his targets.* Like if they thought that Benjy was the author of Sound and Fury, and not just a character with a cameo narration.

*spoken as a one-time oblivious target

I was targeted a time or two.  He may or may not have meant it.  I have no idea.  I don't really care.  He was great, I thought he was great, and this is a very sad day.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:18 PM »
I remember when I made fun of him once and he sent me a pm on YouTube asking to meet him at hale so he could kick my ass

to this day I'm not sure how he learned my real name

he would always get angry at those of us who were given emaw on a "silver platter" as referenced above

he will be missed by all
emaw

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »
shwan a ? @skalkhatib
it's 5:30 am @ hale, and some dude just took his labtop into the restroom. :(
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
I only knew fats from the boards, but he was one of the best.  In recent months I would always get excited to see one of his posts because I thought it meant he was going to be a regular again.  I have gotten emotional reading through this thread, somewhat strange for someone I have never met.  But there it is, a little bit of truth amidst the anonymity of the internet.  Fats deserves at least that much.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:48 PM »
In the 98 Nebraska vid where the screen goes from red to purple when Bish hit Mcdonald.  With the music.  Man, he was a magician.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
I am pretty sure fatty is the reason for emaw being so widely said now. Started from cat chat boards on gopowercat forever ago.  Calling the Wildcats the "emaws", "I'm gonna emaw so hard" etc.  He truly is the greatest.