Author Topic: Start Daniel Sams/Daniel Sams Swag/#teamSams Master thread  (Read 52059 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Start Daniel Sams/Daniel Sams Swag/#teamSams Master thread
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »
the big deal is why the eff does our super stud future QB want to move positions?
Idk, he might want to get on the field ASAP.  Which is reasonable and makes sense from his perspective, but probably isn't in his or the team's best interest.

I need him practicing at QB 24/7/365 open nights and weekends from coast to coast. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
The answer is right in the title.  Start him.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »
the big deal is why the eff does our super stud future QB want to move positions?
Idk, he might want to get on the field ASAP.  Which is reasonable and makes sense from his perspective, but probably isn't in his or the team's best interest.

I need him practicing at QB 24/7/365 open nights and weekends from coast to coast.
I guess I just don't think it's that weird for our future quarterback to solely focus on practicing the quarterback position. 

I mean, if Klein goes down, we have two freshman to back him up and people want the more talented of the two to be dividing his attention?  I positively don't see how this is controversial, other than OMG SAMS!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2012, 02:45:52 PM »
It looks like heralded freshman Daniel Sams will be seeing his first meaningful action as he enters the game with 8 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter, cats up by 3 against Miami.

Kansas State lines up in a shotgun set, harper and thompson on the far side of the field....and it, yes it does look like Sams is in the backfield with Klein? Klein appears to be lined up in the running back spot.

Here's the snap and Sams runs the read option with klein, he pulls it back, surveys the field. He's got some pressure on him, rolling to the right now.

Sams find Klein streaking down the left sideline! The throw is up and it looks on target!! KLEIN CATCHES IT AT THE 20, STEAMROLLS A MIAMI PLAYER AND HE WILL COAST INTO THE ENDZONE.

WOW, talk about a 2 headed monster Kansas State in the backfield now! Sams and Klein, you cut the head off one and the other BITES YOU!

i miss fff :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »

I guess I just don't think it's that weird for our future quarterback to solely focus on practicing the quarterback position. 

I mean, if Klein goes down, we have two freshman to back him up and people want the more talented of the two to be dividing his attention?  I positively don't see how this is controversial, other than OMG SAMS!

it's because you are looking at it like a dumbass.  nobody is mad that synds doesn't want him playing anything but QB.  people are WTF because Sams wants to play something other than QB.  learn the ropes Daniel. you will see time this year.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

it's because you are looking at it like a dumbass.  nobody is mad that synds doesn't want him playing anything but QB.  people are WTF because Sams wants to play something other than QB.  learn the ropes Daniel. you will see time this year.

Well I for one am WTF because we used to want him to play WR and now we don't (we being Bill&Co.).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »

Well I for one am WTF because we used to want him to play WR and now we don't (we being Bill&Co.).

that's not true.  bill has said all along that Sams was a QB only.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »

Yeah I misunderstood your 24/7 comment.  My B.

Anyways, I bet Sams is tired of waiting to see the field and is looking at another year where he probably won't see any significant PT at the quarterback position.  He thinks he has a better shot of getting on the field at WR this year.  FWIW, he's right.  But like I alluded to earlier, it's probably not in his or the program's best interest and Bill knows that.  Seems cut and dry.

If there are other scenarios that I haven't thought of or that I've dismissed, I'd be interested to hear them.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2012, 02:54:15 PM »
what if he was really good at WR? 

:lol:  "what if"  lol omg i can't believe i typed that

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
We better have a "Sams Package" that is trotted out there 2 series a game and in special circumstances. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
We better have a "Sams Package" that is trotted out there 2 series a game and in special circumstances.
Yeah.  Hopefully it'll replace or compliment or do something to that dreadful Pease Wildcat formation that avg'd about 2 yards a game last season. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »

I'm not sure if that's 100% true but I'll concede the point if I don't had to wade back through this thread to find it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 06, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »

I'm not sure if that's 100% true but I'll concede the point if I don't had to wade back through this thread to find it.

oh, people have said it, but they were wrong. 

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 06, 2012, 03:01:33 PM »
      Snyder wants to keep Sams at QB to push Sam Johnson.The butthurt will be epic when Johnson gets the start next year

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »
Sam Johnson was "ok" in high school. However, he will never play a down as a Div. I quarterback. People who think he will start over Sams are idiots.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2012, 03:16:05 PM »
Sam Johnson was "ok" in high school. However, he will never play a down as a Div. I quarterback. People who think he will start over Sams are idiots.

I don't think anyone thinks that fwiw.  pretty sure frankenklein is just messing around. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
Wyatt's been blowing the Sam Johnson horn (no double entendre intended).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
Wyatt's been blowing the Sam Johnson horn (no double entendre intended).

I know, but guys ITK that are at practice every day will laugh in your face if you bring it up in serious conversation

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
   BUTT Snyder says Johnson practices really hard and knows the playbook and that can`t HURT

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Start Daniel Sams/Daniel Sams Swag/#teamSams Master thread
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:27 PM »
This thread all together is probably my most favorite thread.

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »
if anything in life is certain, if history has taught us anything... its that Snyder will always start the hard workers over the super human talent.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2012, 04:28:10 PM »
if anything in life is certain, if history has taught us anything... its that Snyder will always start the hard workers over the super human talent.
three examples go now!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »
My guess is that Sams realized the Bender will be our next starting QB (at least until his brain explodes)... so he wants to play somewhere else?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
QB
QB
RB
FB
Quadruple option  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »
three examples go now!
Hubert over Brown