Author Topic: handyman-ness  (Read 135267 times)

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: handyman-ness
« Reply #1325 on: October 18, 2020, 08:11:31 AM »
#2 bought his first house.  We upgraded the rock parking yesterday.  Railroad ties as edges.  Took the corner downspout into a French drain and to the backyard.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 18, 2020, 08:12:38 AM »
hell yeah

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 18, 2020, 09:03:46 AM »
Strong work!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 18, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »
Tom, you should totally haul that extra gravel out west and dump it at the cat ranch.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 18, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
A young lady I have recently been seeing opened a random side door for the 1st time in years last night and she couldn't get it to close because the house had settled.

I came over and after around 20 minutes of inspection/pounding on the top corner I was able to get it closed. I felt like a real manly man and we totally made out after because she was so turned on by my handyman ness.  :D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 18, 2020, 05:05:18 PM »
A young lady I have recently been seeing opened a random side door for the 1st time in years last night and she couldn't get it to close because the house had settled.

I came over and after around 20 minutes of inspection/pounding on the top corner I was able to get it closed. I felt like a real manly man and we totally made out after because she was so turned on by my handyman ness.  :D

Yes, women love "handyman ness" when dating and early marriage.  They will come to expect it as time goes by and will not respect or be impressed from the wonderful effort you have put in.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 18, 2020, 05:07:47 PM »

You could have parlayed that make-out session into a lifetime of once a quarter sex and 3 kids if you would have actually addressed the issue instead of just muscling it back closed.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 19, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »

You could have parlayed that make-out session into a lifetime of once a quarter sex and 3 kids if you would have actually addressed the issue instead of just muscling it back closed.
lol

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 19, 2020, 09:34:10 AM »

Family blog!!    :fatty:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 26, 2020, 09:26:16 PM »
Need to replace the toilet in our master bath. Current one flushes awful and is generally too small. Any pro tips for picking out a new one? Really have no idea what I want besides a bigger one.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: October 27, 2020, 09:25:26 AM »
Need to replace the toilet in our master bath. Current one flushes awful and is generally too small. Any pro tips for picking out a new one? Really have no idea what I want besides a bigger one.
make sure you get the right rough in measurement, sounds like yours could possibly be a 10in. also get an elongated bowl (so your wang doesnt hit the lid and bowl when you poop) and probably chair height it sounds like.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 27, 2020, 09:50:11 AM »
You're going to want a bold color for that toilet, otherwise it won't age well in the house

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 27, 2020, 09:50:42 AM »
make sure you get the right rough in measurement, sounds like yours could possibly be a 10in. also get an elongated bowl (so your wang doesnt hit the lid and bowl when you poop) and probably chair height it sounds like.

i checked on mine, and it is a 12inch rough in, but circular bowl. I measured and i should have clearance to get an elongated one. Reading reviews of different ones and it seems everyone has someone bitching about their model. Last thing i want is to get it installed and have it clog all the damn time like the current one
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 27, 2020, 09:52:09 AM »
Circular bowl are the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 27, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »
Reading reviews of different ones and it seems everyone has someone bitching about their model. Last thing i want is to get it installed and have it clog all the damn time like the current one
this is literally any product ever.. if you're really worried and don't care about dropping a couple or few hundred on a toilet the toto brand is supposed to suck up anything even the ones that require a poop knife

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 27, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
yes!
- chunkles

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 27, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »
I replaced our garbage disposal and it only took 30 mins longer than what the directions said.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 27, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »
Circular bowl are the worst

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 18, 2021, 10:23:22 PM »
Threw up some garage shelving in #2 starter home today.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 19, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »
Going to hire someone with handiman-ness to convert me from electric to gas range.

what's this going to set me back??? any ideas?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1345 on: January 19, 2021, 01:42:12 PM »
Going to hire someone with handiman-ness to convert me from electric to gas range.

Do you have gas ran to the house? Throughout the house? Adding a propane tank? Is the wall with the stove accessible? Is your range hood vented outdoors?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 19, 2021, 01:54:11 PM »

Do you have gas ran to the house? Throughout the house? Adding a propane tank? Is the wall with the stove accessible? Is your range hood vented outdoors?

Yes, no, no, I think so, no

The gas line coming into the house is very close to my kitchen.  BUUUUUUUUUT I have a finished basement underneath the current range.

They'd have to bring a line along the foundation and into the kitchen I think from the outside.

Might not really be feasable but fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 01:57:31 PM by Cire »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1347 on: January 19, 2021, 02:01:48 PM »
With gas not already at the stove, plumber will need to run gas piping to that wall. If it's an exterior wall, just easier. If coming through crawl or attic, adds time. You really need to vent the range hood. Gas stoves do NOT burn clean regardless of any claim to the contrary. Need to vent that CO. So, you're going to need a second contractor unless you can get a plumber/hvac combo guy. Dollar signs are spinning up.

I'm in the country and all electric. Food cooks just fine. Unless you're doing this for aesthetics, there's really no win adding gas. Yes, gas stoves are sexy and help with resale. Can't see you recouping here.

Edit: I didn't hit refresh and see your edit. You get the picture though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 19, 2021, 02:26:40 PM »
Did not realize that with the vent. That’s probably a no go then. Makes sense

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 19, 2021, 08:49:36 PM »
Did not realize that with the vent. That’s probably a no go then. Makes sense

A very reputable company installed my vent (I purchased and installed the hood, they ran the vent through the attic, sealed at roof, and put the proper cap on it outside) for only $175.  Unless you have a second story, it really should not stop you from getting a gas range/oven.