Author Topic: handyman-ness  (Read 136878 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: handyman-ness
« Reply #1275 on: August 24, 2020, 07:48:05 AM »
you are good at tons of crap. it's infuriating.

No kidding.  Pick a lane, bad person!
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 24, 2020, 07:48:30 AM »
Jk, it's great  :combofan:
:adios:

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 24, 2020, 08:43:09 AM »
you are good at tons of crap. it's infuriating.

No kidding.  Pick a lane, bad person!

:lol:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 24, 2020, 11:17:07 AM »
Nice work on the deck/pool.

I think you probably already answered this but how do you keep the water from getting super hot? Does the waterfall/circulation keep the water cool enough? Dump in a couple of bags of ice when you want to "Chill"?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 24, 2020, 12:15:03 PM »

I think you probably already answered this but how do you keep the water from getting super hot? Does the waterfall/circulation keep the water cool enough? Dump in a couple of bags of ice when you want to "Chill"?

So far it has been just having umbrellas up and running the filter pump at night.  I will occasionally pick up 100lb of ice and drop it in if I want it cooler (maybe once a month).  It does respond immediately to cooler weather though.

My hope is that now that the external shell is not exposed, it will stay cooler.  Also, I plan on getting a reflective cover (when I say cover, just one that floats on the surface).

I do have plans for it that involve a 50 gallon ice chest, a heat exchanger from a heater, some plumbing and frozen gallons jugs of water.  That will be done next spring for next summer though.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 24, 2020, 02:56:24 PM »

So far it has been just having umbrellas up and running the filter pump at night.  I will occasionally pick up 100lb of ice and drop it in if I want it cooler (maybe once a month).  It does respond immediately to cooler weather though.

My hope is that now that the external shell is not exposed, it will stay cooler.  Also, I plan on getting a reflective cover (when I say cover, just one that floats on the surface).

I do have plans for it that involve a 50 gallon ice chest, a heat exchanger from a heater, some plumbing and frozen gallons jugs of water.  That will be done next spring for next summer though.

YES, this is the kind of content that makes gE the best lifestyle/sports combo blog in the U S of A.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 24, 2020, 03:24:20 PM »
I hung up some home depot cordless miniblinds last week :thumbs:

side note, I was shocked at how cheap miniblinds were. Like why was I fighting with ones that were way shittier when new home depot brand ones are like 8 bucks a window

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1282 on: August 24, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »

I'd suggest a stainless steel coiled heat exchanger. Circulate water through the coil. Set the coil in an ice water bath. You'll get a better life on the heat exchanger.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 24, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

I'd suggest a stainless steel coiled heat exchanger. Circulate water through the coil. Set the coil in an ice water bath. You'll get a better life on the heat exchanger.

I have a nearly endless supply of copper exchangers I can pull out of pool heaters I replace.  If I was going to buy one I would look at stainless but since I get them free, I will me using a copper exchanger out of Pentair MasterTemp 400.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1284 on: August 24, 2020, 05:54:11 PM »
Pool heaters are criminal with their design.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 25, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
Spent the last couple of weekend morning trying to finish up my redneck pool project.

that turned out awesome!

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 25, 2020, 07:12:50 PM »
Spent the last couple of weekend morning trying to finish up my redneck pool project.

that turned out awesome!

Thank you

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 04, 2020, 09:51:58 PM »
I can't figure out how to upload a video .  Here is a pix of the first fountain test tonight.  Whomever told me this would be equivalent of a shower head flow was spot on.  Farm engineered so needs a couple of tweaks, but pretty happy with my first attempt at this.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 05, 2020, 01:35:16 AM »
Great kat-gineering Tom  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 05, 2020, 08:33:33 PM »
Elfa closet systems from The Container Store installed today.  Install is very easy, picking a design to fit your needs, and space, is the tough part. 

Furniture not able to be delivered until the 20th so still delayed moving back into the master.  Oh well.  Now all focus can be shifted to the bathroom aspect of the suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: October 06, 2020, 02:10:02 PM »
was anyone else ready to be super pi$$ed at whatever AST did this time just to find out he put up shelves  :lol:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: October 06, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
was anyone else ready to be super pi$$ed at whatever AST did this time just to find out he put up shelves  :lol:

THEY HAVE TO FIT YOUR NEEDS AND SPACE, yla.

;)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: October 06, 2020, 05:26:23 PM »
Wife needs more shoes, AST.   :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: October 06, 2020, 05:49:27 PM »

Those were just what was in the house during the remodel and what is in storage will be here shortly.  FML...

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 06, 2020, 05:50:20 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1295 on: October 06, 2020, 07:30:21 PM »

Those were just what was in the house during the remodel and what is in storage will be here shortly.  FML...
Ha. My fiance moved in and took over 3/4 of the master closet and one of my daughter's closets. She still has shoes in boxes in the basement plus two dressers full of clothes in the basement. Our next home will have a closet that's at least 12*14 for her clothes and shoes. She's a little Imelda Marcos.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: October 09, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »
Some builder tried to supply 11 LED lights to a fountain off a single transformer so here I am, doing the work properly with 3 transformers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: October 09, 2020, 01:49:25 PM »
Hopefully this redeems me somewhat from the “just shelving” incident.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: October 09, 2020, 01:51:06 PM »
were they working fine with just one transformer?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: October 09, 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
were they working fine with just one transformer?

They were working but not fine.  They were overheating and splitting the side of the LED fixtures.  On average, only getting about 1.5 years out of the fixture.  At about $1k each for replacement, that gets rather costly.