Author Topic: Baylor is a great example....  (Read 15421 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: re
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2012, 02:16:36 PM »
Thread summary:

BMW:  "Hey guys, validate us!  Validate our coaching staff!  Validate Jeff Withey!"
goEMAW:  "Na we're good"
BMW: "You're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)."

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor is a great example....
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »
Thread summary:

BMW:  "Hey guys, validate us!  Validate our coaching staff!  Validate Jeff Withey!"
goEMAW:  "Na we're good"

Yeah, that was good.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
I think Manning's biggest accomplishment this year was keeping Robinson out of jail.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
KU fans often confuse improvement with playing time.

Yes, because the two are mutually exclusive.  God, you guys are dumb.  I hope for the sake of K-State's academic integrity that most of you didn't actually go to school there.

Do you have an extra 23rd chromosome? Honestly, for the sake of KU's academic integrity, I hope you didn't actually go there. His numbers per game have gone up tremendously (good job, takes HBBIQ to spot that) but per 40 minutes, his points AND rebounds have gone down. I credit Danny Manning. A true miracle worker.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas/2-jeff-withey?per_game=1&per_40=1&tempo_neutral=1&totals=1&plusminus=1&game_type=1&chart1=points_avg&chart2=minutes_avg&chart3=fg_pct

Why do you do this to yourself beems

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2012, 05:52:39 PM »
Jeff Withey is a key reason KU will likely win another league title. Good for Self/Manning to finally get him to play like a Top 30 prospect.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2012, 06:35:13 PM »
Jeff Withey is a key reason KU will likely win another league title. Good for Self/Manning to finally give him the playing time to play like a Top 30 prospect.

fyp

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: re
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »
Thread summary:

BMW:  "Hey guys, validate us!  Validate our coaching staff!  Validate Jeff Withey!"
goEMAW:  "Na we're good"

Went straight to Page 5 to see if I needed to read this thread. Thanks for the recap.....DNR.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2012, 11:28:38 AM »
When I visited Baylor for my preseason postcard last fall, Perry Jones told me that he only participated in one summer camp that involved top collegians. Not only did he skip the main events that were sponsored by Nike, Jones told me he didn't even know about them. (Probably just a coincidence that Baylor is an adidas school.) I have to believe that if Jones spent his summer going up against high-level competition instead of working out by himself in Waco that he would be a much better and tougher player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/02/20/Hoop.Thoughts/1.html
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2012, 11:49:49 AM »
When I visited Baylor for my preseason postcard last fall, Perry Jones told me that he only participated in one summer camp that involved top collegians. Not only did he skip the main events that were sponsored by Nike, Jones told me he didn't even know about them. (Probably just a coincidence that Baylor is an adidas school.) I have to believe that if Jones spent his summer going up against high-level competition instead of working out by himself in Waco that he would be a much better and tougher player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/02/20/Hoop.Thoughts/1.html

Wow, makes you really count your blessings for having an elite apparel contract with Nike.

There are certainly less fortunate out there like  Baylor and KU.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »

I'm done with Seth Davis. Done. He absolutely has no idea what he's talking about in terms of efficiency. I mean, I don't even...

It doesn't account for efficiency.

If you're a true, hardcore college basketball fan, you know all about efficiency rankings, also known as tempo-free stats. They sprang from the brilliant mind of Ken Pomeroy. His site, KenPom.com, is a bountiful source of useful information. I check it almost every day, and I use Ken's nuggets frequently in my columns and television analysis.

However, these numbers have no place in the bracketing process. None. They tell us a great deal about why a team wins, but that is far less important than knowing whether it wins. Believe it or not, sometimes the less efficient team still ends up with more points.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2012, 12:04:04 PM »

I'm done with Seth Davis. Done. He absolutely has no idea what he's talking about in terms of efficiency. I mean, I don't even...

If you're a true, hardcore college basketball fan, you know all about efficiency rankings, also known as tempo-free stats. They sprang from the brilliant mind of Ken Pomeroy. His site, KenPom.com, is a bountiful source of useful information. I check it almost every day, and I use Ken's nuggets frequently in my columns and television analysis.

However, these numbers have no place in the bracketing process. None. They tell us a great deal about why a team wins, but that is far less important than knowing whether it wins. Believe it or not, sometimes the less efficient team still ends up with more points.

start a twitter war with him??  :pray:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:00 PM »
That's a shame. I've enjoyed his twitter feed since it got hacked.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:18 PM »

start a twitter war with him??  :pray:

Done.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »
Hmmmm...

Ken Pomeroy @kenpomeroy
@ksu_FAN That's not exactly what he said.

In response to:

ksu_FAN @ksu_FAN
@kenpomeroy Please address @SethDavisHoops comment on efficiency: "sometimes the less efficient team still ends up with more points".

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »

Well this is just confirming MIR that kenpom isn't Superman. Guy can't even read.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »
Hmmmm...

Ken Pomeroy @kenpomeroy
@ksu_FAN That's not exactly what he said.

In response to:

ksu_FAN @ksu_FAN
@kenpomeroy Please address @SethDavisHoops comment on efficiency: "sometimes the less efficient team still ends up with more points".

Did you tell him that it was exactly what he said?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
I'm totally skipping the kenpom concert at this year's big 12 tourney.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »
Did you tell him that it was exactly what he said?

ksu_FAN @ksu_FAN
@kenpomeroy Its hard for me to see that he was saying otherwise. And most of his points defending the RPI are flawed at best.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
I knew when I woke up today it would be a great day.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 02:27:29 PM »
Oh man, our resident numbers guy is mixing with the elite.  Big day for goEMAW, fellas

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
Licensing fees?