Author Topic: Baylor is a great example....  (Read 15588 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor is a great example....
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
You guys are all delusional outside of dlew and a couple others.  Good grief.  I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective. 

just wondering what big men ku coaches have developed outside of 4 and 5 star guys  :dunno:

For the last time, this thread is highlighting the fact that just because a guy is a 4/5-star recruit does not mean he's automatically going to be good.
 Look at Perry Jones III.  Look at Wally Judge.  Look at Jason Bennett.  KU develops their big men better than any other program in the country.  All of you clowns thought Withey sucked before the season started, and he just dropped a near triple-double on your asses the other night.  Step out of your EMAW bubble for a second and take a look at reality.  

this part of your statement is very confusing considering how often you talk about how good your 4/5 star recruits are going to be

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2012, 09:18:51 AM »
guys, I'm looking at the stats here, and thomas gipson is pretty much just as good as jeff withey even though he's several years younger and is coached by functioning retards rather than danny "the fixer" manning

it's baffling -- does this have something to do with gip's beard?

I thought he was a walk on freshman :dunno: Welp

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 09:19:31 AM »
I'm not sure I get the whole Withey vs. Gipson comparison.

You are comparing a 7'-0" Junior vs. a 6'-7" true freshman who is 3 years younger.

Yes Witheys stats are way up this year but his minutes per game have increased 4x.
Dax fan club member!

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:14 AM »
KU fans often confuse improvement with playing time.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:59 AM »
You guys are all delusional outside of dlew and a couple others.  Good grief.  I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective.  

Yes, the irony... I predicted before the season that KU would be better than K-State and would likely win an 8th straight Big 12 title.  You guys predicted a sweep of KU and said that KU would suck.  You guys can't even acknowledge when KU's big men show improvement.  It's hilariously pathetic.

only dumbfucks predicted a sweep of ku, so i'm guessing not many people here did.  also, your withey v gipson 1 game comparo is just a 1 game sample size

Okay, let's compare Big 12 stats then.

Withey:  11.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4 bpg,

Gipson:  5.8 ppg,  3.8 rpg, 0.3 bpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yet their season stats are similar.  Congrats on Withey sucking the first half of the year, I guess :dunno:

Aren't you the one who always says you can't have selective memory and only look at a time period when we talk football.  You look like an ass

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »
And if you think Danny Manning is turning down awesome head coaching jobs at every turn because he loves KU so much, you're the most delusional one here

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
Yet their season stats are similar.  Congrats on Withey sucking the first half of the year, I guess :dunno:

See?  Manning improved him from the first half to the second half.

Offline sir spankalot

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
Congrats on your 36th ranked, 4th year junior averaging 1 pt and 1 rebound more than our unranked freshman Gipson

pfft

In 5 more minutes per game.  :lol:

Our freshman is willing and able to kick TRob's ass, something I don't think Withey has the stones to do.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
And if you think Danny Manning is turning down awesome head coaching jobs at every turn because he loves KU so much, you're the most delusional one here

Pffft.  You're undervaluing the appeal of being Lawrentucky's second biggest celebrity.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline EMAW4life-JHL

• Combo-Fan
  • Morgan Freeman's childhood friend/worst poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
goFULLBLOWNDENIAL.com

:love:  :love:  :love:
denial of what? that KU is good at basketball? no one ever said that you mommy. you need a life.
Go Home Dad you're drunk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Guys i've been thinking about this and I think beems might be right.  Bill Self's coaching staff might actually be better than Scott Drew's.  This was his original point.  So 'grats beems.  Mission accomplished, assuming the mission was to have better basketball coaches than Baylor. 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective!

As I look for a flattering image of an ex girlfriend so people I don't know will stop making fun of my totally not fat gf.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »
Guys i've been thinking about this and I think beems might be right.  Bill Self's coaching staff might actually be better than Scott Drew's.  This was his original point.  So 'grats beems.  Mission accomplished, assuming the mission was to have better basketball coaches than Baylor. 

Oh yea, maybe I misunderstood the thread.  Congrats on the better coaching than Baylor, Beems

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
JFC, Beems' validation levels are near an all-time high.

:facepalm:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2012, 12:25:12 PM »

Codename:  Defeat White Button Up

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
This thread is full-on comedy gold. Thanks, OregonMidget.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
What a bunch of retards.  So delusional.  44-3.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:22 PM »

Yes, because the two are mutually exclusive.  God, you guys are dumb.  I hope for the sake of K-State's academic integrity that most of you didn't actually go to school there.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
You guys are all delusional outside of dlew and a couple others.  Good grief.  I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective.  

Yes, the irony... I predicted before the season that KU would be better than K-State and would likely win an 8th straight Big 12 title.  You guys predicted a sweep of KU and said that KU would suck.  You guys can't even acknowledge when KU's big men show improvement.  It's hilariously pathetic.

only dumbfucks predicted a sweep of ku, so i'm guessing not many people here did.  also, your withey v gipson 1 game comparo is just a 1 game sample size

Yet their season stats are similar.  Congrats on Withey sucking the first half of the year, I guess :dunno:

Aren't you the one who always says you can't have selective memory and only look at a time period when we talk football.  You look like an ass

K-State played a piss poor non-con schedule, while KU played Kentucky, Duke, Ohio State, etc, etc.  And the whole point is that Withey has improved.  Are you really this dense?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »

Yes, because the two are mutually exclusive.  God, you guys are dumb.  I hope for the sake of K-State's academic integrity that most of you didn't actually go to school there.

Do you have an extra 23rd chromosome? Honestly, for the sake of KU's academic integrity, I hope you didn't actually go there. His numbers per game have gone up tremendously (good job, takes HBBIQ to spot that) but per 40 minutes, his points AND rebounds have gone down. I credit Danny Manning. A true miracle worker.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas/2-jeff-withey?per_game=1&per_40=1&tempo_neutral=1&totals=1&plusminus=1&game_type=1&chart1=points_avg&chart2=minutes_avg&chart3=fg_pct

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »

K-State played a piss poor non-con schedule, while KU played Kentucky, Duke, Ohio State, etc, etc.  And the whole point is that Withey has improved.  Are you really this dense?

I'm not sure if piss poor is a fair term, beems.
emaw

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »

Do you have an extra 23rd chromosome? Honestly, for the sake of KU's academic integrity, I hope you didn't actually go there. His numbers per game have gone up tremendously (good job, takes HBBIQ to spot that) but per 40 minutes, his points AND rebounds have gone down. I credit Danny Manning. A true miracle worker.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas/2-jeff-withey?per_game=1&per_40=1&tempo_neutral=1&totals=1&plusminus=1&game_type=1&chart1=points_avg&chart2=minutes_avg&chart3=fg_pct

See, you guys have no critical thinking ability.  You just rely on arbitrary numbers to make your points without taking certain factors into account.  First of all, Withey's minutes last year came against weak competition, at the end of blowouts.  This year, he is playing everybody.  Also, his free throw percentage is way up (around 84%).  His improvement over the course of the season has been incredible.  He's averaging 11.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4 bpg against Big 12 competition.  He was one block shy of a triple double against the grapes, and you guys still can't give credit where credit is due.  You are beyond hope.  I guess that's what happens when you get 44-3'ed.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2012, 02:14:37 PM »
He is good, Beems. But he's getting worse, which is really sad. Just think of what a real Big Man U could have done with him.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
re
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2012, 02:14:52 PM »
Thread summary:

BMW:  "Hey guys, validate us!  Validate our coaching staff!  Validate Jeff Withey!"
goEMAW:  "Na we're good"
BMW: "You're Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)."

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
I like Jeff Withey.