Author Topic: Baylor is a great example....  (Read 15713 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Baylor is a great example....
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 09:55:47 PM »
:lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »
So, with Trob leaving, and Withey continuing his Danny Manning coached super star rise, there should be no drop off for the hawks next year right?  I mean, there's probably 2-3 more guys ready to make their leap in growth from Danny's magic touch, right?

We should expect to see Young and Wesley dominate next year, right?

Young and Wesley might not even be on the roster next year.  KU will have Withey, Traylor, Ellis, Peters, Lucas, and possibly Jakarr Sampson.  We will be loaded once again next season.  

Why aren't Young and Wesley developing? Does Danny believe they're not worthy of developing?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 10:10:09 PM »
In fact of all of the "blue bloods" in college basketball KU is the worst at developing big men.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 11:45:35 PM »
You guys are all delusional outside of dlew and a couple others.  Good grief.  I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 11:46:59 PM »
You guys are all delusional outside of dlew and a couple others.  Good grief.  I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective. 

just wondering what big men ku coaches have developed outside of 4 and 5 star guys  :dunno:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 11:50:02 PM »

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=2-jeff-withey&p1=thomas-gipson

Yeah, Withey is much better than Gipson, and it's not even close.  If you took a look at their stats for Big 12 games it would be even more lopsided.  Withey is going to be the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year.  You guys are all delusional and in denial.  It's fascinating stuff.  I mean just take a look at the stats from their last head-to-head matchup:

Jeff Withey, C   36   6-8   0-0   6-7   6   11   1   1   9   1   2   18

Thomas Gipson, F   17   2-5   0-0   3-4   4   8   1   0   1   0   3   7

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 11:52:30 PM »

Yes, the irony... I predicted before the season that KU would be better than K-State and would likely win an 8th straight Big 12 title.  You guys predicted a sweep of KU and said that KU would suck.  You guys can't even acknowledge when KU's big men show improvement.  It's hilariously pathetic.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »

Yes, the irony... I predicted before the season that KU would be better than K-State and would likely win an 8th straight Big 12 title.  You guys predicted a sweep of KU and said that KU would suck.  You guys can't even acknowledge when KU's big men show improvement.  It's hilariously pathetic.

only dumbfucks predicted a sweep of ku, so i'm guessing not many people here did.  also, your withey v gipson 1 game comparo is just a 1 game sample size

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »

only dumbfucks predicted a sweep of ku, so i'm guessing not many people here did.  also, your withey v gipson 1 game comparo is just a 1 game sample size

Okay, let's compare Big 12 stats then.

Withey:  11.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 4 bpg,

Gipson:  5.8 ppg,  3.8 rpg, 0.3 bpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »

gipson doesn't play much for us though

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 12:07:26 AM »

just wondering what big men ku coaches have developed outside of 4 and 5 star guys  :dunno:

For the last time, this thread is highlighting the fact that just because a guy is a 4/5-star recruit does not mean he's automatically going to be good.  Look at Perry Jones III.  Look at Wally Judge.  Look at Jason Bennett.  KU develops their big men better than any other program in the country.  All of you clowns thought Withey sucked before the season started, and he just dropped a near triple-double on your asses the other night.  Step out of your EMAW bubble for a second and take a look at reality.  

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

Yeah, because he's not that good.  Your frontline is horrible outside of Samuels.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »

Yeah, because he's not that good.  Your frontline is horrible outside of Samuels.

you only say samuels because he owned Robinson, but whatev

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »

He didn't own anything.  He dropped a couple threes and played his best game of the season, and K-State still lost.  T-Rob is in the lead for National Player of the Year. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »

He didn't own anything.  He dropped a couple threes and played his best game of the season, and K-State still lost.  T-Rob is in the lead for National Player of the Year. 

non factor in mhk though.  i guess i expected more from the NPOY

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »
Total non-factor was one rebound shy of a double double and helped KU sweep the grapes on the way to 44-3. 

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »
Total non-factor was one rebound shy of a double double and helped KU sweep the grapes on the way to 44-3. 

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:25 AM »
Jeff Withey just swatted another shot in AFH West.  #mostimprovedplayerinthecountry

:love:  :love:  :love:

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
I will admit it's too bad Judge and Bennett didn't stay. They both would've been better than Withey.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 05:16:28 AM »
guys, I'm looking at the stats here, and thomas gipson is pretty much just as good as jeff withey even though he's several years younger and is coached by functioning retards rather than danny "the fixer" manning

it's baffling -- does this have something to do with gip's beard?
emaw

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 07:50:47 AM »
I wish you could see yourselves from a third person perspective!
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
do not know if Danny Manning is a great coach. do know that every KU person I've talked to who has met the guy says he is not a particularly friendly/nice individual

(by "every KU person I've talked to" I mean one guy in a bar)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:48:53 AM by bry4321 »
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.