Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 40960 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2020, 02:45:56 PM »
Scott Foley was a great guest! Hopefully he is on more. It will be interesting as they run into some poorly written episodes as the series progresses. And then ask Bill "wtf why?"

Zach trashing Farmer's Only and small towns is bothering me.

And what they consider small towns. Windsor, ON and Waco, TX are small towns? They are bad stereotypes of coastal elites. I already knew that Zach is unpopular with a segment of the little people in the entertainment industry, but this pod is starting to make me not like them. They were right about the Turk being a homophobe thing though, it was weird to watch.

"We should never meet our heroes" etc.

for sure, that arc was not well thought out. I could see that being a season 1 epi...but not season 3. odd
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2020, 05:58:50 PM »
Scott Foley was a great guest! Hopefully he is on more. It will be interesting as they run into some poorly written episodes as the series progresses. And then ask Bill "wtf why?"

And what they consider small towns. Windsor, ON and Waco, TX are small towns? They are bad stereotypes of coastal elites. I already knew that Zach is unpopular with a segment of the little people in the entertainment industry, but this pod is starting to make me not like them. They were right about the Turk being a homophobe thing though, it was weird to watch.

for sure, that arc was not well thought out. I could see that being a season 1 epi...but not season 3. odd

They've already sung "Guy Love" for heaven's sake.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »

wait, is this a Scrubs test?

also feel free to skip today's. nothing burger unless you want to hear Zach get crap for asking "Does Baltimore have hiking?"
Also Dan's laugh is annoying and he needs to edit himself out.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »

also feel free to skip today's. nothing burger unless you want to hear Zach get crap for asking "Does Baltimore have hiking?"

No test, I'm just a moron and thought they first sung guy love in season one.

That's disappointing about the latest episode. I saw it was just over an hour and good happy thinking they cleaned all the crap up.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2020, 08:08:27 AM »

That's disappointing about the latest episode. I saw it was just over an hour and good happy thinking they cleaned all the crap up.

I'm gonna listen to them all regardless and you're right it was nicer for it to be shorter. Also the guest wasn't bad.
Their Insta live appletini thing last night was fairly entertaining.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 07, 2020, 07:37:54 PM »

I'm gonna listen to them all regardless and you're right it was nicer for it to be shorter. Also the guest wasn't bad.
Their Insta live appletini thing last night was fairly entertaining.

Percentage of show related humor?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2020, 08:34:09 PM »
the instagram vid? not much...just donald shirtless while Zach quickly makes the drink. 9 minutes long. Zach's looking old
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2020, 09:39:58 PM »
really enjoyed The Todd today!
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
Yes, he was awesome! Remember when I said this podcast would be better with him and either Ken or Judy?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2020, 05:00:32 PM »
How great would it be in Ken and Bill were the hosts and Zach and Donald just came on as guests every few episodes (along with Rob, Sarah, Johnny, etc. rotating through)?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2020, 08:11:17 PM »
would listen.

I'm hoping they can get Aloma on sometime too.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2021, 04:23:35 PM »
I hadn't listened to the podcast since having our kid. Finally starting to catch up now.
Epi 310 with Bill was great. Really interesting to hear how the scrubs episode changed from Carla and Elliot searching for pot for a patient to Carla and Elliot searching for a man whore for a patient due to the network.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 03, 2021, 11:18:28 PM »
I hadn't listened to the podcast since having our kid. Finally starting to catch up now.
Epi 310 with Bill was great. Really interesting to hear how the scrubs episode changed from Carla and Elliot searching for pot for a patient to Carla and Elliot searching for a man whore for a patient due to the network.

Good luck man, the season three podcasts are a nightmare, the finale pod is really good though. The latest podcast, season 4 epi 2 is two hours long, it's with Sarah though so hopefully it's good, I'm only listening to like 15-20 minutes of these podcasts these days. They have a really bad habit of bringing Kaycee Cobb on quite a bit and she's dull.

It looks like the podcast is headed for a hiatus as both Zach and Donald are starting acting jobs. People are pissed that he was picked for the Cheaper by the Dozen reboot, I gotta say I'm not thrilled about it either, but it's not about him.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »
Wish there was a way to filter out anything but the episodes talk. Such is life. Still am enjoying going back through the scrubs episodes as I progress.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2021, 11:14:27 AM »
Wish there was a way to filter out anything but the episodes talk. Such is life. Still am enjoying going back through the scrubs episodes as I progress.

Me too, only reason I listen. I think I will still watch two episodes a week if the podcast has to go on hiatus.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2021, 12:53:10 PM »
The Real JD pod was very good! Kinda interesting to hear the vaccine talk now that we're two months + into it.

Also Food Network is on 8+ hours a day in this house. Imagine my surprise when our very own Nurse Roberts was on The Kitchen. Had to do a triple take.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2954868354541061
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 16, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »
timed it perfect last night to catch the first 8 episodes of Season 1. Glad it is on cable again

https://twitter.com/IFC/status/1361382769847193600
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2021, 12:13:19 PM »
Im on epi 409 of the podcast. I'll be honest MIR...they haven't been as bad as i worried. I've been pretty entertained lately.

I can't believe they really think 408 My Last Chance was the best episode so far. I had it like 5th best of the 4th season alone. Different strokes I guess.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 19, 2021, 01:14:53 PM »
Im on epi 409 of the podcast. I'll be honest MIR...they haven't been as bad as i worried. I've been pretty entertained lately.

I can't believe they really think 408 My Last Chance was the best episode so far. I had it like 5th best of the 4th season alone. Different strokes I guess.

Yeah, that's a good stretch of actual show talk. Have you blooded how much Zach loves talking about his liners? Also you've gotten to the god awful Donald raps. The good of scores shows goes until 414.5. The podcast goes completely off the rails at least through the airing of the live show which is 2 full hours of doodoo. I didn't listen to much of it. I now only listen to the point in which they take the phone call then I'm out.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2021, 01:06:21 PM »
Good to know. I didn't watch the live show. Didn't it cost money? I've started listening to the podcast on my commute so i have more patience for their offtopic stuff.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 20, 2021, 08:11:23 PM »
Good to know. I didn't watch the live show. Didn't it cost money? I've started listening to the podcast on my commute so i have more patience for their offtopic stuff.

I didn't listen to that live, lol, hell naw. They released it as a 2 hour podcast.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2021, 11:51:24 AM »
really enjoyed the Richard Kind interview. Also noticing your point about Zach's lines more. Thanks MIR
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2021, 11:09:41 AM »
really enjoyed the Richard Kind interview. Also noticing your point about Zach's lines more. Thanks MIR

The Richard Kind interview is the best non Bill podcast they've had. Now that you've heard the Zach thing you'll hear it every time, along with him laughing at his own jokes and lines, like he did on the show.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 17, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »
So i started listening to the podcast on my daily commute instead of at work. I've really enjoyed them much better that way. I've really liked Season 4 so far. Sorry MIR.
Also just got to My Best Laid Plans, the best epi of season 4. What a great episode.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »
So i started listening to the podcast on my daily commute instead of at work. I've really enjoyed them much better that way. I've really liked Season 4 so far. Sorry MIR.
Also just got to My Best Laid Plans, the best epi of season 4. What a great episode.

Did you listen to the entire 2 hour live show?

Pretty clear that one or both of them are a bit too busy working for the podcast, they have had non show recaps the last couple of weeks, didn't even download them.