Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 20398 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2020, 09:01:29 AM »
Yeah I've been really wanting Rob Macchio to be a guest. Weird they haven't even mentioned him as a potential guest.

I had the same thought about the scenes vs entire show being taken down. Especially since they're just JD fantasies that wouldn't lose any of the storyline.

The scene they're talking about with Elliot is when she is done up to look just like Turk, so it's not her face. She has a shaved head amongst other details.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• Solid Level Three Poster
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2020, 10:31:05 AM »
Yeah I've been really wanting Rob Macchio to be a guest. Weird they haven't even mentioned him as a potential guest.

I had the same thought about the scenes vs entire show being taken down. Especially since they're just JD fantasies that wouldn't lose any of the storyline.

The scene they're talking about with Elliot is when she is done up to look just like Turk, so it's not her face. She has a shaved head amongst other details.

He's got a badass real estate business going, which is awesome. Would be cool to hear from him.
Bill said it was due to not having access to editing equipment currently. I don't know the logistics of editing the digital files but it shouldn't be that hard, should it? :dunno: Thought he said it would just be edited out at some point.

I remembered one instance, but not all 3.

I agree with MIR on how to view this podcast. Definitely less Scrubs Insidery than i was anticipating, but i can see how that material would run dry pretty quick. I enjoy hearing Bill's insight on why they did something a certain way and if there was pushback, etc.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2020, 02:47:58 PM »
Did you guys ever listen to the director's comments on the series? That's a why more efficient way to get behind the scenes talk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
Did you guys ever listen to the director's comments on the series? That's a why more efficient way to get behind the scenes talk.

I didn't and I have the DVDs. Maybe I'll watch those on my next watch through.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2020, 02:45:39 PM »
Ken Jenkins was an absolute delight. :D
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2020, 02:58:40 PM »
He really was! I can see why everyone from the cast always talks about how much they love him.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
His thoughts about his Season 1 performance was interesting to me. It did cross my mind a few times watching Season 1 that he was overly mean at times.

His :bigtoke: usage was a surprise to me.

Him and his wife reading to each other was so adorable and i can't believe they actually do that.
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 12, 2020, 05:43:22 PM »
A hundred times yes to all of that. I laughed very loud when, at the end when Donald said how amazing it was to work with such a great actor, he said along the lines of "You see Donald, the main reason I wanted to come on here was to hear you spout some bullshit like that".

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 12, 2020, 10:37:11 PM »
Yeah, that was the best non Bill/Christa pod. It's amazing how annoying Donald is, I wonder if he has ADD. Zach having to constantly calm him down is great.