Author Topic: Can someone please tell Newt...  (Read 12630 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can someone please tell Newt...
« on: January 21, 2012, 09:10:08 PM »
that while he is "traveling the nation to every ethnic neighborhood" to talk about food stamps that there are more Whites on food stamps than blacks, Hispanics, or any other group.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is focusing this food stamp talking point on black people.  I can't help but to think he's a raging racist but I'm open to different viewpoints.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please tell Newt...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
well, he is over 60 AND from the South.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
that while he is "traveling the nation to every ethnic neighborhood" to talk about food stamps that there are more Whites on food stamps than blacks, Hispanics, or any other group.

Someone is going to have to explain to me why he is focusing this food stamp talking point on black people.  I can't help but to think he's a raging racist but I'm open to different viewpoints.

Link?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Ok, it took some googling, but I think I found what you're getting all hysterical about. From MSNBC:

This morning on the CBS Early Show, Gingrich offered a defense, of sorts: Asked why he said African Americans are satisfied with food stamps, Gingrich retorted, "I said they shouldn't be … I didn't say they were satisfied. … I'm saying we should reach out to every American ... what I said was that every American ... every American of every background should have an opportunity to get a job, not depend on food stamps ... I'm actually for conservatives going into every ethnic neighborhood" to help people find more economic opportunities.”

So, his comment appears to be in response to a question specifically directed at the black community.

Also, another interesting tidbit from the article: apparently blacks (that's for you, OKCat) make up 28% of food stamp recipients, but they're only 12.6% of the population. That's impressive! Whites make up 60% of food stamp recipients, and make up 63.7% of the population. Numbers are fun.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »
Ok, it took some googling, but I think I found what you're getting all hysterical about. From MSNBC:

This morning on the CBS Early Show, Gingrich offered a defense, of sorts: Asked why he said African Americans are satisfied with food stamps, Gingrich retorted, "I said they shouldn't be … I didn't say they were satisfied. … I'm saying we should reach out to every American ... what I said was that every American ... every American of every background should have an opportunity to get a job, not depend on food stamps ... I'm actually for conservatives going into every ethnic neighborhood" to help people find more economic opportunities.”

So, his comment appears to be in response to a question specifically directed at the black community.

Also, another interesting tidbit from the article: apparently blacks (that's for you, OKCat) make up 28% of food stamp recipients, but they're only 12.6% of the population. That's impressive! Whites make up 60% of food stamp recipients, and make up 63.7% of the population. Numbers are fun.

The quote in my post wasn't referring to any question it was from his victory speech tonight.  Also your quote confirmed what I said "there are more whites on food stamps than blacks.". So now that we've clarified really basic points for you, I'll ask again, differently.  If 60% of people on food stamps are white why is Newt focused on the 28% that are black?  It seems as if he wants to reform welfare he should focus on the 60% instead of the 28%.  It doesn't bother me at all that he's racist.  He's dragging out the primary season and if by chance the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party gives him the nomination all of his kooky crap will get him destroyed in a general.  He is an utter nightmare for moderate Republicans.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
yeah, he has no chance against obama.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 12:21:38 AM »
As long as he's in ethnic neighborhoods, somebody should really tell him to check out the local restaurants, too.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »

The quote in my post wasn't referring to any question it was from his victory speech tonight.  Also your quote confirmed what I said "there are more whites on food stamps than blacks.". So now that we've clarified really basic points for you, I'll ask again, differently.  If 60% of people on food stamps are white why is Newt focused on the 28% that are black?  It seems as if he wants to reform welfare he should focus on the 60% instead of the 28%.  It doesn't bother me at all that he's racist.  He's dragging out the primary season and if by chance the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party gives him the nomination all of his kooky crap will get him destroyed in a general.  He is an utter nightmare for moderate Republicans.

Didn't watch. Can you link me to the video or transcript? I always like to review context before rendering judgment, as the quote above from MSNBC demonstrates. I don't support Gingrich, by the way, but I'm always skeptical when a lib starts hyperventilating over a comment by a Republican.

And regarding the 60% number, that doesn't tell the whole story, as I've already pointed out. Whites claim food stamps almost perfectly commensurate with their share of the overall population, a bit less actually. The percentage of blacks on food stamps more than doubles their share of the population. This is not exactly surprising, of course, since blacks suffer a much higher poverty rate than whites. I'm not interested in engaging in a debate over poverty or race - I'm simply tying to tell you that libs pointing to the fact that whites use food stamps in almost perfect alignment with their share of the population is idiotic.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »
You can have a full time job and still require food stamps. I wonder what percentage of people on food stamps work full time?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
You can have a full time job and still require food stamps. I wonder what percentage of people on food stamps work full time?

Very good question.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »

Didn't watch. Can you link me to the video or transcript? I always like to review context before rendering judgment, as the quote above from MSNBC demonstrates. I don't support Gingrich, by the way, but I'm always skeptical when a lib starts hyperventilating over a comment by a Republican.

And regarding the 60% number, that doesn't tell the whole story, as I've already pointed out. Whites claim food stamps almost perfectly commensurate with their share of the overall population, a bit less actually. The percentage of blacks on food stamps more than doubles their share of the population. This is not exactly surprising, of course, since blacks suffer a much higher poverty rate than whites. I'm not interested in engaging in a debate over poverty or race - I'm simply tying to tell you that libs pointing to the fact that whites use food stamps in almost perfect alignment with their share of the population is idiotic.

Still waiting for that link. To add some more to the numbers I listed above, 31% of all blacks are on food stamps, or about 1 in 3. 14% of all whites (non-hispanic) are on food stamps, or 1 in 7. These are apples to apples numbers. The sheer number of a certain demographic on food stamps, without controlling for the size of the demographic, is meaningless.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »

Still waiting for that link. To add some more to the numbers I listed above, 31% of all blacks are on food stamps, or about 1 in 3. 14% of all whites (non-hispanic) are on food stamps, or 1 in 7. These are apples to apples numbers. The sheer number of a certain demographic on food stamps, without controlling for the size of the demographic, is meaningless.

You are seriously the stupidest bad person on this board and that says a lot.  I told you the exact quote and told you that it was from his South Carolina Primary victory speech, if you're too stupid to use Google to find the speech I'm not going to help you.

Also knock it off with the percentage bullshit, it isn't ground breaking.  I simply stated that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks.  That's a fact like the earth is a planet and water is wet, stop trying to argue an absolute fact.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 07:13:07 PM »

Per usual, the left are the racists here.  Just because he's talking about the record number/percentage of people on food stamps in ObamaUSA, doesn't mean he's talking about black people.  JFC, grow a brain.

:facepalm:

If you had a brain at all, you'd be trying to figure out why the eff so many people are on food stamps and how to get them off of it (perhaps fix the rough ridin' economy), instead you worry about what color people using food stamps are.  Libtards, yeesh.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »

The quote in my post wasn't referring to any question it was from his victory speech tonight.  Also your quote confirmed what I said "there are more whites on food stamps than blacks.". So now that we've clarified really basic points for you, I'll ask again, differently.  If 60% of people on food stamps are white why is Newt focused on the 28% that are black?  It seems as if he wants to reform welfare he should focus on the 60% instead of the 28%.  It doesn't bother me at all that he's racist.  He's dragging out the primary season and if by chance the lunatic fringe of the Republican Party gives him the nomination all of his kooky crap will get him destroyed in a general.  He is an utter nightmare for moderate Republicans.

You are seriously the stupidest bad person on this board and that says a lot.  I told you the exact quote and told you that it was from his South Carolina Primary victory speech, if you're too stupid to use Google to find the speech I'm not going to help you.

Also knock it off with the percentage bullshit, it isn't ground breaking.  I simply stated that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks.  That's a fact like the earth is a planet and water is wet, stop trying to argue an absolute fact.

You supposedly quoted seven words - not even a full sentence. That is meaningless. If you want to make wild-eyed claims, back them up. Full quotes and links, please. I'm not going to watch an entire victory speech of a candidate I don't even care for just to verify your stupid claim.

I agree, you "simply stated" that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks, and that is indeed a fact, but what is your point? Are you suggesting that whites are more prone to use food stamps than blacks? That simply is not true when you use apples-to-apples to numbers. I thought you were "open to different viewpoints."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:40 PM »
Maybe newt is being really broad in his definition of neighborhoods and considers frito pies "ethnic food".
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
:facepalm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05/newt-gingrich-paychecks-food-stamps_n_1188193.html

There.

Thanks. Neither of these is from Gingi's SC victory speech, so maybe MIR has something to add?

Anyway, from the links you provided:

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps." (1 in 3 blacks is on food stamps.)

He also said he'd pitch a new Social Security program aimed at helping young people, particularly African-American males, who he said get the smallest return on Social Security. (True.)

What's everybody pissed about? :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
I gave you the quote, the context, and when it was said.  You questioned my contextual use, you can type six words into any search engine to find what you're looking for, I'm not doing for you.

I also told you in the very first post why I'm pointing out that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks, not going to do that again either.  My point is correct I was really just wondering what mindless robotic Fox bot would try to refute what I was pointing out.  Grats you win, I was hoping to catch more of you, I got one, meh.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 12:36:23 AM »
Story about foodstamps;

My sis-in-law has been on food stamps for like 3 years.  She isn't poor though, she works part-time and goes to nursing school.  Her husband is in the military and with the great benefits they get they make pretty good money.  Thing is she lies and says that they are seperated just not divorced and that she is raising the kids on her own.  I don't know how she gets away with it.  I guess it is because he has been deployed for 2 of the last three years and stayed on base for 6 months when he was stateside.  Anyway, chick gets like $450/ month on a vision card.  She buys so much food that when she gets home from the store she usually has to throw crap out just to make room for the new crap.  BTW, mostly all of it is processed, premade crap and snacks.  She's white.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 02:11:45 AM »
Re: the percentage of people receiving food stamps-  I doubt anyone actually will but I suggest you read "Nickel and Dimed.  On (Not) Getting By In America."  Working fulltime at low pay rates doesn't disqualify a person for SRS benefits.  It's pretty sad that a person can work 40 hrs and not brinng home enough to be considered above the poverty level.  Good read.  (Also-  feel free to add the obligatory Carter/JT is racist pics.  TIA!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
I gave you the quote, the context, and when it was said.  You questioned my contextual use, you can type six words into any search engine to find what you're looking for, I'm not doing for you.

I also told you in the very first post why I'm pointing out that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks, not going to do that again either.  My point is correct I was really just wondering what mindless robotic Fox bot would try to refute what I was pointing out.  Grats you win, I was hoping to catch more of you, I got one, meh.

And there's the tap out. Let's try this one more time: As I said above, I tried to Google your six words since you would not provide a link, and the best I could find was the MSNBC article posted above. The quote in that article was completely innocuous, and I found no link to a SC victory speech as you claim. Until you prove otherwise, you are completely full of sh*t.

Second, I don't think you understand the word context. According to Websters, it is "something liberals have no regard for when quoting conservatives." You provided none, let alone a full quote.

Third, your "point," such as it is, is asinine, as I've demonstrated in several posts above, because it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. 1 in 3 blacks on food stamps, versus 1 in 7 whites. If you want to argue that there is a legitimate reason for the depressingly high level of black poverty in this county, that's a different issue. Just don't try to justify black food stamp usage by pointing to whites, who use far less as a percentage of population. That is just stupid. You are embarrassing yourself.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:50:55 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25:07 AM »
talked with a pilot the other day.  he explained the plight of young pilots who must fly cargo and pick up any extra commercial flights. 

these early jobs apparenty pay very little (23-29k annually) and pilots must take gov assisstance to make it.

also said that he was discouraged from wearing his uniform when going to the welfare office as it generally pissed off the workers

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 10:27:06 AM »
talked with a pilot the other day.  he explained the plight of young pilots who must fly cargo and pick up any extra commercial flights. 

these early jobs apparenty pay very little (23-29k annually) and pilots must take gov assisstance to make it.

also said that he was discouraged from wearing his uniform when going to the welfare office as it generally pissed off the workers

I would wear my uniform to the welfare office every time if somebody told me that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 11:21:42 AM »

Yeah, I've heard it sucks to be a pilot now, especially a young one. You can make that much driving a bus. Sounds like it would have been a pretty awesome job a few decades ago, though.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »

Yeah, I've heard it sucks to be a pilot now, especially a young one. You can make that much driving a bus. Sounds like it would have been a pretty awesome job a few decades ago, though.

Man, those airline unions are out of control.