Author Topic: Can someone please tell Newt...  (Read 12628 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please tell Newt...
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:20 AM »
Wonder how many countries have bilingual courses in public schools.  Not like "learn your native language and another" but like "learn your native language and the language of the country you are currently living in."  I imagine it probably happens everywhere.  I mean, no way the US is actually bending over backwards to accomodate immigrants, right?  No way that's happening, cause MIR says we're all a bunch of racists who don't care about anyone except white people.  Right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 12:43:50 AM »
You are not worldly or smart enough to get any more of my time.  Please don't further hijack my thread with things you don't understand.  The quote isn't racist because he believes all Mexicans in America should speak English its racist because he equates someone's native tongue to the language of the ghetto.  Cue K-S-U to tell us that ghetto in that context means something positive and not at all  specific to minority groups.

The answer is Newt Gingrich, you suck at games.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 12:46:35 AM »
 :confused:  :clac:

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 01:06:23 AM »
Yeah, I kinda figured that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 08:24:23 AM »
Take a breath, MIR. You're getting really, really upset over a candidate who won't even get the nomination.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:47 AM »
1) we have no national language

2) all testing for NCLB take place in English so I would consider that a immersion based system

3) the Spanish must be pleased to hear that their language is that of the "ghetto"

4) if someone is capable of making a living without learning english then why should they.  (i would be willing to bet that unemployment rates among hispanic americans is far lower than their linguisticly superior counterpoints)

5) "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

BUT ONLY IF THEY LEAR ENGLISH!!!!!! :chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw: :curse: :chainsaw: :curse:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:58:41 AM by LickNeckey »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
Assimilation is an important part of "the melting pot." Many European nations are having significant problems because large immigrant populations have refused to assimilate.

Also, "national language" is a somewhat ambiguous term. The government goes to great lengths to accommodate non-English speakers, but nearly all immigrants must demonstrate English proficiency to become U.S. Citizens, and the vast majority of Americans speak English. We should help immigrants to learn English, but we should not accept Spanish or any other language as an alternative to English in the United States.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »
I'm guessing that English is not Lickneckey's native language.  I mean, I really hope it isn't.  Can someone get that guy into an immersion program?

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »

4) if someone is capable of making a living without learning english then why should they.

Translation:   If we keep them uneducated and supplied with food stamps and other subsidies, we can keep them voting Democrat.  If they learn the language and are able to educate themselves, they may become conservative.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
why would you have to know english to receive an education?

why would they have to know english to be conservative?

:opcat: :nono: :opcat: :nono: :opcat:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »
why would you have to know english to receive an education?

why would they have to know english to be conservative?

:opcat: :nono: :opcat: :nono: :opcat:

For now, most schools in the US teach in the English language.

With more information comes wisdom.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2012, 09:42:52 AM »
Let's play a game, its called who said it.

We should replace bilingual education with immersion in English so people learn the common language of the country and so they learn the language of prosperity, not the language of living in a ghetto

Any guesses?

Don't know who said it, but it could be true for any immigrant in any country in which they can't effectively communicate.  If I were to move to Russia and not learn the language, I would be stuck doing manual labor living in a ghetto.

Anyway, I m going to guess, since they said English, Cesar Chavez.

You would actually have a better chance at a good job in Russia speaking only English than somebody who can only speak Russian.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »

4) if someone is capable of making a living without learning english then why should they.

Translation:   If we keep them uneducated and supplied with food stamps and other subsidies, we can keep them voting Democrat.  If they learn the language and are able to educate themselves, they may become conservative.

It's not like providing a translator for the children of immigrants at a school is going to keep them from learning English. It will keep them from falling behind on their coursework by 1-2 years while they learn the language, though.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »

It's not like providing a translator for the children of immigrants at a school is going to keep them from learning English. It will keep them from falling behind on their coursework by 1-2 years while they learn the language, though.

Translators? WTF.?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »

Translators? WTF.?

Oh yes,  Soon every kid will be assigned a para.  The cost of public education is skyrocketing and we have the same number of students as we did 10 years ago.  Every little crap who can't sit still is assigned a para, which the taxpayer subsidizes to the detriment of the rest.  It's idiotic, but it's also "fair".
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Wonder how many countries have bilingual courses in public schools.  Not like "learn your native language and another" but like "learn your native language and the language of the country you are currently living in."  I imagine it probably happens everywhere.  I mean, no way the US is actually bending over backwards to accomodate immigrants, right?  No way that's happening, cause MIR says we're all a bunch of racists who don't care about anyone except white people.  Right?

Exactly.  The United States is the international leader in bilingual education.  Nailed it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
If there's one thing that really, and I mean REALLY, burns me, it's educating disadvantaged kids. There will always be another country to provide an exploitable work force, but where would we be without a clear and present "they"?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
I briefly thought of going with "clear and present stranger" there, but felt the corniness would be a distraction (not to mention a grammatical stretch that would give skinny a linguistic charlie horse). I also considered "clear and present L'Etranger," but felt it would give the referenced minority the wrong connotation and distract from the productivity of the thread. And also be mispronounced.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2012, 12:40:25 AM »

Translators? WTF.?

Oh yes,  Soon every kid will be assigned a para.  The cost of public education is skyrocketing and we have the same number of students as we did 10 years ago.  Every little crap who can't sit still is assigned a para, which the taxpayer subsidizes to the detriment of the rest.  It's idiotic, but it's also "fair".

Yes, this is exactly what is happening. :lol:

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/01/30/414199/gingrich-refused-work-student/?mobile=nc

:driving:

I don't know, maybe you guys do, but was Newt on welfare, food stamps, or any other government assistance at the time?  :dunno: