Author Topic: Can someone please tell Newt...  (Read 12627 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please tell Newt...
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 11:38:14 AM »
Story about foodstamps;

My sis-in-law has been on food stamps for like 3 years.  She isn't poor though, she works part-time and goes to nursing school.  Her husband is in the military and with the great benefits they get they make pretty good money.  Thing is she lies and says that they are seperated just not divorced and that she is raising the kids on her own.  I don't know how she gets away with it.  I guess it is because he has been deployed for 2 of the last three years and stayed on base for 6 months when he was stateside.  Anyway, chick gets like $450/ month on a vision card.  She buys so much food that when she gets home from the store she usually has to throw crap out just to make room for the new crap.  BTW, mostly all of it is processed, premade crap and snacks.  She's white.

What a $!#*. She should be spending that $450 on quality stuff from Whole Foods

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
I gave you the quote, the context, and when it was said.  You questioned my contextual use, you can type six words into any search engine to find what you're looking for, I'm not doing for you.

I also told you in the very first post why I'm pointing out that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks, not going to do that again either.  My point is correct I was really just wondering what mindless robotic Fox bot would try to refute what I was pointing out.  Grats you win, I was hoping to catch more of you, I got one, meh.

And there's the tap out. Let's try this one more time: As I said above, I tried to Google your six words since you would not provide a link, and the best I could find was the MSNBC article posted above. The quote in that article was completely innocuous, and I found no link to a SC victory speech as you claim. Until you prove otherwise, you are completely full of sh*t.

Second, I don't think you understand the word context. According to Websters, it is "something liberals have no regard for when quoting conservatives." You provided none, let alone a full quote.

Third, your "point," such as it is, is asinine, as I've demonstrated in several posts above, because it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. 1 in 3 blacks on food stamps, versus 1 in 7 whites. If you want to argue that there is a legitimate reason for the depressingly high level of black poverty in this county, that's a different issue. Just don't try to justify black food stamp usage by pointing to whites, who use far less as a percentage of population. That is just stupid. You are embarrassing yourself.

Christ man, you can't be that helpless can you?  Also why do you keep insisting that I took Newt out of context when you have no clue what the actual context is?  You shouldn't even waste your time watching the video for the sake of continuing this conversation, I'm making a very basic irrefutable point that you clearly aren't getting.  It isn't about voodoo math or stat tricks.  You aren't getting this through your titanium skull, what I can't figure out is if your act is intentional or not?

Have you thought about why none of your like minded peers have yet to post on this topic?  You're drowning sometimes its okay to quit.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »
I gave you the quote, the context, and when it was said.  You questioned my contextual use, you can type six words into any search engine to find what you're looking for, I'm not doing for you.

I also told you in the very first post why I'm pointing out that there are more whites on food stamps than blacks, not going to do that again either.  My point is correct I was really just wondering what mindless robotic Fox bot would try to refute what I was pointing out.  Grats you win, I was hoping to catch more of you, I got one, meh.

And there's the tap out. Let's try this one more time: As I said above, I tried to Google your six words since you would not provide a link, and the best I could find was the MSNBC article posted above. The quote in that article was completely innocuous, and I found no link to a SC victory speech as you claim. Until you prove otherwise, you are completely full of sh*t.

Second, I don't think you understand the word context. According to Websters, it is "something liberals have no regard for when quoting conservatives." You provided none, let alone a full quote.

Third, your "point," such as it is, is asinine, as I've demonstrated in several posts above, because it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. 1 in 3 blacks on food stamps, versus 1 in 7 whites. If you want to argue that there is a legitimate reason for the depressingly high level of black poverty in this county, that's a different issue. Just don't try to justify black food stamp usage by pointing to whites, who use far less as a percentage of population. That is just stupid. You are embarrassing yourself.

Christ man, you can't be that helpless can you?  Also why do you keep insisting that I took Newt out of context when you have no clue what the actual context is?  You shouldn't even waste your time watching the video for the sake of continuing this conversation, I'm making a very basic irrefutable point that you clearly aren't getting.  It isn't about voodoo math or stat tricks.  You aren't getting this through your titanium skull, what I can't figure out is if your act is intentional or not?

Have you thought about why none of your like minded peers have yet to post on this topic?  You're drowning sometimes its okay to quit.

God dammit, MIR, I just had to sit through that entire 24 minute video just to figure out that you completely misquoted Gingi. What he actually says, at 15:40, is "I would like to be the best paycheck president in American history. And I want to go into every neighborhood of every ethnic background in every part of the country and say to people very simply: if you want your children to have a life of dependency and food stamps, you have a candidate, its Barack Obama. If you want your children to have a life of independence and paychecks, you have a candidate, its Newt Gingrich. And I'll bet you we have votes everywhere." White is an ethnic background, dumbshit.

Finally, I love how pointing out that whites utilize food stamps, as a share of the population, far less than blacks, is "voodoo math or stat tricks." Oh, the diseased mind of a liberal....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:55:06 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
"White is an ethnic background, dumbshit"

With that I think we're done here.  This is so maddingly stupid, there is literally nothing I can add to this thread.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »
"White is an ethnic background, dumbshit"

With that I think we're done here.  This is so maddingly stupid, there is literally nothing I can add to this thread.

it's not stupid, it's dishonest.  i love stupid posters, because it is fun to lol @ them.  i hate the posters that pretend to be stupid, because they waste everyone's time and lower the level of the discussion.

also, govts shouldn't incentivize having children.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
Dumb of MIR to mention the white vs blacks food stamps thing.

Dumber of the other dude to post that last debacle, though he was right earlier.

Food Stamps shouldn't be the problem of the federal government,
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 01:18:52 AM »
Also, Newt is smart, and not a dumbass.  He is a piece of crap though and knowingly said that stuff to earn the favor of IMO a pretty racist crowd, and state of voters.  These were the same people who had earlier booed the golden rule.  They call themselves evangelicals.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »
Yeah, sorry, I meant to say that whites must, by definition, be included in "every ethnic background," the same as all other people. There is nothing racist or discriminatory about that quote.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »
There is nothing racist or discriminatory about that quote.

give me a rough ridin' break.  you're not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (at least not this Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)), you know perfectly well why a political candidate, campaigning in south carolina, wants to go around mentioning "ethnic backgrounds" and food stamps in the same sentence.

it's a fine line in 2012, being racist enough to get racists to vote for you, but not so overtly racist that people that would prefer not to think of themselves as racist are slapped in the face with it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 03:39:56 PM »

give me a rough ridin' break.  you're not a respect (at least not this Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)), you know perfectly well why a political candidate, campaigning in south carolina, wants to go around mentioning "ethnic backgrounds" and food stamps in the same sentence.

it's a fine line in 2012, being racist enough to get racists to vote for you, but not so overtly racist that people that would prefer not to think of themselves as racist are slapped in the face with it.

Seems to me like he intentionally said "every ethnic background" so as not to be accused of racism. Just can't win with the liberal grievance mongers.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 04:36:44 PM »

give me a rough ridin' break.  you're not a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (at least not this Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)), you know perfectly well why a political candidate, campaigning in south carolina, wants to go around mentioning "ethnic backgrounds" and food stamps in the same sentence.

The ability to walk this line so delicately is what I admire most about newt.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »

The ability to walk this line so delicately is what I admire most about newt.

It's an outstanding tactic, as I said earlier this stuff works great in primary season, it will get him killed in a general.  He's energizing the LCD that will be great until the day after Super Tuesday.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 05:34:07 PM »
Also, "delicately" was the wrong word. I think I was going for "brazenly".

And yeah. Huge lol at Gingrich winning a general election. He's totally rough ridin' over the republican party at this point. Deep down, he probably knows that but just doesn't give a crap. Which I also admire.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
Also, Newt is smart, and not a dumbass.  He is a piece of crap though and knowingly said that stuff to earn the favor of IMO a pretty racist crowd, and state of voters.  These were the same people who had earlier booed the golden rule.  They call themselves evangelicals.

Jesus rough ridin' Christ Nic, how can you say I'm dumb one post and completely agree with me the next?  I don't know what "blacks vs. whites food stamps things" is but I wasn't pitting race against race or even debating the merits of who should or shouldn't have food stamps.  I simply pointed out that Newt's quote in his speech took an everyone issue and quite clearly made it a black issue.  Quite simply put "going to every ethnic neighborhood" to talk about the issue of food stamps is disingenuous at best, because he knows there are more white people on food stamps than any and every ethnic group.

It's a lot easier to energize these stupid, mayo loving, evangelical crackers on the concept of welfare being a black issue than an everybody issue.  He knows this and like I said disingenuous at best racist at worst and likely a combination of the two.

Frankly I've never understood why anyone cares who is on welfare or not.  I have money but wouldn't be considered rich, but Barack Obama being the food stamp president hasn't stopped me from owning houses, cars, taking vacations, having season tickets, etc.  You would think people would be more outraged about multi million dollar companies who legally don't have to pay taxes.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 06:12:13 PM »
You would think people would be more outraged about multi million dollar companies who legally don't have to pay taxes.

I saw a bunch of angry white people outraged about this in dc. And most of them could have benefited from some soap stamps.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
"..and I want to go into every neighborhood, of every ethnic background, in every part of the country, and say to people very simply, if you want to have your children live a life of dependency and food stamps, you have a candidate that's Barrack Obama. If you want your children to have a life of in-dependency and paychecks, you have a candidate that's Newt Gingrich..."

IMO, this is a case of liberal "mis-spoke" or "poor choice of words", or "if he had it to do over again".  It seems obvious that with his choice of words, he was actually trying to be inclusive of everyone by saying "of every ethnic background",   but today's definition of "ethnic" seems to encompass everyone except white.  It really doesn't matter though, because Romney will be the nominee, but I'm sure at some point he will say something unintentionally racist as well.  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
"..and I want to go into every neighborhood, of every ethnic background, in every part of the country, and say to people very simply, if you want to have your children live a life of dependency and food stamps, you have a candidate that's Barrack Obama. If you want your children to have a life of in-dependency and paychecks, you have a candidate that's Newt Gingrich..."

IMO, this is a case of liberal "mis-spoke" or "poor choice of words", or "if he had it to do over again".  It seems obvious that with his choice of words, he was actually trying to be inclusive of everyone by saying "of every ethnic background",   but today's definition of "ethnic" seems to encompass everyone except white.  It really doesn't matter though, because Romney will be the nominee, but I'm sure at some point he will say something unintentionally racist as well.  :frown:

Ethnic has always been used to describe a minority group.  Before blacks and hispanics were thoughts of as equals, ethnic referred to Italians and the Irish who were the win-class before civil rights laws.  The 60's did for Italians and Irish what immigration reform did for blacks and 9/11 did for Mexicans.

Romney won't say anything that will be construed as racist, nor did McCain.  Your comment is quite ironic considering the last Presidential election it was wacko republicans calling the democrat nominee a racist, not vice versa.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
You would think people would be more outraged about multi million dollar companies who legally don't have to pay taxes.

I saw a bunch of angry white people outraged about this in dc. And most of them could have benefited from some soap stamps.

lol

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 07:21:37 PM »
What normal people see in the quote: Newt has gone full Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) on the Southern strategy.

What KSU sees: Newt's not in any way a racist. He's just No. 1 with racists.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »

lol

Yeah, that was an amazing line

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »

Attention Race Baiting Retards: It's Not About Your Race, It's Your Attitude, STFU                                                k   thx
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 08:21:05 PM »
From what I can remember, MIR started this "mayo-loving = racist cracker" thing shortly after we had a pre-game dinner at r-a-b where I'm pretty sure I got mayo on my belly buster.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »
Seems to me like he intentionally said "every ethnic background" so as not to be accused of racism. Just can't win with the liberal grievance mongers.

i stand corrected, i see now it's not such a fine line.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 09:04:32 PM »

i stand corrected, i see now it's not such a fine line.

tone down the non-negro dialect please
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2012, 10:05:16 PM »

Ethnic has always been used to describe a minority group.  Before blacks and hispanics were thoughts of as equals, ethnic referred to Italians and the Irish who were the win-class before civil rights laws.  The 60's did for Italians and Irish what immigration reform did for blacks and 9/11 did for Mexicans.

Romney won't say anything that will be construed as racist, nor did McCain.  Your comment is quite ironic considering the last Presidential election it was wacko republicans calling the democrat nominee a racist, not vice versa.

Yes, ethnicity used to apply to all races, including white.

You are right, Romney will not intentionally say anything racist.