Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625975 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #475 on: June 04, 2010, 02:14:53 PM »
damn it.

Either you didn't save after that mission, or you just need to hit the left bumper and you'll see it on the left side of your weapon wheel.
it's not in my weapon wheel. i'm sure it was one of the billion times my game locked up before i saved.  i'll go find bonnie's tight ass again and see whats up.
She gives it to you right before the horsebreaking mission, where you lasso a few horses and break them.
ya i broke the horses and did a damn fine job.  like i said, i must have broke the horses and then it locked up on me b4 i saved.
PS3 or 360?
It locked up, duh, what do you think?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 04, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »
damn it.

Either you didn't save after that mission, or you just need to hit the left bumper and you'll see it on the left side of your weapon wheel.
it's not in my weapon wheel. i'm sure it was one of the billion times my game locked up before i saved.  i'll go find bonnie's tight ass again and see whats up.
She gives it to you right before the horsebreaking mission, where you lasso a few horses and break them.
ya i broke the horses and did a damn fine job.  like i said, i must have broke the horses and then it locked up on me b4 i saved.
PS3 or 360?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 05, 2010, 09:48:11 AM »
this game is pretty buggy.  i've had to reset several times just tonight.  they didn't do a very good job testing it.
Haven't had any problems thus far...

my game will get hung up in loading screens where i have to shut down and restart the whole 360, i've had several animations (where i'm supposed to be talking to someone) go mute and then i'm glued to the floor- but the game isn't dead, i just can't move, forcing another reboot.  was riding out to Gaptooth Breach looking for some Desert Sage and my horse started flying and i was running inside of mountains and crap (that's happened twice)-  reboot.  several times my gun just won't draw and i can't switch to alternative weapons either, i have to rebood 360 to get it to work again.  i've never played any game this buggy.

i'm working on becoming a Master Survivalist.  can't wait!
Perhaps a RRoD is in your future? :fatty:
i'm starting to think this is a HW issue after all.  i've tried the mission where you go whispering horses with bonnie and her dad a dozen times and every time i get to the part where i 'm supposed to go find the big horse (after leading the horses to the canyon), my horse and me either start floating in the air or we go down into the ground and it stops responding.  the game time keeps moving though, because eventually the horse gets away and it tells me i fail, but i can't move.  the 360 responds normally though, like if i hit the xbox button i can go out to XBL, etc.  lame.  i think maybe the video card/VGU is over heating or something.  other games have no problems though, don't. know.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 05, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »
this game is pretty buggy.  i've had to reset several times just tonight.  they didn't do a very good job testing it.
Haven't had any problems thus far...

my game will get hung up in loading screens where i have to shut down and restart the whole 360, i've had several animations (where i'm supposed to be talking to someone) go mute and then i'm glued to the floor- but the game isn't dead, i just can't move, forcing another reboot.  was riding out to Gaptooth Breach looking for some Desert Sage and my horse started flying and i was running inside of mountains and crap (that's happened twice)-  reboot.  several times my gun just won't draw and i can't switch to alternative weapons either, i have to rebood 360 to get it to work again.  i've never played any game this buggy.

i'm working on becoming a Master Survivalist.  can't wait!
Perhaps a RRoD is in your future? :fatty:
i'm starting to think this is a HW issue after all.  i've tried the mission where you go whispering horses with bonnie and her dad a dozen times and every time i get to the part where i 'm supposed to go find the big horse (after leading the horses to the canyon), my horse and me either start floating in the air or we go down into the ground and it stops responding.  the game time keeps moving though, because eventually the horse gets away and it tells me i fail, but i can't move.  the 360 responds normally though, like if i hit the xbox button i can go out to XBL, etc.  lame.  i think maybe the video card/VGU is over heating or something.  other games have no problems though, don't. know.
Might be a bad copy of the game itself. Dunno.  That sucks though.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 05, 2010, 12:00:02 PM »

ya and i'm not counting on eb games taking it back either.  f'n sux.  now i have to shell out another $65 bones if i want to become a Master Survivalist. 

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »

ya and i'm not counting on eb games taking it back either.  f'n sux.  now i have to shell out another $65 bones if i want to become a Master Survivalist. 

Small price to pay for a skill like that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 05, 2010, 12:41:48 PM »
update:  just went to eb and the dude is going to swap it out for me.  NOT LAME!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 05, 2010, 03:01:10 PM »
update:  just went to eb and the dude is going to swap it out for me.  NOT LAME!

Get your ass to mexico and get those cactus flowers!  Master Survivalist is mere steps away.....once you get it, the survivalist map sticks around for twice as long when you activate it (you have to buy them at stores).

So far, I am not really enjoying Mexico as much as I thought I would.  I do like killing bobcats, however. 

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 05, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
I haven't even played it since I got to Mejico.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 05, 2010, 03:47:34 PM »

Get your ass to mexico and get those cactus flowers!  Master Survivalist is mere steps away.....once you get it, the survivalist map sticks around for twice as long when you activate it (you have to buy them at stores).

So far, I am not really enjoying Mexico as much as I thought I would.  I do like killing bobcats, however. 
i bought the survivalist map a long time ago, not sure what it does. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
Figured it out

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2010, 06:27:25 PM »
ok i'm finally getting crap done now that i have a working disc.  i have to make myself turn this crap off.  great game.

i've been helping slim and now i'm heading back to Amarillo.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 07, 2010, 03:07:22 PM »
I think i'm about half way done with the game. Been messing around in Mexico too damn much. Read back through this thread and realized i need to do more survivalist/killing mountain lion stuff. I really want that Buffalo Rifle. Is that the same as the sniper rifle??

Do you guys use the Springfield rifle all the time now?? I was worried about running out of bullets, but the advanced campsite or w/e changed my mind.

Just made my way to the general store and gunnery after realizing i had over 2500 dollars saved up(not sure if this is a lot or not) Anything particular worth buying??

Also, does Bonnie ever come back?? I'm gonna be pissed if I don't bang her by the time this is over.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »
I think i'm about half way done with the game. Been messing around in Mexico too damn much. Read back through this thread and realized i need to do more survivalist/killing mountain lion stuff. I really want that Buffalo Rifle. Is that the same as the sniper rifle??

Do you guys use the Springfield rifle all the time now?? I was worried about running out of bullets, but the advanced campsite or w/e changed my mind.

Just made my way to the general store and gunnery after realizing i had over 2500 dollars saved up(not sure if this is a lot or not) Anything particular worth buying??

Also, does Bonnie ever come back?? I'm gonna be pissed if I don't bang her by the time this is over.

Buffalo rifle is good for... buffalo obviously but also bear.  1 shot kills to the head.  The sniper rifle is almost as powerful but the scope is sweet. Standing way off in the distance from a bad guy hideout and clipping a couple heads off is a blast. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
So I've been reading this page, and it looks alot like the game I just bought, Red Dead?  If so, what are the EMAW early reviews???  I mostly play sports games, but I did love Grand Theft Auto, and he said it's got a Grand Theft Auto in the wild west feel to it.  Have not opened it yet, waiting to get burned out on MLB The Show.  Shouldnt take long.   :users:
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 09, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »
you have to start playing Red Dead immediately.  it's awesome.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2010, 09:59:38 AM »
Thanks!  On it after work.
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 09, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
Thanks!  On it after work.
there's a lot of good advice in this thread about getting started, etc. so just refer here if you need help

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 09, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »
I should have shot Bonnie in the rough ridin' head while I had the chance. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 09, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »
I should have shot Bonnie in the rough ridin' head while I had the chance. 

no spoilers!!! i don't want to know what you mean!!! I'm only 51% done.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 09, 2010, 12:47:24 PM »
Just make sure that you save "Remember my Family" mission for the end (at least 90% completion) or you will be caught off guard.  This is the last mission.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 09, 2010, 12:49:43 PM »
I recently went into game stop and talked to one of their employees. We discussed such games as assasains creed. There will be a new one released in november ? i think that was when he said. Online play will be on the game.
Ncaa football and Madden are screwing us over so bad. If you want to buy the game, and play online. Your going to have to pay 75$. Its like an extra package and its absolute bulllllshiiiitttt.
EMAW

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 09, 2010, 12:57:31 PM »
I recently went into game stop and talked to one of their employees. We discussed such games as assasains creed. There will be a new one released in november ? i think that was when he said. Online play will be on the game.
Ncaa football and Madden are screwing us over so bad. If you want to buy the game, and play online. Your going to have to pay 75$. Its like an extra package and its absolute bulllllshiiiitttt.

I heard it comes with the game new, but it can only be used once, so if you buy a used copy you have to pay for the code to play online with them.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 09, 2010, 01:01:52 PM »

I heard it comes with the game new, but it can only be used once, so if you buy a used copy you have to pay for the code to play online with them.
its like 10 or 15 extra bucks or something i think.
EMAW

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 09, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »

its like 10 or 15 extra bucks or something i think.

YEAH, but only if you buy the game used.  New games will come with a code that works once to unlock online gaming. rental games will have 7 days free.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/ea-sports-to-charge-10-to-play-used-games-online.ars