Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 626079 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #400 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »
HL2 --> OSX http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/26/valve-celebrates-half-life-2-for-os-x-with-a-nod-to-apples-198/

Welcome to 39 years ago.

thanks bro!  i'll be saying the same thing to you 39 years from now when you finally break down and buy a console to play games on!   :gocho:

I own a PS3 :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 01, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »
damnit, you got me. :frown:

I do own like 6 games though...MGS4, Uncharted series, few others.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 01, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
Well, way points certainly make the game easier.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 01, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »
Also, do you know if you hit the Back button, you open your satchel? You can do your campfires and equip stuff like the bandana.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 01, 2010, 10:05:35 PM »
ya i opened the satchel and found the campsite which allows you to save your game.  i don't have a bandana yet though, still working my way into the beginning missions. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 01, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »
this game is pretty buggy.  i've had to reset several times just tonight.  they didn't do a very good job testing it.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2010, 07:45:46 AM »
this game is pretty buggy.  i've had to reset several times just tonight.  they didn't do a very good job testing it.
Haven't had any problems thus far...
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2010, 08:17:00 AM »
Waiting around for wild boars is a pain in the ass.  Half the time I end up shooting mountain lions and wolves instead.  The only place I could find (before unlocking any bridges) with wild boar was down by Thieves landing.

FYI, best place to get your knife kills on wolves is at Gaptooth Breach or at Riley's Charge.  I was all  :ohno: at first, but they are actually pussies.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2010, 08:37:50 AM »
this game is pretty buggy.  i've had to reset several times just tonight.  they didn't do a very good job testing it.

my game will get hung up in loading screens where i have to shut down and restart the whole 360, i've had several animations (where i'm supposed to be talking to someone) go mute and then i'm glued to the floor- but the game isn't dead, i just can't move, forcing another reboot.  was riding out to Gaptooth Breach looking for some Desert Sage and my horse started flying and i was running inside of mountains and crap (that's happened twice)-  reboot.  several times my gun just won't draw and i can't switch to alternative weapons either, i have to rebood 360 to get it to work again.  i've never played any game this buggy.

i'm working on becoming a Master Survivalist.  can't wait!

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 02, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »

my game will get hung up in loading screens where i have to shut down and restart the whole 360, i've had several animations (where i'm supposed to be talking to someone) go mute and then i'm glued to the floor- but the game isn't dead, i just can't move, forcing another reboot.  was riding out to Gaptooth Breach looking for some Desert Sage and my horse started flying and i was running inside of mountains and crap (that's happened twice)-  reboot.  several times my gun just won't draw and i can't switch to alternative weapons either, i have to rebood 360 to get it to work again.  i've never played any game this buggy.

i'm working on becoming a Master Survivalist.  can't wait!
Perhaps a RRoD is in your future? :fatty:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:06 AM »
Waiting around for wild boars is a pain in the ass.  Half the time I end up shooting mountain lions and wolves instead.  The only place I could find (before unlocking any bridges) with wild boar was down by Thieves landing.

FYI, best place to get your knife kills on wolves is at Gaptooth Breach or at Riley's Charge.  I was all  :ohno: at first, but they are actually pussies.

North of the train tracks in Hennigan's Stead is where the boars usually are (right next to the picture of the boar on your map haha).  If you go there and use the "bait" they should start comin' around. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2010, 08:57:25 AM »

my game will get hung up in loading screens where i have to shut down and restart the whole 360, i've had several animations (where i'm supposed to be talking to someone) go mute and then i'm glued to the floor- but the game isn't dead, i just can't move, forcing another reboot.  was riding out to Gaptooth Breach looking for some Desert Sage and my horse started flying and i was running inside of mountains and crap (that's happened twice)-  reboot.  several times my gun just won't draw and i can't switch to alternative weapons either, i have to rebood 360 to get it to work again.  i've never played any game this buggy.

i'm working on becoming a Master Survivalist.  can't wait!
Perhaps a RRoD is in your future? :fatty:

those aren't hardware failures  :frown:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 02, 2010, 09:07:21 AM »
That's pretty strange, pclams. The only oddities I get are my horse acting like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

I was up till 1:30 playing last night. I just got to Mexico. I defeated a couple gangs and worked on stranger missions.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 02, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
is Mexico unlocked at first or do you have to unlock it over time by doing missions? 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »

North of the train tracks in Hennigan's Stead is where the boars usually are (right next to the picture of the boar on your map haha).  If you go there and use the "bait" they should start comin' around. 

I don't know how I missed that on the map.  I got all five that I needed, but I had to ride around all night to do it.....feel like I really "earned it," though, ya know?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 02, 2010, 09:15:44 AM »
is Mexico unlocked at first or do you have to unlock it over time by doing missions? 

It's locked.  I haven't unlocked any other spots yet and I have done a ton of stuff.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 02, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »

It's locked.  I haven't unlocked any other spots yet and I have done a ton of stuff.
pete, you should become a Master Survivalist like i'm trying to become. 

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #418 on: June 02, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
game sounds ridiculously fun, wish I still had a ps3 just for it.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 02, 2010, 10:17:21 AM »

Good luck. Only 3 plants are in New Austin. You need to unlock the others to get to the other plants.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 02, 2010, 10:23:05 AM »

Good luck. Only 3 plants are in New Austin. You need to unlock the others to get to the other plants.

I have made it through all the Master survivalist stuff I can do in New Austin.  I will be a Master Survivalist someday, just like Clams.  However, I am on a fast track to Master Hunter to get me my Buffalo Rifle.  Once I get the Buffalo rifle, I will be very, very pleased.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 02, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »
So when do I get to bang Bonnie(i think that's her name)?? She is quite the tease. Just got the game last night btw.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 02, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »

you really  know how to crush a budding Master Survivalist's dreams don't you, bad person?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 02, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
So when do I get to bang Bonnie(i think that's her name)?? She is quite the tease. Just got the game last night btw.

Red Dead Redemption is like the Champagne Room.

It takes a bit to get used to everything, but once you do the game is really fun.  My advice for early starters is to simply pull up your map and go to any spot that has a big white letter on it ("B" for missions with Bonnie, "M" for missions with the marshall).....Oh, and until you get handy with your guns, ride like hell if you hear a cougar or a wolf (more dog-like sound than the coyote yelping)....'cause they'll kill your horse.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 02, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »

you really  know how to crush a budding Master Survivalist's dreams don't you, bad person?

Don't let that get you down.  Those flowers will come in handy in "flowers for a lady."  Have you done that one yet?  If not, ride over to the creek area south of thieves landing and look for an old dude picking flowers.