Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625883 times)

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »
Saul, tecmo bowl throwback?
please take this discussion to the games that suck thread, tia.

Last night over the course of 45 mins I shot 60 hawks.  This really made me examine what my life has become.
saul must be right, i have to fix something in my settings b/c shooting a bird would damn near be impossible the way it is set up now.

You don't even need to use dead eye.  In fact, it's easier if you don't.  If you point your rifle in close proximity to whatever you're shooting at and then hit L2 it should automatically lock on. 
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 02, 2010, 02:34:27 PM »

Last night over the course of 45 mins I shot 60 hawks.  This really made me examine what my life has become.
saul must be right, i have to fix something in my settings b/c shooting a bird would damn near be impossible the way it is set up now.

Just follow my simple "LEFT-RIGHT" instructions above and you'll be amazed with the results.  I swear it to you, bro.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2010, 02:36:29 PM »

We live in a gilded age.  In a simpler time (e.g. John Marsten), we'd be struggling to make ends meat.  Now, we enjoy the fruits of our forefather's labors....it's a tribute to your ancestors that you killed that many video game hawks in such a short amount of time.  Bravo, I salute you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 02, 2010, 03:07:11 PM »

You don't even need to use dead eye.  In fact, it's easier if you don't.  If you point your rifle in close proximity to whatever you're shooting at and then hit L2 it should automatically lock on. 
i'm not talking about dead eye.

Just follow my simple "LEFT-RIGHT" instructions above and you'll be amazed with the results.  I swear it to you, bro.
negative ghost rider, heard about this early on and tried it.  doesn't work.  i think i have something turned off in my settings like saul suggested.  the only time the reticule goes to a enemy is if i'm on a mission and they're shooting me, otherwise i have to bring up the gun then right joystick until i get the thing on the thing i'm trying to shoot.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 02, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »
If aiming is on Normal or Casual, it should auto aim.

Are we playing the same game???

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 02, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
In normal targeting mode, you will need to have the reticule in the vicinity of the enemy and hit left trigger to lock on. Normal mode is the default.  However, it does prefer to target enemies better than animals/birds.  This is to help in a firefight, they don't want you to lock on to a rabbit next to some dude shooting at you.

In casual targeting mode, just hit the left trigger and it will lock on to the nearest enemy.  Similar rules apply as above.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:30:27 PM by Saulbadguy »
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 02, 2010, 04:30:57 PM »
I was going to get this game for father's day, but damn, all this discussion is making me antsy!!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 02, 2010, 09:49:13 PM »
Just saved the horses from the burning barn. No biggie.  :gocho:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 02, 2010, 11:47:35 PM »

MEXICO!!!!!11!!!11!!! :cheese:
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »
Am I close to Mexico yet? I've finished the Seth and West Dickens missions, about to start the Irish chain.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2010, 07:52:48 AM »
West Dickens is an annoying Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  i've only done one of his missions - the one where you have to go shoot the skull then shoot the guys hat in the air, etc. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »
Am I close to Mexico yet? I've finished the Seth and West Dickens missions, about to start the Irish chain.

Very. Irish has 3 missions then you assault the fort.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »

I am almost at the exact same spot.  About how far through the game is this?

Anyone have any good tips on killing mountain lions with a knife?  I got one last night, and another killed me right after that and I lost my kill.   :embarrassed:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2010, 01:42:38 PM »

I am almost at the exact same spot.  About how far through the game is this?

Anyone have any good tips on killing mountain lions with a knife?  I got one last night, and another killed me right after that and I lost my kill.   :embarrassed:

No idea. I just made it to Mexico. I'm guessing about 1/3 of the way through?

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »

No idea. I just made it to Mexico. I'm guessing about 1/3 of the way through?

make sure you only drink bottled water.  is that part of the survivalist thingy.  this game sounds really cool.  will have to pick it up after i get sick of world cup game

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
where's my fracking lasso?  do i have to buy one?  i had it when we went and whispered those horses. 

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »
where's my fracking lasso?  do i have to buy one?  i had it when we went and whispered those horses. 
You eventually get one from Bonnie.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »
damn it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2010, 08:38:41 PM »
damn it.

Either you didn't save after that mission, or you just need to hit the left bumper and you'll see it on the left side of your weapon wheel.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Been playing the new map pack on MW2 this afternoon.  The new maps are unlike any previous map that I have played.  Lots of nooks and crannies for a guy like me that likes to pop people in the ass as they run by so they rage quit.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
damn it.

Either you didn't save after that mission, or you just need to hit the left bumper and you'll see it on the left side of your weapon wheel.
it's not in my weapon wheel. i'm sure it was one of the billion times my game locked up before i saved.  i'll go find bonnie's tight ass again and see whats up.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 04, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
damn it.

it's not in my weapon wheel. i'm sure it was one of the billion times my game locked up before i saved.  i'll go find bonnie's tight ass again and see whats up.
She gives it to you right before the horsebreaking mission, where you lasso a few horses and break them.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2010, 10:42:58 AM »
damn it.

She gives it to you right before the horsebreaking mission, where you lasso a few horses and break them.
ya i broke the horses and did a damn fine job.  like i said, i must have broke the horses and then it locked up on me b4 i saved.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 04, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »
I killed two mountain lions last night with my knife.  :gocho:  Unlocked the Buffalo rifle and I haven't even completed all the Wes Dickens quests yet.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 04, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »
damn it.

ya i broke the horses and did a damn fine job.  like i said, i must have broke the horses and then it locked up on me b4 i saved.
PS3 or 360?