Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 605086 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6100 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:28 PM »
Kill the Legendary animals for the Talisman perks.  The Fence crafts them for you.

My Arabian died last night, so I went back up and caught it again. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: November 22, 2018, 06:08:50 PM »
I have been away from my beloved Xbox all week. I feel like Charles is going to walk into my in-laws house and tell me that Dutch is looking for me.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: November 22, 2018, 06:11:08 PM »
I have been away from my beloved Xbox all week. I feel like Charles is going to walk into my in-laws house and tell me that Dutch is looking for me.

Lol

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: November 23, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
So i've only took out a couple legendary animals as i came across them. I think i want to focus on that more this weekend. What is the best strategy once i kill one? Do i skin it and immediately ride back to Trapper, or Pearson? I read that it's a good idea to upgrade your satchel with Pearson, or maybe that is regarding perfect pelts...not legendary.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: November 23, 2018, 08:36:55 AM »
So i've only took out a couple legendary animals as i came across them. I think i want to focus on that more this weekend. What is the best strategy once i kill one? Do i skin it and immediately ride back to Trapper, or Pearson? I read that it's a good idea to upgrade your satchel with Pearson, or maybe that is regarding perfect pelts...not legendary.

Take Legendary pelts to the trapper and he can make special garments.  The trapper also needs “perfect” pelts for most garments.  Pearson needs perfect pelts.

The funny thing is that legendary pelts are actually easier to get than most perfect pelts.  For perfect pelts, you have to locate a three out of three star animal, AND get them with a clean kill with the proper sized weapon.  Like a head shot from a sniper rifle on a buffalo, or a headshot from a varmant rifle for a beaver.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6105 on: November 23, 2018, 08:39:28 AM »

Take Legendary pelts to the trapper and he can make special garments.  The trapper also needs “perfect” pelts for most garments.  Pearson needs perfect pelts.

The funny thing is that legendary pelts are actually easier to get than most perfect pelts.  For perfect pelts, you have to locate a three out of three star animal, AND get them with a clean kill with the proper sized weapon.  Like a head shot from a sniper rifle on a buffalo, or a headshot from a varmant rifle for a beaver.

:thumbs:

Do the legendary animals respawn after you kill them? Or once it's killed, it's gone forever?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:23 AM »

:thumbs:

Do the legendary animals respawn after you kill them? Or once it's killed, it's gone forever?

Gone forever.  They are easy to kill, because you can shot them like a zillion times with any kind of gun you want and it doesn’t impact the pelt quality. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: November 23, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »
Go kill some hogs for animal fat and then you can craft some explosive rifle rounds, kills even the biggest legendary dudes very easily.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: November 23, 2018, 05:31:22 PM »
Go kill some hogs for animal fat and then you can craft some explosive rifle rounds, kills even the biggest legendary dudes very easily.

Ducks have fat too!  Also, try some moonshine/shotgun shell combos.  Those doozies are fun.  However, they burn up whatever you kill...can't loot a dude after you smoke him with one of those.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: November 24, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »
Are you guys good or bad on the morality meter? I'm really bad. Is that why people don't invite me inside. I usually show up at their place then they turn red on my map and shoot at me so I have to kill them.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: November 24, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
i finally got my gold border in overwatch today

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: November 25, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »
Are you guys good or bad on the morality meter? I'm really bad. Is that why people don't invite me inside. I usually show up at their place then they turn red on my map and shoot at me so I have to kill them.

I'm on the good side. Only the rival gang members come straight out and attack me. If i play through again, i'll gonna be more ruthless.
- chunkles

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: November 25, 2018, 05:34:51 PM »
I hit maximum honor today

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: November 25, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: November 25, 2018, 11:43:06 PM »
You get an achievement

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: November 25, 2018, 11:44:40 PM »
Also if you tap down on the d-pad it will show you where you are on the bar

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: November 26, 2018, 07:12:25 AM »
I hit maximum honor today
Are you broke from never looting anyone?
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: November 26, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
I still loot everyone and have like $6k  :gocho:

You also get a 50% discount from all vendors for high honor, which doesn't really matter because I bought everything long ago.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: November 26, 2018, 10:43:43 AM »
guys I have a serious problem killing animals in this game. big time catch and release guy here.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: November 28, 2018, 09:47:38 AM »
Kill the Legendary animals for the Talisman perks.  The Fence crafts them for you.

My Arabian died last night, so I went back up and caught it again.
I both caught one and bought one. I enjoy leveling up horses and selling them so dang much.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: November 28, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
Has anyone beat the main story of  RDR2 yet? I just started Chapter 5 before class today it's getting pretty  :sdeek: Very much a slow burn western and I have fallen in love with most of the gang but Micah and Dutch. Just getting craaazy is all and im #AllIn

Also sidenote, RDR2 Online opens up to those who played the game on release day for PS4, xbone has to wait a few more weeks. LOL
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: November 28, 2018, 09:59:14 AM »
I'm trying to delay the main story as much as possible. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: November 28, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »

Also sidenote, RDR2 Online opens up to those who played the game on release day for PS4, xbone has to wait a few more weeks. LOL

Nope.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: November 28, 2018, 10:17:37 AM »

Nope.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
WOof

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: November 28, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »
I'm trying to delay the main story as much as possible.

What are you doing then? I suppose I use the missions as reasons to explore the map. I don't typically go to uncharted territory unless a mission takes me there.