Author Topic: Video games master thread  (Read 625088 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: Video games master thread
« Reply #6075 on: November 18, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
I was having issues reeling in really big fish until i watched the video on spamming the left joystick.  Makes it very simple. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: November 19, 2018, 08:53:53 AM »
Fallout 76 is a bit rough

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: November 19, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »

I suspected that it would be hard to make multiplayer.  Is it just clunky or totally not fun?

Also, I am super optimistic about Red Dead 2 multiplayer...just can't fathom how they'd do that and still make it fun.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: November 19, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
I had no interest in GTAv online and have even less interest in rdr2 online
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: November 19, 2018, 01:06:56 PM »
I had no interest in GTAv online and have even less interest in rdr2 online

Agreed.  I mistyped my previous post.  I am NOT super optimistic about it. 

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: November 19, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
I tried to beat a train with my Arabian this weekend. Right as i was crossing, Bucky's back legs got clipped. Thought i could use horse reviver to save him...but it wouldn't even give me the option. :(
I shut off the game in a panic hoping it wouldn't save. Haven't turned it back on check :ohno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: November 19, 2018, 02:33:33 PM »
I tried to beat a train with my Arabian this weekend. Right as i was crossing, Bucky's back legs got clipped. Thought i could use horse reviver to save him...but it wouldn't even give me the option. :(
I shut off the game in a panic hoping it wouldn't save. Haven't turned it back on check :ohno:
:nono: :nono:

Your actions have consequences, dubdub. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: November 19, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: November 19, 2018, 02:53:13 PM »

I've done that as well.  It's pretty depressing to have to steal or buy a new horse.  I never keep extras in my stalls.  I probably should for this reason.

Where do you find the Arabian horse in the wild?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: November 19, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »

I've done that as well.  It's pretty depressing to have to steal or buy a new horse.  I never keep extras in my stalls.  I probably should for this reason.

Where do you find the Arabian horse in the wild?

I bought mine in Saint Denis.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: November 19, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »

I suspected that it would be hard to make multiplayer.  Is it just clunky or totally not fun?

Also, I am super optimistic about Red Dead 2 multiplayer...just can't fathom how they'd do that and still make it fun.

No NPCs.  All of that is done through holotapes.  Level up system involves you adding points to the SPECIAL skills but then you draw cards for the perks, so there really isn't much of a way to plan.  Nobody really interacts in multiplayer unless there is an event (which was taken from destiny).  You have eat and drink meters to keep full, not just health, which is pretty monotonous.

There is a 50gig update I'm downloading today so we'll see what tweeks they made.  It's not worth buying now but I'm hopeful they'll figure it out given their track record.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: November 19, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
Apparently Arabians spawn behind a house just north of Saint Denis.  No need to break them in. 

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: November 20, 2018, 07:36:07 AM »
Spoiler Alert, of course.

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-players-keep-finding-creepy-easte-1830502069

I love all the extra bits thrown in.  Got jumped by the nightfolk once while walking through the swamp.  Saw a corpse hanging from a tree, turned around to check it out, and boom, jumped and killed. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: November 20, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-players-keep-finding-creepy-easte-1830502069

I love all the extra bits thrown in.  Got jumped by the nightfolk once while walking through the swamp.  Saw a corpse hanging from a tree, turned around to check it out, and boom, jumped and killed.

I went to a cabin up north of Rhodes where some inbred incest siblings invited me in and started to get me drunk.  It got weird and I shot them both, but I kind of wish I let it play out a bit longer.
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: November 20, 2018, 08:14:28 AM »

I went to a cabin up north of Rhodes where some inbred incest siblings invited me in and started to get me drunk.  It got weird and I shot them both, but I kind of wish I let it play out a bit longer.

Yeah I've read about this one, it gets good. Haven't seen it yet though.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: November 20, 2018, 10:29:59 AM »

The walking zombies in the swamp spooked me a bit.  I was very much like WTF is this? 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: November 20, 2018, 10:32:30 AM »
I hit up a cabin south of the Braithwaite manor.  A dude and his dad were arguing (dad was drunk).  They heard me...dad told son to hide in his room.  Killed the dad cause he was trying to kill me.  Son cowered under the bed and gave up the location of the cash.  Arthur also told him his dad was hiding letters from his mom.  Poor kid...

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: November 20, 2018, 12:38:46 PM »

I let it play out. It had a happy ending
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: November 20, 2018, 12:40:16 PM »

He was gone when I got back in :(
Oh well, Got Bucky #2 and we'll be buds in a few days.
- chunkles

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: November 20, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »

I let it play out. It had a happy ending

A guy on Surly went back and tied up the woman and dumped her where Arthur was left and the woman started screaming and freaking out about 'mother'. Pretty cool attention to detail.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: November 21, 2018, 07:59:10 AM »
I got my wild Arabian horse last night from the far NW of the map.  It took about 30 seconds to break...not sure why everyone said it took an hour.

Also got my Legendary Buffalo at the same time.  Thank god the items get sent to trapper, because this was the second time I killed a Legendary animal in the water and couldn't skin. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: November 21, 2018, 11:05:49 AM »
One of my favorite games of all time. I played it so much.

https://twitter.com/gifzelda/status/1065245703105056768
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: November 21, 2018, 11:52:33 AM »
I went up north to get the white horse a few days ago and it wouldn't spawn, so I killed the bison instead. It was my first legendary animal, I've completely ignored them thus far. Think that's what I'm going to work on over the break.

The bonex arrives today too  :)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: November 21, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
I went up north to get the white horse a few days ago and it wouldn't spawn, so I killed the bison instead. It was my first legendary animal, I've completely ignored them thus far. Think that's what I'm going to work on over the break.

The bonex arrives today too  :)
I’ve killed lots of legendary animals. Grizzly, bison, Fox, wolf, moose, maybe another one or two. I’ve never done anything with any of the pelts though.
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: November 21, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
I got the fox last night. The white bison is the only clothing items I like, but all those talismans are sexi