Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 62503 times)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
yeah, a peek hole kind of defeats the purpose of a privacy fence.

She has already pushed out every knot hole on her side and trashed them so I couldn't glue them back in place.  :blank:

You must have some really adorable kids.

Well yeah that goes without saying but thanks anyways.   :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:47:18 AM by Bloodfart »

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »
yeah, a peek hole kind of defeats the purpose of a privacy fence.

She has already pushed out every knot hole on her side and trashed them so I couldn't glue them back in place.  :blank:

Have you by chance checked the sex offender list for your neighborhood? 

That old lady sounds creepy as crap.

She is a retired grade school teacher   :horrorsurprise: Maybe she can't get her fix anymore and is jonesing for my little ones.   :horrorsurprise:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
Is it normal to help pay for someone else's privacy fence?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »

Yes. 

The best reason why is so that you have some control in what the new barrier on your property line will look like.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
homeowners are so weird

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »
homeowners are so weird

Paying for half will also let you control where the mustache is mounted and makes sure it is installed in such a way that your miniature terrier can't get through it.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »

Generally, the fences are built along the property line and belong to both homeowners. At least in the case of subdivisions where the builder put the fences in before selling the house.  If you have a house with no fence, I don't think you should expect the neighbors to want to contribute to your privacy fence unless they're planning to build a fence around their yard too and want to share a common fence.

In my case, I share a fence line with three neighbors. If I wanted to replace my entire fence with something nicer, taller or just newer, I would likely ask all of my neighbors if they wanted to contribute to their share of the fence line. However, if they don't have the money, don't want to spend the money or are completely happy with they current fence situation, they are not legally obligated to contribute.  Some HOAs might require them too but mine does not. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
I don't think you can expect neighbors to contribute to building a new fence when they didn't have or want a fence - although it doesn't hurt to ask, I guess.
But if a common fence is holding in their dogs then they definitey should contribute to upkeep.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »
What's Sanger like these days?

When I traveled out of Fresno, I went to LA, SF, SD or to the mountains. Never stopped in Sanger or Visalia or any other place I wasn't familiar with.

I think Sanger is like a barrio in Fresno now.  Used to be separate town.
True. Fresno rule of thumb: live north of Herndon or east of Nees. Clovis is nice.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »
True. Fresno rule of thumb: live north of Herndon or east of Nees. Clovis is nice.

I liked it there. Enjoyed being able to ride my bicycle almost any day of the week. Well, almost. When I first arrived, my car was still back in KC, so I rode my bike to work and home every day (about 30 miles). Rented a car on the w/e if I needed it. One Saturday, I rode my bike up to the WalMart on Herndon.

As I was getting ready to chain it, this big ese walks right up to a bike that's chained next to mine. He takes his bolt cutters and chomps through the chain, picks up the bike and starts to walk away. In broad daylight. At a Walmart. On a busy Saturday. As he walked away I said "Man, you're a good union thief, working on Saturday and all". (spidey sense begins to tingle as I know I should have said nothing). He said: Yea, And I'll be back to get that one. Points at my $1600 bike and only mode of transport until my car arrives. I unchained my bike, rode home and took the city bus back to WalMart. (another fantastic place to see first hand Fresno crazies up close).

I talked to the Police about it. They said bicycle theft is "rampant and we can't stop it". The detective I spoke to over the phone said "Never leave your bike unattended. Even then they'll walk up and jack it from you at gunpoint. So be extra cautious in suspect neighborhoods". Not erxactly a ringing endorsement for the city, but I took the advice to heart.

Fresno is also the stolen car capital of the country. The actually put the faces of the "Top 5 car thieves in the Fresno" on the front page of the paper so folks would know who they were. Had their pictures in the paper and everything. The jail was too crowded and they determined they weren't violent offenders so they let them out early to make room for violent criminals. Here's the link.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/01/25/2697313/fresno-has-a-new-top-5-car-thieves.html

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
man, you can't be using a friggin chain to secure your bike.

But I do enjoy your Fresno stories. :thumbs:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 08, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »
Fresno is starting to sound like the worst city in America.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »
California is no longer for me.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »

I liked it there. Enjoyed being able to ride my bicycle almost any day of the week. Well, almost. When I first arrived, my car was still back in KC, so I rode my bike to work and home every day (about 30 miles). Rented a car on the w/e if I needed it. One Saturday, I rode my bike up to the WalMart on Herndon.

As I was getting ready to chain it, this big ese walks right up to a bike that's chained next to mine. He takes his bolt cutters and chomps through the chain, picks up the bike and starts to walk away. In broad daylight. At a Walmart. On a busy Saturday. As he walked away I said "Man, you're a good union thief, working on Saturday and all". (spidey sense begins to tingle as I know I should have said nothing). He said: Yea, And I'll be back to get that one. Points at my $1600 bike and only mode of transport until my car arrives. I unchained my bike, rode home and took the city bus back to WalMart. (another fantastic place to see first hand Fresno crazies up close).

I talked to the Police about it. They said bicycle theft is "rampant and we can't stop it". The detective I spoke to over the phone said "Never leave your bike unattended. Even then they'll walk up and jack it from you at gunpoint. So be extra cautious in suspect neighborhoods". Not erxactly a ringing endorsement for the city, but I took the advice to heart.

Fresno is also the stolen car capital of the country. The actually put the faces of the "Top 5 car thieves in the Fresno" on the front page of the paper so folks would know who they were. Had their pictures in the paper and everything. The jail was too crowded and they determined they weren't violent offenders so they let them out early to make room for violent criminals. Here's the link.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/01/25/2697313/fresno-has-a-new-top-5-car-thieves.html
williamthewildcat...pffft. More like peterparkerthewildcat.

(Couldn't decide between that and williamthespiderman. I thought that would only work if he was "thebatman".)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18:35 PM »
Sounds like Fresno is the Detroit of the west coast. 
@mikec2w

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 08, 2013, 03:19:07 PM »

smart move, Fresno is a pretty fair representation of California.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 08, 2013, 03:23:39 PM »

and this week....San Diego felt more like San Francisco. It must have been in the down in the 40's. Pretty horrible, really.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »

Places that are a lot like Fresno:

Torrance
Rancho Cucomonga
Compton
Oakland

The list goes on.

I liked Long Beach, FWIW.  Still not for me.  No skin off your back.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2013, 03:12:21 PM »
Apparently my neighbor has trained their cat to crap on the welcome mat outside my front door.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
Apparently my neighbor has trained their cat to crap on the welcome mat outside my front door.

Put tar or something else that is sticky on top of your mat and you'll catch that cat.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »

Please merge with the killing animals thread.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »

Return the favor.....  :gocho:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »

Return the favor.....  :gocho:

Yes, catch their cat and then train it to crap on your neighbor's mat.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
I live in a townhouse and the girl that lives on the other side has had all of her lights on since we got back from Spring Break.  I put in some long hours at school and so do my roommates, but we've noticed that we've not seen her in a long, long time.  The other day, some one came and put little coupons on everyone's doorknob going into their house.  Hers is still there.

We share a back deck, and we've peeked in through her back door (that has a window on it) and there's clothes thrown all over the kitchen.  It's been like that for at least a week. This chick supposedly goes to school with us, but we never see her there.

what if she's dead in there?

:eek:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 19, 2013, 12:00:50 AM »
You'd smell it, probably.