Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 62497 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
I had two sets of neighboors.  One was a teacher who ended up moving out when him and his gf got married.  The other was another teacher who lived with his lady and when the other guy got married she started pressuring her bf to marry her (at least that is what my weird neighbor, with multiplepersonality disorder, who lives between them told me).  I guess he didn't want to get married because a month or two later she moved out.  Two months after that he moved out too. 

Now I only have the crazy neighbor, a new teacher (who I think is banging students) that moved into the other teacher's house that got married, and some new guy that I haven't quite figured out yet. I did see the new guy using a leaf blower while smoking a cigar the other day, so maybe he is cool.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2013, 07:22:55 PM »
Oh man, nothing beats a guy doing yard work while smoking a cigar. Rich enough to enjoy the finer things in life, poor enough to still do his own yard work.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
Bloodfart, don't worry.  I am sure this is just the shake down that comes before the goons approach you about starting to pay them protection money.  Make up your mind now about what a good negotiation starting point would be for money then get used to the idea of having a black eye and a bad knee for a while.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
I'm going to start leaving gifts on my front porch (a peace offering of sorts) so the hooligans will leave my place alone.  What do trouble makers fancy these days?   :dunno:
speaking of crap on porches
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/man-accused-of-gunning-down-couple-over-dog-feces-admits-to-killing-the-man-claims-he-didnt-shoot-woman.html/
Kim said during a jailhouse interview this morning that the confrontation began over “human being [feces].” Kim claims Stafford put the waste at his door, then walked away.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »
 :sdeek:

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Category: Crazy

I'm woking in Fresno. Wasn't sure if I wanted to rent an apt right away, so instead I rent a room from a motherly old woman. Nice enough place in a nice enough area.

One day after work she comes knocking at the door: "wTw, come outside. HURRY"! I'm thinking one of her dogs got run over or some other silliness. I head out the back door and see her standing on a stepstool, peering over the privacy fence.

Immendiately, my spidey sense begins to tingle

"What is this crazy old battleaxe doing"? I think to myself. Suddenly, I see a shadow move past the garage on my left. At least I thought it was  shadow. I look again, but it's gone. "Hmmm".. Anyway, I head for the fence and look over the top to discover:

11 heavily armed Fresno PD SWAT team members with weapons drawn down on the house directly behind where I live. They are so close I can read the engraving on the rather large handguns that are pointed at the house behind the one I reside in. And the shadow I saw was another officer moving quietly around the side of my garage to draw down on a side window of the house.

"VICTOR SIFUENTES (I forget the real name) COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP! THE HOUSE IS SURROUNDED! IF YOU DON'T COME OUT, WE WILL SEND IN THE K-9 UNIT, FOLLOWED BY THE SWAT TEAM"!!! (Repeated 9 times per department protocol by bullhorn).

So I see this action and I immediately move away from the fence and head back toward my room. The landlady is still standing on the footstool, like a kid looking though the knotholes to watch a baseball game at Ebbetts Field.

After calling the guy out 9 times, they send in the dog. And then the SWAT team follows. Thankfully it was empty. As the streetshow was wrapping up, the neighbors are all milling about. And in Fresno, the demographics are a little different than here. It's about 60% hispanic. And again, the ENTIRE neighborhood is out watching when my landlady says to the SWAT team leader: "You should check that house over there too. These guys here and those guys there, are all in cahoots*.

Immediately, my spidey sense tingles again as all the neighbors begin staring at my landlady. Some of them are rather shady looking. (If you've ever resided in Fresno, you know what I mean.) Quickly, I slink back to the house and decide to sleep on the floor that night with my matress covering me in the event somebody straifs the house with an AR-15.

Turns out the guy they were looking for was a Fresno Bulldog gang dude, who shot six people at a party the previous October. Not a nice guy at all.

*Cahoots = In it together.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »
Ebbetts field reference? How rough ridin' old are you?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »
Yikes, good story though.
:adios:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »
Lots of Fresno peeps up in hur.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »

:blush: Love baseball history. I guess you could say I'm old enough to know all about Ebbetts Field but young enough to have never seen it. I watched This Week In Baseball religiously with Mel Allen narrating.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »

:blush: Love baseball history. I guess you could say I'm old enough to know all about Ebbetts Field but young enough to have never seen it. I watched This Week In Baseball religiously with Mel Allen narrating.

you and i can imagine that your fresno story was an episode of this week in baseball and the post above was a twib note.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
Thanks for sharing william I enjoyed reading your story.  :thumbs:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2013, 06:12:07 PM »
williamthewildcat, did your neighbors think that your landlady was your wife or did they know? That could have been bad if they thought she lived with you.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
williamthewildcat, did your neighbors think that your landlady was your wife or did they know? That could have been bad if they thought she lived with you.

Oh F no. She was really old. Dumb too. Nice enough old woman. I made sure very few neighbors saw my face that day. And it wasn't a bad neighborhood. I lived in an area called the "Tower District". Seriously, Fresno is/can be a dangerous place. It was the first city that I learned not to make eye contact with people in cars at intersections. There was a spate of murders that happened in that city when people thought somebody dissed one of the "eses" in another vehicle.

And it's a city that really has no ... how to put this... "transition" neighborhoods. You can go from a very affluent neighborhood to the barrio in matter of two city blocks. So the ne'er do well population isn't confined to one area. They are spread out over the entire city. It's a crazy place for sure.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:20 AM »
What's Sanger like these days?

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

When I traveled out of Fresno, I went to LA, SF, SD or to the mountains. Never stopped in Sanger or Visalia or any other place I wasn't familiar with.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 08, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
I don't have any neighbor stories. All my neighbors are great because they keep to themselves for the most part. One neighbor allows me to park my boat in his yard. He's my favorite neighbor.  Another is quick to pay if our shared fence needs repair. A couple of lesbians moved in across the street about a month ago.  I'm giving their friends a grace period about parking in front of my mailbox on Saturday mornings and rough ridin' up my mail delivery. I will think of some passive-aggressive way to retaliate if it continues much longer. I don't know what will get my feathers ruffled after August when there will be no Saturday delivery.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
I don't have any neighbor stories. All my neighbors are great because they keep to themselves for the most part. One neighbor allows me to park my boat in his yard. He's my favorite neighbor.  Another is quick to pay if our shared fence needs repair. A couple of lesbians moved in across the street about a month ago.  I'm giving their friends a grace period about parking in front of my mailbox on Saturday mornings and rough ridin' up my mail delivery. I will think of some passive-aggressive way to retaliate if it continues much longer. I don't know what will get my feathers ruffled after August when there will be no Saturday delivery.

#oldgrumpypeoplesproblems
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 08, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »

When I traveled out of Fresno, I went to LA, SF, SD or to the mountains. Never stopped in Sanger or Visalia or any other place I wasn't familiar with.

I think Sanger is like a barrio in Fresno now.  Used to be separate town.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2013, 10:16:58 AM »

Your neighbors are great compared to mine.  I built a privacy fence last year and neither one offered to help pay for it.  The guy to the south offered to help me once when I was setting the posts then never showed.  The old lady to the north of me wanted me to put lattice along her side so the garden she keeps would still have enough sun shine but never offered to pay for anything.  Screw them both I just put regular cedar plank all the way around and encroached on the boundaries a few inches.  The old lady motioned me over to the fence a few days after it was finished and asked me if I could put a hinged peek hole on her side because she liked watching my kids play in the back yard.  I told her "I'll see what I can do." 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 08, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
yeah, a peek hole kind of defeats the purpose of a privacy fence.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2013, 10:24:41 AM »
I have no complaints about my neighbors. Except the lesbians. They're new, I'll beat them into shape.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »

She has already pushed out every knot hole on her side and trashed them so I couldn't glue them back in place.  :blank:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 08, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »

She has already pushed out every knot hole on her side and trashed them so I couldn't glue them back in place.  :blank:

You must have some really adorable kids.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 08, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »

Have you by chance checked the sex offender list for your neighborhood? 

That old lady sounds creepy as crap.