Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 61415 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
neighbor stories
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
category:  weird

there's a fortyish german dude who lives across the street from me.  he has a wife.  i know this because i see her one or twice a year.  i also see her car leave their garage every couple weeks and i suspect she's driving it.  the rest of the time, she's inside the house.  thus, she is inside the house almost all of the time.  the german dude also has a mother-in-law who i've met.  she arrives every friday morning and departs every monday morning.  but let's focus on the star of the show.  the german dude, like his wife, definitely does not have a job outside of the house because he's almost always home.  we wave at each other intermittently.  i've never really met him, but i was around him once when i was trying to help a neighbor girl find her mom.  i told him what was going on, he said hello to the five year-old girl, and at that point i could tell that the conversation was over.  anyway, he has two german shepherds and a bizarre ritual.  every morning, he walks out to his suv, opens up the back, walks back to the garage, gets out a ramp for the dogs, places it on the back of the suv, goes back to the garage, does some crap, comes back out with the dogs (unleashed), leads the dogs up the ramp one at a time, takes down the ramp, does some more crap, and, well, i'll just stop there.  i'm leaving out lots of little, meticulous details, but this whole process takes about twenty minutes and he does it every day.  in exactly the same way.  every day.  so, then he drives off with the dogs, comes home after half an hour or so, and does the entire process again in reverse.  i mean, is it just me or is this kinda peculiar?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 06:17:52 PM »
I would follow him.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:19:13 PM »
The dogs must be really old or something.   German Shepards can jump, right?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
I would follow him.

Ya, but to make this fun, he should totally make it be obvious.  Be out there in your drive way in the waiting for the German to take off, then ride his ass...

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
'member in Groundhogs Day when Bill Murray's character got everyone's routine down so well that he could save lives and take those bags of money and things like that?

I think there is a lot of potential here Mr. Chum1

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »
Category: Horrific

Bout 2 years ago, my completely drugged up (meds, not narcotics) neighbor decided it would be a good idea for her to mow the lawn, even though she can barely walk after a dozen or so spinal fusions. Anyways, I'm on my back deck grilling exotic meats and I hear a blood curdling scream from the front yard. This hooker decided to put her hand under the mower to clean out a lot of wet grass, aaaaaaaand there goes 3 of her fingers. Except I only realized her fingers are gone when I had to help remove her yard work gloves and they remained in the glove. I ruined several nice towels of mine sopping up blood waiting for the paramedics. Pretty much ruined my life. Go cats.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
People next to us always play the drums.  Drives me nuts.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »
i think german shepherds often have bad backs or hips or something.  that's probably your answer right there, chum1.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »
My neighbors drive a Chevy HHR.  The only good that comes from this is I will never have to worry about my property taxes going up so long as it keeps running.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
category: friendly/weird

My rear neighbors are a friendly retired couple of about 75 years of age that garden around our house as well as their own. We now have annual flowers along two sides of our house.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »
My neighbor put up a sign in his front yard for two days made up of a shoddy piece of cardboard and a broom stick that said "this house is not for sale"  I think he has alzheimers though, must be rough.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 09:27:40 PM »
My neighbor put up a sign in his front yard for two days made up of a shoddy piece of cardboard and a broom stick that said "this house is not for sale"  I think he has alzheimers though, must be rough.

Go over every day and offer to buy his house until he puts the sign back up.

Take pictures and post them here.

Do this every day until puts the sign back up. 

Every time he takes the sign down, immediately go over there and offer to buy his house. 

Repeat the process when he takes it down.

????????????

Profit.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »
category: shitty

My former neighbors used to let their dog out into the front yard to take a dump even though they had a fenced back yard.  Of course it was always in my yard, not theirs.  I let it go for awhile over the winter because it I didn't have to mow and I was never outside anyway.  Finally I scooped it all up into a grocery bag and dropped it over the fence into their back yard.  Never had a problem again.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »

Maybe that's Mangino's house and he is announcing that he is removing his house from the market in case anybody is thinking about buying it.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 10:29:59 PM »
Neighbor at my old house, proponent of some amazing narcotics apparently, called the police claiming there were monkeys in the trees spitting at him and giving him the finger.  When the cops showed up, he was preparing to fend off the monkeys with a bow and arrow.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 10:39:58 PM »
A neighbor of mine has a neighbor that undresses in full view of his backyard pretty much every night

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 10:42:07 PM »
Neighbor at my old house, proponent of some amazing narcotics apparently, called the police claiming there were monkeys in the trees spitting at him and giving him the finger.  When the cops showed up, he was preparing to fend off the monkeys with a bow and arrow.

Holy crap we were neighbors?  Where did you go?  :excited:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »

Bout 2 years ago, my completely drugged up (meds, not narcotics) neighbor decided it would be a good idea for her to mow the lawn, even though she can barely walk after a dozen or so spinal fusions. Anyways, I'm on my back deck grilling exotic meats and I hear a blood curdling scream from the front yard. This hooker decided to put her hand under the mower to clean out a lot of wet grass, aaaaaaaand there goes 3 of her fingers. Except I only realized her fingers are gone when I had to help remove her yard work gloves and they remained in the glove. I ruined several nice towels of mine sopping up blood waiting for the paramedics. Pretty much ruined my life. Go cats.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »
category: nice

Once I started mowing my yard pretty late in the evening and I probably wasn't going to finish before dark but my neighbor rode over on his lawn mower and helped me finish double fast before the sun went down.   :D

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 10:57:02 PM »
CHECK THAT GERMAN DUDE'S BASEMENT IMMEDIATELY

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »

Offline powercatmiller

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »

My dad has done this, I was about 8 or so and the riding mower kept getting clocked and he hopped off (before the battery was cut off by getting of the seat) and stuck his hand under to unclog it, lost the tip of his shazbot! you finger.
Anyways back to weird neighbors, we have a blue heeler and the neighbor behind us got tired of getting barked at when he would stand in his yard and threaten the dog with an ax so he poured his urine along the fence line to "mark his territory". Needless to say the dark pissed there and marked her territory and still barks at him. We later found out he spent 12 years is jail for killing a guy in a bar fight.

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »
Really  :ohno: because my hometown neighbor posts here because we are bad neigbors  :ohno:

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2011, 04:06:16 AM »
Category: best neighbors in the world! Ever!

I lived next to these old people growing up. When I'd get home from school before my folks got home I would go to their house for a while. The old lady would usually fix me a snack and the old man would get me a Shasta Root Beer; He would drink cream soda. Anyway, after my snack and Shasta I'd usually lay down on the floor and watch about the first 10 minutes of Leave it To Beaver reruns and then fall asleep. The old lady would cover me up with one of those afghan blankets that she knitted all of the time. The old man and old lady were also my grandparents.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 06:42:41 AM »