Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 61410 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »
category:  creepy/social anxiety

neighbors to the north of us are a couple with a baby.  we only know about the baby because boxes that baby furniture comes in began showing up next to their garbage.  they have lived in their house for about 4 years.  I have seen the wife maybe 3 times (could be dead for the last year or so though as it's been awhile).  the husband will walk by me to get his mail or something and I will say "Hi Nathan"  (I learned his name from the gardening neighbors) and he will keep walking while stairing at the ground and not say anything back.  the retired gardening neighbor (Bob) told me he thinks there is something up but wouldn't go on record as to what he thinks it is.  it's like Bob doesn't want to say the words "serial killer" out loud but wants me to think it. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
category: creepy

The family across the street is Afghani. There are two sons and maybe two daughters (tough to tell for sure; always in hijabs). There is also potentially grandmother. Also, one of the sons is married and the wife lives there also. They have about 6 cars, but none of them in the two-car garage b/c it is apparently full of the medical equipment the father sells. Anyway, the oldest son (Ahmad) immediately introduced himself when I moved in and started borrowing my crap. Then, he started sending texts in the evening. Stuff like "Hey, you left your garage door open." Seemed weird but ok at first. Then I bumped into him one morning on the sidewalk and he was all "oh, didn't expect to see you so early this morning. Seemed like you had a late night. Your TV was on until 4 am."

Bought more curtains that afternoon.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 08:40:37 AM »
category: wake your ass up at 2:00 AM

Had a neighbor that would drive home drunk every now and then, and would park his car in his yard. He'd make it about halfway out of his olds 88 and pass out with his radio blaring and car still running. He'd still be there in the morning.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »
category: "DIYers"

Neighbor  couldn't get a window A/C unit out of a window (not sure how/why). He tied a chain around it and pulled it out with his truck, then boarded up the hole that it left.

He also dumped a huge pile of sand in his front yard, not sure what for but it sat there for over a year, and got nasty.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 08:45:18 AM »
So I live in an area of Overland Park that is rumored to have a thriving swinger community. I've heard they mark their houses with a large white rock in the front yard, but I've also heard they use gazing balls.

Anyway, shortly after learning about this, I notice my next door neighbors have this big white rock and a purple gazing ball in their front landscaping. I've only talked to the wife twice, and I don't know the guy very well, but he's always outdoors working on his lawn (he's that prick who has the best the lawn on the block, but he's also pretty nice). So I go up and talk to him about his lawn for a while, and then I decide to just ask him point blank. Hey, I noticed you have this big whtie rock and that gazing ball. Might seem like a weird question, but are you a swinger? He kind of looked at me funny and said no. But the next day, the gazing ball is gone from the front yard. He still lets me borrow tools and stuff, though.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »
So I live in an area of Overland Park that is rumored to have a thriving swinger community. I've heard they mark their houses with a large white rock in the front yard, but I've also heard they use gazing balls.

Anyway, shortly after learning about this, I notice my next door neighbors have this big white rock and a purple gazing ball in their front landscaping. I've only talked to the wife twice, and I don't know the guy very well, but he's always outdoors working on his lawn (he's that prick who has the best the lawn on the block, but he's also pretty nice). So I go up and talk to him about his lawn for a while, and then I decide to just ask him point blank. Hey, I noticed you have this big whtie rock and that gazing ball. Might seem like a weird question, but are you a swinger? He kind of looked at me funny and said no. But the next day, the gazing ball is gone from the front yard. He still lets me borrow tools and stuff, though.

Prob need to ask your wife about this.  I mean, swingers aren't supposed to let feelings get in the way.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
Category:  Racist

Neighbors to the west of us are black. All of our other neighbors are incredibly racist and hate them.  Last year around late Novemer the starter went out in their son's car (he doesn't live there, has his own family and lives somewhere else in town).  So the car sat out in front of their house all winter until he could get around to getting it fixed (he had another car so no biggie). Lady accross the street from us wanted to report them to the city for having a broken down car out in front of the house for so long...our conversation went something like this:

Her:  I called the city on them, that car has been there forever.
Me:  Ya, I think the starter went out or something.  I think he was waiting for the weather to warm up so he could fix it.
Her:  Oh, i just assumed he was in prison.
Me:   :horrorsurprise:
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »
Category:  Racist

Neighbors to the west of us are black. All of our other neighbors are incredibly racist and hate them.  Last year around late Novemer the starter went out in their son's car (he doesn't live there, has his own family and lives somewhere else in town).  So the car sat out in front of their house all winter until he could get around to getting it fixed (he had another car so no biggie). Lady accross the street from us wanted to report them to the city for having a broken down car out in front of the house for so long...our conversation went something like this:

Her:  I called the city on them, that car has been there forever.
Me:  Ya, I think the starter went out or something.  I think he was waiting for the weather to warm up so he could fix it.
Her:  Oh, i just assumed he was in prison.
Me:   :horrorsurprise:

Tie btwn you and Saul for worst place to live at this point in the thread.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:39 AM »
Neighbor at my old house, proponent of some amazing narcotics apparently, called the police claiming there were monkeys in the trees spitting at him and giving him the finger.  When the cops showed up, he was preparing to fend off the monkeys with a bow and arrow.

Holy crap we were neighbors?  Where did you go?  :excited:

The monkeys could've spit and hit Overland Park City Hall from where we were at the time.  Good thing there's a police station, fire station, etc. lots of first responders over there in case the monkeys took over.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »

I don't know much about swingers (LSIQ), but I imagine they won't just admit it when being asked point blank.  You probably have to use some kind of swinger code, like maybe mention you were thinking about getting a nice white rock or gazing ball for your yard too and were wondering where to purchase one.     :dunno:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »

He must have been the 1 guy on the block that genuinely enjoyed having white rocks and gazing balls on his lawn, and you just ruined it for him. Can confirm this swinger culture though as my friend used to have a summer job mowing lawns in said neighborhood and one time he saw a 'party' through a window.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:29:43 AM by AbeFroman »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

He must have been the 1 guy on the block that genuinely enjoyed having white rocks and gazing balls on his lawn, and you just ruined it for him. Can confirm this swinger culture though as my friend used to have a summer job mowing lawns in said neighborhood and one time he saw a 'party' through a window.

Also can confirm.  My old boss bought a house in similar neighborhood when he moved here from east coast. First lawn work he did was had all the mulch replaced with small white decorative rock.  He eventually had it all removed and replaced with something else because he was uncomfortable with the attention it brought.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »
There was a very interesting joco swinger article in the pitch years ago

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
A lot of you guys live in really shitty neighborhoods.    Nothing really weird really happens in my neighborhood.... and everyone is pretty clean/nice/not weird.  I guess that means I'm the bad person.   

Although the weirdest thing I know of, I have a neighbor that is a genuine "ghost hunter"   she runs ghost hunting tours in wichita from a party buss.  Not that weird to me, but maybe for some of you.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »
a genuine "ghost hunter"....runs ghost hunting tours......Not that weird to me, but maybe for some of you.

yeah, confirmed you are the weird neighbor

Offline one/64th

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »
Category- Confusing

So most people have a regular routine.  They leave for work at a certain time, get home at a certain time etc and so forth.  My neighbor (white male, 28) has no discernible routine at all.  His garage is full of bricks and paver stones so he parks outside.  Sometimes he is home all day and all night.  Sometimes he is gone all day and all night or sometimes a mixture of the two.  There is no routine at all.  And for some reason this worries me.  My other neighbor is 75 years old and mows everyone's yards for them because he's bored and doesn't want to be in the same house with his wife.  And his name is Larry King, so he's got that going for him. 

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

Instead of asking him point blank if he was a swinger, why wouldn't you just tell him that you noticed his wife outside the other day and thought she reminded you of a girl you once knew?  A cute girl that you use to have great sex with and stuff?  You just missed out on banging this guys wife Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
ive enjoyed this thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »
category:  mean

House across the street from me has 3 boys that age somewhere between like 11-16.  During the mowing season, I always saw the dad mowing and never any of the boys.  Just took it as typical O.P. entitlement crap.  Then one day I'm sitting on my driveway having a beer one afternoon and actually see the dad trying to tell the youngest kid how to mow.  (wouldn't think it would take much of an explanation right?)  Anyway, after this kid cuts two swaths of lawn, the dad comes over and starts yelling at him.  I mean it's bad crap like, "You dumb ass you need to keep the lines straight.  Why don't you rough ridin' listen you moron."  On and on he went.  Dropped the f bomb several times to the point where I wanted to go over and kick this guys ass for being such a prick.  Well, I didn't and literally the next day I happen to see this boy screaming at his mom while she's trying to leave.  She gets in her car and screeches out into the street. :driving:  The boy picks up a football and heaves it right at her window.  Nothing breaks and the mom keeps on driving.  Made me feel better about not saying anything because the family is obviously mumped up and way past the point of fixing.  
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2011, 12:57:49 PM »
Quote from: HeinBallz
my neighborhood is totally normal.  it just has ghost hunters, goblins, bearded ladies, a man with goat feet, talking rhinos, and some professional bank robbers.  you know, the usual stuff.  oh, and satan lives there, too.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
Category: Fitz

Neighbors across the street from me are an older couple around 75. Their grandkids would come over all the time during the summer and swim in a little blow up pool in the back yard. They have a driveway that goes around back and about once a month the kids would get loose and run around the front yard naked.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
Category: EMAW/old guy
there is an old guy across the street from us who leaves his garage door open sometimes, and I've seen a "KSU fan parking only" sign hanging in his garage, so he seems nice enough, anyway one day I go over to introduce myself (new to the neighborhood) and casually drop EMAW into the conversation and he just goes off about the exhibition basketball game and how he thinks angel and gip are going to be great, but they're still young so they'll need some coaching up, anyway made me very :EMAW:
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2011, 01:17:04 PM »
Category: accidental children
Neighbor across the street has 2 high school age kids and then.........a real little one who is probably 3 or 4, at what point does this kid figure out he was an accident, and then does he he go crazy or just consider himself lucky, also they are hawks so it explains why they weren't smart enough to figure out birth control
I'm purple down

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »
Category: Weird
Neighbor across the street doesn't water his lawn and only mows it about four times a summer.  He will let it get about 10 inches tall and then he tears into it with one of those old timey push type rotary mowers.  Dudes lawn is tiny but it takes him about four hours to mow it.  Guess he doesn't want to buy gas or something.  :dunno:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 01:56:35 PM »
category: fat

I have these neighbors that are super fat.