Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 61405 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
Category: Confession

When I was a kid I would wake up and run in my pj's to my neighbor's door at like 5:30am so that I could ask to play their teenage son's nintendo.  My parents relented and bought the nes that christmas.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
category: normal

all of my neighbors are very normal and i like all of them.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2011, 02:38:57 PM »
category: kid nappy

A couple of years ago my neighbor had apparently abducted her children and then moved in to the house next door to me with her mother... you know... to lay low and hide out. Then the baby-daddy came one day and threw rocks through her windows and called her bad names. Then the police came and arrested her and took her babies away from her. It was sad, but she was also a complete mess, so it is what it is.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »
i think german shepherds often have bad backs or hips or something.  that's probably your answer right there, chum1.

Yes, confirmed.  German Shepherds usually have horrible hip problems as they get older.  It is also fairly common for them to tear their ACL(s).  They wouldn't be able to jump into the back of an SUV.   

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
So I live in an area of Overland Park that is rumored to have a thriving swinger community. I've heard they mark their houses with a large white rock in the front yard, but I've also heard they use gazing balls.

Anyway, shortly after learning about this, I notice my next door neighbors have this big white rock and a purple gazing ball in their front landscaping. I've only talked to the wife twice, and I don't know the guy very well, but he's always outdoors working on his lawn (he's that prick who has the best the lawn on the block, but he's also pretty nice). So I go up and talk to him about his lawn for a while, and then I decide to just ask him point blank. Hey, I noticed you have this big whtie rock and that gazing ball. Might seem like a weird question, but are you a swinger? He kind of looked at me funny and said no. But the next day, the gazing ball is gone from the front yard. He still lets me borrow tools and stuff, though.

Instead of asking him point blank if he was a swinger, why wouldn't you just tell him that you noticed his wife outside the other day and thought she reminded you of a girl you once knew?  A cute girl that you use to have great sex with and stuff?  You just missed out on banging this guys wife respect.

Yes, but my wife is much younger and better looking than his wife, so why would I want to swap?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
category:  weird

Another neighbor pointed out that our next door neighbor hadn't been home in a few weeks.  After a few more weeks we were contemplating calling the cops when he came home, mowed his yard, and left again.  Haven't seen him since.  That was in August.  

* question.  Does BSAC have any experience in adverse possession cases?  BSAC?  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »
Category: Public enemy #1

When I lived in Boston (Alston/Brighton) I lived above an apartment where several middle eastern fellows lived.  No furniture, they slept on the floor, had very loud/yelling meetings.  They all drove 1 taxi that they shared and one day they tried to park in my spot, I threatened violence.  Later, on 09/11/01,a few of them would fly a commercial jet into a building in New York, NY.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 03:26:30 PM »

When I lived in Boston (Alston/Brighton) I lived above an apartment where several middle eastern fellows lived.  No furniture, they slept on the floor, had very loud/yelling meetings.  They all drove 1 taxi that they shared and one day they tried to park in my spot, I threatened violence.  Later, on 09/11/01,a few of them would fly a commercial jet into a building in New York, NY.

Just think.....what if you handled the parking incident in a little more diplomatic way.....

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »

Just think.....what if you handled the parking incident in a little more diplomatic way.....

That's what my roommate said.  These kind of things keep your buddy Kleinstone up at night.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 03:43:08 PM »
Category, uncomfortable

Used to have really white trash neighbors, one saturday morning there was a uhall out front and dad and kids were loading it.  I walk out to get the mail and dad throws his arms in the air.  "Welp, Gettin divorced!"  "see ya"

It was really weird.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
category: Great names

Neighbors in KC were a gay couple named Ron and Jeremy.

category: poor

one time in michigan, mrs. michigancat was talking to our neighbor in the front yard while the neighbor's car was repo'd.

category: PI'd

after the lady w/ the repo'd car was evicted, the new neighbors moved in. On moving day, they flew a confederate flag. mrs. michigancat loudly yells "no rough ridin' way! They did not just hang a rough ridin' rebel flag next door. NO rough ridin' WAY!" It was loud enough for the neighbors to obviously hear, and the flag never was seen from again.

category: strange borrowers/creepy

I live on a property with 4 units. Last week, our compost bin went missing (it's like a recycling bin in california, everyone has one.) There was actually a box sitting on the compost bin because it was trash day and the recycling bin was at the curb. The next day, I try to take out some compost, and don't see the green bin in our fenced-in courtyard where we keep our trash. I looked all over. The box that was on top of the compost bin was now in my recycling bin. Called the trash company. New one was delivered, but there was an extra one left at the curb from our neighbors. So a neighbor opened our gate, went into the back corner of our courtyard, put some cardboard in the proper bin, took our compost bin, used it for a week, and just left it on the curb.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 10:20:01 PM »
So I live in an area of Overland Park that is rumored to have a thriving swinger community. I've heard they mark their houses with a large white rock in the front yard, but I've also heard they use gazing balls.

Anyway, shortly after learning about this, I notice my next door neighbors have this big white rock and a purple gazing ball in their front landscaping. I've only talked to the wife twice, and I don't know the guy very well, but he's always outdoors working on his lawn (he's that prick who has the best the lawn on the block, but he's also pretty nice). So I go up and talk to him about his lawn for a while, and then I decide to just ask him point blank. Hey, I noticed you have this big whtie rock and that gazing ball. Might seem like a weird question, but are you a swinger? He kind of looked at me funny and said no. But the next day, the gazing ball is gone from the front yard. He still lets me borrow tools and stuff, though.

Instead of asking him point blank if he was a swinger, why wouldn't you just tell him that you noticed his wife outside the other day and thought she reminded you of a girl you once knew?  A cute girl that you use to have great sex with and stuff?  You just missed out on banging this guys wife respect.

Yes, but my wife is much younger and better looking than his wife, so why would I want to swap?

:lol: :lol: How long you been married bro?  :lol:Don't care how much younger or hotter she is at some point this, :blah: :blah:, warrants a new piece of ass.  Just how it is. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »
purplewood guy...go away

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:19 AM »
Category: Weird
Neighbor across the street doesn't water his lawn and only mows it about four times a summer.  He will let it get about 10 inches tall and then he tears into it with one of those old timey push type rotary mowers.  Dudes lawn is tiny but it takes him about four hours to mow it.  Guess he doesn't want to buy gas or something.  :dunno:

I have the same neighbor. County appraiser (or someone like that) came by and wanted to ask us about the "abandoned" house next door.  was surprised to find out someone actually lived there. We have meth heads across the street, a 70 year old neighbor who likes to comment about my wife's breasts (to my wife). Another neighbor that asked my wife if she would have an affair with him (and then got kicked out when his wife divorced him when she was told what happened). The guy that gets DUI's in the middle of the afternoon. and a preacher.

I'm glad we're moving.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
purplewood guy...go away

Seems kind of drastic?  :dunno:  But ok.. :cry:

I'd still like to do the categories for the 2010 goEMAW awards? :katpak:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »
kinda bummed that you have great neighbor stories.

my elderly aunt lives across the street, nothing really weird or interesting about her.  a cop lives next door (he's fat).  also across the street are these redneck/hunter/outdoor enthusiast type people.  they don't do anything too weird, although they sit on their porch all evening long, every day.

i live on a street that ends a few houses down, so nobody ever drives on our street unless they live there or are visiting someone.  pretty quiet/boring.   :cry:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2011, 01:54:09 PM »
Yeah, my neighbors seem wonderfully boring after this thread. Dude next door is a lawyer who unsuccessfully runs for County Clerk very couple years. Family on the other side is from Ghana. I once killed a snake in their yard when their kids were outside, so now the grandmother is always sending my holiday cards about "being blessed by God with good neighbors."

One family a couple streets over left their teenage daughter home alone over spring break, and she threw a big party and a dude got shot/killed at it. She went house-to-house all teary-eyed apologizing for it like a week later.

The awesome Mexican family down the street who threw backyard parties with horses and grew corn in their flower bed moved out.  :frown:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
The awesome Mexican family down the street who threw backyard parties with horses and grew corn in their flower bed moved out.  :frown:

Some bad person probably tipped off the HOA Nazis about the corn.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
category: normal

I live on a side street with very little traffic because it is only used by people who live on the street.  One neighbor is a single HS teacher, seems like a cool guy, also asst coach of the baseball team.  sometimes another car is parked in his driveway, i assume this is his out of town girlfriend.  Two houses over from this guy (these neighbors both live across the street) is a young married couple, dude is a HS teacher and I dunno what the wife does.  Dude is from indiana but is a big Duke bball fan. 

category: weird

in between these two is a very tiny house with a very messy, very large yard.  when we moved in the lady who lives there introduced herself and said that she had multiple personalities.  she also said that she likes to keep a watch over the 'hood.  she does this by throwing rocks and sand at people who speed down the street too fast.  she has four dogs who have destroyed her yard.  she owns an old winnebego that is hooked up to an old (and I presume) broken down VW rabbit.  when we first moved in there as a man living with her that was her boyfriend/ lover i dunno she is like 45 and this guy was anywhere between 30-40 i coudlnt tell. he was a goofy guy reminded me of the greasers off that book.  he also had jailhouse tattoos, etc.  one day he came over and asked me if he could have some sticks and old wood pieces that were in my side yard.  I said sure.  the next day they were in a pile near his driveway and he had a sign saying that he had wood for sale.  one day there were cops over there and then he was gone.  the woman said he tried to kill her.  then later this summer the woman had a dispute with the married neighbor guy.  he was apparently mowing too close to her property line, so to combat the she tool these old tree stumps and lined her property with them and the put a do not cross ribbon across them.  the dispute built and eventually the cops went over.  the result was that she had to get rid of one of her dogs because the city decided that 4 dogs were to many for her.  she offered the dog to us. we refused.  also, in the warmer months she gets around on a rascal which she uses as her car.  i havent seen her in a few weeks, i dont think she likes cold weather.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 10:12:17 PM »
category: PI'd

after the lady w/ the repo'd car was evicted, the new neighbors moved in. On moving day, they flew a confederate flag. mrs. michigancat loudly yells "no rough ridin' way! They did not just hang a rough ridin' rebel flag next door. NO rough ridin' WAY!" It was loud enough for the neighbors to obviously hear, and the flag never was seen from again.

:thumbs:

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 10:18:31 PM »
Yeah, my neighbors seem wonderfully boring after this thread. Dude next door is a lawyer who unsuccessfully runs for County Clerk very couple years. Family on the other side is from Ghana. I once killed a snake in their yard when their kids were outside, so now the grandmother is always sending my holiday cards about "being blessed by God with good neighbors."

One family a couple streets over left their teenage daughter home alone over spring break, and she threw a big party and a dude got shot/killed at it. She went house-to-house all teary-eyed apologizing for it like a week later.

Sounds like you have a haunted house in the 'hood  :ohno:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »

Sounds like you have a haunted house in the 'hood  :ohno:

:surprised: the entire division is built on top of an abandoned tuberculosis childrens hospital. Half the medical compound is still standing up in the wooded parts of the hill. A little creepy.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
category: fat

I have these neighbors that are super fat.

how fat are they?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »

in between these two is a very tiny house with a very messy, very large yard.  when we moved in the lady who lives there introduced herself and said that she had multiple personalities.  she also said that she likes to keep a watch over the 'hood.  she does this by throwing rocks and sand at people who speed down the street too fast.  she has four dogs who have destroyed her yard.  she owns an old winnebego that is hooked up to an old (and I presume) broken down VW rabbit.  when we first moved in there as a man living with her that was her boyfriend/ lover i dunno she is like 45 and this guy was anywhere between 30-40 i coudlnt tell. he was a goofy guy reminded me of the greasers off that book.  he also had jailhouse tattoos, etc.  one day he came over and asked me if he could have some sticks and old wood pieces that were in my side yard.  I said sure.  the next day they were in a pile near his driveway and he had a sign saying that he had wood for sale.  one day there were cops over there and then he was gone.  the woman said he tried to kill her.  then later this summer the woman had a dispute with the married neighbor guy.  he was apparently mowing too close to her property line, so to combat the she tool these old tree stumps and lined her property with them and the put a do not cross ribbon across them.  the dispute built and eventually the cops went over.  the result was that she had to get rid of one of her dogs because the city decided that 4 dogs were to many for her.  she offered the dog to us. we refused.  also, in the warmer months she gets around on a rascal which she uses as her car.  i havent seen her in a few weeks, i dont think she likes cold weather.

this is my new favorite one

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

this is my new favorite one

Of course, on goMULTIPLE.com, there's probably a neighbor thread where they're talking about the guy who takes a 5-hour break in his pipe-smoking routine to be picked up by dudes driving a jeep with a weird dog on the spare tire by sticking his pipe in the snow and then resuming it when dropped off by the dog jeep.  And he doesn't report child-abusive juggalos.