Author Topic: neighbor stories  (Read 62487 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: neighbor stories
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2012, 01:44:10 PM »
lol

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »
My son and I were awakened during our afternoon nap this afternoon at around 4:30.  A police officer was at the door and there was a fire truck with about 4-5 readied firefighters gathered around it.  Apparently, the guy two houses down, who is a war veteran from Korea or something (I don't remember but he is super old), had about a pound of live dynamite and some other explosives stored away in his garage. 

I don't know how long they have been in there, but apparently the officials decided now was the time to get rid of them. They sectioned off the block, had the neighboring residents evacuate the area and took the bombs out to some recreational park (like baseball and soccer) and detonated them.

While we were evacuated we went out to eat at a local restaurant.   When we were done and getting into the car to head home we heard a loud "boom" off in the distance.  All the cops and stuff were gone when we got home.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 02:15:00 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »
What is a recreational?

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »
couple weeks ago we went grocery shopping and came back to find this little bunny statue outside of our door.

we live on the 5th floor so this was kind of strange.  thought maybe there was some kind of serial killer using adorable bunnies as his calling card so I moved the bunny over to the door to the apartment across the hall.  later that night I saw that it has been moved by that neighbor over to another door down the hall.  next day it was gone.  no idea if the serial killer thing is true and one of my neighbors is stuck in some sort of bunny rabbit themed saw movie or if they just decided to adopt it.
emaw

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
What is a recreational?

Recreational park.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »
Seems like if a person was interested in shortening the term Recreational Park, the would have gone with "Park"?  :dunno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
Seems like if a person was interested in shortening the term Recreational Park, the would have gone with "Park"?  :dunno:

I probably just forgot to type the park part. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »
couple weeks ago we went grocery shopping and came back to find this little bunny statue outside of our door.

we live on the 5th floor so this was kind of strange.  thought maybe there was some kind of serial killer using adorable bunnies as his calling card so I moved the bunny over to the door to the apartment across the hall.  later that night I saw that it has been moved by that neighbor over to another door down the hall.  next day it was gone.  no idea if the serial killer thing is true and one of my neighbors is stuck in some sort of bunny rabbit themed saw movie or if they just decided to adopt it.

i'd be more concerned about what appears to be a random human leg just inside the apartment but who really knows.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »

i'd be more concerned about what appears to be a random human leg just inside the apartment but who really knows.
It's a lamp.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »

It's a lamp.

italian
emaw

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »

It's a lamp.

italian

Fra-gee-lay.
3021  RIP

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2012, 09:58:11 AM »
My quirky (and awesome) asian neighbors once left their dog outside while running errands. When it started raining, some corncob called animal control. Upon arriving home, they were met with an animal control officer who ripped them a new one. The wife jokingly says to animal control "it's okay, we're just fattening him up for thanksgiving anyway" and was met with the biggest :horrorsurprise: face ever. Probably my favorite neighbors.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
I was leaving my apartment around 9pm and my neighbor across the hall has her door wide open. She is terrified. I see a bat circling in her living room and offer to help her get rid of it. I get a clothes basket and head over to corral the little guy. When I get there, he is nowhere to be found. She thinks he came in from the attic through her bathroom vent. We are in there trying to see if he's up there and I just casually glance around the room and she has some dirty undergarments on the floor. I immediately look back up at her, and she's like well, I'll worry about it tomorrow. Awkward.

Anyway the next day, I chased the bat out of her apartment, into the hallway, down the stairwell and out into the night air. Big brown bats are adorable.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »
gross.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »
I got home one night in college and just walked in the door when one of my roomies goes "You know those neighbors down the street that we don't know? Yah, good deal."  I guess he was sitting in the livingroom and two chicks came to the door in hysterics.  All he could get out of them was "We've tried like five houses and no one is home, we're so glad you're home *sob"  "Come with us we need help *sob sob."  etc.

The whole walk down there, they won't/can't tell him what's happening, he's thinking that they murdered someone and want him to help chop up the body or something.  He walks in the house and he counts six cats, a couple of dogs, a ton of rando cages (some empty), and one fish.  They lead him into one of the rooms and there's a dead gerbil/hamster (Chewi) in the middle of the floor.  The one chick explains, finally, that one of her snakes (Charlemagne) escaped from its cage when she was at school and caught Chewi, only Charlemagne was too small to actually be able to get Chewi down so Charlemagne couldn't swallow Chewi completely.  She was able to get Chewi away from Charlemagne.  They asked my roomie to pick it up-they just couldn't touch their "pet" when Chewi was like this  :bawl:.  He asked for a couple of grocery sacks, double-bagged his hand for safety, picked it up, threw Chewi in a box that they had ready, which was complete with ornate decorations and its name.  He didn't say a word, turned, walked out, and left.

We ended up never talking to those neighbors again.

I've always wondered if they were on an episode of "HOARDERS: Animal Edition."   

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 12, 2012, 01:25:05 AM »
Just read through this entire thread. Can't believe it took me so long to come across this gem.

Thank you all for your stories. They have made my evening.   :lol:

My neighbors are all really nice. One guy across the street has a pool and smokes cigars by his pool every day. That's about as weird as my neighbor stories get.

Oh and one of my other neighbors is a pretty avid home brewer. One time he let me taste one of his latest batches.   :drink:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
So the girl across the hall texts me today to ask if I want to know a secret. I tell her sure. So she says that she creeps on me a lot. I ask how is that. She replies an hour later with: "so there's this thing...its called a peephole...I like to look out it a lot. And your apartment is right across from mine. so I creep on your booty when you walk out."

Why the eff would you tell someone that?  :sdeek:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
 :peek:
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
So the girl across the hall texts me today to ask if I want to know a secret. I tell her sure. So she says that she creeps on me a lot. I ask how is that. She replies an hour later with: "so there's this thing...its called a peephole...I like to look out it a lot. And your apartment is right across from mine. so I creep on your booty when you walk out."

Why the eff would you tell someone that?  :sdeek:

She wants to sex you up Sd_K
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2012, 12:44:18 PM »
Sd_K did not say "hot" girl across the hall.  I think he would've specified if this was the case.  This is not good, living next an ugly girl that constantly wants to sex you.  When you bring home attractive girls, you now have a cockblock as a neighbor. 

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »
Category: Nice

Neighbors went to a mushroom festival and dropped off a bunch of fungi at my place when they got back. Was skeptical b/c they are mushrooms, but also did not care. Turned out they were delicious. Thanks, neighbors.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2012, 12:51:25 PM »
Was walking to campus one morning, saw a guy probably in his late 20s standing in his front yard. Overweight, sloppy, wearing a wife beater and shaving with an electric razor.  I mean, I guess he doesn't have to worry about clogging his sink, but jfc.
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
Was walking to campus one morning, saw a guy probably in his late 20s standing in his front yard. Overweight, sloppy, wearing a wife beater and shaving with an electric razor.  I mean, I guess he doesn't have to worry about clogging his sink, but jfc.

How did he shave underneath the mask?