Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190234 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #1025 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »
"@ASUDevilscom: Source: Air Force DC Matt Wallerstedt spent weekend in Tempe but no deal reached with Arizona State. He's likely to stay at AFA."

So we have terms, conditions, or our all around situation is mumped up enough where a guy would rather be a DC at Air Force?  

uh.....he said no to ASU also.

Doesn't comfort me.  It's Air Force.

I really want to think that he isn't the one who said no at either school.  Really hope both us and ASU said "pass" for reasons other than that we have Hayes on staff.

If he said, "No," to both schools, he probably said he would want to run the 3-4 at both KSU and ASU, and Snyder and Graham told him, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Snyder knows what he wants, and Graham was a defensive guy, so it's probably that they disagreed with what Wally wanted to do and passed.

Have to be able to recruit a beast nose tackle in the 3-4.  We're better off spreading the deficiencies around in a 4-3

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
That OBDB coach is or was a 3-4 coach though.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 30, 2012, 11:57:59 AM »
That OBDB coach is or was a 3-4 coach though.
OBDB = Hayes?  If so, when/where did he run a 3-4?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 30, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
Sorry, but had to post this. Struck me as lollz that they put out an ad.

Nebraska-Kearney: The University of Nebraska at Kearney is seeking applications for the position of Offensive Coordinator.  UNK participates at the NCAA Division II level and is an athletic member of the Mid-American Athletic Association (MIAA).  The position of Offensive Coordinator will include, but is not limited too, the following:  Coordinate all facets of the offense and assist the head coach in running a nationally ranked and competitive football program.  Applicants should have college experience as an offensive coordinator.  Some teaching in the HPERLS Department required with this position, therefore a Bachelor's degree in Phyiscal Education or related field is required a Master's degree is preferred.  Interested applicants can apply on-line through accessing the Human Resources web-site on the University of Nebraska at Kearney's home page.  Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.  No phone calls please.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »

Nebraska-Kearney: The University of Nebraska at Kearney is seeking applications for the position of Offensive Coordinator.  UNK participates at the NCAA Division II level and is an athletic member of the Mid-American Athletic Association (MIAA).  The position of Offensive Coordinator will include, but is not limited too, the following:  Coordinate all facets of the offense and assist the head coach in running a nationally ranked and competitive football program.  Applicants should have college experience as an offensive coordinator.  Some teaching in the HPERLS Department required with this position, therefore a Bachelor's degree in Phyiscal Education or related field is required a Master's degree is preferred.  Interested applicants can apply on-line through accessing the Human Resources web-site on the University of Nebraska at Kearney's home page.  Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.  No phone calls please.

DO IT _FAN!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 30, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
most schools put out ads as they are employed by the state and have to advertise. I imagine you could fine a KSU DC ad somewhere..

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 30, 2012, 12:15:58 PM »
most schools put out ads as they are employed by the state and have to advertise. I imagine you could fine a KSU DC ad somewhere..

first one I'd seen on coaching search

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »

Yeah, NU posts all their coaching jobs on the normal university job system thing.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 30, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

It's a real thing.  Minnesota had to do it for a head coaching position a few years ago.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 30, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »

first one I'd seen on coaching search

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/andy_staples/11/17/ole-miss-job-application/index.html

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 30, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
Skipper44 there are articles out there from 2005 about old balls Tom Hayes running the 3-4 at Stanford.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
Rob Cassidy
It means nothing only because LHC Bill Snyder will protect any secret, trivial or not, with his life. I seriously think he does it for sport.
less than 1 minute ago from web

Rob Cassidy
This means nothing, but LHC Bill Snyder and company told visiting recruits that they have "no idea who the defensive coordinator will be."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:06 PM »
Rob Cassidy
It means nothing only because LHC Bill Snyder will protect any secret, trivial or not, with his life. I seriously think he does it for sport.
less than 1 minute ago from web

Rob Cassidy
This means nothing, but LHC Bill Snyder and company told visiting recruits that they have "no idea who the defensive coordinator will be."

genius recruiting right there

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »
Rob Cassidy

wow.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 30, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »

Rob Cassidy
This means nothing, but LHC LHC Bill Snyder and company told visiting recruits that they have "no idea who the defensive coordinator will be."

:facepalm:

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 30, 2012, 02:24:36 PM »
What the heck, Bill?

:frown:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 30, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
What the heck, Bill?

:frown:

10 win season, you should be thankful, etc.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 30, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
A small sliver (very small) of me thinks it is adorable how incredibly dopey and clueless we are at football recruiting.  It is almost quaint.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 30, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
This will weed out the kids who really don't want to be here...at least on defense.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 30, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »
if you don't want to be at kstate no matter who is coaching you (if anyone, we have no rough ridin' clue at this point honestly) then you may as well hit the road, we have no place for those types. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 30, 2012, 02:33:04 PM »
lol...and we still flipped a KU DT 'cruit.

Superbowl rings vs "We have no clue who will be your coach" and the latter won.

:lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 30, 2012, 02:41:50 PM »
lol...and we still flipped a KU DT 'cruit.

Superbowl rings vs "We have no clue who will be your coach" and the latter won.

:lol:

We didn't flip crap yet, bruh.   :frown:

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 30, 2012, 02:42:33 PM »
:
if you don't want to be at kstate no matter who is coaching you (if anyone, we have no rough ridin' clue at this point honestly) then you may as well hit the road, we have no place for those types. 

:powerespect:
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 30, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »
:

:powerespect:

:facepalm:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 30, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »
Outright Lies vs. Cone of Silence / ITK