Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 191640 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #1000 on: January 28, 2012, 02:32:03 PM »
I don't hate him.  I'm assuming even promoting from within is better than Cosh

Snyder does, however, consistently find a way to annoy the hell out of me with these things
Being annoyed is okay.  Sometimes my mom annoys me, for example. 

I always love her unconditionally though. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1001 on: January 28, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »
I don't hate him.  I'm assuming even promoting from within is better than Cosh

Snyder does, however, consistently find a way to annoy the hell out of me with these things
Being annoyed is okay.  Sometimes my mom annoys me, for example. 

I always love her unconditionally though. 

Here's the thing, though.  We're complaining about this, and Snyder will end up promoting Hayes, Joe Bob will coach linebackers, and Seiler will be the DE coach.  We'll end up winning eight or nine games this year, and Seiler will end up getting four or five recruits.

As much as I hate how Snyder does it, and I really, really do, as long as he's not losing half of his recruiting class to non-qualifiers and attrition, we'll win regardless of who is on staff.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 28, 2012, 02:45:04 PM »
Has any fanbase hated their coach this much after a 10 win season? I hope not. This much hate deserves to make history.

Has any coach who lost a bad assistant after a 10 win season failed to capitalize on it as miserably as Snyder did? Well, probably. But still.

I would also guess Les Miles is hated more by his fanbase than Snyder.

This is what amazes me. He has no interest in taking advantage of these situations. Weird. Pretty sure  it all comes down to no decent coach wants to work for the old bastard. I guess we are lucky he is good enough to keep us slightly above average without much help. :dunno:

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »
I don't hate Snyder, I am just tired of predicting this crap. If this was really a "calming the waters" approach he would have hired proven coaches instead of re-gifting crap someone found on the discount rack.  You should all be pissed he brought back the same shitty coaches that lead to his demise after the end of his first tour of duty; and now after a good season - still not doing anything to correct it.  Like dipshit above posted, this should feel familiar because this is how he's always handled it; keep in mind though it really hasn't worked  in fifteen years.  These are the guys that failed to capitalize on a rough ridin' Big 12 championship after knocking off the "greatest team of all time".  Am i the only one that remembers this crap?  I know, 10 wins;  That's great, but if some of you dipshits would listen to yourselves and do what you tell everyone else to do and look back at the DOD- you would see that when ksu was at its best- they had a D in the top 50.  We haven't had had a coach on this staff in almost ten years that could recruit or coach a team at that caliber.  Do any of you remember knowing ksu was going to win?  There was no question - ksu was just better.  This team has a long way to go before their that good.  Ksu may win 8-10 games next year - but until they start recruiting and signing entire classes of guys that have Div 1 offers from other schools; these wins will just feel like flukes.  Sorry if you can't see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 28, 2012, 02:56:40 PM »
Yes we won ten games, but they felt like flukes.  I hate Snyder for this.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: January 28, 2012, 02:58:47 PM »
This is what amazes me. He has no interest in taking advantage of these situations. Weird. Pretty sure  it all comes down to no decent coach wants to work for the old bastard. I guess we are lucky he is good enough to keep us slightly above average without much help. :dunno:
We were much better than "slightly above average" this last season.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »
We were much better than "slightly above average" this last season.

Yeah, the 2011 team won't get the credit they deserve.  They were a legit Top 15 team.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Was Hayes actually promoted, or is this one of those preemptive meltdowns?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
Where there is smoke there is fire.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »

From TOS:
Damn, sorry, I was really drunk and unable to elaborate.  What I meant to say was I am sick of fans like you who do nothing but complain and convince themselves they know anything of what it would take to run the Kansas State football program, coach the team, and evaluate other coaches.  Idiots who think youth is a fountain of greatness, when in fact youth is inexperienced and ignorant.  I swear idiots like yourself would hire on appearance, is he sexy, does he make you hard or not and that would be that. 

Joe Bob, he's how old?  I guess past this imaginary youthful greatness some seem so hung up on obtaining somewhere else.  Tell me how it's possible to want a young up and coming LB coach, but when they have worked with Snyder before, well that automatically ruins it for you people?  OMFG he not only already worked with Snyder he still does!!  Whaaaa my vag hurts!!!!  I met him once and he didn't ask me out, why won't Bill bring me some new meat!!   Sick of it. 

Looking forward to learning about my grammatical errors so tia.   To the rest, sorry, I'm just sick of 'em all.
Dillrift?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 29, 2012, 07:15:30 AM »
I don't hate Snyder, I am just tired of predicting this crap. If this was really a "calming the waters" approach he would have hired proven coaches instead of re-gifting crap someone found on the discount rack.  You should all be pissed he brought back the same shitty coaches that lead to his demise after the end of his first tour of duty; and now after a good season - still not doing anything to correct it.  Like dipshit above posted, this should feel familiar because this is how he's always handled it; keep in mind though it really hasn't worked  in fifteen years.  These are the guys that failed to capitalize on a rough ridin' Big 12 championship after knocking off the "greatest team of all time".  Am i the only one that remembers this crap?  I know, 10 wins;  That's great, but if some of you dipshits would listen to yourselves and do what you tell everyone else to do and look back at the DOD- you would see that when ksu was at its best- they had a D in the top 50.  We haven't had had a coach on this staff in almost ten years that could recruit or coach a team at that caliber.  Do any of you remember knowing ksu was going to win?  There was no question - ksu was just better.  This team has a long way to go before their that good.  Ksu may win 8-10 games next year - but until they start recruiting and signing entire classes of guys that have Div 1 offers from other schools; these wins will just feel like flukes.  Sorry if you can't see that.

Spot on my friend, spot on.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 29, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »

Totally agree.  I don't hate the guy we have coaching now either, but like you, I remember the days when I just knew KSU was going to win.  Back when LHC Bill Snyder was coaching, hiring staff members and recruiting.  Those were the days.  We'd win like 9-11 games every year.  Now we are lucky when we win 10 and luck into the Cotton Bowl.  Our current coach is so predictable.  I remember LHC Bill Snyder promoting coaches internally like Bob Stoops, MIke Stoops, Brent Venables and the list goes on....those were the days.   Those coaches were so awesome and did so well.  Now we're probably going to hire some internal stiff who will probably suck.  Our current coach is lucky, predicable, and a horrible recruiter.  We need the guy we had back when we were good and winning games and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:52:57 AM by Fuktard »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 29, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 29, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »
eff this place. 

Where's the new bbs that isn't full of respects?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 30, 2012, 06:21:54 AM »
"@ASUDevilscom: Source: Air Force DC Matt Wallerstedt spent weekend in Tempe but no deal reached with Arizona State. He's likely to stay at AFA."

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »
"@ASUDevilscom: Source: Air Force DC Matt Wallerstedt spent weekend in Tempe but no deal reached with Arizona State. He's likely to stay at AFA."

So we have terms, conditions, or our all around situation is mumped up enough where a guy would rather be a DC at Air Force? 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 30, 2012, 09:42:50 AM »

So we have terms, conditions, or our all around situation is mumped up enough where a guy would rather be a DC at Air Force? 

uh.....he said no to ASU also.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: January 30, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »

Doesn't comfort me.  It's Air Force.

I really want to think that he isn't the one who said no at either school.  Really hope both us and ASU said "pass" for reasons other than that we have Hayes on staff.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 30, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
My guess is Snyder never really seriously pursued him. 

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 30, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

Doesn't comfort me.  It's Air Force.

I really want to think that he isn't the one who said no at either school.  Really hope both us and ASU said "pass" for reasons other than that we have Hayes on staff.

If he said, "No," to both schools, he probably said he would want to run the 3-4 at both KSU and ASU, and Snyder and Graham told him, "Thanks, but no thanks."

Snyder knows what he wants, and Graham was a defensive guy, so it's probably that they disagreed with what Wally wanted to do and passed.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 30, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »
Snyder probably low bucked him and tried to make him a CO-DC or something and Wally was probably like, "Yeah, I'll stay in the Mountain West".

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 30, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
Snyder probably low bucked him and tried to make him a CO-DC or something and Wally was probably like, "Yeah, I'll stay in the Mountain West".

After realizing he had a better incoming class at the AFA.