Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190255 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #975 on: January 27, 2012, 06:22:10 PM »
I feel like this is worthy of a meltdown. woof.

oh it absolutely is. i haven't melted down about anything in about a year btw. no bball or fball game melt downs for me at all. not even the baylor bball game this year. but this is up there with giving tate a scholarship and sean a coaching position. just absolutely beyond belief. i mean the air force rough ridin' defensive coordinator is a god damn linebackers coach and grew up in the god damn town that you want him to move back to and played football at the god damn university that you want him to coach at and you can't rough ridin' get him to come and replace the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach that just left? it's rough ridin' airforce. the guy came here before for a rough ridin' linebackers coaching position. what the eff is happening?  i mean honest to god just what the eff is going on?
Real question, why didn't Snyder get him when he came back?  He left because of Prince, not Snyder.  Seems like he would have been an easy get.  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #976 on: January 27, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
Real question, why didn't Snyder get him when he came back?  He left because of Prince, not Snyder.  Seems like he would have been an easy get.  :dunno:

Um, because Cosh was available?

Duh.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 27, 2012, 07:12:07 PM »
This all just makes me sad

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 27, 2012, 07:16:16 PM »
Was just sitting here pondering what a laughable a notion it was to think that Snyder was "encouraging" Cosh to interview elsewhere this offseason...Like Snyder really had a plan in place to upgrade the defense and potentially bring in a successor.  

Lol.  It's like he purposely punishes us for being a bunch of rubes.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #979 on: January 27, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »

Um, because Cosh was available?

Duh.
He couldn't have been too happy with CC, otherwise he wouldn't have brough in VK as Co-DC

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 27, 2012, 08:10:44 PM »
I think OB is and has been in take what you can get mode.   I'm becoming of the belief that there's a long list of: "Thanks, but no thanks Bill"  Who the eff would want to work for him?   People talk crap on KSU and/or Manhattan like it's an undesirable place to be a coach - but I'm really starting to believe it's Bill.  I've met several players that secretly hate his rough ridin' guts but talk about what a great person he is out in the open - Wondering if that's how almost every coach that knows him feels. 

#FYBS
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 27, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »
I think OB is and has been in take what you can get mode.   I'm becoming of the belief that there's a long list of: "Thanks, but no thanks Bill"  Who the eff would want to work for him?   People talk crap on KSU and/or Manhattan like it's an undesirable place to be a coach - but I'm really starting to believe it's Bill.  I've met several players that secretly hate his rough ridin' guts but talk about what a great person he is out in the open - Wondering if that's how almost every coach that knows him feels. 

#FYBS

yeah!  lets hire a new head coach!  :ksu:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »

#FYBS

It's absolutely that way. 

Good thing he's just here to calm the waters, right?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 27, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »

#FYBS
If you were a young coach, would you work for a 72 year old coach that could retire within the next few years.  Please serious answers only.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 27, 2012, 09:00:14 PM »
I like that we still care enough to be pissed.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 27, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

#FYBS
If you were a young coach, would you work for a 72 year old coach that could retire within the next few years.  Please serious answers only.
If a young up and coming coach wanted to pad his resume'  and the only real cost was to work for a taskmaster control freak workaholic for a couple years then yes I think there are candidates out there.   :grin:  JMO

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 27, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »
Lest we all forget the Snyder Way

Have we all forgotten the Snyder Way and how he built K-State from the worst college football program in the country to the "Greatest Turnaround in College Football History"?

Go back to the beginning and early years of the Snyder v.1 and look how he handled coaching promotions.

Bob Stoops was a secondary coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent secondary coach.

Jim Leavitt was a linebackers coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent linebackers coach.

Bxrent Venables was a grad assistant coach. He eventually moved up to linebackers coach (an internal hire) after proving himself as a grad aXssistant. He then moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent linebackers coach.

Mike Stoops was also a secondary coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself as a top-notch defensive backs coach.

Dana Dimel started off as an offensive GA under Coach Snyder back in 1989. He eventually moved up to tight ends coach, running backs coach, offensive line coach, run game coordinator, and finally co-offensive coordinator (all internal hires).

You see the precedent?

Just like he molds and builds young men into the best players they can be - get a little better every day - during their years playing in the program, LHCBS likes to surround himself with quality position coaches, grad assistants and personnel that he can also mold and build into future position coaches and coordinators.

If LHCBS believes that Blake Seiler would make a great defensive ends coach, and full time assistant on the staff, he should know after three years of tutoring and teaching him the Wildcat Way.

It's no different than Venables, Dimel, Joe Bob or a host of other successful coaches who paid their dues and worked their way up the ranks under Coach Snyder through the years.

And if after working with Tom Hayes for a season coaching the defensive secondary, he believes Hayes can effectively move up to co-defensive coordinator, I will not object.

LHCBS v.2 surrounded himself again with young, aspiring, quality coaches that he can teach and mold daily to fill in possible future openings on the staff. Jonathon Beasley, David Allen, Blake Seiler, Joe Gordon . . . and more have been groomed for three years now for these opportunities.

I know this, if LHCBS believes the best candidate(s) for staff openings are presently in house, he has a brilliant resume of successes promoting from within.

Go Cats!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #987 on: January 27, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »

Have we all forgotten the Snyder Way and how he built K-State from the worst college football program in the country to the "Greatest Turnaround in College Football History"?

Go back to the beginning and early years of the Snyder v.1 and look how he handled coaching promotions.

Bob Stoops was a secondary coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent secondary coach.

Jim Leavitt was a linebackers coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent linebackers coach.

Bxrent Venables was a grad assistant coach. He eventually moved up to linebackers coach (an internal hire) after proving himself as a grad aXssistant. He then moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself to be an excellent linebackers coach.

Mike Stoops was also a secondary coach. He eventually moved up to co-defensive coordinator (an internal hire) after proving himself as a top-notch defensive backs coach.

Dana Dimel started off as an offensive GA under Coach Snyder back in 1989. He eventually moved up to tight ends coach, running backs coach, offensive line coach, run game coordinator, and finally co-offensive coordinator (all internal hires).

You see the precedent?

Just like he molds and builds young men into the best players they can be - get a little better every day - during their years playing in the program, LHCBS likes to surround himself with quality position coaches, grad assistants and personnel that he can also mold and build into future position coaches and coordinators.

If LHCBS believes that Blake Seiler would make a great defensive ends coach, and full time assistant on the staff, he should know after three years of tutoring and teaching him the Wildcat Way.

It's no different than Venables, Dimel, Joe Bob or a host of other successful coaches who paid their dues and worked their way up the ranks under Coach Snyder through the years.

And if after working with Tom Hayes for a season coaching the defensive secondary, he believes Hayes can effectively move up to co-defensive coordinator, I will not object.

LHCBS v.2 surrounded himself again with young, aspiring, quality coaches that he can teach and mold daily to fill in possible future openings on the staff. Jonathon Beasley, David Allen, Blake Seiler, Joe Gordon . . . and more have been groomed for three years now for these opportunities.

I know this, if LHCBS believes the best candidate(s) for staff openings are presently in house, he has a brilliant resume of successes promoting from within.

Go Cats!

Goddamnit, that was Leland, wasn't it?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 27, 2012, 09:42:58 PM »

You see the precedent?

Go Cats!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 27, 2012, 10:55:17 PM »
Has any fanbase hated their coach this much after a 10 win season? I hope not. This much hate deserves to make history.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: January 28, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »

You see the precedent?

Go Cats!

The difference being Hayes is old and drinks ensure. The other coaches you bring up were a lot younger and could still eat a steak without it being soften up for them.
RIP Fatty

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07:19 AM »
I'll say it again, Stormnut.  It's the Wildcat Way.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 28, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Well, this was fun. 

You got us again old man, you got us again.   :flush:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 28, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
This is fantastic.

Offline jc_jax

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 28, 2012, 11:57:12 AM »
Has any fanbase hated their coach this much after a 10 win season? I hope not. This much hate deserves to make history.

Nerbaska and Solich?  Or, did he only win 9?  Course, they fired him.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 28, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »

You see the precedent?

Go Cats!

The difference being Hayes is old and drinks ensure. The other coaches you bring up were a lot younger and could still eat a steak without it being soften up for them.

lest you forget the Snyder way you rough ridin' piece of trash.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 28, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »

Has any coach who lost a bad assistant after a 10 win season failed to capitalize on it as miserably as Snyder did? Well, probably. But still.

I would also guess Les Miles is hated more by his fanbase than Snyder.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 28, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »
We shouldn't hate him.  We should be incredibly thankful.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 28, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
I don't hate him.  I'm assuming even promoting from within is better than Cosh

Snyder does, however, consistently find a way to annoy the hell out of me with these things

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #999 on: January 28, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »
I don't hate him.  I'm assuming even promoting from within is better than Cosh

Snyder does, however, consistently find a way to annoy the hell out of me with these things

:thumbs: