Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 191547 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »
 :cry:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
congrats michigancat, go have a party

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
Shoot.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 27, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
I feel like this is worthy of a meltdown. woof.

oh it absolutely is. i haven't melted down about anything in about a year btw. no bball or fball game melt downs for me at all. not even the baylor bball game this year. but this is up there with giving tate a scholarship and sean a coaching position. just absolutely beyond belief. i mean the air force rough ridin' defensive coordinator is a god damn linebackers coach and grew up in the god damn town that you want him to move back to and played football at the god damn university that you want him to coach at and you can't rough ridin' get him to come and replace the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach that just left? it's rough ridin' airforce. the guy came here before for a rough ridin' linebackers coaching position. what the eff is happening?  i mean honest to god just what the eff is going on?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 27, 2012, 01:44:54 PM »
congrats michigancat, go have a party

:frown:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
We knew this would happen. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »

oh it absolutely is. i haven't melted down about anything in about a year btw. no bball or fball game melt downs for me at all. not even the baylor bball game this year. but this is up there with giving tate a scholarship and sean a coaching position. just absolutely beyond belief. i mean the air force rough ridin' defensive coordinator is a god damn linebackers coach and grew up in the god damn town that you want him to move back to and played football at the god damn university that you want him to coach at and you can't rough ridin' get him to come and replace the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach that just left? it's rough ridin' airforce. the guy came here before for a rough ridin' linebackers coaching position. what the eff is happening?  i mean honest to god just what the eff is going on?

He went to ASU, didn't he? Little ole KSU can't compete with that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 27, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

It is totally phenomenal in at least 30 different ways.  Is also the beginning of the end, IMO.

Currie will get his hire in 3 years or less.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 27, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
The Manhatter

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member

Re: DC news from Kellis

ah, it looks like the "experts" with a wealth of knowledge and background on coaching hires have started to weigh in.

:lol:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 27, 2012, 01:47:45 PM »
In all seriousness, why is Wallerstedt so much better? AFAIK, his only BCS experience is KSU under Prince. Flush.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 27, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »

not yet

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 27, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »
Just get us to a bowl game.  That will make me happy from now until eternity.

Hire whoever is capable of doing that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »

not yet

Just the possibility is an uphill battle, IMO. I mean they have palm trees there.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 27, 2012, 01:50:54 PM »
I really wanted Ekeler.

But knew it was a pipe dream.

I mean how could we expect to attract a young DC with an excellent recruiting track record at Indiana to come back and coach for his alma mater!  Indiana we're talking about here!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:53:07 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 27, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »
In all seriousness, why is Wallerstedt so much better? AFAIK, his only BCS experience is KSU under Prince. Flush.

Because his hire would show at least some inclination to get some youth and outside perspective into the staff.  He seems to be acknowledged as an up and comer, or at least a desirable coach.  Instead, BS is doing exactly what led to his first retirement.  Not capitalizing on success and promoting those that don't deserve promotion.  We all assumed that BS pushed Cosh out but I doubt that is the case.  I think Cosh fled like he does every job and Bill let him.  Cosh could have stayed until Bill re-retired.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #940 on: January 27, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
It's all starting to feel familiar again.

Hiring coaches that Bill's familiar with and not really looking anywhere outside of the tree?  Check.

Struggling to put together a 25 man recruiting class one weekend before signing day?  Check.

We're just a couple of signing day decommits and a recruiting roundup showl with Fitz and Matt Wolters at Rusty's for this to feel like 2002 all over again.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 27, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »
i wonder what dimel has against wally?  :dunno:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 27, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »

Hiring coaches that Bill's familiar with and not really looking anywhere outside of the tree?  Check.

Struggling to put together a 25 man recruiting class one weekend before signing day?  Check.

We're just a couple of signing day decommits and a recruiting roundup showl with Fitz and Matt Wolters at Rusty's for this to feel like 2002 all over again.

Yep.  We're there.

Hoping everyone enjoyed the ever loving crap out of our Cotton Bowl.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 27, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

Yep.  We're there.

Hoping everyone enjoyed the ever loving crap out of our Cotton Bowl.

Yes!  We lost to the team that only lost to the two teams in the NCG!  :ksu:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #944 on: January 27, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »

It is totally phenomenal in at least 30 different ways.  Is also the beginning of the end, IMO.

Next year will be 2003, the following 2004, then 2005.

Snyder will realize he doesn't have the juice to get Sean in as coach, and he'll step down because, "It's the right time."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 27, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »

Snyder will realize he doesn't have the juice to get Sean in as coach, and he'll step down because, "It's the right time."

Okay, so a Big 12 title then 2 years of sucking?  Is Hayes going to leave for Wisconsin to be HCIW?  :grin:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 27, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

He did say he was going to calm the waters.  I guess we should've assumed he would then create a rough ridin' tsunami on the way out the door.  :facepalm:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 27, 2012, 02:02:36 PM »
i think Hayes is a great coach and was essentially a co-dc this year but...

:angry:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 27, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »

Because his hire would show at least some inclination to get some youth and outside perspective into the staff.  He seems to be acknowledged as an up and comer, or at least a desirable coach.  Instead, BS is doing exactly what led to his first retirement.  Not capitalizing on success and promoting those that don't deserve promotion.  We all assumed that BS pushed Cosh out but I doubt that is the case.  I think Cosh fled like he does every job and Bill let him.  Cosh could have stayed until Bill re-retired.

Wallerstedt's been a coach for like 20 years and barely sniffed BCS. woof. Ekeler would truly signify youth and has a decent resume.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 27, 2012, 02:03:54 PM »
i think Hayes is a great coach and was essentially a co-dc this year but...

:angry:

Yeah, I don't hate Hayes.  I hate that we can't do better than Hayes.