Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 190261 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: K-State DC Thread
« Reply #950 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04:22 PM »
I feel like this is worthy of a meltdown. woof.

oh it absolutely is. i haven't melted down about anything in about a year btw. no bball or fball game melt downs for me at all. not even the baylor bball game this year. but this is up there with giving tate a scholarship and sean a coaching position. just absolutely beyond belief. i mean the air force rough ridin' defensive coordinator is a god damn linebackers coach and grew up in the god damn town that you want him to move back to and played football at the god damn university that you want him to coach at and you can't rough ridin' get him to come and replace the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach that just left? it's rough ridin' airforce. the guy came here before for a rough ridin' linebackers coaching position. what the eff is happening?  i mean honest to god just what the eff is going on?

It is totally phenomenal in at least 30 different ways.  Is also the beginning of the end, IMO.

Currie will get his hire in 3 years or less.

Next year will be 2003, the following 2004, then 2005.

Snyder will realize he doesn't have the juice to get Sean in as coach, and he'll step down because, "It's the right time."

Okay, so a Big 12 title then 2 years of sucking? 

would absolutely take. then after i took it, i'd do some crazy dance w/ my tongue out and hands above my head and then spike that thing on the floor and get pak'd and probably do like twenty girls at the same time or something.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #951 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
I feel like this is worthy of a meltdown. woof.

oh it absolutely is. i haven't melted down about anything in about a year btw. no bball or fball game melt downs for me at all. not even the baylor bball game this year. but this is up there with giving tate a scholarship and sean a coaching position. just absolutely beyond belief. i mean the air force rough ridin' defensive coordinator is a god damn linebackers coach and grew up in the god damn town that you want him to move back to and played football at the god damn university that you want him to coach at and you can't rough ridin' get him to come and replace the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach that just left? it's rough ridin' airforce. the guy came here before for a rough ridin' linebackers coaching position. what the eff is happening?  i mean honest to god just what the eff is going on?

It is totally phenomenal in at least 30 different ways.  Is also the beginning of the end, IMO.

Currie will get his hire in 3 years or less.

Next year will be 2003, the following 2004, then 2005.

Snyder will realize he doesn't have the juice to get Sean in as coach, and he'll step down because, "It's the right time."

Okay, so a Big 12 title then 2 years of sucking?  Is Hayes going to leave for Wisconsin to be HCIW?  :grin:

There's certainly a chance.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 27, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
In all seriousness, why is Wallerstedt so much better? AFAIK, his only BCS experience is KSU under Prince. Flush.

Because his hire would show at least some inclination to get some youth and outside perspective into the staff.  He seems to be acknowledged as an up and comer, or at least a desirable coach.  Instead, BS is doing exactly what led to his first retirement.  Not capitalizing on success and promoting those that don't deserve promotion.  We all assumed that BS pushed Cosh out but I doubt that is the case.  I think Cosh fled like he does every job and Bill let him.  Cosh could have stayed until Bill re-retired.

Wallerstedt's been a coach for like 20 years and barely sniffed BCS. woof. Ekeler would truly signify youth and has a decent resume.
Not to mention his name is "Crash" and he may be certifiably insane.

You know what other d-coordinator may be certifiably insane?  Mike Stoops.  Coincidence?  Could be, but I doubt it.  More crazies more wins imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 27, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »
i think Hayes is a great coach and was essentially a co-dc this year but...

:angry:

Yeah, I don't hate Hayes.  I hate that we can't choose not to do better than Hayes.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 27, 2012, 02:12:09 PM »

Yeah, I don't hate Hayes.  I hate that we can't do better than Hayes.

I hate that we don't even try.

We don't even try.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 27, 2012, 02:18:56 PM »

Yeah, I don't hate Hayes.  I hate that we can't barely tried at all todo better than Hayes.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 27, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
In all seriousness, why is Wallerstedt so much better? AFAIK, his only BCS experience is KSU under Prince. Flush.

Because his hire would show at least some inclination to get some youth and outside perspective into the staff.  He seems to be acknowledged as an up and comer, or at least a desirable coach.  Instead, BS is doing exactly what led to his first retirement.  Not capitalizing on success and promoting those that don't deserve promotion.  We all assumed that BS pushed Cosh out but I doubt that is the case.  I think Cosh fled like he does every job and Bill let him.  Cosh could have stayed until Bill re-retired.

Wallerstedt's been a coach for like 20 years and barely sniffed BCS. woof. Ekeler would truly signify youth and has a decent resume.

You know what other d-coordinator may be certifiably insane?  Mike Stoops.  Coincidence?  Could be, but I doubt it.  More crazies more wins imo.

agreed. I have a theory that cocaine helps d-coordinators A LOT.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »

Because his hire would show at least some inclination to get some youth and outside perspective into the staff.  He seems to be acknowledged as an up and comer, or at least a desirable coach.  Instead, BS is doing exactly what led to his first retirement.  Not capitalizing on success and promoting those that don't deserve promotion.  We all assumed that BS pushed Cosh out but I doubt that is the case.  I think Cosh fled like he does every job and Bill let him.  Cosh could have stayed until Bill re-retired.

You know what other d-coordinator may be certifiably insane?  Mike Stoops.  Coincidence?  Could be, but I doubt it.  More crazies more wins imo.

you should thesis that bitch up.

also, we apparently tried to go get a guy but did such a horrible job that the guy chose to stay at air force. oh yeah, he grew up in mhk and played fball at kstate and has coached here in the past. ekeler was so rough ridin' far out of our league that i'm sure we didn't even bother trying.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

Makes one a great motivator.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 27, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »

you should thesis that bitch up.

also, we apparently tried to go get a guy but did such a horrible job that the guy chose to stay at air force. oh yeah, he grew up in mhk and played fball at kstate and has coached here in the past. ekeler was so rough ridin' far out of our league that i'm sure we didn't even bother trying.

Probably for how Snyder was going to define his role and cap his pay, yes.

I think we could get really good assistants, and I think Currie might sign off on bigger salaries, but Snyder is ultimately the one determining how much he wants to pay his assistants from what I understand, so it most likely limits our candidate pool immensely.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 27, 2012, 02:27:36 PM »
pfffttt, name me a career that cocaine doesn't make you better at....you can't.  oh, what, yoga instructor?  please, that's not a career.  

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 27, 2012, 02:30:52 PM »
Where does the "Snyder caps pay" theory come from?  I don't doubt it but find it hard to believe when he obviously doesn't mind being one of the highest paid in the conference.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 27, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
Where does the "Snyder caps pay" theory come from?  I don't doubt it but find it hard to believe when he obviously doesn't mind being one of the highest paid in the conference.

It's what I've always heard.  I'd like to know more as well.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 27, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »

I've never gotten this theory since it's common knowledge that when he took the job in '89 one of his demands was enough of an assistants budget to pay the going rate for average top conference assistants.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 27, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »

I've never gotten this theory since it's common knowledge that when he took the job in '89 one of his demands was enough of an assistants budget to pay the going rate for average top conference assistants.

he must not adjust for inflation.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 27, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »
Statistically, black coaches recruit better than white coaches.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »

Using common sense, a young white guy can recruit much better than an old black guy.

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 27, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
eff the banner, start raising $$$ for an assassin (old balls and sean).

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:45 PM »
WHY are we so Busch League?
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 27, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »
We are

K-State

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
What happened?

:dunno:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 27, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 27, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
Like Tim Weiser used to say, "At K-State we can't just write checks for those sorts of things like other schools can".

K-State has always been about the people and rolling up sleeves and out working other people and stuff.  And really old coaches that sucks balls at recruiting.

It's who we are.  Just tuck your shirt in and accept it.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 27, 2012, 04:45:03 PM »
Wow, there is effing nobody that wants to work for old balls

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 27, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »

Using common sense, a young white guy can recruit much better than an old black guy.

Do statistics support that, Stevesie60?