Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 188390 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
The avg overall defense ranking for the conference is 83.2.  There is one Big team ranked in the top 60, UT @ #14.  I guess it's possible that the other nine teams all have shitty recruiters and terrible DCs but it's probably more likely that the insane offenses we have to face over the 9 game schedule is a major factor.  Give Cosh some credit for eff's sake.  We were rough ridin' atrocious last year.  We brought in some solid new guys and now we're an average defense in the best offensive BCS conference.  Oh, and we're 10-2.  What's the best record for a VK coached defense over the past few years?  How many of his HCs reaped the benefits of his jimmies and joes and is currently still employed?
I dont think Cosh is the devil, but I would certainly like to see him leave and a better D-Coord come in.  And VK is definitely to blame for his team's 86th ranked offense, 105th ranked scoring offense.  Definitely his fault the coach got fired
I think we can all agree VK is better than CC.  That still doesn't change the fact CC proved his defensive plays are more effective with better players this year.  He doesn't have the gems that other teams have.  Also, VK's total defense this year is ranked 6th in the nation.  Hopefully Cosh gets the job; just hope we get someone better.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
The avg overall defense ranking for the conference is 83.2.  There is one Big team ranked in the top 60, UT @ #14.  I guess it's possible that the other nine teams all have shitty recruiters and terrible DCs but it's probably more likely that the insane offenses we have to face over the 9 game schedule is a major factor.  Give Cosh some credit for eff's sake.  We were rough ridin' atrocious last year.  We brought in some solid new guys and now we're an average defense in the best offensive BCS conference.  Oh, and we're 10-2.  What's the best record for a VK coached defense over the past few years?  How many of his HCs reaped the benefits of his jimmies and joes and is currently still employed?
I dont think Cosh is the devil, but I would certainly like to see him leave and a better D-Coord come in.  And VK is definitely to blame for his team's 86th ranked offense, 105th ranked scoring offense.  Definitely his fault the coach got fired
I think we can all agree VK is better than CC.  That still doesn't change the fact CC proved his defensive plays are more effective with better players this year.  He doesn't have the gems that other teams have.  Also, VK's total defense this year is ranked 6th in the nation.  Hopefully Cosh gets the job; just hope we get someone better.
Just seen this posted on TOB...
Whether you think Cosh is a good coach or not, the fact is that he's our DC because he's settling. He can't get a better job, that's why he's here. If he sucks next year, we're not happy. If he does well, he'll leave. I rather him leave now.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
Dax, was there a significant improvement in defense from '10 to '11?  A simple yes or no would suffice.   

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2011, 08:00:26 PM »
Just seen this posted on TOB...
Whether you think Cosh is a good coach or not, the fact is that he's our DC because he's settling. He can't get a better job, that's why he's here. If he sucks next year, we're not happy. If he does well, he'll leave. I rather him leave now.

He'll suck again and he will stay, because OBz falls in love with his assistants and will fire NOBODY!!!
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »
I can't believe that Coshes shiftiness is even up for debate. W/o about 3 new players, this defense is just as crappy as last year.

Im already nervous about losing Garrett and potentially Malone.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2011, 08:30:28 PM »
Vic Koenning as of this weekend, is calling uncommitted recruits on behalf of North Carolina. Safe to say he's Carolina's next D-coordinator
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
Seems like that would be some sort of (yet another) violation for UNC. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2011, 09:09:23 PM »
I can't believe that Coshes shiftiness is even up for debate. W/o about 3 new players, this defense is just as crappy as last year.

I think Malone is safe.  I don't think he's quite got the measurables the NFL is looking for.  He needs another season of solid production.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2011, 09:12:30 PM »
Dax, was there a significant improvement in defense from '10 to '11?  A simple yes or no would suffice.    

Improvement?  yes.

Significant?  no

Now you try to answer my question jtuck.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
Seems like a juco transfer with only 1 season of D1 experience would need an incredible season to be drafted in the first few rounds.  Unless Malone is cool with being a late round guy he should probably return (and hopefully have another solid season) and see if he's able to move up the board.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:38 PM »

I think Malone is safe.  I don't think he's quite got the measurables the NFL is looking for.  He needs another season of solid production.

This is what they said about josh moore  :ohno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »

he should be a example of why not to leave early

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »

Not to brag, but I said Moore would leave after that year and get drafted in July.

Just sayin'.  I think we're good with Malone.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:56 PM »
Malone  :crossfingers:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »
One of our D guys (don't remember who) tweeted several weeks ago that we should all enjoy malone now because he plans to go to the leauge next yr.  Granted, that was several wks ago.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
One of our D guys (don't remember who) tweeted several weeks ago that we should all enjoy malone now because he plans to go to the leauge next yr.  Granted, that was several wks ago.

I thought that was Sams.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »

I thought that was Sams.

it was

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:25 AM »
If Malone goes to the NFL, would he claim to be from K-State during pre-game introductions to the players?  :ohno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »

I thought that was Sams.

Good mem.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2011, 10:07:18 AM »

I thought that was Sams.

I remember that too.....but I thought he was being sarcastic.. :confused:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2011, 10:09:22 AM »

Kinda dumb to play the jimmies and joes card while also denying Cosh any credit for having better players this year.  AB may have transferred solely because of Bill but I would have to assume that the DC had some part in bringing in guys like Malone, Walker, Kibble, Williams, Davis, etc.
If you're saying that Cosh has better players now than VK had, its a shame is defense is so much worse

VK was 56 in total D at KSU, we are 88 this year.  VK was 55 in opponent ppg at KSU, we are 72 this year. 

Meanwhile, VKs Illinois defenses were top 30 ppg and top 10 total d this year

we didn't round robin with VK and Big Ten offenses are  :facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »

I thought that was Sams.

Maybe. If so, I didn't pick up on it.  That said, that is one reason I love twitter.  Perfectly acceptable to be very ADHD and not read much into it.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »

I thought that was Sams.

Maybe. If so, I didn't pick up on it.  That said, that is one reason I love twitter.  Perfectly acceptable to be very ADHD and not read much into it.

I think malone also tweeted something about "enjoy me while i'm here"  :dunno:

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 19, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Quote from: nigel's twitter
1:12 AM - 8 Dec 11 via TweetCaster for Android · Details   
@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - Enjoy me while you can

@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - But its good this is a buisness trip i came out here to play football

@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - I enjoy kstate football and love our fans...but manhattan is the dryest city ever it makes manteca seem like LA

read bottom to top

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2011, 12:48:38 PM »
Quote from: nigel's twitter
@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - Enjoy me while you can

@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - But its good this is a buisness trip i came out here to play football

@nigelmalone24 8 Dec - I enjoy kstate football and love our fans...but manhattan is the dryest city ever it makes manteca seem like LA

read bottom to top

Welp
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."