Author Topic: K-State DC Thread  (Read 188386 times)

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
Isu got an effing stop when it counted against osu

Then I guess ISU has a better defense than KSU.  Oh wait, no. 

Ps, ISU didn't get a stop against us when it counted. Boom.  Roasted. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Cosh gone?
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
who realistically walks thru the door if cosh leaves? Not going to be mike stoops, not going to be leavitt, not going to be venzy, I mean best case scenario would be vic 2.0 which is still unlikely.

This is the wrong mindset.  We have let the uggo girl move in and mind eff us into believing that she is the best we can do so we might as well get used to it.  We are better than this bro.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »
who realistically walks thru the door if cosh leaves? Not going to be mike stoops, not going to be leavitt, not going to be venzy, I mean best case scenario would be vic 2.0 which is still unlikely.

This is the wrong mindset.  We have let the uggo girl move in and mind eff us into believing that she is the best we can do so we might as well get used to it.  We are better than this bro.

It isn't a mindset it is reality.  No one worth a damn is going to commit to coaching on a staff with an old man that wants 100 hour work weeks and is grooming his son for the job. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2011, 10:48:57 AM »

CNS is right.  Great analogy.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »

It isn't a mindset it is reality.  No one worth a damn is going to commit to coaching on a staff with an old man that wants 100 hour work weeks and is grooming his son for the job
:barf:
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »
Isu got an effing stop when it counted against osu

Then I guess ISU has a better defense than KSU.  Oh wait, no. 

Ps, ISU didn't get a stop against us when it counted. Boom.  Roasted. 

ISU does have a better defense than us. .  .

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »

It isn't a mindset it is reality.  No one worth a damn is going to commit to coaching on a staff with an old man that wants 100 hour work weeks and is grooming his son for the job.

Just saying, there are hot chicks out there that are plenty willing to do plenty of dirty things to people that get them what they want.  I mean, we are all kidding ourselves if we can't accept that all FB assistant coaches are nothing more than whores anyway.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
Hawk has defensive coordinator experience at Sonoma State. I say we go get him.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »
christ, we're 10-2. our defense won us some games and lost us some games this year. every team in the big 12 has had some shitty defensive games this year.

Really, our defense only lost us one game.  OU.  That was a debacle.  

Defense won us the Miami, Baylor, Tech games.  

Pretty meh defense, that makes big plays in big moments.  Cosh is pretty average.  Pretty weak recruiter.  

Comparing our numbers to Wyoming and north Dakota ?  Seriously Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  Put those teams in the BIg XII, then compare stats. Jezuscrist.  

Did you not watch the OSU game?  Just because Klein should have run instead of throw on the last play doesn't mean the D can't be blamed for not getting a stop 1 of the 3 times OSU got in the endzones in the 4th qtr.   Anytime you let anyone score over 50 points - especially when your offense holds the ball for over 40 minutes - your D can take blame in that.

and I'll compare Cosh's defenses to anyone that was statistically better than his D during any of his tenures - sorry I picked two teams in non-existant conferences out of the combined 250 possible teams that have had a better D than Coshes in the last 3 years.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 01:37:28 PM by HeinBallz »
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
Look, I'm not a cosh fan.  Would love to see him go.  I just think it's unfair to say he's the worst defensive coordinator in America because Montana gave up fewer points to South Dakota Tech than we gave up to Oklahoma State.

Last I looked, Oklahoma State has a mildly potent offense.  Dropped 44 on OU.

What's that old saying?  Apples to oranges?

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2011, 03:47:51 PM »
I am going to base my entire opinion of Cosh on how they stop Arky.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »

This seems like pretty much the only fair way to judge him. I mean, a month to prepare?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Look, I'm not a cosh fan.  Would love to see him go.  I just think it's unfair to say he's the worst defensive coordinator in America because Montana gave up fewer points to South Dakota Tech than we gave up to Oklahoma State.

K-state gave up 52 points to OSU, who had the ball a little over 19 minutes.  Thats a crap sandwich.  Compare a crap sandwich to oranges or whatever you want but its still a crap sandwich

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2011, 07:51:53 PM »

This seems like pretty much the only fair way to judge him. I mean, a month to prepare?
Weather we win or not, the general feeling is Cosh needs to go.  Which I agree completely, because I think a team that finishes the season in the top 10 deserves better.  :crossfingers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »

Where the did I say he was the worst?   People are saying he's average & he's not.  He's well below average & he has an resume at several schools to prove it.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2011, 06:57:17 AM »
Jesus Christ.  I can't believe anyone would make the statement that cosh is not a bad DC -  Really?   You can talk about the jimmies & joes all you want, but there were teams like Wyoming & North Dakota State that had better defenses than we did last year.  Are you telling me that KSU can't scrape together better walk on's than Wyoming can recruit?   The success of this years d is placed solely on having better players & cosh had nothing to do with that.  An average D-Cord would have had a statistically better D this year & may have won the OSU game for us.   Even IF this years D didn't cost KSU any games - how long before they do lose one?
An argument could be made that our defense was bad due in part to the offenses we faced in the Big 12.  What can't be argued though is how we are now in the record books of nearly every team we've faced in the last two seasons.  That's including 270 yards to the North Texas RB.  Dunbar is good, but it was still a Sun Belt team and O-Line.  I would guess Cosh is sub-50th percentile (schemes, coaching, and recruiting), and we should strive for better.

This is an excellent point, last year it was making any and all RBs look like All Americans, this year it's making all the recievers look like Heisman candidates... it's a ridiculous and very stupid argument to say that Cosh is anything but a horrible DC. We have better talent, THAT is the reason we are a better defense.
Gota having coaching to get the best from talent.  :dunno:

Incorrect
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
Kinda dumb to play the jimmies and joes card while also denying Cosh any credit for having better players this year.  AB may have transferred solely because of Bill but I would have to assume that the DC had some part in bringing in guys like Malone, Walker, Kibble, Williams, Davis, etc.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »
Kinda dumb to play the jimmies and joes card while also denying Cosh any credit for having better players this year.  AB may have transferred solely because of Bill but I would have to assume that the DC had some part in bringing in guys like Malone, Walker, Kibble, Williams, Davis, etc.

I agree with this. I'm also not going to pretend that we have anything better than a below-average defense this year, or that Cosh will ever be able to field a better unit than he did this year.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2011, 06:35:04 PM »

Jimmies and Joes is a cause not an excuse.  We were ranked significantly higher with the guy who played that card than we were the year he left. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
Jesus Christ.  I can't believe anyone would make the statement that cosh is not a bad DC -  Really?   You can talk about the jimmies & joes all you want, but there were teams like Wyoming & North Dakota State that had better defenses than we did last year.  Are you telling me that KSU can't scrape together better walk on's than Wyoming can recruit?   The success of this years d is placed solely on having better players & cosh had nothing to do with that.  An average D-Cord would have had a statistically better D this year & may have won the OSU game for us.   Even IF this years D didn't cost KSU any games - how long before they do lose one?
An argument could be made that our defense was bad due in part to the offenses we faced in the Big 12.  What can't be argued though is how we are now in the record books of nearly every team we've faced in the last two seasons.  That's including 270 yards to the North Texas RB.  Dunbar is good, but it was still a Sun Belt team and O-Line.  I would guess Cosh is sub-50th percentile (schemes, coaching, and recruiting), and we should strive for better.

This is an excellent point, last year it was making any and all RBs look like All Americans, this year it's making all the recievers look like Heisman candidates... it's a ridiculous and very stupid argument to say that Cosh is anything but a horrible DC. We have better talent, THAT is the reason we are a better defense.
Gota having coaching to get the best from talent.  :dunno:

Incorrect
Weis had talent, where did that get him...  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »

If you're saying that Cosh has better players now than VK had, its a shame is defense is so much worse

VK was 56 in total D at KSU, we are 88 this year.  VK was 55 in opponent ppg at KSU, we are 72 this year. 

Meanwhile, VKs Illinois defenses were top 30 ppg and top 10 total d this year

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
The avg overall defense ranking for the conference is 83.2.  There is one Big team ranked in the top 60, UT @ #14.  I guess it's possible that the other nine teams all have shitty recruiters and terrible DCs but it's probably more likely that the insane offenses we have to face over the 9 game schedule is a major factor.  Give Cosh some credit for eff's sake.  We were rough ridin' atrocious last year.  We brought in some solid new guys and now we're an average defense in the best offensive BCS conference.  Oh, and we're 10-2.  What's the best record for a VK coached defense over the past few years?  How many of his HCs reaped the benefits of his jimmies and joes and is currently still employed?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »
jt . . . from 2009 to 2010 did the defense have a significant drop off?   Simple question, try a yes/no answer . . . for a change.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »
The avg overall defense ranking for the conference is 83.2.  There is one Big team ranked in the top 60, UT @ #14.  I guess it's possible that the other nine teams all have shitty recruiters and terrible DCs but it's probably more likely that the insane offenses we have to face over the 9 game schedule is a major factor.  Give Cosh some credit for eff's sake.  We were rough ridin' atrocious last year.  We brought in some solid new guys and now we're an average defense in the best offensive BCS conference.  Oh, and we're 10-2.  What's the best record for a VK coached defense over the past few years?  How many of his HCs reaped the benefits of his jimmies and joes and is currently still employed?
I dont think Cosh is the devil, but I would certainly like to see him leave and a better D-Coord come in.  And VK is definitely to blame for his team's 86th ranked offense, 105th ranked scoring offense.  Definitely his fault the coach got fired

Offline KSUTOMMY

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
I can't believe that Coshes shiftiness is even up for debate. W/o about 3 new players, this defense is just as crappy as last year.
We are K-State and we love to hire SHlTTY coaches.