Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 913348 times)

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2675 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
The Lynchings data is outdated. It is collected from 1882 to 1968. Says so at the bottom. The poster who got all philosophical about posting stats hit it on the head. Statistics and data can say whatever you make them say or can be totally misrepresented like in this instance. Yeah Arkansas lynched a lot of my brethren in the nearly 100 year window after the Civil War and Reconstruction era. They were in the South. It was as common as going fishing in the South. So claiming that Arkansans still lynch is probably a bit far-fetched.

oh...and to the poster who put that the Coasts make the same jokes about KANSAS as they do about ARKANSAS...I have never heard 1/1,000,000th of the redneck/racist/backasswards references about Kansas as I have about Arkansas. Dream on buddy. There is a reason why your state has it's reputation. So quit kissin' your cousin and just own it.
Same guy buddy, and you probably didn't hear any of the jokes because you're in Kansas.
EDIT: Example. We don't tend to go around making jokes about our own state. That's what Mississippi is for.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:49:20 PM by ArthurDent42 »

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: December 08, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
So, you're saying that everyone Koch employs makes about a billion $ more per year than Walton's sack-n-save employees then, amirite?

Well golly sarge! You're sayin' the average employee at an international petrochemical conglomerate of 70k employees makes a larger income than the average employee at international retail conglomerate of 2.1 million employees? Well surprise, surprise, surprise.

2010 List of States by GDP

Rank State GDP $Million %ofNat Pop GDPperCapita
31 Kansas 128,500 0.89 2.9 44,310
32 Nevada 127,500 0.88 2.7 47,222
33 Utah 116,900 0.81 2.8 41,750 
34 Arkansas 105,800 0.73 2.9 36,483 

You are like almost $8k more poor per year than us per person.  You're rough ridin' poor.  These stats don't lie.

Explain to me how a per capita statistic is relevant to a comparison between two individual corporations?

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: December 08, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »
So, you're saying that everyone Koch employs makes about a billion $ more per year than Walton's sack-n-save employees then, amirite?

Well golly sarge! You're sayin' the average employee at an international petrochemical conglomerate of 70k employees makes a larger income than the average employee at international retail conglomerate of 2.1 million employees? Well surprise, surprise, surprise.

You are like almost $8k more poor per year than us per person.  You're rough ridin' poor.  These stats don't lie.

Explain to me how a per capita statistic is relevant to a comparison between two individual corporations?

What does a comparison between two individual corporations have to do with ruining our image/brand just by playing you?  Sticking to talking points is not your strong suit. 
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: December 08, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »

We have something like 60 of the Walton sack-n-saves and yet we still have a higher GDP/capita.  Imagine how high that number would be if the Kochs bankrolling of Kansans wasn't being pulled down by the Waltons.

Can you keep up now?

:dunno:

Offline Hawgalude

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Arkansas has won the Cotton Bowl 4 times
« Reply #2679 on: December 08, 2011, 06:51:24 PM »
and in

woo pig sooie

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:53:05 PM by Hawgalude »

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »
What does a comparison between two individual corporations have to do with ruining our image/brand just by playing you?  Sticking to talking points is not your strong suit. 
And following a conversation doesn't seem to be your's. 110 pages, conversations evolve buddy. Even little side ones spring up every now and then.

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: December 08, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
We have something like 60 of the Walton sack-n-saves and yet we still have a higher GDP/capita.  Imagine how high that number would be if the Kochs bankrolling of Kansans wasn't being pulled down by the Waltons.

Can you keep up now?

:dunno:
So you're saying without the Koch brothers Kansas would be a wasteland?
Excuse me, more of a wasteland?

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas has won the Cotton Bowl 4 times
« Reply #2682 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
and in

woo pig sooie

How the eff did you have to edit a post with 4 years, a conjunction, a preposition, an adjective, a noun & a verb?

eff you guys are stupid.

Offline Kelly!!!

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: December 08, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
The Lynchings data is outdated. It is collected from 1882 to 1968. Says so at the bottom. The poster who got all philosophical about posting stats hit it on the head. Statistics and data can say whatever you make them say or can be totally misrepresented like in this instance. Yeah Arkansas lynched a lot of my brethren in the nearly 100 year window after the Civil War and Reconstruction era. They were in the South. It was as common as going fishing in the South. So claiming that Arkansans still lynch is probably a bit far-fetched.

oh...and to the poster who put that the Coasts make the same jokes about KANSAS as they do about ARKANSAS...I have never heard 1/1,000,000th of the redneck/racist/backasswards references about Kansas as I have about Arkansas. Dream on buddy. There is a reason why your state has it's reputation. So quit kissin' your cousin and just own it.
Same guy buddy, and you probably didn't hear any of the jokes because you're in Kansas.
EDIT: Example. We don't tend to go around making jokes about our own state. That's what Mississippi is for.
:bait: :ksu: :gocho:

That's true. Mississippi does make you look and smell all Pine Sol fresh when you hold your states up next to each other.  :bwpopcorn:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: December 08, 2011, 07:01:32 PM »
And following a conversation doesn't seem to be your's. 110 pages, conversations evolve buddy. Even little side ones spring up every now and then.

Since when did the word "yours" have an apostrophe in it?  Also, you're rough ridin' poor.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:09:50 PM by RightMeow »

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:20 PM »

We don't believe in that crap.  Do some research.  Buddy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:10:35 PM by RightMeow »

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: December 08, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »

Since when did the word "yours" have an apostrophe in it?  Also, you're rough ridin' poor.
How very grammatically authoritative of you! Did that little correction make you happy? We're going to put that up the refrigerator where everyone can see it.
Oh, and by the way, your internet insults really don't affect me at all, because I don't know you and neither do you know me. I can surmise though, by your use of poor as a pejorative and retreat to "rough ridin'" land that you are at the very best an undesirable human being, and, at worst, an inconsequential defecation by a bear...possibly in the woods.

Offline Kelly!!!

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »
ArthurDent42. In a turn of civility, you are formidable.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:17:20 PM by Kelly!!! »

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: December 08, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »

How very grammatically authoritative of you! Did that little correction make you happy? We're going to put that up the refrigerator where everyone can see it.
Oh, and by the way, your internet insults really don't affect me at all, because I don't know you and neither do you know me. I can surmise though, by your use of poor as a pejorative and retreat to "rough ridin'" land that you are at the very best an undesirable human being, and, at worst, an inconsequential defecation by a bear...possibly in the woods.

How do you put something "up the refrigerator"?  This sounds very difficult but I'm sure the results are amazing.  Also, I'm not sure how inconsequential the bowel movement of a bear is.  Have you ever heard of something called the "butterfly effect"?  It's somewhat difficult to explain to people who are rough ridin' poor (which you definitely are) but the best comparison is watching what happens after pissclams posts something about PigAggy on the interwebs.  

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: December 08, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
ArthurDent42. In a turn of civility, are you in Arkansas? If so why do you have what appears to be a PowerCat as your avatar pic? :confused:
I wish it could just stay slightly civil jokes. Yes, I'm in Arkansas. I didn't think I have an avatar lol. I don't see one. :ohno:

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: December 08, 2011, 07:20:46 PM »

How do you put something "up the refrigerator"?  This sounds very difficult but I'm sure the results are amazing.  Also, I'm not sure how inconsequential the bowel movement of a bear is.  Have you ever heard of something called the "butterfly effect"?  It's somewhat difficult to explain to people who are rough ridin' poor (which you definitely are) but the best comparison is watching what happens after pissclams posts something about PigAggy on the interwebs.  

Yeah, I get it buddy, you have a proofreading fetish.  :jerk:

Offline Kelly!!!

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: December 08, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »
ArthurDent42. In a turn of civility, are you in Arkansas? If so why do you have what appears to be a PowerCat as your avatar pic? :confused:
I wish it could just stay slightly civil jokes. Yes, I'm in Arkansas. I didn't think I have an avatar lol. I don't see one. :ohno:

Yeah, I made a mistake. I was hoping nobody saw it. :bang:

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: December 08, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »

Yeah, I made a mistake. I was hoping nobody saw it. :bang:

It's ok. I won't tell anyone. For honest! :crossfingers:

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: December 08, 2011, 07:29:30 PM »

And we're the backwoods ones?  :lol:

In order to understand some of the content on here, you have to realize some of it is "tongue in cheek".  Have your sister show you how to master that one.  Also, you're rough ridin' poor.  PigAggy.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: December 08, 2011, 07:33:40 PM »

And we're the backwoods ones?  :lol:

In order to understand some of the content on here, you have to realize some of it is "tongue in cheek".  Have your sister show you how to master that one.  Also, you're rough ridin' poor.  PigAggy.

STOBBLEBOBBY?!??!?!

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:51 PM »
On the original topic, I don't see how playing us hurts your image or is and insult by any means. We are 10-2 and those 2 are in the championship game. You all are 10-2. Ranks 6 and 8. I think the rules screwed us out of the Sugar bowl, and you all got screwed out of it by...I think the Sugar bowl. I just don't see where the question of a tarnish comes from.

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: December 08, 2011, 07:51:16 PM »
On the original topic, I don't see how playing us hurts your image or is and insult by any means. We are 10-2 and those 2 are in the championship game. You all are 10-2. Ranks 6 and 8. I think the rules screwed us out of the Sugar bowl, and you all got screwed out of it by...I think the Sugar bowl. I just don't see where the question of a tarnish comes from.

This guy is apparently from Arkansas.  This was filmed a couple of weeks ago.  Need I say more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFt6MyiVx54

Also, you're rough ridin' poor.  PigAggy.

Offline SuckmyHog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Help!
« Reply #2697 on: December 08, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Hey guys! I have a problem, It's finals week and I have a term paper to turn in and it's worth ALOT of points. I was wondering if you Jayhawks would proof read it for me since you guys are so great at finding grammatical errors? Thanks!  :jerk:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #2698 on: December 08, 2011, 07:53:49 PM »
Sure brother, ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+v to paste!

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #2699 on: December 08, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
Hang in there buddy! You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.