Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 919893 times)

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Racism
« Reply #2725 on: December 08, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
I don't believe that. I think a lot is general "crap giving", but the total amount was very surprising. I've never even seen a kkk emoticon before...

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 08, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2727 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »

And we're the backwoods ones?  :lol:

In order to understand some of the content on here, you have to realize some of it is "tongue in cheek".  Have your sister show you how to master that one.  Also, you're rough ridin' poor.  PigAggy.

Also, heh sorry I'm a little late on this one, but, in order to have "tongue in cheek" humor, it would help to possess wit.

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 08, 2011, 10:17:15 PM »
2 kkk related emoticons?
Granted the toilet one is funny.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 08, 2011, 10:24:32 PM »
He's right guys. I visited "the south" this summer. No one seemed too concerned about all the black people down there. It's not that racism is dead...they just have a new target. :angryMJ:

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: December 08, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
Ha! We love Hispanics in Arkansas. We're not Alabama or Arizona. I am worried that my original thread about the suspicious amount of (not racist) racism threads will look trollish when merged into another thread so haphazardly. I am not attacking anyone, I just think that, from what I have observed, there is a generational misconception of race relations in Arkansas, at least in the capitol. I can't speak for those out in the woods.

Offline Smac1475

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 08, 2011, 11:16:16 PM »
YES It for sure does!!! we they beat you badly and everyone knows it. You will be exposed for what you are! OVERRATED!!!

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 08, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
¿Que?

Offline NMHogFan

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:27 AM »
"We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. "

This is a joke right? You may have the second most recognized team after Notre Dame, but that is just in the state of Kansas. I wouldn't be bragging about being second in your own state to an out of state school!

The New York Times reported the top schools by fan base. You guys are #60. Arkansas is #26.
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+nyt/rss/Sports+(NYT+%3E+Sports)&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimessports

Iowa State has a higher fan base than you do! Hahahahahahahahah

The big 12 went from a true contender to a third place wannabe. Texas and Oklahoma are a disappointment this year. Oklahoma State is the only team you have left, and they couldn't keep it together with the high school team from Iowa.

Time to go read about real football on saturdaydownsouth.com!

Thanks for the laugh!

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile

Offline bfred

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #2735 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »
That should keep you nerds busy for at least 30 mins.  :bait:

awesome  :cheers:

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
Why was my racism thread merged into this thread mods?
It was a completely different and civil topic about the prevalence of race related posts on this forum.
It had nothing to do with the topic you have merged it with.
Is someone worried about dissent?
I think it is a valid question to ask why you are all so fixated on race on this forum and don't see the reason that it was merged into a thread of a completely different topic.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Our Bowl opponent ???????
« Reply #2737 on: December 09, 2011, 12:52:05 AM »
Hey Guys,

We're picking the bowl games at our office tomorrow, and I'm trying to to figure out badly we'll massacre our opponent, but I can't remember who we're playing ?   I know I've heard of them once or twice before but I can't remember the name of their program.   :dunno:    What can I say, I live in the west now and it's hard to find information about eastern or southern mid-majors out here. I remember hearing they had a break-out year and am pretty sure they are also 10-2 and were competitive or maybe even won the Sun Belt or Bible Belt or whatever conference they're in.  Thanks in advance for the help EMAW brothers!

Offline EMMAW

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Our Bowl opponent ???????
« Reply #2738 on: December 09, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »
I think they're called the sugar bears or something.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:49:37 AM by Hurricane Cat »

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: December 09, 2011, 01:54:27 AM »
Sun Belt? That is worse than the conference that teams are jumping ship off of like rats on the Lusitania.

Offline wichitahawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • 100% Razorback
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 09, 2011, 04:34:24 AM »
Hey all of you poor pityful Kansas St. fans. After reading most of your brainless remarks about Walmart I did a little research for all of you hayseeds. There are 61 Walmarts in the state of kansas. 8 less than in the State of Arkansas. -8...how ironic. The Razorbacks are giving up 8 points underdogs. And the comments about everyone being poor in Arkansas...Kansas Walmart employees make .20 cents less per hour than employees at Arkansas Walmart employees. Oh, another fact. In ESPN's college bowl pick'em 82%..........82% of voters have picked the Razorbacks over Kansas St. You better be glad there are 61 Walmarts in Kansas...you can get your crying towels cheap there.

Wow you are bragging about Wal-Mart. That's like Kansans bragging about Topeka or Missourians bragging about William Quantrill or Rhode Islanders bragging about Peter Griffin or Germany bragging about David Hasselhoff.

What a schmuck.  :gocho:

Or Kansans bragging about the Koch brothers.

What an idiot

Offline BuschHawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: December 09, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
The simple answer to the original poster's question - "Does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program".....the answer is "yes". It is yes because losing a bowl game on national television always looks bad, even when you're Kansas State. Let's face it, you guys are just Kansas State just as we're just Arkansas. You talk like you're a national powerhouse, but what has your program accomplished? Really. How many National Championships have you guys won? How many Conference Titles have you guys won? How many players have you sent to the NFL? You play in a crap conference that is on the verge of going defunct. You've already lost four teams and havent done anything to restore stability to your conference. If you guys played in the SEC, I assure you you'd be a mid-tier level school that wouldnt have achieved a ten win record this year. Yes, we lost two games with sizeable margins. But, if Kansas State played LSU or Alabama, I can assure you you'd fare no better...Someone in an earlier post compared your program to Notre Dame. That is just insane. Not that Notre Dame has done anything lately, but you don't even come close to their historical achievements. I'll give credit where credit is due. You guys have a good team and a good program. Not great. Not exceptional. Not National Championship caliber. Just good. Nothing more and nothing less. As it stands, the same can be said for Arkansas. We both have our moments of glory...You look at Arkansas as being a bunch of backwards assed hillbilly's and that's alright. But, take a look in a mirror. You're only Kansas. What other discussion board has a KKK icon? I could slam Kansas for a lot of things too, but what's the point?....It should be a good game. I think you guys will go limping home wondering what happened that caused you to lose to a lowly little Arkansas team from the SEC.  
You stupid rough ridin' hick.  :lol:

Cousin Eddie.....You sound like the pot calling the kettle black.....I'll bet your dad says you're the best kisser of all the boys on campus too!

Offline razorbacfan1994

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 09, 2011, 08:34:05 AM »
Arkansas?  WTF?  I thought we were playing Alabama.   :dunno:
wait, who's k-state? some pussy ass team that can barely keep up with the Big 12? thought so. k-state definitely blows and they have a weak schedule. that suck the biggest male genitals in the NCAA. final score: arkansas 50, K-state 3.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: December 09, 2011, 08:37:13 AM »
PigAggie seems infatuated with male genitals.  I guess with Tyson that makes sense.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »
Arkansas?  WTF?  I thought we were playing Alabama.   :dunno:
wait, who's k-state? some pussy ass team that can barely keep up with the Big 12? thought so. k-state definitely blows and they have a weak schedule. that suck the biggest male genitals in the NCAA. final score: arkansas 50, K-state 3.

Which Duggar are you?
@mikec2w

Offline razorbacfan1994

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 
This is a joke
just face it. k state fans use remarks about racism and how ''poor'' arkansans are. wow. no remarks about football though. they dont have anything to say about the razorbacks because we have a solid reputation as a football team. k state fans will be very dissappointed come game day.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: December 09, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
Interesting that "BAC" is a part of your username.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 09, 2011, 10:29:02 AM »
I bet your the type of person who walks into a movie halfway through and asks everyone to rewind it so you can catch up?

No?

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 09, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »
yes. YES.  The GPC transformation is almost complete!!!

"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."