Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 918994 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2625 on: December 08, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.

You know what? You are right.  Sorry to all the Arkansas fans, what can we do to make it up to you?

So you say you are a Southern Belle?  :fatty:

See that wasn't so hard. And to answer about 3 questions at once... Yes I am a southern belle, no I am not from Arkansas.. And how on earth did I make it sound like I was from Memphis? Louisiana girl.. Born and raised. I just really hate that Arkansas gets no credit. I think they've done great. Their coach could have a better attitude when they lose.. But coach Miles makes decisions that don't always make a lot of sense either.. But what do I know right? I'm just a girl :)

Wow, LSU would have been my 4th or 5th guess. You should use worse grammar if you want people to just assume you are from Louisiana.

Wow.. You know not everyone from Louisiana is an extra on Swamp People...

What percentage of the population would you estimate are swampers?

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: December 08, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
Nuts Kicked you son of a bitch. You watch how you talk to my woman.

Aww. Thanks for sticking up for me.. but... you know us
LSU fangirls.  :thumbs:
  :blank:
.. We're pretty tough.
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: December 08, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
Hey all of you poor pityful Kansas St. fans. After reading most of your brainless remarks about Walmart I did a little research for all of you hayseeds. There are 61 Walmarts in the state of kansas. 8 less than in the State of Arkansas. -8...how ironic. The Razorbacks are giving up 8 points underdogs. And the comments about everyone being poor in Arkansas...Kansas Walmart employees make .20 cents less per hour than employees at Arkansas Walmart employees. Oh, another fact. In ESPN's college bowl pick'em 82%..........82% of voters have picked the Razorbacks over Kansas St. You better be glad there are 61 Walmarts in Kansas...you can get your crying towels cheap there.

Is this you?  :thumbs:

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAR..or EPAR...I like the sound of that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: December 08, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »

Okay...now on to answer the original question;
No. Playing Arkansas won't do a THING to tarnish the image of your program.

The fact that your school colors are purple and silver (I think that's correct) is a solid, visual testimony that your school really HAD no image to begin with. It's kind of like when someone says how you can't miss what you never had to begin with. The purple panther logo you guys wear is pretty cool, though, in a Arena League sort of way.

How about that mascot.

"Hey do we have enough dough to buy a whole mascot suit? Nah, just buy the headpiece. It's not like anyone cares."

are we getting into mascots now?
arkansas has 4 plus the pig in the trailer.
Big Red...who is similar to Willie in the sense that's 'just a headpiece'.
Sue E. the 'female hog' who is apparently famous for costume changes and dancing ability
Pork Chop is the 'kid' mascot.
And least we forget Boss Hog...a nine-foot inflatable mascot voted most annoying in the SEC by ESPNU in 2010.

and to answer your question, yeah, i researched this on wikipedia.
I'll refer you to my post in this thread before this posting. But I will give you a thumbs-up-way-to-go-buddy for at least doing the minimal research before bringing your 2 cents worth.

i worked hard on that. typed in wikipedia and everything.
minimal effort, maximum results.
As long as you feel like you're getting your money's worth...

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: December 08, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
Hey all of you poor pityful Kansas St. fans. After reading most of your brainless remarks about Walmart I did a little research for all of you hayseeds. There are 61 Walmarts in the state of kansas. 8 less than in the State of Arkansas. -8...how ironic. The Razorbacks are giving up 8 points underdogs. And the comments about everyone being poor in Arkansas...Kansas Walmart employees make .20 cents less per hour than employees at Arkansas Walmart employees. Oh, another fact. In ESPN's college bowl pick'em 82%..........82% of voters have picked the Razorbacks over Kansas St. You better be glad there are 61 Walmarts in Kansas...you can get your crying towels cheap there.

pfffffttt...

First rule of Wal-Mart research is analyzing stores per capita. Derp.  http://www.statemaster.com/graph/lif_wal_sto_num_of_sup_percap-stores-number-supercenters-per-capita

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: December 08, 2011, 03:19:50 PM »
I can't believe that he is from there and doesn't even know the first rule.  :lol:

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: December 08, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
I can't believe that he is from there and doesn't even know the first rule.  :lol:

I know! That's like me being from Kansas and not knowing which Hampton Beach location is best for a weekender in October. Everyone knows it's Two Mile Hollow.  :lol:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: December 08, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
We're pretty tough.

Yes.  I had to break up with her to protect the others.  She was good in the sack though.  :cheers:

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: December 08, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
You all do realize that every single redneck joke that your making is about a state that you damn near border? And the same jokes are made about your state by people on the coasts?
It's funny how you Kansans think its some sort of joke to have one of the largest corporations in the world headquartered in one's state, but then again you all would have any experience with that would you?
Our state is so beautiful its got diamonds coming out of the ground, your state is...flat.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: December 08, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »

They can't even afford bicycles with both wheels in arKansas.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: December 08, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
You all do realize that every single redneck joke that your making is about a state that you damn near border? And the same jokes are made about your state by people on the coasts?
It's funny how you Kansans think its some sort of joke to have one of the largest corporations in the world headquartered in one's state, but then again you all would have any experience with that would you?
Our state is so beautiful its got diamonds coming out of the ground, your state is...flat.

We will have the Koch brothers buy your shitty state and sell it to Cuba.

Offline SwitzerRulz

• Land Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: December 08, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

You freakin beat me to it!!!

Offline Kelly!!!

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »

Wow you are bragging about Wal-Mart. That's like Kansans bragging about Topeka or Missourians bragging about William Quantrill or Rhode Islanders bragging about Peter Griffin or Germany bragging about David Hasselhoff.

What a schmuck.  :gocho:

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline ArthurDent42

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: December 08, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »

I'm sorry Dorothy, but Koch Industries makes about 1/4th of the revenue of Walmart alone and only employs 3% of the Walmart workforce.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 08, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »

I'm sorry Dorothy, but Koch Industries makes about 1/4th of the revenue of Walmart alone and only employs 3% of the Walmart workforce.

#2 in Lynchings!!!!!   http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_lyn_tot_percap-crime-lynchings-total-per-capita

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 08, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »
Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.

You know what? You are right.  Sorry to all the Arkansas fans, what can we do to make it up to you?

See that wasn't so hard. And to answer about 3 questions at once... Yes I am a southern belle, no I am not from Arkansas.. And how on earth did I make it sound like I was from Memphis? Louisiana girl.. Born and raised. I just really hate that Arkansas gets no credit. I think they've done great. Their coach could have a better attitude when they lose.. But coach Miles makes decisions that don't always make a lot of sense either.. But what do I know right? I'm just a girl :)

Wow, LSU would have been my 4th or 5th guess. You should use worse grammar if you want people to just assume you are from Louisiana.

I would say I didn't have the time or the "want to" to figure out a  percentage of something like that.. Not trying to be rude.. Just saying that you shouldn't judge an entire state based on what you see on Swamp People, Joe Dirt, etc.. I am living proof that you can hunt, fish, go frogging and still use proper grammar.
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 08, 2011, 04:03:35 PM »

I would say I didn't have the time or the "want to" to figure out a  percentage of something like that.. Not trying to be rude.. Just saying that you shouldn't judge an entire state based on what you see on Swamp People, Joe Dirt, etc.. I am living proof that you can hunt, fish, go frogging and still use proper grammar.

Let's see a pic of the biggest fish you ever caught.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 08, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=441707.0

:opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat::opcat:

Nice diversity.  :rolleyes:

http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-coachingstaff.html

really dude?
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2419&SPSID=30722

Yes really. I know we do not have enough diversity. We just lost Derrick McGee to UAB. But you guys keep on and on about how racist Arkansas is and I'm just pointing out (yet again) how hypocritical you all actually are.

Hypocritical? 12.6% of the population of the US is African American. Our coaching staff is 20%.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 08, 2011, 04:07:48 PM »
lol man, arkansawans still lynch people. man, that is racist i think.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 08, 2011, 04:09:25 PM »

So you are trying to dimension the size of the 2nd largest privately held company???   :facepalm:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 08, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=441707.0

Nice diversity.  :rolleyes:

http://www.kstatesports.com/feature/football-coachingstaff.html

really dude?
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPID=2419&SPSID=30722

Yes really. I know we do not have enough diversity. We just lost Derrick McGee to UAB. But you guys keep on and on about how racist Arkansas is and I'm just pointing out (yet again) how hypocritical you all actually are.

Hypocritical? 12.6% of the population of the US is African American. Our coaching staff is 20%.

What percentage plays football?

Nice try splitting hairs there.

I think we exceed the 12.6% on team too. I'd have to check to be sure.

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 08, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
109 page????
Wow, Arkansasns are sensitive.