Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 920178 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2575 on: December 08, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »
they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Sao

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: December 08, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »
LOL @ KSU being a blue blood program. You guys had a pretty good year for you, but in the SECW you would have finished just ahead of Ole Piss.

Offline BuschHawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: December 08, 2011, 09:49:04 AM »
The simple answer to the original poster's question - "Does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program".....the answer is "yes". It is yes because losing a bowl game on national television always looks bad, even when you're Kansas State. Let's face it, you guys are just Kansas State just as we're just Arkansas. You talk like you're a national powerhouse, but what has your program accomplished? Really. How many National Championships have you guys won? How many Conference Titles have you guys won? How many players have you sent to the NFL? You play in a crap conference that is on the verge of going defunct. You've already lost four teams and havent done anything to restore stability to your conference. If you guys played in the SEC, I assure you you'd be a mid-tier level school that wouldnt have achieved a ten win record this year. Yes, we lost two games with sizeable margins. But, if Kansas State played LSU or Alabama, I can assure you you'd fare no better...Someone in an earlier post compared your program to Notre Dame. That is just insane. Not that Notre Dame has done anything lately, but you don't even come close to their historical achievements. I'll give credit where credit is due. You guys have a good team and a good program. Not great. Not exceptional. Not National Championship caliber. Just good. Nothing more and nothing less. As it stands, the same can be said for Arkansas. We both have our moments of glory...You look at Arkansas as being a bunch of backwards assed hillbilly's and that's alright. But, take a look in a mirror. You're only Kansas. What other discussion board has a KKK icon? I could slam Kansas for a lot of things too, but what's the point?....It should be a good game. I think you guys will go limping home wondering what happened that caused you to lose to a lowly little Arkansas team from the SEC.  

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: December 08, 2011, 09:50:36 AM »
The simple answer to the original poster's question - "Does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program".....the answer is "yes". It is yes because losing a bowl game on national television always looks bad, even when you're Kansas State. Let's face it, you guys are just Kansas State just as we're just Arkansas. You talk like you're a national powerhouse, but what has your program accomplished? Really. How many National Championships have you guys won? How many Conference Titles have you guys won? How many players have you sent to the NFL? You play in a crap conference that is on the verge of going defunct. You've already lost four teams and havent done anything to restore stability to your conference. If you guys played in the SEC, I assure you you'd be a mid-tier level school that wouldnt have achieved a ten win record this year. Yes, we lost two games with sizeable margins. But, if Kansas State played LSU or Alabama, I can assure you you'd fare no better...Someone in an earlier post compared your program to Notre Dame. That is just insane. Not that Notre Dame has done anything lately, but you don't even come close to their historical achievements. I'll give credit where credit is due. You guys have a good team and a good program. Not great. Not exceptional. Not National Championship caliber. Just good. Nothing more and nothing less. As it stands, the same can be said for Arkansas. We both have our moments of glory...You look at Arkansas as being a bunch of backwards assed hillbilly's and that's alright. But, take a look in a mirror. You're only Kansas. What other discussion board has a KKK icon? I could slam Kansas for a lot of things too, but what's the point?....It should be a good game. I think you guys will go limping home wondering what happened that caused you to lose to a lowly little Arkansas team from the SEC.  

tell whoever's at the end to shut the door on their way out.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: The TRUTH about Arkansas
« Reply #2579 on: December 08, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
I just wanna lay it down so we can have a better understanding of each one another. I know you guys like to have your fun and lots of what you say are jokes, but in Arkansas ( btw we don't like being called Arkies or Arky) aren't really used to that kind of thing. It's no secret that Arkansas is a poor state and has some of the worst education in the country. I'm sure there are many reasons for these things that we don't need to go into here and I don't fully understand anyway. But what I'm saying is the Hogs mean a whole helluva lot to people in this state. You guys up there have pro teams, several college teams, we have the Hogs and that's it. So when someone makes fun of them, even jokingly, people down here take it real personally like it's a family member. And they really aren't used to the kind of sarcasm that your forum employs. Especially when it comes to stuff like a player that died that hurts a lot.  People down here tend to be very religous and earnest. So when you have hog fans coming on here who don't realize the joke, they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant and lacking exposure. But anyway Arkansas is a good state that has it's share of smart people as well as a few racists and rednecks assholes. But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks. In the end you can run your board the way you want to but the kind of reaction you got is probably what your looking for anyways, but if you do want to stop buy an Arkansas board feel free as long as you leave your type of  humor here and just want some good honest discussion. This will probably be my only post here because I don't feel at home here but I wanted to give a little insight and maybe extend and olive tree.

Peace out and WPS!!!!!!!!

This one made me feel sad.   :frown:

You look at Arkansas as being a bunch of backwards assed hillbilly's and that's alright. But, take a look in a mirror. You're only Kansas. What other discussion board has a KKK icon? I could slam Kansas for a lot of things too, but what's the point?....It should be a good game. I think you guys will go limping home wondering what happened that caused you to lose to a lowly little Arkansas team from the SEC.   

This one made me LOL.  I'm LOL-ing because these racist backwaters haven't figured out that we have it for people who say stuff like, "But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks." 

I mean JFC.  JFC.  "Blacks"???  What's next, you're gonna call them "The Coloreds?"  Here at Kansas State we just call them HUMAN BEINGS.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:09:01 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: December 08, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »

They're also pretty stupid.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: December 08, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »

oh eff
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
I just wanna lay it down so we can have a better understanding of each one another. I know you guys like to have your fun and lots of what you say are jokes, but in Arkansas ( btw we don't like being called Arkies or Arky) aren't really used to that kind of thing. It's no secret that Arkansas is a poor state and has some of the worst education in the country. I'm sure there are many reasons for these things that we don't need to go into here and I don't fully understand anyway. But what I'm saying is the Hogs mean a whole helluva lot to people in this state. You guys up there have pro teams, several college teams, we have the Hogs and that's it. So when someone makes fun of them, even jokingly, people down here take it real personally like it's a family member. And they really aren't used to the kind of sarcasm that your forum employs. Especially when it comes to stuff like a player that died that hurts a lot.  People down here tend to be very religous and earnest. So when you have hog fans coming on here who don't realize the joke, they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant and lacking exposure. But anyway Arkansas is a good state that has it's share of smart people as well as a few racists and rednecks assholes. But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks. In the end you can run your board the way you want to but the kind of reaction you got is probably what your looking for anyways, but if you do want to stop buy an Arkansas board feel free as long as you leave your type of  humor here and just want some good honest discussion. This will probably be my only post here because I don't feel at home here but I wanted to give a little insight and maybe extend and olive tree.

Thanks for that clarification. War Pig Sooie right back atcha!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: December 08, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »

oh my
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 08, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »

oh my

:horrorsurprise:

I remember that one, I dvr the show just to see stuff like this.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: December 08, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
Yeah, it was one of the college specials. The look on the Stanford teams faces were priceless.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 08, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
Yeah, it was one of the college specials. The look on the Stanford teams faces were priceless.

I bet it was b/c they noticed the Arky team had their shirts inside out.

Offline SgtWaggoner

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 08, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
OK, enough with the hatred of KSU towards Arkansas, we can wait until Jan. 6th to see Arkansas beat you guys...OK, to make the waters calm, watch this and understand...Gamera is your boyfriend...

WOO PIG SOOOIIIEEE!!!

Sgt. Waggoner

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »

Fantastic!   :thumbs:

Offline SgtWaggoner

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 08, 2011, 11:40:18 AM »
I just wanna lay it down so we can have a better understanding of each one another. I know you guys like to have your fun and lots of what you say are jokes, but in Arkansas ( btw we don't like being called Arkies or Arky) aren't really used to that kind of thing. It's no secret that Arkansas is a poor state and has some of the worst education in the country. I'm sure there are many reasons for these things that we don't need to go into here and I don't fully understand anyway. But what I'm saying is the Hogs mean a whole helluva lot to people in this state. You guys up there have pro teams, several college teams, we have the Hogs and that's it. So when someone makes fun of them, even jokingly, people down here take it real personally like it's a family member. And they really aren't used to the kind of sarcasm that your forum employs. Especially when it comes to stuff like a player that died that hurts a lot.  People down here tend to be very religous and earnest. So when you have hog fans coming on here who don't realize the joke, they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant and lacking exposure. But anyway Arkansas is a good state that has it's share of smart people as well as a few racists and rednecks assholes. But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks. In the end you can run your board the way you want to but the kind of reaction you got is probably what your looking for anyways, but if you do want to stop buy an Arkansas board feel free as long as you leave your type of  humor here and just want some good honest discussion. This will probably be my only post here because I don't feel at home here but I wanted to give a little insight and maybe extend and olive tree.

Thanks for that clarification. War Pig Sooie right back atcha!

Does Kansas have a pro team? Kansas City Chiefs/Royals are in Missouri right? They are as close (miles wise) to a pro team as Arkansas...All they have in Kansas is K State & the Jayhawks man...don't give them too much respect, they aren't the cosmopolitan State they claim to be...
Sgt. Waggoner

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 08, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »

thanks for posting hamchop, feel free to stick around and enjoy the message board.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
OK, enough with the hatred of KSU towards Arkansas, we can wait until Jan. 6th to see Arkansas beat you guys...OK, to make the waters calm, watch this and understand...Gamera is your boyfriend...

WOO PIG SOOOIIIEEE!!!

:surprised:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: December 08, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »
You stupid rough ridin' hick.  :lol:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 08, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »

Does Kansas have a pro team? Kansas City Chiefs/Royals are in Missouri right? They are as close (miles wise) to a pro team as Arkansas...All they have in Kansas is K State & the Jayhawks man...don't give them too much respect, they aren't the cosmopolitan State they claim to be...

:gocho:

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 08, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

According to whom? Because it just so happens that I googled the most recognizable teams in college football, and KSU didn't make the cut. In fact Notre Dame was number 3. So.. Maybe you should be paying more attention to those guys from Arkansas. Let me also state, I am not now, nor have I ever been an Arkansas fan. I just love the game. The hogs have had a heck of a season, and Tyler Wilson has been a great QB. KSU needs to quit talkin trash and start planning a nice apology. Idk if the Hogs will win, (I sure hope they do) but KSU won't walk all over them for sure. Oh yeah.. GeaUx Tigers!
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: December 08, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
According to whom? Because it just so happens that I googled the most recognizable teams in college football, and KSU didn't make the cut. In fact Notre Dame was number 3. So.. Maybe you should be paying more attention to those guys from Arkansas. Let me also state, I am not now, nor have I ever been an Arkansas fan. I just love the game. The hogs have had a heck of a season, and Tyler Wilson has been a great QB. KSU needs to quit talkin trash and start planning a nice apology. Idk if the Hogs will win, (I sure hope they do) but KSU won't walk all over them for sure. Oh yeah.. GeaUx Tigers!

Well so much for reasonable discussion. Why can't we all just get along? AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, I don't believe for a second that you are really a girl.

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAR..or EPAR...I like the sound of that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: December 08, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »

This made me chuckle.

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAR..or EPAR...I like the sound of that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: December 08, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
Okay...now on to answer the original question;
No. Playing Arkansas won't do a THING to tarnish the image of your program.

The fact that your school colors are purple and silver (I think that's correct) is a solid, visual testimony that your school really HAD no image to begin with. It's kind of like when someone says how you can't miss what you never had to begin with. The purple panther logo you guys wear is pretty cool, though, in a Arena League sort of way.

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: December 08, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »

Well so much for reasonable discussion. Why can't we all just get along? AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, I don't believe for a second that you are really a girl.
Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: December 08, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »

Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.

Tell Collin Klein and Arthur Brown they haven't worked hard enough to deserve to be where they are.
@mikec2w