Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927413 times)

Offline SgtWaggoner

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2600 on: December 08, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
OK, enough with the hatred of KSU towards Arkansas, we can wait until Jan. 6th to see Arkansas beat you guys...OK, to make the waters calm, watch this and understand...Gamera is your boyfriend...

WOO PIG SOOOIIIEEE!!!

:surprised:

See Winters, Gamera can save us a lot of back and forth, because MST3K was the real deal...and Gamera is your boyfriend.
Sgt. Waggoner

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: December 08, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »
Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.

You know what? You are right.  Sorry to all the Arkansas fans, what can we do to make it up to you?

So you say you are a Southern Belle?  :fatty:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: December 08, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »
According to whom? Because it just so happens that I googled the most recognizable teams in college football, and KSU didn't make the cut. In fact Notre Dame was number 3. So.. Maybe you should be paying more attention to those guys from Arkansas. Let me also state, I am not now, nor have I ever been an Arkansas fan. I just love the game. The hogs have had a heck of a season, and Tyler Wilson has been a great QB. KSU needs to quit talkin trash and start planning a nice apology. Idk if the Hogs will win, (I sure hope they do) but KSU won't walk all over them for sure. Oh yeah.. GeaUx Tigers!

Well so much for reasonable discussion. Why can't we all just get along? AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, I don't believe for a second that you are really a girl.
Um, yes, it just so happens I am very much a girl. A football loving Southern Belle, thank you very much. Southern Saturdays in the fall consist of football games with the family. And that was not a reasonable discussion from the very start. It was mean. I don't even like Arkansas. They're QB is hot, and he's pretty hot too :) but they have played hard! They've worked for this. And for y'all to be soooo worried about your "image"... Maybe y'all should be less worried, and try being sportsman like. That's why we can't all get along.

Look, I can see how a Memphis fan wouldn't be concerned about brand imaging because you have no brand, but we K-State fans have to worry about far more than wins and losses. We will never catch Notre Dame if we ignore the public perception of associating ourselves with our inferiors.

Offline SgtWaggoner

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: December 08, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »
According to whom? Because it just so happens that I googled the most recognizable teams in college football, and KSU didn't make the cut. In fact Notre Dame was number 3. So.. Maybe you should be paying more attention to those guys from Arkansas. Let me also state, I am not now, nor have I ever been an Arkansas fan. I just love the game. The hogs have had a heck of a season, and Tyler Wilson has been a great QB. KSU needs to quit talkin trash and start planning a nice apology. Idk if the Hogs will win, (I sure hope they do) but KSU won't walk all over them for sure. Oh yeah.. GeaUx Tigers!

Well so much for reasonable discussion. Why can't we all just get along? AND JUST FOR THE RECORD, I don't believe for a second that you are really a girl.

I love Southern Belles...especially those from Arkansas...WOO HOO!!! and GO HOGS!!!
Sgt. Waggoner

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »

Look, I can see how a Memphis fan wouldn't be concerned about brand imaging because you have no brand, but we K-State fans have to worry about far more than wins and losses. We will never catch Notre Dame if we ignore the public perception of associating ourselves with our inferiors.

Being from Memphis, she should participate in the BBQ discussion.
@mikec2w

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »

:love: DeAngelo for Heisman!
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: December 08, 2011, 02:07:30 PM »
I just wanna lay it down so we can have a better understanding of each one another. I know you guys like to have your fun and lots of what you say are jokes, but in Arkansas ( btw we don't like being called Arkies or Arky) aren't really used to that kind of thing. It's no secret that Arkansas is a poor state and has some of the worst education in the country. I'm sure there are many reasons for these things that we don't need to go into here and I don't fully understand anyway. But what I'm saying is the Hogs mean a whole helluva lot to people in this state. You guys up there have pro teams, several college teams, we have the Hogs and that's it. So when someone makes fun of them, even jokingly, people down here take it real personally like it's a family member. And they really aren't used to the kind of sarcasm that your forum employs. Especially when it comes to stuff like a player that died that hurts a lot.  People down here tend to be very religous and earnest. So when you have hog fans coming on here who don't realize the joke, they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant and lacking exposure. But anyway Arkansas is a good state that has it's share of smart people as well as a few racists and rednecks assholes. But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks. In the end you can run your board the way you want to but the kind of reaction you got is probably what your looking for anyways, but if you do want to stop buy an Arkansas board feel free as long as you leave your type of  humor here and just want some good honest discussion. This will probably be my only post here because I don't feel at home here but I wanted to give a little insight and maybe extend and olive tree.

Peace out and WPS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that clarification. War Pig Sooie right back atcha!

Does Kansas have a pro team? Kansas City Chiefs/Royals are in Missouri right? They are as close (miles wise) to a pro team as Arkansas...All they have in Kansas is K State & the Jayhawks man...don't give them too much respect, they aren't the cosmopolitan State they claim to be...

Kansas is cosmopolitan. Not one NASCAR race a year, but two.

Offline SgtWaggoner

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: December 08, 2011, 02:09:50 PM »
I just wanna lay it down so we can have a better understanding of each one another. I know you guys like to have your fun and lots of what you say are jokes, but in Arkansas ( btw we don't like being called Arkies or Arky) aren't really used to that kind of thing. It's no secret that Arkansas is a poor state and has some of the worst education in the country. I'm sure there are many reasons for these things that we don't need to go into here and I don't fully understand anyway. But what I'm saying is the Hogs mean a whole helluva lot to people in this state. You guys up there have pro teams, several college teams, we have the Hogs and that's it. So when someone makes fun of them, even jokingly, people down here take it real personally like it's a family member. And they really aren't used to the kind of sarcasm that your forum employs. Especially when it comes to stuff like a player that died that hurts a lot.  People down here tend to be very religous and earnest. So when you have hog fans coming on here who don't realize the joke, they seem stupid but really they're just ignorant and lacking exposure. But anyway Arkansas is a good state that has it's share of smart people as well as a few racists and rednecks assholes. But I like to think we give everyone a fair shot whether they're White or mexican(legals anyway) or blacks. In the end you can run your board the way you want to but the kind of reaction you got is probably what your looking for anyways, but if you do want to stop buy an Arkansas board feel free as long as you leave your type of  humor here and just want some good honest discussion. This will probably be my only post here because I don't feel at home here but I wanted to give a little insight and maybe extend and olive tree.

Peace out and WPS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that clarification. War Pig Sooie right back atcha!

Does Kansas have a pro team? Kansas City Chiefs/Royals are in Missouri right? They are as close (miles wise) to a pro team as Arkansas...All they have in Kansas is K State & the Jayhawks man...don't give them too much respect, they aren't the cosmopolitan State they claim to be...

Kansas is cosmopolitan. Not one NASCAR race a year, but two.

No, you guys read COSMOPOLITAN, that's different than being Cosmopolitan...But two races a year is pretty sweet...Mark Martin is from Arkansas...Great dude...
Sgt. Waggoner

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: December 08, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »
Cat Fancy

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: December 08, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »

You know what? You are right.  Sorry to all the Arkansas fans, what can we do to make it up to you?

See that wasn't so hard. And to answer about 3 questions at once... Yes I am a southern belle, no I am not from Arkansas.. And how on earth did I make it sound like I was from Memphis? Louisiana girl.. Born and raised. I just really hate that Arkansas gets no credit. I think they've done great. Their coach could have a better attitude when they lose.. But coach Miles makes decisions that don't always make a lot of sense either.. But what do I know right? I'm just a girl :)
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: December 08, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
See that wasn't so hard. And to answer about 3 questions at once... Yes I am a southern belle, no I am not from Arkansas.. And how on earth did I make it sound like I was from Memphis? Louisiana girl.. Born and raised. I just really hate that Arkansas gets no credit. I think they've done great. Their coach could have a better attitude when they lose.. But coach Miles makes decisions that don't always make a lot of sense either.. But what do I know right? I'm just a girl :)

Don't listen to the haterz. They are just jealous of what we have together. Also, check your PMs  ;)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 08, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »

Wow, LSU would have been my 4th or 5th guess. You should use worse grammar if you want people to just assume you are from Louisiana.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 08, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »
I dated an LSU fangirl once.  :thumbs:

It didn't last very long since she got super crazy jealous when I would talk to another girl.  :blank:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 08, 2011, 02:28:14 PM »

Just wait until LSU crushes Missourah.

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • EMAR..or EPAR...I like the sound of that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 08, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Okay...now on to answer the original question;
No. Playing Arkansas won't do a THING to tarnish the image of your program.

The fact that your school colors are purple and silver (I think that's correct) is a solid, visual testimony that your school really HAD no image to begin with. It's kind of like when someone says how you can't miss what you never had to begin with. The purple panther logo you guys wear is pretty cool, though, in a Arena League sort of way.

How about that mascot.

"Hey do we have enough dough to buy a whole mascot suit? Nah, just buy the headpiece. It's not like anyone cares."

Well....Although it works for us, Big Red isn't winning any mascot costume allsomeness contests...
but either way, I'm sure he would tell you..

"Cool Story, Bro!"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: December 08, 2011, 02:36:05 PM »

Just wait until LSU crushes Missourah.

Pinkel is going to be branded the best coach in the nation in the next 3-4 yrs.  His offense will put up numbers on the sacred SEC defenses that most don't believe possible.  I honestly can't wait until he hits his 50pt pull up point in the middle of the third quarter against LSU and the nation has to explain how that could happen since the "defense in the SEC is the best anywhere". 

"Pfft"  - Gary Pinkel(sober)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »

The fact that your school colors are purple and silver (I think that's correct) is a solid, visual testimony that your school really HAD no image to begin with. It's kind of like when someone says how you can't miss what you never had to begin with. The purple panther logo you guys wear is pretty cool, though, in a Arena League sort of way.

How about that mascot.

"Hey do we have enough dough to buy a whole mascot suit? Nah, just buy the headpiece. It's not like anyone cares."

Well....Although it works for us, Big Red isn't winning any mascot costume allsomeness contests...

"Cool Story, Bro!"

You tell 'em Sliver.
@mikec2w

Offline ReadyToTroll

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:57 PM »

How about that mascot.

are we getting into mascots now?
arkansas has 4 plus the pig in the trailer.
Big Red...who is similar to Willie in the sense that's 'just a headpiece'.
Sue E. the 'female hog' who is apparently famous for costume changes and dancing ability
Pork Chop is the 'kid' mascot.
And least we forget Boss Hog...a nine-foot inflatable mascot voted most annoying in the SEC by ESPNU in 2010.

and to answer your question, yeah, i researched this on wikipedia.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 08, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
JAY! JAY! JAY! JAY! JAY!

Offline Tigergirl4life

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 08, 2011, 02:45:25 PM »

Wow, LSU would have been my 4th or 5th guess. You should use worse grammar if you want people to just assume you are from Louisiana.

Wow.. You know not everyone from Louisiana is an extra on Swamp People...
A Southerner talks music. At least it is music to me, but then I was born in the South.- Mark Twain

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 08, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
 Nuts Kicked you son of a bitch. You watch how you talk to my woman.

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »

How about that mascot.

"Cool Story, Bro!"

You tell 'em Sliver.
I'm sorry. I was just looking after a fellow Hog fan the way someone would look out for the village idiot because of the obviously hypocritical statement he was making. I wasn't in need of a cheerleader. kthanxbai.

Offline Sliver72

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 08, 2011, 02:53:55 PM »

How about that mascot.

Sue E. the 'female hog' who is apparently famous for costume changes and dancing ability
And least we forget Boss Hog...a nine-foot inflatable mascot voted most annoying in the SEC by ESPNU in 2010.

I'll refer you to my post in this thread before this posting. But I will give you a thumbs-up-way-to-go-buddy for at least doing the minimal research before bringing your 2 cents worth.

Offline ArkieRon

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 08, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »
Hey all of you poor pityful Kansas St. fans. After reading most of your brainless remarks about Walmart I did a little research for all of you hayseeds. There are 61 Walmarts in the state of kansas. 8 less than in the State of Arkansas. -8...how ironic. The Razorbacks are giving up 8 points underdogs. And the comments about everyone being poor in Arkansas...Kansas Walmart employees make .20 cents less per hour than employees at Arkansas Walmart employees. Oh, another fact. In ESPN's college bowl pick'em 82%..........82% of voters have picked the Razorbacks over Kansas St. You better be glad there are 61 Walmarts in Kansas...you can get your crying towels cheap there.

Offline ReadyToTroll

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 08, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »

How about that mascot.

I'll refer you to my post in this thread before this posting. But I will give you a thumbs-up-way-to-go-buddy for at least doing the minimal research before bringing your 2 cents worth.

i worked hard on that. typed in wikipedia and everything.
minimal effort, maximum results.