Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927523 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #1050 on: December 05, 2011, 05:15:11 PM »
It would be tough for Arkansas to accept 90% of applicants when you consider that 15% of the state is illiterate. :horrorsurprise:

No i did not make that up.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 05, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
I have to quote Bugs Bunny as it relates to Kansas State:

"Poor Little Maroons...so trusting, so naive".

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 05, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »

Can't you all just bring your best game to DFW, and let the chips fall where they may?

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

Did you pull this from your looney toons jean jacket  :ksu:

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »
Kentucky is #1, get informed

Get real, bro.  You don't lose to Kentucky... you just (maybe) get a L until it gets vacated for cheating.

We beat Kentucky last year. Check those stats old man.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2011-02-23-arkansas-kentucky_N.htm

At first, I thought you were a troll on this board, like me.  Now, I'm convinced you really are that dumb.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

4. What do you think the score will be, if you're being completely honest?

As for my answers to those questions:
1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.
1.  Playing a janky 3rd place team isn't exactly the kind of pub we want for our program at this juncture.  They might associate us with the janky, 3rd place traits that characterize WPS.
2. Janky, 3rd place in own division.
3. 2nd place in the best conference in the country.  
4. 45-17 Cats

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline RightMeow

• Combo-Fan
  • Wind it on up and bet the farm!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:39 PM »
So a Hogs fan told me about this blog. Imagine how surprised to see that people in Kansas had internet access in their backwoods shacks? I mean, I already considered Kansas a pretty ass backwards place considering its an agricultural state and only 3% of our nation's workforce works in ag, but to see these morons thinking K-State will actually beat an SEC team? A joke. And to think that people who lay their heads down at night in the State of Kansas were bashing other states? Surely they jest. I'd also be surprised if Coach AARP doesn't stroke out when Joe Adams houses the first kickoff. I'll be there, the kid wearing the Joseph A Bank red and white striped shirt (yes, that's a clothing company and no, they aren't a subsidiary of Carhartt). So bring it on GDI jersey-wearing, backwoods living, wheat thrashing, crappy highways driving, lameass gameday atmosphere enjoying, cold weather enjoying, 14 bowls all-timing, traditionless scum. We will shut you up then keep thrashing your boards for years.
omg

:lol:

State Dollars Rank
    United States 38,611 (X)
Alabama 32,404 42
Alaska 40,352 15
Arizona 33,029 40
Arkansas 30,060 48
California 41,571 7
Colorado 41,042 10
Connecticut 54,117 1
Delaware 40,608 12
District of Columbia 61,092 (X)
Florida 38,444 20
Georgia 33,457 38
Hawaii 39,239 18
Idaho 31,197 44
Illinois 40,322 16
Indiana 33,616 37
Iowa 35,023 27
Kansas 36,768 22
Kentucky 31,111 46
Louisiana 34,756 31
Maine 33,722 35
Maryland 46,021 5
Massachusetts 49,082 3
Michigan 35,086 26
Minnesota 41,034 11
Mississippi 28,845 50
Missouri 34,389 32
Montana 32,458 41
Nebraska 36,471 24
Nevada 40,480 13
New Hampshire 41,512 8
New Jersey 49,194 2
New Mexico 31,474 43
New York 47,385 4
North Carolina 33,636 36
North Dakota 34,846 29
Ohio 34,874 28
Oklahoma 34,153 33
Oregon 34,784 30
Pennsylvania 38,788 19
Rhode Island 39,463 17
South Carolina 31,013 47
South Dakota 33,905 34
Tennessee 33,280 39
Texas 37,187 21
Utah 31,189 45
Vermont 36,670 23
Virginia 41,347 9
Washington 38,414 14
West Virginia 29,537 49
Wisconsin 36,047 25
Wyoming 43,226 6

Arkansas is really rough ridin' poor.  :lol:
Is that Manhattan?  My God, it's beautiful!

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
Guys, I think going to the Cotton Bowl would be really fun and all, but I'm considering not going now that I know pigaggie will be there too.  I'm really worried about the smell.  Rumor is the stench never comes off your clothes no matter how many times you wash them.  

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 05, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.

You realize Kansas and Arkansas are very close to each other... right?

It's apparently different enough for you to bash at length, so either everything you've said about the State of Arkansas applies to Kansas or they aren't that close. Nice job taking both sides there.
Go Hogs Go

Offline hog4life

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 05, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »
Playing Arkansas won't hurt your "so-called" image but getting your high and mighty butts kicked by us, now that will probably hurt that 'ol image and probably knock you down a few notches where you should be. We are ranked #6 because we earned it!  Only being beaten by #1 and #2. So get off your high horses and play ball.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 05, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
My Arkansas Brethren have apparently found the "bold" function on this forum.  :bait:

As tame as Hogville is compared to this site, when Razorback fans invade another forum, it is full on crazy.  Most come over and are downright stupid and intentionally play up the Arkansas stereotype, it is called a setup, so you talk down to us and drop bombs, whereas they will make you eat crow and (all of the sudden) be extremely articulate and intelligent when collecting said crow.. The worst part of your invitation to us, wasn't that we will be here until January 6th.... it is that we'll be here for years.
Don't believe us?  Ask Ole Miss fans, Ohio State Fans, Eastern Carolina fans.

maybe by then you will "get it."

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 05, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
HEY K-STATE FANS. I know you guys are only good at responding ignorantly to the few ignorant hog fans (based on what I have been reading in this blog), but could one of you legitimately answer my post?:

So, wait a second, I'm obviously an Arkansas fan, but can a true K-State fan answer me a couple questions?

1. How would beating Arkansas (a team ranked above yours in every poll, a team widely regarded as having a more storied history, and a team favored to win) hurt the image of your program in any way? I thought wins against good teams were a good thing for your program, but maybe things are different in Kansas.

2. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Arkansas Razorback football team, if you're being completely honest?

3. How do you think America/the college football landscape views the Kansas State football team, if you're being completely honest?

1. It doesn't. It would be a huge win for K-State to beat Arkansas, who many see as the 3rd best team in the SEC (who pretty much everyone agrees is the strongest conference in CFB). There would be literally nothing but positives for K-State if they were able to pull off this upset.

2. I think they see them as a strong team in the strongest conference. They see them as right there in that 2nd tier of great teams (Bama and LSU being at the top), alongside teams like Oregon, Ok State, Stanford (begrudgingly), and maybe Boise.

3. I think they see them as an underdog who have had a great season under a great coach. They're probably in the 3rd tier of CFB teams with the likes of South Carolina, Wisconsin, Va Tech, and Baylor.

4. I think Arkansas will definitely win, but it won't be a huge blowout. I see K-State putting up a good fight for a half or so, then Arkansas' great passing offense and NFL quality receivers running wild over K-State's less than stellar pass D. Klein running the ball will be the majority of K-State's offense (Arkansas has a poor run defense, and isn't very good with mobile QBs).

But I'd like to hear a K-State fan's honest views, because I've only ever met 1 or two (despite living all over the country and overseas).

I'm assuming (and hoping for your own sake) that this whole blog topic is a joke, but if it isn't, please answer these questions for me.

I can't give this post its due diligence...I'll miss out on like 40 posts or something.

Then just answer me this:
1. How do you think America views K-State football?
2. How do you think America views Arkansas Razorback football?
3. How would playing the Hogs be bad for the Wildcats (if they were to pull off the upset and win)?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 05, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Guys, I think going to the Cotton Bowl would be really fun and all, but I'm considering not going now that I know pigaggie will be there too.  I'm really worried about the smell.  Rumor is the stench never comes off your clothes no matter how many times you wash them.  

Rub some Meat Goat dung in your nostrils and you should make it out alright.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 05, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »
Playing Arkansas won't hurt your "so-called" image but getting your high and mighty butts kicked by us, now that will probably hurt that 'ol image and probably knock you down a few notches where you should be. We are ranked #6 because we earned it!  Only being beaten by #1 and #2. So get off your high horses and play ball.

hello hog4life, I'm not sure you realize this...but we(goEMAW) will not be playing in the Cotton Bowl.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 05, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
Wait wait a second.  Are you guyses all alumneses or what?  Are the diplomas printed on pig skin?  

Offline oldy hawg

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 05, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »
What a shame...

I don't think the tone of kslimlb3's and some other posts is necessary, but you K-State fans who have posted on this site do kind of deserve it.

I have seen nothing on Arkansas sites posting negatively about K-State. Quite the opposite, the comments I have seen have been respectful and complementary of K-State. Likely not any more since this blog/board has spewed out so much ignorance and insult. So, you might as well brace yourself. I hope most Razorback fans like myself will keep a respectful and intelligent tone, but I wouldn't count on it.

In the meanwhile you can look at the reality posted below on where our two programs level of success ranks nationally and compares to each other. Funny, when I heard we were playing K-State I thought gee... wish we were playing someone with a better national reputation. Then I thought... you know K-State is pretty salty this year. That may be a tough game.

I don't think there is any need for hostility. K-State has a very good team this year. It is very likely that Arkansas will beat K-State. However, K-State is very competitive and it appears to me that they have character not to quit fighting until the game is over. So, I would not be surprised if K-State won - but I think it is very unlikely if Arkansas plays a decent game.  If U of A is off, then K-State may beat them.

Before ignorance continues to rule the day on this K-State fan sight please take a look at reality and wake up.

Arkansas Razorback Football's history / record by far eclipses K-State.
The statements on this board are quite delusional.
The only category that K-State bests UofA is post season % - this is in part because K-State has played in so many fewer post season games (Ark 30, K-State 17)
Arkansas Razorback's winning percentage almost doubles that of K-State.

One of the reasons why these K-State posts on this board are so egregiously ignorant is because historically there is no comparison. K-State doesn't come anywhere close to U of A.
If it were not for Coach Snyder, K-State would not even be respectable.

According to - http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_1a.htm

# Games   REGULAR-SEASON         POST-SEASON          OVER-ALL   
Arkansas Razorbacks
                                                   721      458   251   12   .644        13   25   2   .350      471   276   14  .628   

Kansas State Wildcats
                                                   718      278   432     8   .393          7   10   0   .412         285   442   8  .393     

Arkansas Razorbacks -  has 1 National Championship, 13 conference championships, 45 All-Americans

Kansas State Wildcats - has 5 conference titles, 11  All-Americans

ESPN Counts Down College Football's Most Prestigious Teams
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3846173
* Arkansas Razorbacks #19
* K-State Wildcats #76

Please also compare conferences (Where is Big 12 ranked?):

REGULAR-SEASON                       POST-SEASON                           OVER-ALL   
                     LEAGUE                           G                   W            L             T   AVE.       W     L   T   AVE.        W               L       T      AVE.   
1.   Southeastern Conference       8,633       4,945   3,473   215   .585       208   185   10   .529       5,153   3,658   225   .583   
2.   Big Ten Conference                  8,447       4,666   3,594   187   .563       147   155   3   .487         4,813   3,749   190   .561   
3.   Atlantic Coast Conference       8,572       4,602   3,803   167   .547       155   144   5   .518         4,757   3,947   172   .546   
4.   Pacific Twelve Conference      8,617       4,613   3,818   186   .546       132   119   2   .526         4,745   3,937   188   .546   
5.   Big East Conference                5,087       2,690   2,318   79   .537            60   58   2   .508            2,750   2,376   81   .536   
6.   Big Twelve Conference           7,203       3,785   3,264   154   .536       132   130   3   .504          3,917   3,394   157   .535   

Offline farmerchip

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
Wait wait a second.  Are you guyses all alumneses or what?  Are the diplomas printed on pig skin?  

Mine was hand-wrote.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
Then just answer me this:
1. How do you think America views K-State football?
2. How do you think America views Arkansas Razorback football?
3. How would playing the Hogs be bad for the Wildcats (if they were to pull off the upset and win)?

1. LHC Bill Snyder is old
2. SEC afterthought
3. KSU wins/Bill appoints Sean as HCIW
- chunkles

Offline K-State Is Great!

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 05, 2011, 05:21:11 PM »

ESPN Counts Down College Football's Most Prestigious Teams
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3846173
* Arkansas Razorbacks #19
* K-State Wildcats #76

All that needs to be said about that, Go Hogs
Go Hogs Go

Offline ShoelessWes

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 05, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
My Arkansas Brethren have apparently found the "bold" function on this forum.  :bait:

As tame as Hogville is compared to this site, when Razorback fans invade another forum, it is full on crazy.  Most come over and are downright stupid and intentionally play up the Arkansas stereotype, it is called a setup, so you talk down to us and drop bombs, whereas they will make you eat crow and (all of the sudden) be extremely articulate and intelligent when collecting said crow.. The worst part of your invitation to us, wasn't that we will be here until January 6th.... it is that we'll be here for years.
Don't believe us?  Ask Ole Miss fans, Ohio State Fans, Eastern Carolina fans.

maybe by then you will "get it."

I already have it.  The others, if past is an indicator, may never.

Offline REL

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 05, 2011, 05:21:46 PM »
You know playing Arkansas WILL hurt your program, you guys really dont stand a chance against a team like ours. The only teams that have any respect from the BIG 12 are Texas and Oklahoma. K-State and the rest of them should be playing High School teams. Far too much crap talking from the joke that is your sports program. This particular thread is being passed around the state of Arkansas faster than your mothers were in High School. Now our news media is laughing at you too....so sad

Oh and by the way calling us racists is pretty rough ridin' stupid since this forum has a KKK avatar, thats pretty lame....suck it up guys, and get used to ass kickings!!! Go Hogs!

Offline kb303

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 05, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
Just a few snipets from some sports sites talking about the 2012 Cotton Bowl. Enjoy!

However, even amidst a growing challenge from multiple conferences, the Southeastern Conference, or SEC, still appears the most talented and toughest conference in all of college football.
Unlike most conferences, where only a team or two dominate, the SEC provides challenges for teams in the conference on a weekly basis. Even the lower quality teams in the division, such as Vanderbilt and Kentucky, in no way prove easy victories for opponents. The last five BCS National Champions hail from the SEC. Florida 2006, LSU 2007, Florida 2008, Alabama 2009, Auburn 2010. Other conferences such as the Big-12 do provide some challenge to the supremacy of the SEC. After all, the Big-12 is itself laden with powerhouses such as Oklahoma and Texas. However, unlike the SEC, a number of teams in the Big-12 do not measure up to the broad range of talent evident in the SEC. Numerous teams in the conference such as Baylor, Texas A&M, Missouri, Colorado and Kansas State mathematically and skill wise do match up with the weakest teams in the SEC.

Arkansas enters the Cotton Bowl with a 10-2 record and leading the SEC in passing offense (307.8), total offense (445.8) and ranked 2nd in the league in scoring offense (37.4). Also the Razorbacks are 3-0 all-time in Cowboys Stadium with victories in the Southwest Classic each of the last three seasons.

Arkansas's only loses are to the top two teams in the country, LSU and Alabama, who also happen to be the same two teams ahead of them in the SEC-West which is considered the better half of the stacked SEC the toughest football conference in the NCAA.

Offline Marine1

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 05, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
I'm not a fan of either team, but I will say on paper things do not look good for K State

Ark passing offense is 13th and K States passing defense is 104th.  That doesn't make for a good match up.

Ark's total offense and total defense are also rated much higher than K-State's.

On paper this is a one sided match-up in favor of Arkansas.

Although it hasn't been a very good indicator this year in determining the outcome of Q@z football games so far this year, we thank you for your impartial examination of the "on-paper" matchup. And also for the American hero thing too!!!!  Welcome to the board Marine1!

:ksu:

Thanks.  The match-up on paper is the only real thing there is to go on until the game is played.  Both teams have had a good year and it should be a very good game to watch either way it turns out. :popcorn:

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 05, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

ARKANSAS- 42
KANSAS- 10

I don't know if you know this Marilyn...but we(goEMAW) will not actually be playing in the Cotton Bowl. Just a heads up.

Well, since so many have seemed to be trying to represent the state, I just figured....
Regardless:  Can't both teams (is that better clarification, "stud"?) just bring their best game to the field, and let what happens happen?

I don't represent the U of A Razorbacks.  But, I'm Arkansas born and I take an enormous amount of umbrage with the amount of nastiness some of you all have posted.
Thanks to whoever pulled the "tribute" to Garrett.  It was totally uncalled for, vile, nasty and mean spirited!
Don't pick on a kid who passed away too soon... :curse:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 05, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »

Yea well they let everyone in KSU.  Their acceptance rate is 98.5%.  Arkansas is 60.5%.  

I'd have to let everyone in too if my University was in the bad person of America, the American Midwest.

You realize Kansas and Arkansas are very close to each other... right?

It's apparently different enough for you to bash at length, so either everything you've said about the State of Arkansas applies to Kansas or they aren't that close. Nice job taking both sides there.

It's more of the people within the state......

Offline NaturalState

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 05, 2011, 05:23:28 PM »

1.  Playing a janky 3rd place team isn't exactly the kind of pub we want for our program at this juncture.  They might associate us with the janky, 3rd place traits that characterize WPS.
2. Janky, 3rd place in own division.
3. 2nd place in the best conference in the country.  
4. 45-17 Cats

So you are HONESTLY and UNBIASEDLY telling me that you think the Big 12 is better than the SEC? AND you think that is the way America sees it too? I feel that the title game would say otherwise.....