Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 936044 times)

Offline KSUXS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #725 on: December 05, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
nice 7 point win over 6-6 iowa st!! YOU POWERHOUSE YOU  :ksu:

Hey, they beat Kansas too! What an offense!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 05, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=17211.50 real classy K-state Fans...

take it up with the posters who posted in that thread. not us.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kingofdequeen

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • all extremists should be shot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 05, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
ashamed of what? i didnt even post in that thread, i say my t's and p's in silent to myself. its a tribute thread, i thought it was a nice gesture

kind of like when i DON'T creampie your mom?  

i do it b/c i care.

Offline KShartUniv

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
K SHART UNIVERSITY.....Maybe you can fire Bill and hire him back again.

Offline Jack B Pimple

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
Greetings from 'other' Manhattan,
No. The answer, Cat fans, is...no, playing the University of Arkansas in the bloody Cotton Bowl (which has the evening all to itself) only enhances your reputation. I mean honestly, the childishness on this board..even for the internet...sorry, (I don't want to fight Kansas State peoples! I went through the reg process and "assembled the image..." - mine was a house) I'm not from Arkansas, I'm not going to tell you where I'm from, but it isn't Arkansas, or New York and, certainly isn't Lawrence, KS either. Many other posters, most of them Akransas fans it would seem, have pointed out the several material respects in which the the Razorbacks (as they are presently composed) are superior to your Wildcats - (ibid). I was living in 'other Manhattan' last year when the KSU crew were very cruelly denied a rightful victory in the Pinstripe Bowl - you guys remember. Point is, the Razorbacks were in the Sugar Bowl, in the BCS, and while they ended up playing a lousy first half, folowed by a typically frantic, impressive, comeback during which they blocked a punt, right? and then Mallet wound up being picked, I beleieve. They lost anyway. Ohio State were honeycombed by corruption and graft. The game was memorable for little else. When one compares the Texas A&M games, one recalls that your dudes nearly gave it away and that Mike Sherman's frightful, jelly-legged bungling, a boot PI call in the endzone rather gifted that game to you. The Razorbacks took their win from the Aggies, just snatched it and ate of it, supped of it. Certainly the missed figgie against Vandy was most fortuitous for them, but Vandy are a decent team, little Rodgers is a gamer and they play smart those commiedoors. Now, how did I see the ARK - Vandy game? Because in New York, new york gets all the finest entertainments and the MSG network which broadcasts the Knicks, Rangers etc. also broadcasts one SEC game each week.(occassional big 12 games on deeper fox sports affiliate - your shaky win against ISU being one) Time Warner Cable pay a little bit more for the rights each year, each term, and are happy to do it, because the SEC is the premier conference, the game, the sport of college football at its finest. This circumstance is temporary, but it is a certaintity - dig and be cognisant...hold in that rage...the SEC is what you might call 'a going concern,' while the Big 12{-4 (+TCU)} is in a state of transition..shall we say. We shall, because we are being politic. Recruiting prospects suffer since young men are less willing to sit on the sidelines, take the redshirt, at KSU (Baylor et al.) because the conference is in a state of flux, and Texas isn't Texas exactly, and we see that Oklahoma are always one injury away from being undermanned...you get it. I mean Texas scored exactly 5 points against Missouri, my god. And yes, teams in the NCAA can improve very quickly, and devolve just as quickly, so weeks are occassionaly months - legal idiom? Boring myself now...NOW HEAR THIS WITH YOUR EYES: If you beat these Razorbacks you should consider yourselves lucky. If you don't see the value you in it that is on you. It has been a long time, most of a decade, since KSU football did much of anything, not since Sproles and Freeman (q. morgan? drafted by then?) furiously slapped'd'd the Sooners in the now defunct B12 Championship Game '03, was it? So, I should think a little gratitude and good cheer is in order. Or is that not your thing? You definitely restablished yourselves this year. However, this mincing about " national recognizability " surveys etc is transparent and petty. Never quote that survey in public ever again - seriously guys, I want to respect you.

love, love, love,
a fellow human

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
ATTENTION EVERYONE: timeout for bitb

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:29 PM »
So, why did you guys fire Mangino again? Sure, he was a fat bastard, but he won some games.

He couldn't win a conference championship for us. We didn't care about the orange bowl and bcs games, just want the conf champs.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 05, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
KSU sucks at the hogs tit

new favorite username
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 05, 2011, 02:13:28 PM »
Only in the Big 12 do they need to start a "troll" blog to talk trash...trolling is gay k state, come to a real conference and play real college football teams and then come and giggle on these stupid blogs.  The SEC is elite...the only thing we do is win to prove our dominance...oh and were 100% classier than you morons any day of the week.

classy huh? Then why would you let this guy, a fellow RAZORBACK fan no less...try to kill Alabama's trees??? WHY??

hey bro, you ever hear his call in? he says ROLL DAMN TIDE both times. How in the world does that make him an Arkansas fan? and he named his kids Bear Bryant and Alli-Bama

I can honestly say that after being around this board for the past couple of years  :cheers: CHEERS BOYZ!! HOOK, LINE AND SINKA!!!!! :bait: :emawkid: :emawkid:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 05, 2011, 02:13:33 PM »
Well, folks, I found this thread only because a long-time sports writer I know posted it on Facebook with the following quote ...
"Kansas State has emerged as the clear leader for most delusional fan base in the country."

No one can dispute that the SEC is the strongest conference in the NCAA in football, as they now will have six consecutive national championships. Yes, the Big 12 is strong in their own right, but the way things have been going do we honestly expect that conference to even exist much longer?

Let's stop with all the insults and trolling and take a look at some of the facts in this match-up:

2011 Overall FBS Rankings

Passing yards: Arkansas, 13th overall with 307.8 ypg; Kansas St. 109th with 149.8 ypg - Advantage: Arkansas
Rushing yards: Arkansas, 81st overall with 138.1 ypg; Kansas St. 29th with 193.7 ypg - Advantage: Kansas St.
Points for: Arkansas, 15th overall with 37.4 ppg; Kansas St. 30th overall with 33.1 ppg - Advantage: Arkansas
Points against: Arkansas, 37th with 22.8 ppg; Kansas St. 71st with 27.8 - Advantage: Arkansas

Now let's look at the schedules, with games against opponents who were ranked at the time of game:
Arkansas
Lost to #3 Alabama
Beat #14 Texas A&M
Beat #15 Auburn
Beat #9 South Carolina
Lost to #1 LSU

Kansas St.
Beat #15 Baylor
Lost to #9 Oklahoma
Lost to #3 Oklahoma State
Beat #23 Texas

Looks to me like Arkansas has everything, except perhaps your rushing advantage, going its way in this match-up.  And you Kansans want to talk about "Oh, we are going to lose respect by playing a team like Arkansas?"  Let's keep the talk about football programs and not about corn, cows, pigs or inbreeding.  :rolleyes:

Arkansas was obviously getting more respect this year than KSU was.  UA was ranked 15th in AP and 14th in USA Today in preseason. KSU is nowhere to be found. Not that I put any stock in preseason polls (personally, I think they should be abolished) but they at least show you who the pundits are giving respect to.  Kansas State didn't show up in either poll until Week Six. Thankfully, by the time the BCS comes out things are starting to take shape and KSU was given some respect at #11. Arkansas was #9. However, while the highest BCS ranking KSU got was #8 (held twice, by the way), Arkansas had moved up to #3.

This led to all the talk in college football news circles being about the dominance of the SEC. After all, they had the top three teams in the nation at one time. Arkansas was even being discussed as a possibility for getting into the National Championship game if they were to pull the upset over LSU. (Yeah, like that was going to happen. Arkansas did put LSU in their biggest deficit of the year, but got spanked in the end.)

Now... if you've actually read all of this and haven't just skimmed it quickly looking for the first thing you can troll...

All of this was written not for me to pound my chest and say "We Arkansas ... Kill KSU!"  It is simply to address the original question and respond, in summary ... Are you nuts?  How can playing a team that was considered a possible championship contender, who has been ranked all year long and was as high as #3, and who most people are recognizing are building an excellent program right now under Petrino, POSSIBLY hurt KSU?

Oh, and for the record fellas ... I'm the buffer here ... I live in Missouri.  :tongue:

yeah nobody cares about you or your sports writer friend

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 05, 2011, 02:14:06 PM »
No. The answer, Cat fans, is...no, playing the University of Arkansas in the bloody Cotton Bowl (which has the evening all to itself) only enhances your reputation. I mean honestly, the childishness on this board..even for the internet...sorry, (I don't want to fight Kansas State peoples! I went through the reg process and "assembled the image..." - mine was a house) I'm not from Arkansas, I'm not going to tell you where I'm from, but it isn't Arkansas, or New York and, certainly isn't Lawrence, KS either. Many other posters, most of them Akransas fans it would seem, have pointed out the several material respects in which the the Razorbacks (as they are presently composed) are superior to your Wildcats - (ibid). I was living in 'other Manhattan' last year when the KSU crew were very cruelly denied a rightful victory in the Pinstripe Bowl - you guys remember. Point is, the Razorbacks were in the Sugar Bowl, in the BCS, and while they ended up playing a lousy first half, folowed by a typically frantic, impressive, comeback during which they blocked a punt, right? and then Mallet wound up being picked, I beleieve. They lost anyway. Ohio State were honeycombed by corruption and graft. The game was memorable for little else. When one compares the Texas A&M games, one recalls that your dudes nearly gave it away and that Mike Sherman's frightful, jelly-legged bungling, a boot PI call in the endzone rather gifted that game to you. The Razorbacks took their win from the Aggies, just snatched it and ate of it, supped of it. Certainly the missed figgie against Vandy was most fortuitous for them, but Vandy are a decent team, little Rodgers is a gamer and they play smart those commiedoors. Now, how did I see the ARK - Vandy game? Because in New York, new york gets all the finest entertainments and the MSG network which broadcasts the Knicks, Rangers etc. also broadcasts one SEC game each week.(occassional big 12 games on deeper fox sports affiliate - your shaky win against ISU being one) Time Warner Cable pay a little bit more for the rights each year, each term, and are happy to do it, because the SEC is the premier conference, the game, the sport of college football at its finest. This circumstance is temporary, but it is a certaintity - dig and be cognisant...hold in that rage...the SEC is what you might call 'a going concern,' while the Big 12{-4 (+TCU)} is in a state of transition..shall we say. We shall, because we are being politic. Recruiting prospects suffer since young men are less willing to sit on the sidelines, take the redshirt, at KSU (Baylor et al.) because the conference is in a state of flux, and Texas isn't Texas exactly, and we see that Oklahoma are always one injury away from being undermanned...you get it. I mean Texas scored exactly 5 points against Missouri, my god. And yes, teams in the NCAA can improve very quickly, and devolve just as quickly, so weeks are occassionaly months - legal idiom? Boring myself now...NOW HEAR THIS WITH YOUR EYES: If you beat these Razorbacks you should consider yourselves lucky. If you don't see the value you in it that is on you. It has been a long time, most of a decade, since KSU football did much of anything, not since Sproles and Freeman (q. morgan? drafted by then?) furiously slapped'd'd the Sooners in the now defunct B12 Championship Game '03, was it? So, I should think a little gratitude and good cheer is in order. Or is that not your thing? You definitely restablished yourselves this year. However, this mincing about " national recognizability " surveys etc is transparent and petty. Never quote that survey in public ever again - seriously guys, I want to respect you.

love, love, love,
a fellow human

In what fresh hell would someone actually read that giant block of text?
 :sdeek:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:17 PM »
So, why did you guys fire Mangino again? Sure, he was a fat bastard, but he won some games.

i like where your head is at. but Mangino did actually used to coach at KSU. keep trying, you'll get it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 05, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »

love, love, love,
a fellow human

I know, I barely made it through the first line.  Yikes. 

Offline KShartUniv

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 05, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »
I care..i love real stats...blow us K Shart Univ

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 05, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »

love, love, love,
a fellow human

this guy

is getting a lot of use today.

Offline one/64th

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=17211.50 real classy K-state Fans...

My favorite part of this thread is when they tell K-State fans how horrible we all are because OKCat likes making light of people dying and then making a remark just as horrible back to all K-State fans.  ie. Westboro, Dylan Meier, LHCBS being a pedophile etc. 

For the record, I am totally against making light of death.  I am also totally against making light of child exploitation, gay rights, etc.  And I thought hogs had thick skin.  Guess not.

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 05, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

love, love, love,
a fellow human

At least we agree on one thing..

Offline MarilynKay

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »

love, love, love,
a fellow human

I Love you Man (or Woman)!  Not because you seem to favor the Arkansas arguments, but because you seem fairly intelligent!

Offline Fayettechill

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 05, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
Why are your colors purple and gray? Are you TRYING to copy UCA?

Offline wildhog

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 05, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »
KSU fan says, "We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it."   
Are you kidding me??   wildhog

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 05, 2011, 02:20:24 PM »

love, love, love,
a fellow human

I Love you Man (or Woman)!  Not because you seem to favor the Arkansas arguments, but because you seem fairly intelligent!

intelligent is making words running those words together into sentences and eventually making a paragraph. the return or enter button can be your friend

Offline Big Red

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 05, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
Hate to break the news to you people, but you speak pretty confidently for a team picked to finish in the bottom half of a mediocre conference and has a one-dimensional offense. I'm sorry, but Arkansas is going to take your team behind the woodshed and bury the shovel with them. You will be LUCKY if you don't lose by 30+. Truth.  :comehere:

honest question:  when was the last time arkansas won a championship of any kind?

Honest question: When was the last time Kansas State EVER a championship?

I mean EVER.

Offline kingofdequeen

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
  • all extremists should be shot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 05, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »
KSU fan says, "We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it."   
Are you kidding me??   wildhog

you are not Wildhog.  the real Wildhog i know and love isn't so goddamn stupid to not know they're getting trolled - and poorly.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Why are your colors purple and gray? Are you TRYING to copy UCA?

Rutgers?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 05, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
Are you kidding me??   wildhog

For the love of God, Pig Aggie fans.  Please SIGN YOUR POSTS like this guy did.  He is a goEMAW Model Citizen.