Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 936066 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #675 on: December 05, 2011, 01:42:40 PM »
The Associated Press All-SEC team is out. Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson, WR Jarius Wright, WR Joe Adams (all-purpose) earn 1st team honors.

never heard of em

climb out from under the cow ass you're living under and you will.

no i am not drunk, yes i know who we are playing. the fighting hedgehogs form arkansas pine bluff duh, you need to read better

i knew alabama was good but three first teamers is impressive, congrats

Alabama? Are you drunk? Did you forget which team you're playing against?

Wow. I don't even have words for the stupidty coming from your mouth.
nice.

also the stupidity is coming from my brain to my fingers not my mouth

anyways cant wait to play you guys, heard some rumblings that you actually let the hedgehog run out onto the field and pick up the tee after kick offs. thats just impressive

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Only in the Big 12 do they need to start a "troll" blog to talk trash...trolling is gay k state, come to a real conference and play real college football teams and then come and giggle on these stupid blogs.  The SEC is elite...the only thing we do is win to prove our dominance...oh and were 100% classier than you morons any day of the week.

I agree, Duke and UNC are both really great basketball programs.  It must be rough playing them every year but at least you get to return the favor by beating up on their weak football teams  :drool:

Offline wholehawg99

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »
As a lifelong hogfan, but more importantly a sports fan, I keep track of all major programs, conferences, etc. We're all excited about the matchup and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we both deserved to be in BCS bowls this year. Not only because of BCS rankings and records, but both teams lost to Top 10 teams from their conference. With stellar QB's and receivers, this will be the marquee non-BCS bowl of the year. It'll have lots of scoring and even for the average fan will be a great game to watch. LHC Bill Snyder is a legendary coach, and props to him.

I have to say I'm confused by some of the smack talk. I understand some friendly banter, even a little hate, but I don't recall ever seeing so much misinformation.

Georgia Tech is not in our conference

Houston Nutt is no longer our coach

...and as for the lame hillbilly stereotypes, it's obvious that the people making those statements have never visited our beautiful state. I believe we are the epitomy of Southern Hospitality. It's good to see fans passionate about your program, but let's try to be realistic instead of acting like you're being punished or slumming by "having" to play us. Show some class, because I know most Kansans do.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
Only in the Big 12 do they need to start a "troll" blog to talk trash...trolling is gay k state, come to a real conference and play real college football teams and then come and giggle on these stupid blogs.  The SEC is elite...the only thing we do is win to prove our dominance...oh and were 100% classier than you morons any day of the week.

classy huh? Then why would you let this guy, a fellow RAZORBACK fan no less...try to kill Alabama's trees??? WHY??

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Professor Farnsworth

• Fan
  • Good News Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »
The Associated Press All-SEC team is out. Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson, WR Jarius Wright, WR Joe Adams (all-purpose) earn 1st team honors.

never heard of em

no i am not drunk, yes i know who we are playing. the fighting hedgehogs form arkansas pine bluff duh, you need to read better
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome.
If anyone needs me I'll be in the angry dome.

Offline w88pigs88ie

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 05, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »

never heard of em

nice.

anyways cant wait to play you guys, heard some rumblings that you actually let the hedgehog run out onto the field and pick up the tee after kick offs. thats just impressive

so sorry I didn't proofread. Are you an English major?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:02 PM »
You know, I think Houston Nutt would be a GREAT fit for Kansas.  He's desperate for a job, and well...you guys are just desperate! :thumbsup:

I've been through Kansas.  If you can get past all the cattle feed lots (and the stench associated with cow crap) there's a strange desolate beauty in all that flat prairie.  Of course, I prefer the mountains, hence why I loved living in NW Arkansas.   And living in Helena, MT (you know, where Bobby Petrino grew up and played ball?  Bobby's daddy is the nicest guy!) I get lots of mountains.  All that said, can't we just play some football?  Wouldn't that settle the debate?  I mean if Kansas can manage to make it a close game before they lose, they will most definitely benefit from playing Arkansas.  Of course, when we run up the score, poor Kansas.  Wow!  I just realized I feel sorry for Kansas.

I think MarilynKay is my favorite one. Anybody else have a fave?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
Ya do understand that Arkansas is goin to win by 30 pts! They're sec and KSU is big 12(actually everyone is leaving that weak conference)

That's what rats do when they are on a ship that is going very fast.  They jump ship.

Offline SwineFlew

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
Georgia Tech is not in our conference

Houston Nutt is no longer our coach

Shirley you jest?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:56 PM »
To be fair, I think of Arkansasites as more gasoline huffers than hillbillies.

Offline TXHOG

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
It has already been established in this and another thread that PETE is ate up with dumbass. :bwpopcorn:

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
Maybe w88pigs88ie is reverse trolling us all...  :horrorsurprise: :bait:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »

never heard of em

nice.

so sorry I didn't proofread. Are you an English major?

unfortunately they dont teach english at under cows ass u or i would have JUMPED on that chance

Offline KStatewillbedestroyed

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Arkansas will prevail come January 6th. This needs to be understood and accepted by all of you perfect crystal clear flat-landers. I shall recap for all of these statements and remarks. Arkansas is a state where people respect their neighbors no matter who they are: black, white, yellow, red, rich or poor. Because we were raised better than that through southern hospitality. Something that Kansas cannot begin to fathom. We are not racist by any means regardless of our history of the KKK being located in Northern Arkansas. No denying it, its out there. However, this is about the Arkansas football program where we have a black OC and a black basketball head coach and with a vast majority of players being black. I can hardly see how that is considered racist as a school. Now, since you Kansas folk are so dang hooten-nannie book smart, I'd like for y'all to explain where the racist comes in. Yes, the founder of Wal-Mart lived as a humble man in Northwest Arkansas and once he passed, the company was handed to dirty, stingy, and selfish bureaucrats whom which changed how America looked upon the empire.   On to this cousin nonsense, if you were "intelligent" you would know that Arkansas doesn't allow cousins to marry. However, there are several others state that do. And one of those states that you would much rather play in a bowl game because they are such a more respectable and clean slated program allows cousins to marry. That elite program being Alabama. Others include Florida, California, Georgia, and South Carolina. But since these programs have a winning history, you are willing to look past their inbred ways. Also known as a trade-off.

Now, just like every other board that is started for Arkansas football, all of these are posted against us so we are more or less used to it because it has nothing to do with football and it lets us know that our opponent is classless enough to sweep that low in order to make themselves look more prestigious. Now, you keep saying how this game will hurt your school's 'prestigious" name. Well you would be correct. Because when you loose to those hillbilly inbreds, you will look pathetic. And in the nation's eyes we have obviously proven that we belong in the spotlight, seeing as our lowest rank was 15 after falling to Bama and our highest being #3 after the BCS tumbled during late in the season. Now if you were such a famous school, you would probably have better stats to show for right? One would think that stats are a direct, unbiased reflection of how you play the game. Arkansas destroys KState on all but one stat-running. In this case its only by a margin of 60 or so yards per game difference. Until you beat the Hogs come January 6th, your precious rep will be destroyed. WPS

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #689 on: December 05, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
HUR HUR HUR  :shakesfist:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 05, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
like winning all those conference titles!!!  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu: but with a pig

Way to win by proxy!!!!!!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 05, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »
You know, I think Houston Nutt would be a GREAT fit for Kansas.  He's desperate for a job, and well...you guys are just desperate! :thumbsup:

I've been through Kansas.  If you can get past all the cattle feed lots (and the stench associated with cow crap) there's a strange desolate beauty in all that flat prairie.  Of course, I prefer the mountains, hence why I loved living in NW Arkansas.   And living in Helena, MT (you know, where Bobby Petrino grew up and played ball?  Bobby's daddy is the nicest guy!) I get lots of mountains.  All that said, can't we just play some football?  Wouldn't that settle the debate?  I mean if Kansas can manage to make it a close game before they lose, they will most definitely benefit from playing Arkansas.  Of course, when we run up the score, poor Kansas.  Wow!  I just realized I feel sorry for Kansas.

I think MarilynKay is my favorite one. Anybody else have a fave?

That was a fantastic post by MarilyKay. Oh, those mountains of northwest Arkansas. :love:

Offline w88pigs88ie

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:18 PM »
Maybe w88pigs88ie is reverse trolling us all...  :horrorsurprise: :bait:

:confused: i'm not "reverse trolling" Arkansas in any way.

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »
 :peek:
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline HawgustusCaesar

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
In 2005, Kansas State offered to rename their dilapidated stadium in honor of their then overaged coach, LHC Bill Snyder.  When told of the impending honor, Snyder said, "Tell them to name the stadium after the people who are most important to me."  That's why the stadium is now called, "The LHC Bill Snyder Vulnerable Youths Stadium."

It's on Wikipedia.

Offline KStatewillbedestroyed

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:12 PM »
Arkansas will prevail come January 6th. This needs to be understood and accepted by all of you perfect crystal clear flat-landers. I shall recap for all of these statements and remarks. Arkansas is a state where people respect their neighbors no matter who they are: black, white, yellow, red, rich or poor. Because we were raised better than that through southern hospitality. Something that Kansas cannot begin to fathom. We are not racist by any means regardless of our history of the KKK being located in Northern Arkansas. No denying it, its out there. However, this is about the Arkansas football program where we have a black OC and a black basketball head coach and with a vast majority of players being black. I can hardly see how that is considered racist as a school. Now, since you Kansas folk are so dang hooten-nannie book smart, I'd like for y'all to explain where the racist comes in. Yes, the founder of Wal-Mart lived as a humble man in Northwest Arkansas and once he passed, the company was handed to dirty, stingy, and selfish bureaucrats whom which changed how America looked upon the empire.   On to this cousin nonsense, if you were "intelligent" you would know that Arkansas doesn't allow cousins to marry. However, there are several others state that do. And one of those states that you would much rather play in a bowl game because they are such a more respectable and clean slated program allows cousins to marry. That elite program being Alabama. Others include Florida, California, Georgia, and South Carolina. But since these programs have a winning history, you are willing to look past their inbred ways. Also known as a trade-off.

Now, just like every other board that is started for Arkansas football, all of these are posted against us so we are more or less used to it because it has nothing to do with football and it lets us know that our opponent is classless enough to sweep that low in order to make themselves look more prestigious. Now, you keep saying how this game will hurt your school's 'prestigious" name. Well you would be correct. Because when you loose to those hillbilly inbreds, you will look pathetic. And in the nation's eyes we have obviously proven that we belong in the spotlight, seeing as our lowest rank was 15 after falling to Bama and our highest being #3 after the BCS tumbled during late in the season. Now if you were such a famous school, you would probably have better stats to show for right? One would think that stats are a direct, unbiased reflection of how you play the game. Arkansas destroys KState on all but one stat-running. In this case its only by a margin of 60 or so yards per game difference. Until you beat the Hogs come January 6th, your precious rep will be destroyed. WPS

Offline smart_gal

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
This is pitiful.
No, playing Arkansas won't 'tarnish' your record. On the other hand, getting beaten by us will.
I hope that y'all don't really believe any of the garbage that has been posted. If you do, well..
Now, get off the flame thread and stop all your smack talk. I think you have a game you should be getting ready for.

BE CLASSY, KANSAS.
See ya in Dallas!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:50 PM »
Okay, can I delete my thread?

Offline KSUSUCKS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 05, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
how is it that a team that won by 3 at home to W Kentucky, got destroyed by Oklahoma at home, and beat Iowa State by 7  even possibly talk crap to a team that lost to the two best teams in the nation ON THE ROAD!!!!! and killed the top 10 So carolina team.
You have one top 25 win against Baylor, get real guys. be thankful you can be associated with our program and the SEC for this one game.

Offline SECGOHOGS

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 05, 2011, 01:53:02 PM »

This Board just shows how mental Challenged you are!!! Do you guys in keep up with college football! Arkansas has been ranked in the top 15 all year long! Arkansas was ranked third in the BCS before playing LSU! The only two loses we have we against Rank 1 and 2 in the Nation! You should be proud to play such a great SEC team! What you are going to see is Arkansas destroy you weak program on the field!