Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 927533 times)

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #475 on: December 05, 2011, 12:32:57 PM »
Nuts Kicked, SkinnyBenny, The Whale, WillieWatanabe, Johnny Wichita, EllToPay, pissclams, EMAW SP8, HawgustusCaesar, Brocktune, hogtrough, Razorbackfan1, Denver, hogfan1987, SwineFlew, pokémawn, jennle30, Pittcat, ksucrcoop, areksuwildcat, Levi, secfan69, WPS, TheCatFanSpeaks, john "teach me how to" dougie, Prince McJunkins, theymightbegiants and 850 Guests are viewing this topic.

:sdeek:
Don't forget your ole buddy Pride. I gotta say, I thought you guys were the kings of smack talk. These Piggies are laying it down hard. You guys might want to regroup.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »
I was also shocked when SD posted that about a "razor" being a pig.  

First, what kind of school names themselves after a pig?

Second, why on earth did they invent a new word for pig?  They remind me A LOT of Penn State with their made up mascot name.

Guess what, I think we should start calling ourselves the "Razor Cats."  Would be just as silly.  Good grief, what's next?  

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
Hey "SEC is so hard" mouthbreathers:

RATING    W   L  SCHEDL(RANK) VS top 10 | VS top 30    

7  Arkansas                A  =  89.48   10   2   73.58 (28)      0   2       |    2   2    
12  Kansas State          A  =  87.11   10   2   78.53 (10)      1   2       |    5   2    

:users:

Congratulations you found 1/6 BCS computers, with the lowest and highest being thrown out. Want a cookie?
chocolate chip please and thank you
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:35:12 PM by kslimlb3 »

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »
http://247wallst.com/2011/05/20/the-ten-states-where-walmart-is-everywhere/3/

I see a lot of "Hardy Har Har, Arkansas has a lot of Wal-Marts! Hardy Har Har  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:" going on in this thread.  I would just like to point out that you corn field, cousin rapers are #4 on the list with the most Wal-Marts per million while we are number 1. (just another thing we "beat" Kansas at).  Pot/Kettle.
YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, WALMART SMACK!!!

1. Arkansas
> Stores Per 1 Million People: 30.87
> Total No. of Stores: 90
> Median Income: $37,823 (3rd Lowest)
> Pct. Living Below The Poverty Line: 18.8% (2nd Highest)

4. Kansas
> Stores Per 1 Million People: 21.38
> Total No. of Stores: 61
> Median Income: $47,817 (23rd Lowest)
> Pct. Living Below The Poverty Line: 13.4% (25th Lowest)

Kansas presence on this list suggests that a state’s proximity to Arkansas may be more important to Walmart’s success than the number of low-income shoppers. While the average income of its residents is close to the national average, its proximity to Walmart’s central distribution network secures its place on this list.  Access to the Arkansas hub makes it more efficient to open stores. Although growth slowed in the early 2000’s, Walmart is finding other ways to boost sales. According to the Wall Street Journal, Kansas stores which had stopped selling guns  five years ago will start selling them again.

:kstategrad:
Morons, now we'll just raise prices at Kansas Walmarts and make even more money off of you! 

Will only hurt our little bro due to decrease in donations.

Offline jbkx

• Fan
  • Osculum Infame ... Neat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »
All those Walmarts in Kansas must be for the hawk grads and arKansas transplants.  Last I checked KSU grads dont step foot in those garbage stores...
 :kstategrad:

Oh wow.  Now you've really gone and hurt our feelings.

Bought your t-shirt and diploma at Wal-mart did ya?  Sound similar to the Sqwauk legions.

Offline SwineFlew

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »
Here's a little jewel, found on the list of attractions in your fair city:

Konza Prairie Tallgrass Preserve

Bet you can have an incredibly inspiring time at this wasteland.

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:36 PM »
You K-State fans are insane.  First of all, you are not a reputable football team.  You have a classy coach, but you would never survive in the SEC.  You talk about Arkansas and act as if this team is a bottom dweller in the SEC...lol...you must not know much about them after all.  By the way, it wasn't that the Big 12 didn't allow Arkansas in the "Texas Longhorn" conference; Arkansas chose the SEC over the the former.  Arkansas had 75 years of Texas in the Southwest Conference (being the only school outside of the state of Texas).  Say what you will about Arkansas, but after the game you'll wish you had played Tennessee or Florida.  Keep in mind, Petrino is building a powerhouse.  You Wildcats fans are delusional; maybe in the early 2000's your teams were decent, but I don't recall a National Championship in your history.  I won't dwell on the past, but what is going on presently--you're on your way to getting your teeth kicked in.  I drink with one of your fans in Topeka, KS.  He told me he wouldn't want to play an SEC West team--his just nightmare became reality!  Enjoy the beatdown!

We need to just leave this board and let them (Mildcat fans) live in their fantasy world.  It will be good for them for the next month.  Let it be Hog fans... let it be.

:sdeek: Saul??

Offline w88pigs88ie

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
You K-State fans are insane.  First of all, you are not a reputable football team.  You have a classy coach, but you would never survive in the SEC.  You talk about Arkansas and act as if this team is a bottom dweller in the SEC...lol...you must not know much about them after all.  By the way, it wasn't that the Big 12 didn't allow Arkansas in the "Texas Longhorn" conference; Arkansas chose the SEC over the the former.  Arkansas had 75 years of Texas in the Southwest Conference (being the only school outside of the state of Texas).  Say what you will about Arkansas, but after the game you'll wish you had played Tennessee or Florida.  Keep in mind, Petrino is building a powerhouse.  You Wildcats fans are delusional; maybe in the early 2000's your teams were decent, but I don't recall a National Championship in your history.  I won't dwell on the past, but what is going on presently--you're on your way to getting your teeth kicked in.  I drink with one of your fans in Topeka, KS.  He told me he wouldn't want to play an SEC West team--his just nightmare became reality!  Enjoy the beatdown!

"We have none, and frankly we're pretty damn proud of it . . . being an Elite academic institution for so many years precluded us from extending that same dominance on to the field and court of play."

42 Total National Championships, 13 Conference Championships (in football), 12 Bowl wins.

And what exactly is the Pinstripe Bowl? In which KSU couldn't beat Syracuse? Arkansas played in the Capital One Bowl against Ohio State. OSU had an outstanding program (with violations and illegal practices in the NCAA) and beat Arkansas.

Arkansas and Kansas State will be a good game. I don't doubt Kansas State is a good team, but Arkansas will prove it is better.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
I've done several stints training local law enforcement.  Arkansas is the only place I've ever been where the sheriff points to house after house where there's known incest.  It was incredible, I thought they were joking.  But....they weren't.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »
Don't forget your ole buddy Pride. I gotta say, I thought you guys were the kings of smack talk. These Piggies are laying it down hard. You guys might want to regroup.

this is like double agent hilarious right here

Offline Razorfact911

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Does playing Kansas St hurt Arkansas' Reputation?
« Reply #485 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »
I would think so because Arkansas is in the SEC and their only losses are to both the teams that will be playing in the National Championship. But hey Kansas St did make it to the highly touted race for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl last year and came in 2nd by losing to a tough 7-5 Syracuse team. Being from Arkansas, the only time I see the state of Kansas is when Im driving through its flat nothingness to get to the other side. Poor kids cant even play hide and go seek in Kansas, it would be just kids standing out in the open.  Arkansas is also ranked higher in every poll than Kansas St. But at least the game is in Dallas so both states can travel well. If you type in 'gayest color' on google the first topic that comes up in the definition of lavender....what color are you guys? And dont get super critical and say something like "its actually violet sir".

Cotton Bowl prediction: Arkansas 38 - Kansas St 17

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 05, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
2.  You're the second best program in an already unknown state.

No, LHC Bill Snyder nut stomped the other "program" in our state out of existence.  After he gets your coach fired you're going to be stuck with the Kim Anderson 40 minutes of Heck basketball garbage.  

Offline w88pigs88ie

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »

Second, why on earth did they invent a new word for pig?  They remind me A LOT of Penn State with their made up mascot name.

Guess what, I think we should start calling ourselves the "Razor Cats."  Would be just as silly.  Good grief, what's next?  

There are differing stories about the origins of 'Razorbacks', however. During this season Bezdek proclaimed his team played "like a wild band of razorback hogs" and the phrase was so popular that the Cardinals changed their name for the 1910 season.[2] An account from Phil Huntley, a member of the 1909 team, says that when the team got off the train in Dallas someone yelled "here come the hogs." Bezdek then said, "Boys, I like that. We're the Razorbacks from now on."[1] These accounts could both be true.[1] With the new name, the Hogs defeated LSU 51-0 and gave Texas A&M their only loss in 1910.

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: Does playing Kansas St hurt Arkansas' Reputation?
« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
I was really hoping that the Arkansas posters would be better.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »

We need to just leave this board and let them (Mildcat fans) live in their fantasy world.  It will be good for them for the next month.  Let it be Hog fans... let it be.

Hey rough rider, i didn't write that crap... :shakesfist:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

42 Total National Championships, 13 Conference Championships (in football), 12 Bowl wins.

LOL, bragging about a SWC championship is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  I can't remember the last time we lost to a former SWC school.   :lol:

Offline HogsWillRapeU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
Guys, I just did some research online and a razorback is a pig.  an honest to god pig. 

I did some more research and discovered that  "Wildcats" is the nickname for Kentucky.  Then Nova.  Then Davidson.  By the time anyone associates the nickname with KSU, however, most people have already given up trying to figure out what team they're watching and just guess that the purple unis plus the nickname plus the lack of football fundamentals means they must be watching Northwestern.  :cheers:

A PIG? I thought it was a hedgehog... like Sonic. Which was cool. Now I have even less respect for Arkansas State. Better hope McFadden has a big game for you guys.

Yeah, it is.  It's also unique unlike your uber generic mascot.   I would add an insult referencing a lesser school in the same fashion you did, but you are the lesser school to KU so it doesnt work.  Josh Freeman better bring his a game for you guys in January.  

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:33 PM »
I've done several stints training local law enforcement.  Arkansas is the only place I've ever been where the sheriff points to house after house where there's known incest.  It was incredible, I thought they were joking.  But....they weren't.  

You're a liar and you know it.  The ol' inbred myth is so stupid.  Get back to the truth, which is that you will be crying in your milk when you leave Dallas.  :lynchmob:

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
I would think so because Arkansas is in the SEC and their only losses are to both the teams that will be playing in the National Championship. But hey Kansas St did make it to the highly touted race for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl last year and came in 2nd by losing to a tough 7-5 Syracuse team. Being from Arkansas, the only time I see the state of Kansas is when Im driving through its flat nothingness to get to the other side. Poor kids cant even play hide and go seek in Kansas, it would be just kids standing out in the open.  Arkansas is also ranked higher in every poll than Kansas St. But at least the game is in Dallas so both states can travel well. If you type in 'gayest color' on google the first topic that comes up in the definition of lavender....what color are you guys? And dont get super critical and say something like "its actually violet sir".

Cotton Bowl prediction: Arkansas 38 - Kansas St 17

This was your face when writing this post

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 12:42:27 PM by J »

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »

Hey rough rider, i didn't write that crap... :shakesfist:

Yeah I was surprised to see it come out like that - I'm sure my inbred hillbilly ways clicked the wrong button... uh, and I don't know who "Saul" is.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 05, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »

You're a liar and you know it.  The ol' inbred myth is so stupid.  Get back to the truth, which is that you will be crying in your milk when you leave Dallas.  :lynchmob:

and you know it

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:10 PM »
Somebody really needs to tweet a link to this thread to John Daly.  Would love to get his perspective on this issue.  Especially after he has had a few  :drink:.
@mikec2w

Offline RazorbackswilltrashKSU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »

Razor Cat? Serious? Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)... Why don't we just name ourselves after every other school that can't think of a unique name to call their mascot... Ummm... How about we call ourselves the Wildcats... I don't think that is used very much... HAHAHA!

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »

and you know it

Yes.  Yes I do know it.  WHOO PIG SOOIE!

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 05, 2011, 12:41:44 PM »
This was OPs face when writing this post

:blindfold: roids have really gotten to 'clams