Author Topic: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program  (Read 936783 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #425 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:14 PM »
As most of you here know I'm first cousins with Chris Fowler.  I was discussing this matchup with him over email this morning and he was pretty blunt about his feelings.  Said that this was a lose/lose for the Wildcats.  He said he thinks we run away with this one but was concerned we wouldn't even show up to play this loser game given our dissapointment over not making the NC or BCS game.  He said that one thing that could really hurt is for us to pull out a squeeker against what, on paper, is a hugely overmatched Arkansas team.  I tend to agree with him.  I mean, we win and big rough ridin' deal.  It's Arkansas.  We should beat these nobodys.  But, we just squeek by or somehow find a way to lose this game and we are a laughing stock.  Thoughts?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Chris Fowler? Really? Who cares if you are related to him. And who cares if he is on College Gameday. I wouldn't go to him for advice about Arkansas. I wouldn't go to him for advice about anything football related. I could do as good of a job as any of those guys on College Gameday. How can playing a team that is ranked higher than you possibly make you look bad?

I guess since K-State is so great, as a Hog fan we should be thankful for this match up because it will make us look really good? Please... Oklahoma would have been a better matchup for us.

I'm going to tell him you said that.  Will report back with his response....

Offline HG

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 05, 2011, 12:08:19 PM »
The thing that scares me most is that Snyder is an awesome coach.  What other coach in America, short of Saban or Stoops, could have raised a program like KSU to the dizzying heights of mediocrity it enjoys today?  Sure, making USC or Ohio State into a perennial title contender is impressive, but that's like a movie where  some gorgeous Hollywood starlet is transformed from "nerd" to prom queen.  Raising KSU to its current exalted position of yearly also-ran and almost-also-ran is more akin to transforming Elephant Man John Merrick into a Hollywood starlet.

So much respect for your coach.  He took the hideous and made it moderately attractive in the right lighting.

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Does playing Kansas St hurt Arkansas' Reputation?
« Reply #427 on: December 05, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »
Jerry Jones must be jizzing in his pants thinking about bringing in a true bluebood program like KSU in to face his alma mater  :love:

Rumblings he called Lance Africk and threatened him with death if he took the Cats.

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:03 PM »
Well, mighty KState, you may have won the battle when it comes to intelligence, humor, and athletic ability. but apparently every single short bus in the state of Arkansas has been re-routed to goEMAW.  Y'all can look forward to a whole month of these wonderful folks who feature low post counts, no grammar skills, and browsers that are so old that they don't underline misspelled words in red.  

Looks like the joke is on you!   :pbj:

This is fun  :thumbsup:

Will Take!   :thumbsup:

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »
Well, mighty KState, you may have won the battle when it comes to intelligence, humor, and athletic ability. but apparently every single short bus in the state of Arkansas has been re-routed to goEMAW.  Y'all can look forward to a whole month of these wonderful folks who feature low post counts, no grammar skills, and browsers that are so old that they don't underline misspelled words in red. 

Looks like the joke is on you!   :pbj:

:pray: please bring some more posters like yourself to this gem of a board, please

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 05, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
Well, mighty KState, you may have won the battle when it comes to intelligence, humor, and athletic ability. but apparently every single short bus in the state of Arkansas has been re-routed to goEMAW.  Y'all can look forward to a whole month of these wonderful folks who feature low post counts, no grammar skills, and browsers that are so old that they don't underline misspelled words in red. 

my god, please stay here when the game is over.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 05, 2011, 12:11:15 PM »
As most of you here know I'm first cousins with Chris Fowler.  I was discussing this matchup with him over email this morning and he was pretty blunt about his feelings.  Said that this was a lose/lose for the Wildcats.  He said he thinks we run away with this one but was concerned we wouldn't even show up to play this loser game given our dissapointment over not making the NC or BCS game.  He said that one thing that could really hurt is for us to pull out a squeeker against what, on paper, is a hugely overmatched Arkansas team.  I tend to agree with him.  I mean, we win and big rough ridin' deal.  It's Arkansas.  We should beat these nobodys.  But, we just squeek by or somehow find a way to lose this game and we are a laughing stock.  Thoughts?

i think that you have very good blood lines in your family.
You are already a laughing stock, go ahead and kill yourself now.

i might just do that, thanks

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:49 PM »
I have not had this much fun on goEMAW since probably forever. T-Y V-M, University of Arkansas Razorback fans!  :cheers:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 05, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
These guys are just a blessing. So blessed

A constant stream of gay jokes, bragging about losing to LSU and Bama,  y'alls, and which players they are related to and personally know.

It's like GPC on roids.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
The thing that scares me most is that Snyder is an awesome coach.  What other coach in America, short of Saban or Stoops, could have raised a program like KSU to the dizzying heights of mediocrity it enjoys today?  Sure, making USC or Ohio State into a perennial title contender is impressive, but that's like a movie where  some gorgeous Hollywood starlet is transformed from "nerd" to prom queen.  Raising KSU to its current exalted position of yearly also-ran and almost-also-ran is more akin to transforming Elephant Man John Merrick into a Hollywood starlet.

So much respect for your coach.  He took the hideous and made it moderately attractive in the right lighting.

Ham Malone, you finally have someone else you can feel comfortable trolling with.  And yes, absolutely stay here after we stomp your ballsacks and faces on the football field in 2012.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

You guys have an image?  Hahahahahahahahaha.... thanks for the early afternoon laugh.  We lost to #1 & #2 ON THE ROAD... I cannot wait to come back here when we stomp your whiny overconfident butts to the ground.  Thanks again!

Offline HogsWillRapeU

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:30 PM »
http://247wallst.com/2011/05/20/the-ten-states-where-walmart-is-everywhere/3/

I see a lot of "Hardy Har Har, Arkansas has a lot of Wal-Marts! Hardy Har Har  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:" going on in this thread.  I would just like to point out that you corn field, cousin rapers are #4 on the list with the most Wal-Marts per million while we are number 1. (just another thing we "beat" Kansas at).  Pot/Kettle.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 05, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »
I have not had this much fun on goEMAW since probably forever. T-Y V-M, University of Arkansas Razorback fans!  :cheers:

It really is amazing to see some of the greats in rare form, and we all should be grateful that we have been graced with the presence of these amazing smelling elites :emawkid:

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:09 PM »
hogtrough, theymightbegiants, EMAW SP8, Doberman_CATS!!!, SoberKatz, SkinnyBenny, SECHog, birdman1981, mocat, EMADUB, scubot, theKSU, Dingo, stobblebobby, Skipper44, CopperBowl, AbeFroman, Arkansas#1, w88pigs88ie, maxq, DFWHogFan, Boom Roasted, TheCatFanSpeaks, Souljahog, cats2win, HG, chum1, TXHOG, WillieWatanabe, PurpleSleezyE, mcmwcat, WhoIsKSU?, HogFan12, MarilynKay, ArkieRon, sonofdaxjones, Razorbackfan1, Prince McJunkins, john "teach me how to" dougie, ^_^, FalconPunch, big e z, powercat13, Ging, deputy dawg, Razorback, Hogs2011, jbkx, Hog Wild Girl, Fedor, HogHeaven, Pittcat (+ 2 Hidden) and 1121 Guests are viewing this topic.

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:16 PM »

:pray: please bring some more posters like yourself to this gem of a board, please
Hell no, we're going to win this war of attrition!  You may think that you can go make a joke message board where nothing is taken seriously, but in a week you'll be so tired of the short bus invasion that every single IP address from Arkansas will be blocked!

(Also, for full disclosure here, I live in Kansas and went to a couple KState games this year, and think that Fake Patty's Day is the best holiday of the year)

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

A constant stream of gay jokes, bragging about losing to LSU and Bama,  y'alls, and which players they are related to and personally know.

It's like GPC on roids.

It's Arkansas. Who/what people are related to is irrelevant.

Also, does Darren McFadden still play there? Kind of worried about him. Rest of team, whatever.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 05, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »

I see a lot of "Hardy Har Har, Arkansas has a lot of Wal-Marts! Hardy Har Har  :ksu: :ksu: :ksu:" going on in this thread.  I would just like to point out that you corn field, cousin rapers are #4 on the list with the most Wal-Marts per million while we are number 1. (just another thing we "beat" Kansas at).  Pot/Kettle.

congrats beems, you earned this one

Offline hogtrough

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 05, 2011, 12:16:52 PM »
Kansas State must be mad they can't win against Kansas. This is their form of retaliation for years of overshadowing.

Offline EMAW SP8

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 05, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »

Hell no, we're going to win this war of attrition!  You may think that you can go make a joke message board where nothing is taken seriously, but in a week you'll be so tired of the short bus invasion that every single IP address from Arkansas will be blocked!

(Also, for full disclosure here, I live in Kansas and went to a couple KState games this year, and think that Fake Patty's Day is the best holiday of the year)
:horrorsurprise:

Offline Hogwild

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »

It's like GPC on roids.

Pretty sure he was bragging as a K-State fan.  Nobody was bragging about losing to LSU and Bama, just saying those are our only losses - ON THE ROAD... Y'ALL enjoy the trip to Dallas - it will surely be a much slower and lonelier ride home.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, "son".
Good God! Us Hog fans are usually pretty rabid in their support of our team.  But, we can manage to form coherent arguments, maintain rational thought processes, and not resort to complete and utter ignorant insults and talking trash.  I'm really disappointed that Kansas fans are being so completely and utterly nasty.

4 posts above yours...we were told to go kill ourselves.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Doberman_CATS!!!

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:28 PM »

Offline amilyab

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 05, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »
Will playing ARKANSAS, a higher ranked #6 team, hurt the #8 KSU “image”? I’m going to go with a “NO” especially since Arkansas was ranked #3 in the BCS standings not too long ago. I also do not think it will hurt KSU’s “brand” because Arkansas’ only TWO loses have been to the BCS #1 LSU and BCS #2 ALABAMA… when KSU’s loses have been to the BCS #3 OSU and BCS #14 OKLAHOMA.

The BCS standings make this seem like a “close” game, being #6 and #8 teams and all, but the AP TOP STANDINGS say this is a #7 ARKANSAS vs. #11 KANSAS ST

Arkansas was also #15 on Forbes' Most Valuable College Football Teams… however Kansas State did NOT rank. Talk about an “image” and “brand”!  :bawl:

Just by being in the SEC over the BIG 12 assures that Arkansas played bigger and harder teams… look at the stats:
The SEC leads the Big 12 in all-time head-to-head match-ups with a 26-18-0 (.591) record.
Over the past 14 years ('98 -'10) the SEC holds a 30-18-0 (.625) advantage.
Against the Big 12's predecessor (the Big Eight) the SEC had a 43-43-6 (.500) record.

Anyone and everyone can say what they want, but it all comes down to game time. We will see at the AT&T Cotton Bowl!  :popcorn:

Offline Ham Malone

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 05, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, WALMART SMACK!!!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:05 PM »

It's like GPC on roids.

It's Arkansas. Who/what people are related to is irrelevant.

I know, but they keep saying it anyways. Validation!