Author Topic: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread  (Read 328084 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: Gill fired/KU coach search
« Reply #850 on: December 01, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
What KU needs right now is Urban Meyer.  Money is no object.

HUR HUR HUR!!!

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #851 on: December 01, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
HEY I offered a legit serious candidate.  You know some of us are trying to work with you here.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »

KU's private jet was in Chicago yesterday.  Fitzgerald might just be using KU to get a better contract at Northwestern, but there's something going on there.  

I thought that this was a funny addition to the post. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
You know some of us are trying to work with you here.

fwiw stoops seems like a legit option

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
thought it was already decided that Zulu was going to hire his buddy, Leavitt?

Because yeah, that is what will happen.

Embrace the crazy hair, Beems.  Embrace that crap.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Lady Gaga boy doesn't know what the eff he's talking about.  

The job is Leavitt's to turn down. KU isn't going to make a serious offer to anybody else unless Leavitt says no.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #855 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »

mike or mark sure.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »
thought it was already decided that Zulu was going to hire his buddy, Leavitt?

Because yeah, that is what will happen.

Embrace the crazy hair, Beems.  Embrace that crap.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Lady Gaga boy doesn't know what the eff he's talking about.  

hey numbnuts, zulu and leavitt are friends and former co-workers.  Do you think that he hasn't had a conversation with his friend about a head coaching opportunity?  Leavitt was forced out of his last job, so you know he still has the itch to get back into the head coaching circuit.

jfc, use your brain man.  Leavitt is the only candidate that makes any sense.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 01, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »

Yeah, I think he would take the job. Most coordinators would take the job.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 01, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »

What KU needs right now is Urban Meyer.  Money is no object.

HUR HUR HUR!!!

I loved that these were consecutive posts.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 01, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »
Just imagine if KU had a DoD of our own to sell... we might be able to bring in a random offensive coordinator from the ACC, or maybe even the Big East.  It's times like these when I wish KU had our very own 72 year-old grandpa waiting to come out of retirement.  Maybe one day we'll make it to the mountain top.  One can certainly hope, right?

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 01, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
Just imagine if KU had a DoD of our own to sell... we might be able to bring in a random offensive coordinator from the ACC, or maybe even the Big East.  It's times like these when I wish KU had our very own 72 year-old grandpa waiting to come out of retirement.  Maybe one day we'll make it to the mountain top west.  One can certainly hope, right?

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 01, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »

Top three candidates right now are: 

Mark Stoops
Larry Fedora
Pat Fitzgerald

:dunno:

I'm not saying KU can't get any of those guys, but I think your AD covets Leavitt.

Sonny Dykes would also be a solid get for KU. I still don't know why they wouldn't try to get a good retread like Belotti or Tressel (some baggage i know)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 01, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
Just imagine if KU had a DoD of our own to sell... we might be able to bring in a random offensive coordinator from the ACC, or maybe even the Big East.  It's times like these when I wish KU had our very own 72 year-old grandpa waiting to come out of retirement.  Maybe one day we'll make it to the mountain top.  One can certainly hope, right?

you know how you say the word "butthurt" sometimes, and we all tell you that you aren't using it right?

this is one of those times when you could have used "butthurt" and been correct.  just looking out, bro.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
If we can't win this conference at least four times as many times as K-State, we just don't belong.  24 Big 12 titles to 7 just won't cut it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 01, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »

you know how you say the word "butthurt" sometimes, and we all tell you that you aren't using it right?

this is one of those times when you could have used "butthurt" and been correct.  just looking out, bro.

Does your butt ever hurt after having too much gay sex during one of your Lady Gaga binges?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #865 on: December 01, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »

Does your butt ever hurt after having too much gay sex during one of your Lady Gaga binges?
amazing quoting for posterity

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 01, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »

yes.  stop being mean about it, eff.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 01, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »

right now you really don't have crap, nothing.  let that sink in.  then find a coach, then spend the next 3 years developing a program.  and hope the whole while that you made the right decision.  3 years is a long time.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 01, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »
Dana Dimel

:sdeek:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 01, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »

Mark Stoops
Larry Fedora
Pat Fitzgerald

Tim is a more likey candidates than Pat

KU's private jet was in Chicago yesterday.  Fitzgerald might just be using KU to get a better contract at Northwestern, but there's something going on there.  

That sure is one busy plane. Keys Tuesday, chicago Wednesday. Sucks that after all that flying they'll have drive back from KCI

Yeah, it's just impossible that KU is doing a coaching search right now.  Simply impossible.  I doubt we can even afford a private jet.  

:lol:
What does that have to do with anything I said?
OMG 18-1 is killing you! Just killing you.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: December 01, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »

right now you really don't have crap, nothing.  let that sink in.  then find a coach, then spend the next 3 years developing a program.  and hope the whole while that you made the right decision.  3 years is a long time.

I'm just hoping that someday KU gets to that mountain top... to the point where we can hire someone like a no name offensive coordinator from Virginia, or a 72 year-old grandpa who retired a few years ago.  I mean you can either dream big or go home, right?  

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »

Actually, that is what you need. Someone who has no problem coming to your legendary bad football team, will make a name for himself, and not use ku as a stepping stone to a better job. Then after he retires, you can re-hire him when the next next coach sucks.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 01, 2011, 02:34:07 PM »

Mark Stoops
Larry Fedora
Pat Fitzgerald

Tim is a more likey candidates than Pat

That sure is one busy plane. Keys Tuesday, chicago Wednesday. Sucks that after all that flying they'll have drive back from KCI

Yeah, it's just impossible that KU is doing a coaching search right now.  Simply impossible.  I doubt we can even afford a private jet.  

What does that have to do with anything I said?
OMG 18-1 is killing you! Just killing you.

Yeah, all of those losses in women's water polo are just killing me.  

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 01, 2011, 02:34:36 PM »

embrace it, beems.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 01, 2011, 02:36:25 PM »
LIKE A PHOENIX RISING FROM THE ASHES, BEEMZ IS BACK WITH A VENGEANCE.

AND I LIKE IT.

:excited:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]