Author Topic: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread  (Read 327958 times)

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gill fired/KU coach search/Weiss master thread
« Reply #2625 on: February 15, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
I know the Jayhawks made a coaching change and brought in a solid quarterback, but that's not going to change things overnight. We're talking about a team that only won two games last year, that struggled to score and couldn't stop other teams from scoring to save their life. I like the direction this team is heading in, but there's almost no chance they can win the Big 12 this season.

Odds: +915  :lol:

8. Kansas State
Kansas State is returning 14 starters from a team that won 10 games, but what are the chances they're able to do it again this season? I love LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder as a head coach, but I'm not sure this is a team that will be as competitive as they were a year ago. There are many questions on the offensive and defensive line, and a difficult schedule doesn't help them out either.
Odds: +800  :curse:

7. Baylor  
Baylor did lose their Superman quarterback in Robert Griffin, but Nick Florence isn't a bad quarterback at all. In 2009, he completed 62 percent of his passes and threw for six touchdowns. Even last season, when Griffin was taken out of the game due to injury, he completed 75 percent of his passes and two touchdowns.
The problem with this team is their defense. It cost them last year and will likely cost them any shot to repeat the success they experienced last season.
Odds: +725  :comehere:

6. Texas Tech  
Texas Tech may be the team that would give you the most bang for your buck, as they aren't a bad team at all. They do have a very difficult schedule, but they're a talented team that has a fantastic quarterback in Seth Doege, who threw for over 4,000 yards last season.
They will need several breaks if they expect to win this conference, but I wouldn't count them out, as they have a few pieces that could surprise some people.
Odds: +650  :surprised:

5. Oklahoma State
Oklahoma State is missing several key pieces from their team last year, and it'll really be difficult to repeat the success they had last season. But they do have a few things going for them, like the fact that eight players are returning on the defensive side of the ball, and they still have running back Joseph Randle carrying the ball for them.
With a few breaks here and there, the Cowboys could be a sleeper team to watch out for next year.
Odds: +500  :jerk:

4. TCU
TCU was a very young team last season, which means that majority of their team is coming back this season. The key to this team will of course be the defense, which allowed 21.5 points per game last year and will really help them stick out in a conference that isn't known for great defense.
If the Horned Frogs can have a balanced attack like they did last season, they'll have a great shot at winning this conference in their first year.
Odds: +300  :cry:

3. West Virginia
If this wasn't the first year that West Virginia was in the Big 12, I may have them at the No. 2 or possibly even No. 1 spot. But we need to see how this team competes against tougher competition before I make them the favorites.
With that said, West Virginia is an extremely talented team, especially on offense led by Geno Smith and all of his weapons to give the football to. Don't be surprised if the Mountaineers end up winning this conference their first year in it.
Odds: +150  :angry:

2. Texas  
Texas may have had a couple of sub-par seasons, but they remain one of the most talented teams in the country. They're returning 16 starters, including nine players on the offensive side of the ball. They also have a favorable schedule, getting West Virginia and TCU at home.
If this team can find some consistency at the quarterback position, they'll have a fantastic shot at winning this conference.
Odds: +100  :runaway:

1. Oklahoma
The Oklahoma Sooners have to be the early favorites to win the Big 12. After all, they do have the most talented team, the best quarterback in Landry Jones and one of the top running backs in Dominique Whaley.
This is a team that's returning a total of 15 starters, and they are eager to prove the critics wrong after falling apart at the end of last season.
It won't be a cakewalk for the Sooners this year, but they should be the pick to win this conference.
Odds: -100  :nono:

Randy Chambers is a B/R featured columnist that covers college football and the NFL. You can contact him @Randy_Chambers or [email protected].

DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR US!  :shakesfist:

LOL only K-State can finish second in the leauge one year and have more starters coming back then just about anyone else and be picked 8th preseason to start the following season.  He's not sure we'll be as competitive  as we were a year ago?   I think going 7-2 is a little more then being competitive, Iowa State was competitive last season.    

We will use it to our advantage, Kostakio.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: February 15, 2012, 04:20:26 PM »
Stop quoting that thing you clowns.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: February 19, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
Wtf is this thread? Is the 2012 cfb preview restricted to a single thread?  Such a trash bbs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:31:43 AM by fatty fat fat »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: February 19, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »
Wtf is this thread? Is the 2012 cfb preview restricted to a single thread?  Such a trash bbs.

fats! Angel saved the basketball season!

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: February 20, 2012, 03:50:40 AM »

he did. we are basicially a ncaa lock if we win in collie station no? frank is such a stud. year after year, his teams just win at a nice rate (to make this KSU bball fan (who grew up w/asbury wooly) utterly at peace.

sorry for not doing much with ya here, hopefully things get better.

now lock this thread please

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: March 13, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »

he did. we are basicially a ncaa lock if we win in collie station no? frank is such a stud. year after year, his teams just win at a nice rate (to make this KSU bball fan (who grew up w/asbury wooly) utterly at peace.

sorry for not doing much with ya here, hopefully things get better.

now lock this thread please
March 12, 2012

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas head coach Charlie Weis continues to make plays in the 2012 signing period as he added New York offensive lineman Aslam Sterling to his first Jayhawk haul Monday. Sterling, who comes to KU from Nassau Community College, is the 20th player to sign with KU in 2012, in addition to three January transfers, pushing Weis' first class haul to a total of 23 athletes.

Sterling, who played left tackle at NCC, started every game of his two year career with the program leading the Lions to a combined 19-2 mark. Playing under Curt Gilliam at NCC, Sterling earned All-Northeast Football Conference honors in both his freshman and sophomore campaigns.

In 2010, Sterling was a part of an offensive line that was instrumental in helping NCC running back, Steven Miller, rush for more than 1,000 yards on his way to Northeast Conference Most Valuable Player and All-American honors. With Sterling leading the way, the Lions finished the 2010 season with a perfect 11-0 mark and No. 3 national ranking.

Sterling attended Bayside High School in Queens, N.Y., before moving on to NCC. He earned All-Borough and All-City honors, while playing both center and right guard at BHS.

The Springfield Garden, N.Y., native chose to sign with Kansas after receiving interest from West Virginia, Syracuse, Rutgers and Buffalo. He will graduate from NCC in May and join the Jayhawks in June in preparation for the 2012 football season.

Kansas will open 2012 spring football on Tuesday, March 27. The Jayhawks will host their annual Spring Game on Saturday, April 28 at 1 p.m., in Memorial Stadium.

Looks like Front Butt(FB) is searching all over the country for recruits.  He just may end up with a better team than Friends and Prayers, TG.  :dunno:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: March 13, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
Sterling attended Bayside High School

:thumbs:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: March 13, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
Sterling attended Bayside High School

:thumbs:

new york, not texas.

:shakesfist:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: March 13, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »
I always thought SBTB was located in Cali.  It was in Texas?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: March 13, 2012, 11:41:30 PM »
Jr. high was in indiana.

High school was in Cali.  Hense, the Malibu Sands summer job.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: March 13, 2012, 11:50:12 PM »
Was Seven talking about Ell's HS then?  Cause that was Baytown.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: March 13, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »

The episode where they struck oil has you confused.

Becky  :cry:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: March 14, 2012, 01:01:20 AM »
Ya, im the Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) here  :blush:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: April 13, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »
Should we fire this thread back up?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2639 on: April 14, 2012, 02:32:31 PM »

Unless there's new news, I'm content to let the impending dumpster fire smolder.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: April 14, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »

no