Author Topic: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?  (Read 14230 times)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 09:11:10 AM »
my link to huff post supported your belief that Kagan will/should recuse herself.  :facepalm:

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »
1. Huckabee- Yes, he's not running, but could wipe the floor with pretty much anyone on either party who is.

2. Cain- Good business sense, only vice is some sex scandal that dates back to the Clinton era.... who cares? Democrats don't care, why should Republicans?

3. Romney- Like his hair, like his false beliefs about gold tablets. Like his economic savvy.
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 09:12:37 PM »
my link to huff post supported your belief that Kagan will/should recuse herself.  :facepalm:

Didn't realize Kagan was considering a run at the Repub bid.  Top notch journalism on the part of the Huffer Post, thinking she'll recuse her/himself from that race.  It's not her/his time.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
none of the four are palatable.  one of the weakest, least popular presidents in modern history is going to waltz into a 2nd term because the republicans can't field even a single mildly attractive candidate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »
It won't matter who runs (except Ron Paul).  The thrill is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pB4b11_LREA?version=3&hl=en_US

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 07:33:22 PM »
It won't matter who runs (except Ron Paul).  The thrill is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pB4b11_LREA?version=3&hl=en_US

Ron Paul polls better vs Obama than all other candidates except Romney.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »

The republicans could run an inanimate object and win 42 states in 2012.  This emoticon would defeat B.O. in 2012 -->  :party:

B.O. is that terrible.  His ability to keep this economy down for this long was unfathomable 3+ years ago.  I honestly thought it would be impossible to do this much damage, apparently he actually is a messiah of sorts, a messiah of incompetency.

FYI retards, popular vote isn't how the presidential election is decided.  We use a thing called the "electoral college".  There aren't that many welfare states. . .yet

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »
I don't think the election is an automatic "W" for the "R's" as of right now. Obama hasn't even fired up his propaganda machine yet, which as we saw last time was one of the greatest brain washings in American history.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »
I don't think the election is an automatic "W" for the "R's" as of right now. Obama hasn't even fired up his propaganda machine yet, which as we saw last time was one of the greatest brain washings in American history.

I think everybody knows Obama supporters (media) will attempt to divide and demonize (racism claims).  I don't think the independents will fall for his schtick again.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 11:14:28 AM »
"Didn't realize Kagan was considering a run at the Repub bid.  Top notch journalism on the part of the Huffer Post, thinking she'll recuse her/himself from that race.  It's not her/his time."

Didn't realize I posted a huff post article in this thread?  jeezus you try so hard to be dick and still fail  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:32:52 PM by LickNeckey »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:04 AM »

The republicans could run an inanimate object and win 42 states in 2012.  This emoticon would defeat B.O. in 2012 -->  :party:

I wish I shared your confidence, but even if the election were held today, it would be very close. Obama's baseline is a little over 200 electoral votes. (And you can go ahead and add another 16 for Michigan to that tally if Romney is not the nominee).

A Republican has not won PA or MI since 1988. Add those to Obama and he's up to 242.

If Republicans want their best chance to win in 2012, I have two words for you: Romney-Rubio.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »

I wish I shared your confidence, but even if the election were held today, it would be very close. Obama's baseline is a little over 200 electoral votes. (And you can go ahead and add another 16 for Michigan to that tally if Romney is not the nominee).

A Republican has not won PA or MI since 1988. Add those to Obama and he's up to 242.

If Republicans want their best chance to win in 2012, I have two words for you: Romney-Rubio.

Incumbents aren't supposed to be close at this point in the year.  Incumbents that are up by 10 points at this time of the year have close reelection runs.  Incumbents that are statistically tied at this point get crushed in the gen election.

Disclaimer:  no incumbent has ever had propaganda machine that B.O. has at his disposal, could be an equalizer, probably not.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 07:41:11 PM »
"Didn't realize Kagan was considering a run at the Repub bid.  Top notch journalism on the part of the Huffer Post, thinking she'll recuse her/himself from that race.  It's not her/his time."

Didn't realize I posted a huff post article in this thread?  jeezus you try so hard to be dick and still fail  :facepalm:

the eff are you talking about?

and learn how to use the quote function

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »

Incumbents aren't supposed to be close at this point in the year.  Incumbents that are up by 10 points at this time of the year have close reelection runs.  Incumbents that are statistically tied at this point get crushed in the gen election.

Disclaimer:  no incumbent has ever had propaganda machine that B.O. has at his disposal, could be an equalizer, probably not.

There's a big difference between national polling and the electoral college. As I explained above, because of the concentration of the liberal base in certain states, Obama has a baseline of 200 electoral votes. The days of a 49-state Reagan-Mondale sweep are over. A "blow out" these days would be if the GOP carries all traditional swing states plus some rust belt states such as PA and MI. Maybe that will happen, maybe not. I hold little hope for these states due to the union stranglehold.

Thus, Obama could be polling in the low 40s and still win 250+ electoral votes.

Furthermore, do not underestimate the power of this administration, aided and abetted by the national media, to shred the GOP candidate. Even if Obama is polling in the low 40s next summer, that is not a very comfortable margin. The GOP needs a candidate with excellent communication, messaging, organization, discipline, and political savvy. There are two such candidates in the race: Romney and Gingrich.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »

There's a big difference between national polling and the electoral college. As I explained above, because of the concentration of the liberal base in certain states, Obama has a baseline of 200 electoral votes. The days of a 49-state Reagan-Mondale sweep are over. A "blow out" these days would be if the GOP carries all traditional swing states plus some rust belt states such as PA and MI. Maybe that will happen, maybe not. I hold little hope for these states due to the union stranglehold.

Thus, Obama could be polling in the low 40s and still win 250+ electoral votes.

Furthermore, do not underestimate the power of this administration, aided and abetted by the national media, to shred the GOP candidate. Even if Obama is polling in the low 40s next summer, that is not a very comfortable margin. The GOP needs a candidate with excellent communication, messaging, organization, discipline, and political savvy. There are two such candidates in the race: Romney and Gingrich.

That may or may not be true, but I will be voting for Ron Paul along with probably a couple million other people. Just can't see myself voting for neo con Romney, neo con Gingrich, or neo con Obama. Factor this in and Obama should win pretty easily.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
That may or may not be true, but I will be voting for Ron Paul along with probably a couple million other people. Just can't see myself voting for neo con Romney, neo con Gingrich, or neo con Obama. Factor this in and Obama should win pretty easily.

Good for you. Do you know how stupid you sound when you say things like "neo con Obama," or is that intentional, like some sort of protest?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »
oooh CBN

:flush:

from the guy who links to Huff Post  :facepalm:

:thumbsup:

the time i posted a huff post link was about Kagan.  the article supported the notion she would recuse herself.  you said she would recuse herself.  you then made statements indicating that i suggested Kagan was running for rep bid including a lot of his/her statements.

"Didn't realize Kagan was considering a run at the Repub bid.  Top notch journalism on the part of the Huffer Post, thinking she'll recuse her/himself from that race.  It's not her/his time."

Didn't realize I posted a huff post article in this thread?  jeezus you try so hard to be dick and still fail  :facepalm:

the eff are you talking about?

and learn how to use the quote function

i called you a dick and then used the quote function.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 10:35:02 AM »
Also unfortunately neo-con Obama fits pretty well.
-   Extending Bush era tax cuts – check
-   Extending Patriot Act provisions – check
-   Operating under huge budget deficits - check
-   Continuing military engagements in Middle East to "support" democracy – check
-   Continuing Government bail-out policies for too big to fail entities – check
-   Continuing the use of Guantanamo and extradition – check
-   Maintaining Bush’s cronies in Mineral Management – check
       -Rolling Stone reported that staffers throughout the Interior Department refer to working there now as "Bush's third term."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
-   Continuing military engagements in Middle East to "support" democracy – check
-   Continuing Government bail-out policies for too big to fail entities – check
       -Rolling Stone reported that staffers throughout the Interior Department refer to working there now as "Bush's third term."

True. Obama is Bush on steroids. If being a big government supporter and socially liberal makes you a neo con, then they are both neo cons.

If wasting your vote on Ron Paul to help keep Obama in office makes you feel better, go right ahead. I will take a chance on anybody but Obama, because we already know what he will attempt do in his second term.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »
"because we already know what he will attempt do in his second term."

we do?  did i miss the memo?  will you tell me?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »

More Hope and Change.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 12:53:33 PM »

Good for you. Do you know how stupid you sound when you say things like "neo con Obama," or is that intentional, like some sort of protest?

See licknneckey's post.

True. Obama is Bush on steroids. If being a big government supporter and socially liberal makes you a neo con, then they are both neo cons.

If wasting your vote on Ron Paul to help keep Obama in office makes you feel better, go right ahead. I will take a chance on anybody but Obama, because we already know what he will attempt do in his second term.

I can't vote for a GOP candidate again and certainly not Obama. I don't want that on my conscience when Neo Con Mitt Romney starts world war III or Neo Con Obama continues to crap all over everything. The GOP could win if they just supported Ron Paul, but unfortunately they've got their heads buried in Neo Con propaganda network Fox News.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »

Where have you been for the last 3 years?  Just look at California, Greece, Italy, etc, and you will see what direction he wants to go. Those are his models of success.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
my favorite part is how neo-con's hate Obama even though he is really good at neo-conning

-at first i thought it was because he was black, now i think it is because there is a D next to his name and they are dumb

Where have you been for the last 3 years?  Just look at California, Greece, Italy, etc, and you will see what direction he wants to go. Those are his models of success.

Hur Hur Hur

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 01:44:55 PM »

we do?  did i miss the memo?  will you tell me?

Do you really need to be told? Ok, let's look into my crystal ball. If Obama wins in 2012, he will:
1. Continue to prop up the Affordable Care Act, expanding its bureaucracy and feeding it more and more resources.
2. Continue to push for greater "investment" in "green energy" and continue the stanglehold on domestic oil production.
3. Appoint another liberal justice to the SC to replace Ginsburg.

In addition, he will pursue:
4. Amnesty for illegal immigrants in the continuing quest to put another ethnic group in the Democrats' pockets.
5. Raising taxes, significantly, in order to prop up the entitlement programs which he will refuse to reform. This includes making the tax code more progressive, by raising marginal rates on the top bracket and perhaps even adding another tax bracket.

Of course, he won't be able to accomplish much on Items 4 and 5, because the GOP will retain the House, making any new legislation impossible. And really, that's just what we need. More gridlock as we add billions of dollars every rough ridin' day to the national debt. Obama 2012!!! Hope and Change!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:58:26 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »