Author Topic: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?  (Read 14229 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:58:22 AM »
I'll limit it to 3 plausible choices: Cain, Gingrich, and Romney. (Please don't clutter up this thread with a bunch of Ron Paul BS. It ain't gonna happen.) This isn't just for conservatives. I'd also be interested to know who the liberals think is most beatable.

Newt's my favorite candidate, but he's probably not quite as "electable" as Romney. Romney has the best chance of winning, but he's not as conservative as Newt. At this point, I'd probably have to go with Romney, but if Obama drops back into the low 40s, I'd take a gamble on Newt. Pair either one with Rubio and it will be formidable ticket.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:13:45 AM »
Sorry Bill O'reilly, but my vote is for Ron Paul.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »

that's a throwaway and you know it.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:24:49 AM »

that's a throwaway and you know it.

Why? Is that what Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck told you?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
I guess I knew this would happen. Here's the national polling. Paul is currently a distant fifth, stuck between Perry and Bachman. It will not happen. But by all means, go ahead and write Paul's name in on the ballot, and pat yourself on the back when President Obama starts his second term.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:45:53 AM »
I guess I knew this would happen. Here's the national polling. Paul is currently a distant fifth, stuck between Perry and Bachman. It will not happen. But by all means, go ahead and write Paul's name in on the ballot, and pat yourself on the back when President Obama starts his second term.

I will. That will teach the GOP a lesson when the Paul supporters throw the election.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »

I will. That will teach the GOP a lesson when the Paul supporters throw the election.

no it won't.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »

no it won't.

It will. The GOP butt hurt will be off the charts. The racist Tea Party may just lose it.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
I'd love to see Cain so we can find out just how racist America is. Highest independent vote percentage ever! :excited:
:adios:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
The only reason Ron Paul isn't a realistic candidate is because the media says so and the general public says "herp derp, well ok then CNN and Fox!".

He is a threat to the GOP machine and the Liberal machine. He's conservative without being a social conservative. He's liberal without being out of touch with reality. That is why he isn't a "realistic candidate". Too many wallets in Washington would get thin with him in office.

Maybe instead of creating the Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street and patting ourselves on the back for a "true grass roots movement" we could convince 30 million people to not vote for the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 11:05:59 AM by AbeFroman »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
And he's totally cool with Iran having nukes. I mean, come on, how could anybody not support this guy?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:39 AM »
The only reason Ron Paul isn't a realistic candidate is because the media says so and the general public says "herp derp, well ok then CNN and Fox!".

He is a threat to the GOP machine and the Liberal machine. He's conservative without being a social conservative. He's liberal without being out of touch with reality. That is why he isn't a "realistic candidate". Too many wallets in Washington would get thin with him in office.

Maybe instead of creating the Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street and patting ourselves on the back for a "true grass roots movement" we could convince 30 million people to not vote for the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right.

Very well said. A LOT of companies know they won't make any money from him like they will Mitt or Barry, so they have the media throw him under the buss.

And he's totally cool with Iran having nukes. I mean, come on, how could anybody not support this guy?

Eat that war propaganda....eaaaatt it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »

It is not propagana. It is true. .

Now, you can make a sensible argument, as Paul does, that Iran is not as close to developing nukes as some believe, but to suggest that it is just dandy for a theocracy run by the Mullahas and publicly avowed to the destruction of Israel to possess nuclear weapons - because China and Russia have them?! - is just quackery. Even if the Mullahs do have some interest in self-preservation, it is only a matter of time before fissile material falls, or is sold, into the wrong hands.

Further, it is idiotic to suggest as Paul does, that those who don't agree with him are beating the war drums. Israel will start the war if we can't use other means to stop Iran from acquiring these weapons. We want to avoid a war, not start one, and avoid even greater instability in the middle east. Please pull your head out of Ron Paul's ass.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:12:30 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 12:16:46 PM »

Now, you can make a seansible argument, as Paul does, that Iran is not as close to developing nukes as some believe, but to suggest that it is just dandy for a theocracy run by the Mullahas and publicly avowed to the destruction of Israel to possess nuclear weapons - because China and Russia have them?! - is just quackery. Even if the Mullahs do have some interest in self-preservation, it is only a matter of time before fissile material falls, or is sold, into the wrong hands.

Further, to suggest as Paul does, that those who don't agree with him are beating the war drums is idiotic. Israel will start the war if we can't use other means to stop Iran from acquiring these weapons. we're trying to avoid a war, not start one. Please pull your head out of Ron Paul's ass.

I know it's true, but who are we to tell Iran what they can and can't do? The reason they hate us in the first place is because we staged a coup in 1953 to overthrow the first democratically elected government in Persian history. Why? For oil, of course. Then they may be a little bitter because those WMDs that Iraq used on them were 100% made in the USA. So why can't we just sit this one out? They're a third world country. The neo cons are hell bent on beating the war drum on Iran, and if they have to do it through their puppet Israel, they will.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 12:24:13 PM »
I prefer Cain.  None of the candidates are really palatable but I like him better than Romney and I just loathe Newt.  Things went pretty well the last time we had a sexual harrasser in the white house so he has that going for him.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wildfratcountry

• Fan
  • meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »

Now, you can make a seansible argument, as Paul does, that Iran is not as close to developing nukes as some believe, but to suggest that it is just dandy for a theocracy run by the Mullahas and publicly avowed to the destruction of Israel to possess nuclear weapons - because China and Russia have them?! - is just quackery. Even if the Mullahs do have some interest in self-preservation, it is only a matter of time before fissile material falls, or is sold, into the wrong hands.

Further, to suggest as Paul does, that those who don't agree with him are beating the war drums is idiotic. Israel will start the war if we can't use other means to stop Iran from acquiring these weapons. we're trying to avoid a war, not start one. Please pull your head out of Ron Paul's ass.

I know it's true, but who are we to tell Iran what they can and can't do? The reason they hate us in the first place is because we staged a coup in 1953 to overthrow the first democratically elected government in Persian history. Why? For oil, of course. Then they may be a little bitter because those WMDs that Iraq used on them were 100% made in the USA. So why can't we just sit this one out? They're a third world country. The neo cons are hell bent on beating the war drum on Iran, and if they have to do it through their puppet Israel, they will.

this.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 02:49:07 PM »
1. Cain - i do not agree with many of Cain's politics but like many of the qualities he brings to the table.

2. Romney - i agree with more of his policies but see him as a pandering career politician who is so squeaky clean he must be dirty.

3. Newt -  :barf:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »

Very well said. A LOT of companies know they won't make any money from him like they will Mitt or Barry, so they have the media throw him under the buss.

To understand the true danger of a nuclear Iran, you need to understand the 12th Imam and what it means to radical Islam.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s fascination with the return of Shiite Muslims’ messiah and what that means if Ahmadinejad is armed with nuclear weapons.

“Ahmadinejad belongs to the mainstream of Shi’a Islam, known as ‘Twelvers,’” an article posted at www.kairosjournal.org stated. “They recognize a historical succession of Imams, connected by family ties, commencing with Muhammad and concluding with the 12th Imam.”

The 12th Imam was born around 868 A.D. at a time of great persecution of Shiites, the journal explained, and in order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. He appeared in public briefly at the age of 6 when his father died but then went back into obscurity. Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims, and they expect his “messianic” return to bring order from chaos and righteousness from unbelief, Kairos said.

“President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect.”

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/understandingislam/12thImam_BaptistPress060817.aspx

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 05:22:45 PM »
oooh CBN

:flush:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »

To understand the true danger of a nuclear Iran, you need to understand the 12th Imam and what it means to radical Islam.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s fascination with the return of Shiite Muslims’ messiah and what that means if Ahmadinejad is armed with nuclear weapons.

“Ahmadinejad belongs to the mainstream of Shi’a Islam, known as ‘Twelvers,’” an article posted at www.kairosjournal.org stated. “They recognize a historical succession of Imams, connected by family ties, commencing with Muhammad and concluding with the 12th Imam.”

The 12th Imam was born around 868 A.D. at a time of great persecution of Shiites, the journal explained, and in order to protect him, his father, the 11th Imam, sent him into hiding. He appeared in public briefly at the age of 6 when his father died but then went back into obscurity. Shiites believe he continues to guide Muslims, and they expect his “messianic” return to bring order from chaos and righteousness from unbelief, Kairos said.

“President Ahmadinejad seems to think that the time is ripe for the 12th Imam’s reappearance and that, as president, he should play a role in opening the way for his return,” the journal said. “He is reported to have said in one of his cabinet sessions, ‘We have to turn Iran into a modern and divine country to be the model for all nations, and which will also serve as the basis for the return of the 12th Imam.’”

Like Bernard Lewis of Princeton, the Kairos authors said Ahmadinejad seems to believe “that the hand of God is guiding him to trigger a series of cataclysmic events which could precipitate the return of the 12th Imam. Only time will tell if this is his true conviction; but if he does hold such a view, his possession of nuclear weapons is a particularly scary prospect.”

http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/understandingislam/12thImam_BaptistPress060817.aspx

This is run of the mill anti-Muslim propaganda that has plagued and fearmongerd the US since 9/11, and the fact that you linked to a Christian neo conservative news website is just fantastic. That site is like Fox News but geared specifically to Michelle Bachmann supporters.

Poor Iran though. They haven't done crap to anybody, and they're about to get blitzkrieged into pre 1953 days when they had a puppet government ran by British Petroleum.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 07:51:04 PM »

I love Ron Paul as much as the next guy, but his foreign policy positions are flat out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

He should coach the fiscal conservatives on how to answer idiodic "social" policy questions.  Too many overly sympathetic retards vote democrat because they feel guilty about how the special interest groups are treated.  Telling blacks, hispanics and lgbt's that they have their interest at heart is how the libs pick up 15 million votes without doing a single thing to help those people.

His economic policy would crush the country in the short term and make it stronger than crap in the long term.  too bad he'd have to push it through this thing called congress, so a) it would never happen and b)he wouldn't be there long enough to see it through

It would be nice to see someone attack crony capitalism, I think Obama said he was on it  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »

I love Ron Paul as much as the next guy, but his foreign policy positions are flat out Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
Disagree. Believe it or not, we don't need to invade a country every few years for there to be world peace. 

He should coach the fiscal conservatives on how to answer idiodic "social" policy questions.  Too many overly sympathetic retards vote democrat because they feel guilty about how the special interest groups are treated.  Telling blacks, hispanics and lgbt's that they have their interest at heart is how the libs pick up 15 million votes without doing a single thing to help those people.

Agree. Putting everything over to states rights is not only is a good way to get around that, but is really the way it should be. The problem is that there are tons of super religious republican retards that think that gays are the greatest threat to society so it should be a federal issue.

His economic policy would crush the country in the short term and make it stronger than crap in the long term.  too bad he'd have to push it through this thing called congress, so a) it would never happen and b)he wouldn't be there long enough to see it through

Agree. I dont even want to know how far GDP would fall. Obviously over 1 trillion, but it would work long term.

It would be nice to see someone attack crony capitalism, I think Obama said he was on it  :lol:

This might be something we're going to have to live with

But Ron Paul has already won, since he's injected his ideas into the mainstream and has really changed the conversation. I know none of the other bought and paid for candidates actually mean what they say, but they're sounding a lot more like Ron Paul. All of this has the establishment pulling their hair out which is what we need.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 08:13:24 PM »

Disagree. Believe it or not, we don't need to invade a country every few years for there to be world peace. 

Agree. Putting everything over to states rights is not only is a good way to get around that, but is really the way it should be. The problem is that there are tons of super religious republican retards that think that gays are the greatest threat to society so it should be a federal issue.

Agree. I dont even want to know how far GDP would fall. Obviously over 1 trillion, but it would work long term.

This might be something we're going to have to live with

But Ron Paul has already won, since he's injected his ideas into the mainstream and has really changed the conversation. I know none of the other bought and paid for candidates actually mean what they say, but they're sounding a lot more like Ron Paul. All of this has the establishment pulling their hair out which is what we need.

His foreign policy is more than just, close all the overseas bases.  It's completely ignore what the psychopaths are doing until they kill another 3,000 people in the US.  I love his stance on sovereignty, etc., but even dumbfuck B.O. toned down his "if we close gitmo they'll stop being mad" nonsense once he got his hands on actual military intelligence.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »

This is run of the mill anti-Muslim propaganda that has plagued and fearmongerd the US since 9/11, and the fact that you linked to a Christian neo conservative news website is just fantastic. That site is like Fox News but geared specifically to Michelle Bachmann supporters.

Poor Iran though. They haven't done crap to anybody, and they're about to get blitzkrieged into pre 1953 days when they had a puppet government ran by British Petroleum.

Maybe a Washington Post editorial will suffice.  This really isn't a partisan problem, but a truly radical, possible sociopath, is in charge of a country about to obtain a nuclear bomb. He also believes in a scenario that involves Armageddon as a necessity for their savior, or whatever, to reappear.  He has no fear for himself or the population of his country becoming martyrs, and probably welcomes it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501428.html

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »
oooh CBN

:flush:

from the guy who links to Huff Post  :facepalm: