Author Topic: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?  (Read 14226 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Who do you want the GOP to nominate for 2012?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2011, 12:46:06 PM »
lol at thinking that Romney will be any different than obama

Only someone who is completely uninformed would pretend that there are no significant differences between Romney and Obama. Electing a Republican to the presidency (yes, even Romney), and enough Republicans to take back control of the Senate, is our country's only chance at fiscal sanity (well, unless you count default). It's the only way we repeal Obamcare. It's the only way we reform our asinine tax code to broaden the base and promote investment. It's the only way we make meaningful reforms to entitlement programs. It's the only way we unleash energy production and stop funneling billions of dollars to pie-in-the-sky green initiatives.

Our national debt grows by $1.5 trillion per year. Our economy is stagnant. Rome is burning, and Obama is Nero. I am aghast at the fools who don't think the 2012 election will make a difference, or worse, are rooting for the liberals.

lol at you thinking they will/can actually do those things once elected. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »

Only someone who is completely uninformed would pretend that there are no significant differences between Romney and Obama. Electing a Republican to the presidency (yes, even Romney), and enough Republicans to take back control of the Senate, is our country's only chance at fiscal sanity (well, unless you count default). It's the only way we repeal Obamcare. It's the only way we reform our asinine tax code to broaden the base and promote investment. It's the only way we make meaningful reforms to entitlement programs. It's the only way we unleash energy production and stop funneling billions of dollars to pie-in-the-sky green initiatives.

Our national debt grows by $1.5 trillion per year. Our economy is stagnant. Rome is burning, and Obama is Nero. I am aghast at the fools who don't think the 2012 election will make a difference, or worse, are rooting for the liberals.

They can, and will, because the need has never been greater. If Republicans win in 2012, it will be based upon a mandate of fiscal responsibility. It is up to Americans to deliver that mandate. They got us part way there in 2010. I hope they can do so again this coming November.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2011, 02:34:47 PM »

Obama got things done. The people hated what he did and took his House away. Should Romney get elected, he will probably have both the House and Senate and be able to get things done/changed/repealed and we will be on our way to a recovery, for which Obama will take credit.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »

Obama got things done. The people hated what he did and took his House away. Should Romney get elected, he will probably have both the House and Senate and be able to get things done/changed/repealed and we will be on our way to a recovery, for which Obama will take credit.

Maybe. I don't think Romney has the balls to cut defense spending, though, and I'm not sure why he would want to repeal his own health care plan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2011, 03:53:59 PM »

Maybe. I don't think Romney has the balls to cut defense spending, though, and I'm not sure why he would want to repeal his own health care plan.

But he might lower taxes, which would fix everything.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »

Apples - oranges,  federal - state.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »

I don't know why I even bother, but even "revenue neutral" (static scored) tax reform could, indeed, stimulate the economy, thereby creating jobs and raising revenue. Our capital gains and corporate taxes, for example, put us at a tremendous disadvantage. Wouldn't it be great if we could dramatically simplify the tax code, lowering marginal rates while at the same time eliminating deductions and loopholes? It has been done before. While we're at it, let's make sure "everyone has some skin the game," to quote our president.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »

I don't know why I even bother, but even "revenue neutral" (static scored) tax reform could, indeed, stimulate the economy, thereby creating jobs and raising revenue. Our capital gains and corporate taxes, for example, put us at a tremendous disadvantage. Wouldn't it be great if we could dramatically simplify the tax code, lowering marginal rates while at the same time eliminating deductions and loopholes? It has been done before. While we're at it, let's make sure "everyone has some skin the game," to quote our president.

Yeah, that would be great.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Nope, poor people create jobs, not rich people.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »

They can, and will, because the need has never been greater. If Republicans win in 2012, it will be based upon a mandate of fiscal responsibility. It is up to Americans to deliver that mandate. They got us part way there in 2010. I hope they can do so again this coming November.

And they'll be called noncompassionate assholes the entire way for doing it.  It's hard being the adult in the room saying, "No, you can't have that you already have a, b, c, d, e, f, g, . . .."

Dems = Adolescent Johnson County 16 year old girl who got a brand new Honda Pilot for Christmas rather than the Range Rover she asked for, and is lashing out at Daddy until he makes it right.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2011, 09:40:56 AM »

And they'll be called noncompassionate assholes the entire way for doing it.  It's hard being the adult in the room saying, "No, you can't have that you already have a, b, c, d, e, f, g, . . .."

Dems = Adolescent Johnson County 16 year old girl who got a brand new Honda Pilot for Christmas rather than the Range Rover she asked for, and is lashing out at Daddy until he makes it right.

Quick question: what are the republicans going to tell the people they can't have?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2011, 11:13:43 AM »
Quick question: what are the republicans going to tell the people they can't have?

Quick answer: we don't know yet, but likely less Medicare spending for those currently under 55, less Medicaid spending, raising the retirement age for social security, and less government fundng at virtually every department, which trickles down to scaling back any number of federal programs and funding. It may look something like this.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
If Romney is nominated, I'd probably try to watch the debates with Obama. If any if the others were nominated, I'd plan my week around it and probably TiVo it just in case.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2012, 10:25:22 PM »

If the GOP wants to win, they'll pick Romney.  I think the GOP wants to win.

Question:  What is the OWS stance on Campaign Funding inequality? 

I read somewhere that Obama is going to blow $1,000,000,000 on lies, misinformation, branding, hired "grass roots" supporters and other idiotic crap he was going to fix once elected, hope and change and all.  Is Campaign Funding equality one of the OWS 12-18 demands?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd