Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251224 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #650 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:46 AM »
I know the timeline MIR.  But what is on the timeline isn't necessarily what Paterno knew at that time.  Still, I find it hard to believe that Paterno never caught wind of anything.  Sandusky was in the PSU weightroom last week, that should tell us all we need to know.

BTW, it isn't about making Gods out of sports figures, it is about wanting to believe that people that you have been led to believe are good people actually are good.  

Don't know if the man is good or not but he essentially lived a lie for at least 13 years.  If he truly cared about the victims, which I'm sure he does on some level, I don't know how he could sleep every night knowing that Sandusky still shared space with him until last week.  One aspect of this that isn't being talked about much was Paterno, McQueary, and the PSU staff were out recruiting kids when a known child molester was hanging out at the football complex.  If I were a parent of a player that was recruited to the school under the circumstances that existed I would be livid.  These guys were selling safety, family, and other similar bullshit all while harboring a known child rapist in the football facility. 

The guy did many great things for PSU and it seems like all of his former players love him like a father but its tough to ignore the elephant in the room.  It just seems to me that his actions or lack thereof were so self-serving.  Much of this is the fault of the people around him being entirely comprised of yes men and fanboys.  It's pretty easy to make poor, self-serving decisions when every decision you make is rubber stamped.  Like the story about the University President going to his house a few years ago to talk to him about retirement and Paterno literally kicked the UP out of his house.  The UP was his boss for gods sake and he didn't have the power/nuts to do what was obviously best for the school and force Paterno to retire and Paterno couldn't himself see the right thing to do because he was drunk with power.

What Paterno knew and his actions will be under extreme scrutiny with the DOE investigation and the numerous civil lawsuits he is sure to be named in. 

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2011, 06:46:08 AM »
While you folks argue over morality State College burns

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Everyone should be happy.

Obviously, anti-rapists.

PSU football fans now don't have to go through all the weirdness we do about how in the eff do we fire our super-old HOF football coach.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 10, 2011, 07:13:50 AM »
According to a grand jury report, the graduate student entered a locker room on a Friday night in 2002 to stow away some sneakers.

"As the graduate student entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on," the grand jury report stated. "He then heard rhythmic, slapping sounds."

The assistant looked into the shower and "saw a naked boy ... whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky," the grand jury report stated.

Curley testified he told Spanier of information he received from the graduate assistant, and Schultz said Spanier approved the decision to ban Sandusky from bringing children into the football locker room, according to the report.

Spanier:  So let me get this straight, Sandusky is anal raping children in the locker room shower?
Curley:  Yep...that's right
Spanier:  Well, we gotta keep him outta that locker room, at least if he's got a child with him.
Curley:  Sounds good to me.
Spanier:  Ok then...what's next on the agenda.

All of these mother fuckers, including the ball-less grad assistant that stood by while a 10 year old got raped, should be shot.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:21:40 AM by Fuktard »

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 10, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
PSU football fans now don't have to go through all the weirdness we do about how in the eff do we fire our super-old HOF football coach.

yes. very jealous.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 10, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »
Crazy way for JoePa to end his career.  A humongous black eye on the face of a man whose only blemish up to this point has been his GIANT rough ridin' NOSE.

^what I would tweet if I were a tweet-guy

JoPa has been guilty of similar hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil behavior with his players for years and years.

I bet you're a blast at parties.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 10, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »
he doesn't have to know anything about the crimes for his integrity to be shot.  he just has to have reason to suspect something bad happened, and then bury his head in the sand or, worse, possibly help to cover it up.

edit:  re: nicname's integrity issue
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:07:09 AM by chum1 »

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 10, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
you have to be some kind of other wordly piece of crap to walk in on someone raping a 10 year old boy and not rip the guys rough ridin' face off....i don't care if it's Brock Lesnar, you gotta die trying.  This whole thing makes me sick, absolutely sick.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:24 AM »
Dear ednksu,

It doesn't matter if Paterno was told that his assistant coach was anally raping a 10 year old, or just "doing something sexual."  Doesn't. rough ridin'. Matter. Still sexual assault on a child. Still needs to be fired, banned from the complex, and reported to the police. Anyone who saw it, was told about it, or knew about it, should be fired for not going to the police.  Instead Paterno allowed this molester to RUN A CHARITY FOR CHILDREN FROM HIS OFFICE AT THE FOOTBALL FACILITY and continue to have access to the facilites/locker rooms/showers.  GMAFB with the Paterno is too old bullshit defense.  If he is coherent enough to even act like he is running a major football program, he is coherent enough to know what the right thing to do was.

Love,
8manpick
:adios:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »
TheBigLead Jason McIntyre
Uh-oh RT @nathanielkraft Mark Madden just said on WEEI that reports coming that Sandusky & Second Mile pimped out young boys to rich donors

:eek:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
 :sdeek:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2011, 08:41:48 AM »
Dear ednksu,

It doesn't matter if Paterno was told that his assistant coach was anally raping a 10 year old, or just "doing something sexual."  Doesn't. rough ridin'. Matter. Still sexual assault on a child. Still needs to be fired, banned from the complex, and reported to the police. Anyone who saw it, was told about it, or knew about it, should be fired for not going to the police.  Instead Paterno allowed this molester to RUN A CHARITY FOR CHILDREN FROM HIS OFFICE AT THE FOOTBALL FACILITY and continue to have access to the facilites/locker rooms/showers.  GMAFB with the Paterno is too old bullshit defense.  If he is coherent enough to even act like he is running a major football program, he is coherent enough to know what the right thing to do was.

Love,
8manpick

Thank you!!  Jesus eff I'm just catching up on this thread and I can't believe it took somebody THAT long to point that out.  

And the excuse that "well, the old guy's just not all there anymore and couldn't really understand what the GA was telling him, so let's not be mean to him" is just rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  If he's too old or senile to comprehend what he was being told and MAKE GOD DAMNED SURE he had all the information, then he should be gone anyway.  He's the CEO of a very large and powerful institution.  If he can't properly handle or understand issues that come up, he should've been fired a long time ago.  It's not an excuse, it's just another reason he should be fired.

If some GA comes into my office and hints that he saw an old football coach in the shower with a 10 year old, I'm gonna demand details.  Then I'm gonna beat the crap out of him for not stopping it.  Then I'm gonna drag is ass to the police station to make sure the cops get a first-hand statement of what he saw.  Then I'm gonna stop by the AD and President's office on the way back from the police station and let them know that Sandusky is not to set foot on campus ever again and somebody needs to take his rough ridin' keys.  Of course the AD and President are going to listen to me, because I'm THE MOST POWERFUL PERSON ON CAMPUS!  And don't forget that.  You know what's gonna come out in the next few days/weeks/months?  JoePa was the one that directed the AD and President on how to handle the situation...which included keeping it under wraps.  You can count on that..
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2011, 08:44:47 AM »
Edn is so butthurt that Paterno was fired over the phone nothing else matters guys. I'm sure he was just as butthurt when Wooly was fired immediately after his last game.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
I think you'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a cover up

Here's his piece from 6 months ago.  Probably already in this thread somewhere:
Madden: Sandusky a State secret Mark Madden Timesonline.com | 10 comments

The Jerry Sandusky situation seems a matter of failure to connect certain dots, or perhaps unwillingness in that regard. Lots of people besides the former Penn State defensive coordinator have some explaining to do.

Allegations of improper conduct with an underage male first surfaced in 1998, while Sandusky was still employed by Penn State. That incident allegedly occurred in a shower at Penn State's on-campus football facility. No charges were filed.

Sandusky retired the next year, in 1999. He was 55, prime age for a coach. Odd, to say the least - especially with Joe Paterno thought even then to be ready to quit and Sandusky a likely, openly-discussed successor.

It seems logical to ask: What did Paterno know, and when did he know it? What did Penn State's administration know, and when did they know it?

Best-case scenario: Charges are never brought, and Sandusky walks away with his reputation permanently scarred. The rumors, the jokes, the sideways glances - they won't ever stop. Paterno and Penn State do the great escape.

Worst-case scenario: Sandusky is charged. Then it seems reasonable to wonder: Did Penn State not make an issue of Sandusky's alleged behavior in 1998 in exchange for him walking away from the program at an age premature for most coaches? Did Penn State's considerable influence help get Sandusky off the hook?

Don't kid yourself. That could happen. Don't underestimate the power of Paterno and Penn State in central Pennsylvania when it comes to politicians, the police and the media.

In 1999, Penn State was rid of Sandusky. His rep was unblemished, which allowed him to continue running a charitable foundation that gave him access to underage males. To be a volunteer assistant with a high school football team, thus gaining access to underage males.

If Paterno and Penn State knew, but didn't act, instead facilitating Sandusky's untroubled retirement - are Paterno and Penn State responsible for untoward acts since committed by Sandusky?

This is far from an outrageous hypothesis, especially given the convenient timeline.

Initially accused in 1998. Retires in 1999. Never coaches college football again. Sandusky was very successful at what he did. The architect of Linebacker U. Helped win national championships in 1982 and 1986. Recognized as college football's top assistant in 1986 and 1999.

Never any stories about Sandusky being pursued for a high-profile job. Never any rumors about him coming out of retirement.

But there's no shortage of stories and rumors about Penn State football sweeping problems under the rug, is there?

Why did college football let an accomplished coach like Sandusky walk away at 55? Why did he disappear into relative anonymity?

A grand jury, spurred by a complaint made by a 15-year-old boy in 2009, has been investigating Sandusky for 18 months. Witnesses include Paterno and Penn State athletic director Tim Curley. Interviewing Paterno about a subject like this had to have been one of the single most uncomfortable acts in the history of jurisprudence.

Plenty of questions remain yet unanswered. Potentially among them: What's more important, Penn State football or the welfare of a few kids?

You might not want to hear the answer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 10, 2011, 08:53:03 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry-sandusky-donors-2011-11

Would think the pimping out part would have come out earlier from one of the kids, but who knows.  The resign/cover-up exchange seems very likely though.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 10, 2011, 08:55:27 AM »
I think you'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a cover up

Here's his piece from 6 months ago. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 10, 2011, 08:55:39 AM »
You're about 80 years too old for him Joe, hands off

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 10, 2011, 09:07:11 AM »
You're about 80 years too old for him Joe, hands off

Not that it matters what a guy looks like when you're 10 and he's raping you, but how rough ridin' disgusting is Sandusky?  I mean...just gross.  :barf:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:00 AM »

Can't decide if I picked the worst weekend or best weekend to go to Penn State.

Going tomorrow night  :runaway:

Can't imagine what Nebraska fans are going to do with this.  :sdeek:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 10, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »
This is just too much.  I just heard on Mike and Mike that, as we all suspected, Sandusky was "definitely visible" within the PSU program even after the 2002 incident.  This comes from an interview they did with former PSU Paul Pasloski, who didn't arrive on campus until 2003, a year after the McQueary incident occurred.

Pasloski said that, "He was definitely visible, and around.  He was the guy you went to, because of his Second Mile foundation, when you wanted to do some work in the community."  This was throughout Pasloski's entire time at PSU.  There is no way that Joe Paterno didn't know and to knowingly harbor this guy on campus along with the rest of the PSU higher-ups is unforgivable.    
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 10, 2011, 09:12:59 AM »

Best. No question. There will never be another weekend like this in college football.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 10, 2011, 09:13:31 AM »

duct tape their a-holes.  i feel bad for both team's players having this game this week.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »

Best. No question. There will never be another weekend like this in college football.

#TeamBest

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
I'm going to be live tweeting this entire weekend, so stay tuned!