Author Topic: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse  (Read 251354 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Penn St's AD Tim Curley charge with perjury: sex abuse
« Reply #625 on: November 10, 2011, 12:22:18 AM »
I believe Joe Pa had NO IDEA what the eff was going on. I believe he is a confused old guy who shut the entire outside world out to everything but football. 

That right there is enough to damn him.  So, what's your problem?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:19 AM »
I've been pretty much stuck to this story for the last few days.  The one question that has been going through my mind all day is, "What did Paterno really know?" I can assume he did or didn't know this that and the other thing, but those assumptions are wavering.  

I'll be honest, I'd rather find out that Joe's only knowledge of any of this is the incident where the GA told him.  I'd rather that be the case, though I'm not confident that it is.

I don't know if we'll ever know.

Well I'm going to assume that he knew about the incident in 1998, I mean everyone important in Centre County knew.  What other people are are having a hard time understanding is that the shower raping in 2002 shouldn't have happened because the creep was caught in 1998.  Isn't Paterno the CEO of the football program?  The people that had access to that facility is his responsibility.  What he knew or didn't know after the second raping in 2002 is irrelevant.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »
I believe Joe Pa had NO IDEA what the eff was going on. I believe he is a confused old guy who shut the entire outside world out to everything but football. 

damn him to go at the end of the season for sure. he should have done more.  he admits that. 
If you watched him in front of his home, I still don't think he understands he is done at PennSt. 

Let him go.  EVERYONE knows he is forced out.  EVERYONE knows why.  His legacy is tarnished by his own actions.  There is no need to have the BOT carry out their vendetta they have had for almost a decade.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26:21 AM »
I'm not going to settle down.  you once again tried to call me out, out of turn.  Same thing as the 16 team conference thread and a few others.  Once it became clear you had no idea what you were talking about the rest of the crowd turned on you.   Don't be a bitch and try to PI people when you can't. Bring a comment, make sense and have a discussion.

Now you are right that the rest of the ADept dropped the ball letting this rough rider on campus.  My understanding is that because he escaped by retiring or 'retiring' he still was allowed campus access.  For all we know the chicken crap AD was worried more about this whack job suing for some sort of breach of contract instead of just manning up and axing him. 

I believe Joe Pa had NO IDEA what the eff was going on. I believe he is a confused old guy who shut the entire outside world out to everything but football.  I think he will be dead in a few years once he retired, now with this on his shoulders, probably sooner.

I've seen two conflicting reports about what he was told.  One being the GTA and his daddy told him it was something sexual.  the other being something much more graphic and specific.  I believe the media lined up the timelines and went with the latter.  I think that when things were eventually explained to Joe he shut down and couldn't mentally process it.  He was roughly 70 years old at that time.  How many 70 year olds do you know could handle someone saying your good friend is a child raper? especially when a chicken crap AD is the one telling you half truths. 
Even conceding that he "couldn't mentally process" the fact that one of his assistants was doing "something sexual" with a child in the locker room, Paterno is still being immorally negligent and should be fired.  

The "give him a break he's an old man" defense just does not fly.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2011, 12:29:22 AM »
now I will add a huge, UNFAIR, asterisk to my posts with what @sportsbybrooks is reporting
https://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSBYBROOKS

Says there is a new shocking allegation coming out in the next couple days.  If he brings credible evidence that there is more: accusations/meetings/conference/phonecalls/charges whatever that changes the game.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: November 10, 2011, 12:29:50 AM »

The dude posted and reposted a link that Jerry Sandusky raped a kid in the shower in 1998.  The rape was reported and investigated, even the victims mother knew, Sandusky was forced to resign, but this edn dude is focusing on what Paterno knew after the THIRD shower raping in 2002.

He's either too stupid or hard headed to realize how stupid the "he didn't know" defense is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »
I've been pretty much stuck to this story for the last few days.  The one question that has been going through my mind all day is, "What did Paterno really know?" I can assume he did or didn't know this that and the other thing, but those assumptions are wavering.  

I'll be honest, I'd rather find out that Joe's only knowledge of any of this is the incident where the GA told him.  I'd rather that be the case, though I'm not confident that it is.

Well I'm going to assume that he knew about the incident in 1998, I mean everyone important in Centre County knew.  What other people are are having a hard time understanding is that the shower raping in 2002 shouldn't have happened because the creep was caught in 1998.  Isn't Paterno the CEO of the football program?  The people that had access to that facility is his responsibility.  What he knew or didn't know after the second raping in 2002 is irrelevant.

Sorry the 2002 raping was the third reported shower raping not the second.  Yeah the he didn't know argument makes perfect since.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 10, 2011, 12:34:20 AM »

Exactly, you assume it, and I begrudgingly do to.  But I don't want to believe tat Joe Pa knowingly let this scumbag continue to victimize kids.  We'll probably never know for sure, and maybe it is best to stop worrying about what Joe knew.  He has to deal with his conscience regardless of whether we know the truth or not.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2011, 12:37:16 AM »
If you watched him in front of his home, I still don't think he understands he is done at PennSt. 

Why do you think he doesn't know what's going on?  He doesn't speak well obviously, but if you listen to what he's actually saying it's surprisingly coherent.  I've watched the scene with him in front of his house a few times and haven't seen a senile old man.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2011, 12:38:37 AM »

The dude posted and reposted a link that Jerry Sandusky raped a kid in the shower in 1998.  The rape was reported and investigated, even the victims mother knew, Sandusky was forced to resign, but this edn dude is focusing on what Paterno knew after the THIRD shower raping in 2002.

He's either too stupid or hard headed to realize how stupid the "he didn't know" defense is.
oh you mean the attack which the police didn't purse and the ADA didn't file charges on

or the attack that NO ONE reported to the police or school admin

1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.
1999 -- Sandusky retires from Penn State after coaching there for 32 years, but stays on as a volunteer and retains full access to the campus and football facilities.
2000 -- Sandusky allegedly showers with a young boy and tries to touch his genitals during overnight stays at the coach's house, according to the now 24-year-old man's testimony included in the grand jury report.
2000 -- Tim Calhoun, a janitor at the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, tells his supervisor and another janitor that he saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a young boy, according to the grand jury report. A second janitor reported that he saw Sandusky and a boy leave a shower room and walk out of the building hand in hand. No one reports the incident to university officials or law enforcement, according to the grand jury report.

This is where it becomes apparent to everyone in the thread you don't know what the eff you are talking about and you keep trying to be a smart ass.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 10, 2011, 12:42:32 AM »

Why do you think he doesn't know what's going on?  He doesn't speak well obviously, but if you listen to what he's actually saying it's surprisingly coherent.  I've watched the scene with him in front of his house a few times and haven't seen a senile old man.
I was just going by what ESPN said specifically.  Also the way he acts on the sidelines and in press conferences doesn't make me believe he is all there. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 10, 2011, 12:44:01 AM »

oh you mean the attack which the police didn't purse and the ADA didn't file charges on

1998 -- Penn State police and the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare investigate an incident in which the mother of an 11-year-old boy reported that Sandusky had showered with her son and may have had inappropriate conduct with him. In a June 1, 1998, interview with investigators from both agencies, Sandusky admits showering naked with the boy, admitting that it was wrong and promising not to do it again, according to the grand jury report. The district attorney advises investigators that no charges will be filed and the university police chief instructs that the case be closed, according to the testimony included in the grand jury report of the police detective who investigated the incident.
1999 -- Sandusky retires from Penn State after coaching there for 32 years, but stays on as a volunteer and retains full access to the campus and football facilities.
2000 -- Sandusky allegedly showers with a young boy and tries to touch his genitals during overnight stays at the coach's house, according to the now 24-year-old man's testimony included in the grand jury report.
2000 -- Tim Calhoun, a janitor at the Lasch Football Building on the Penn State campus, tells his supervisor and another janitor that he saw Sandusky performing oral sex on a young boy, according to the grand jury report. A second janitor reported that he saw Sandusky and a boy leave a shower room and walk out of the building hand in hand. No one reports the incident to university officials or law enforcement, according to the grand jury report.

This is where it becomes apparent to everyone in the thread you don't know what the eff you are talking about and you keep trying to be a smart ass.

:facepalm:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »

Exactly, you assume it, and I begrudgingly do to.  But I don't want to believe tat Joe Pa knowingly let this scumbag continue to victimize kids.  We'll probably never know for sure, and maybe it is best to stop worrying about what Joe knew.  He has to deal with his conscience regardless of whether we know the truth or not.

Stop worshipping sports personalities like rough ridin' gods.  The man one person below him on the totem pole was CAUGHT raping children at the place of work that they share three times in four years.  The AD knew, he was forced into retirement, the campus cops knew, the DA knew, the state department of child welfare knew, the parents knew, janitors knew, janitor supervisors knew, but the rapists immediate supervisor didn't?  Come on man, you can't even play devils advocate with credibility faced with these facts.  What other walk of life would this even be a question about after the first time, we're talking about what he knew after the third time nic.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 10, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »

Stop worshipping sports personalities like rough ridin' gods.  The man one person below him on the totem pole was CAUGHT raping children at the place of work that they share three times in four years.  The AD knew, he was forced into retirement, the campus cops knew, the DA knew, the state department of child welfare knew, the parents knew, janitors knew, janitor supervisors knew, but the rapists immediate supervisor didn't?  Come on man, you can't even play devils advocate with credibility faced with these facts.  What other walk of life would this even be a question about after the first time, we're talking about what he knew after the third time nic.
are you even reading stuff or are you just making this up as you go along?

The FACTS as reported by ESPN say that in 2002 he was informed of something sexual in nature, maybe horse play, maybe some sort of fondling.  The GTA dropped the ball and did not report it correctly to the police or the admin.  I have never seen anything that says he was forced to retire, so I challenge you for a link.  He went to the AD and that is why the AD is now under arrest, not him. 

Try and get at me with FACTS instead of your own supposition.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 10, 2011, 12:52:36 AM »

:facepalm:

just napalm State College, PA.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 10, 2011, 12:54:20 AM »

Holy crap!  You really do believe that the AD, campus police, city police, county DA, the state of Pennsylvania, the parents of the victims, and janitors who clean the facility knew but the rapists immediate supervisor who works with the rapist every single day at the place where the rapes occurred didn't know.  I am at a loss for words.  I hope you never are in charge or supervising a group of people, its highly likely that NAMBLA may run the entire orginization out of your office.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55:58 AM »

Holy crap!  You really do believe that the AD, campus police, city police, county DA, the state of Pennsylvania, the parents of the victims, and janitors who clean the facility knew but the rapists immediate supervisor who works with the rapist every single day at the place where the rapes occurred didn't know.  I am at a loss for words.  I hope you never are in charge or supervising a group of people, its highly likely that NAMBLA may run the entire orginization out of your office.

Nice use of facts as always.

Good thing a Grand Jury doesn't work like you. 

keep trying.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:20 AM »
Pennsylvania's a dangerous football state. Vick in Philly, Sandusky in State College, BigBen in Pitt. Thats a (dog) murderers row of rapists

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 10, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
I know the timeline MIR.  But what is on the timeline isn't necessarily what Paterno knew at that time.  Still, I find it hard to believe that Paterno never caught wind of anything.  Sandusky was in the PSU weightroom last week, that should tell us all we need to know.

BTW, it isn't about making Gods out of sports figures, it is about wanting to believe that people that you have been led to believe are good people actually are good.  

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 10, 2011, 01:07:38 AM »
I know the timeline MIR.  But what is on the timeline isn't necessarily what Paterno knew at that time.  Still, I find it hard to believe that Paterno never caught wind of anything.  Sandusky was in the PSU weightroom last week, that should tell us all we need to know.

BTW, it isn't about making Gods out of sports figures, it is about wanting to believe that people that you have been led to believe are good people actually are good.  

Tiger got hung out to dry for rough ridin' some hoes and no one gives a crap.

JoePa is old and lacks integrity to see that a molester isn't allowed to molest any longer and people want to get pissed that he's fired?

Give me a break. No one is saying Joe is the only one to blame. But he deserves blame, and from that blame, deserves firing (among many others). If you want to get mad that other people still have jobs, fine, but don't get mad because an old man lost his job. He puts on his depends just like the rest of them, at least he'll get good care and not be in a home. :)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: November 10, 2011, 01:25:48 AM »

JoePa is old and lacks integrity to see that a molester isn't allowed to molest any longer and people want to get pissed that he's fired?

Give me a break. No one is saying Joe is the only one to blame. But he deserves blame, and from that blame, deserves firing (among many others). If you want to get mad that other people still have jobs, fine, but don't get mad because an old man lost his job. He puts on his depends just like the rest of them, at least he'll get good care and not be in a home. :)

What are you talking about.  My post didn't have anything to do with anything you're talking about.  I basically said, and have been saying that if Joe Pa knew what was going on and did nothing that he should be held to the coals.  I just can't be completely sure that he did know.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 10, 2011, 01:34:15 AM »

What are you talking about.  My post didn't have anything to do with anything you're talking about.  I basically said, and have been saying that if Joe Pa knew what was going on and did nothing that he should be held to the coals.  I just can't be completely sure that he did know.

I'm just saying that people want to believe sports figures are good for whatever reason (mcmw), but when other people have been completely torn down for actions much less grievous there was no public outcry for leniency. People make decisions, people must deal with those consequences. No matter how "unfair" or "but so and so was also..." they may be.

I really don't understand any counterpoint to his being fired. Or why someone would take such a stance? Maybe I wasn't alive for JoePa's heyday so I'm not so opposed to his treatment currently. I don't know. But if you have the slightest inkling of some wrong doing and you are in a position such as his, you must do all that you can to cover your ass, if not for the good of the children, but for self preservation. We've all lost something we loved through some fault of our own, and we paid the consequences for that. Why should he be excused?

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 10, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »
Team MIR   :emawkid:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »
If this happened at ANY company in America, the CEO would immediately be fired without so much as a question about how much he knew. So why when it happens to a football program do we think the outcome should be different?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 10, 2011, 02:10:33 AM »
Am I the only one here not talking about whether or not Paterno should have been canned?  My concern is his integrity.