Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 144965 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »
Poor cow  :cry:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 11, 2013, 05:22:57 AM »
RAMS!!!!!!!!!!! :impatient:
ok so apparently it's not even close to the state record.  it green scored at 238 1/8 and the kansas record for a non-typical is 280 4/8  (:horrorsurprise:) it's gonna crush the rice county record though.  also he shot it with a muzzle loader. :rolleyes:

anyway...here's an article:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck-zone/2013/11/big-buck-alert-kansas-nontypical-unofficial-scores-238-inches
Thanks for the update. Still a great buck and Rice County record! :billdance: :cheers:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 11, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »
i want to shoot a pig, but don't have a good place to go.
just booked my pig hunt in east texas for the end of the month.  $300 for a 3 day hunt for 2 pigs of any size on a fenced in 160 acre ranch.  I mean, that's basically cheaper than you can buy it at a rough ridin' butcher...and I get to kill it myself.  :excited:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2013, 09:30:17 PM »
i know where two groups of pigs are feeding now, but they're both on private land and i can't get to them.  cheating bastards.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:40 PM »
i know where two groups of pigs are feeding now, but they're both on private land and i can't get to them.  cheating bastards.
do you live in the states?  I thought you lived overseas or in mexico or something.  anyway, have you talked to the land owner?  assuming they're wild pigs, the owner probably doesn't want them tearing the crap out of his/her land.  just ask for permission.  :dunno:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »
these are big tracts of land.  the owners aren't accessible.

i've lived in the us for the last couple years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2013, 07:49:26 AM »
I've got a colleagues in Fresno that pig hunts and a friend in Vacaville that does as well.  There has got to be some public ground with pigs on them.  Might have to drive to get away from the people, though. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2013, 08:19:12 AM »
If pigs are as prolific in CA as they are in the cental south, farmers will welcome anyone to shooting them.  Google image wild hog damage, or something, and see what they do to fields.  Farmers absolutely hate them. 

Sys, check out the county website.  Many counties, around here anyway, have digitized the land records into GIS maps that you can access on line.  Some give you a tract number that you can use to call the appropriate county office to get the owners name, and some give you the owners name.  Many borrow Google Earth as a background and show you basically everything about the property, info wise.  Anyway,  get the name of the owner, google the name and give them a call.  The commercial properties may say no for insurance reasons, but I bet you will be better received than you think.

Also, I love wild hog.  It is fantastic. Black russian boar is my fav meat.  It is delish.
Most of the hogs in the wild are not black russian, but some states have a few as well as a decent amt of hybrids from outfitters introducing themn illegally and them breeding w the locals.

Anyway, hog hunting is cheap and relatively easy to get into and I would reccomend it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 12, 2013, 11:13:46 AM »
i know the owner's names.  they don't allow (free) hunting.

i'm sure i could find public land with pigs if i worked at it, i'm not that motivated though.  it's a pain in the ass to hunt in california.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 12, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

i'm sure i could find public land with pigs if i worked at it, i'm not that motivated though.  it's a pain in the ass to hunt in california.

If it were easy, I contend it wouldn't be worth it.  (Unless you're just in it for the cheap meat.)  ((Which really isn't all that cheap anyway once you consider everything you spend to hunt.)) 

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2013, 01:56:21 PM »

wut?  why?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
it's a pain in the ass to hunt in california.
wut?  why?

too many people, not enough land.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
it's a pain in the ass to hunt in california.
wut?  why?

too many people, not enough land.
you're just being lazy. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS AND GO KILL A PIG!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
how does Ca treat hunting hogs on public land around reservoirs?  I have been told folks just tool around Table Rock on 4 wheelers until they find the hogs - no permits needed.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 12, 2013, 04:11:18 PM »
there is nothing in california that doesn't require a permit.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Hunting everywhere requires certification and most things you hunt require hunting licenses. Hogs don't have a season or limit anywhere that I am awarebof, so yeah, just go shoot one, but you still need a hunters safety cert and a hunters license.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »
Hunting everywhere requires certification and most things you hunt require hunting licenses. Hogs don't have a season or limit anywhere that I am awarebof, so yeah, just go shoot one, but you still need a hunters safety cert and a hunters license.
this is true.  all you need is a general state hunting license for texas and I'm pretty sure it's the same for california.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 12, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »

Resident Hunting License...................................$45.93
Resident Wild Pig Tag..........................................21.86

there is nothing.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 12, 2013, 11:06:28 PM »
hunting feral creatures/invasive species with sys is surely one of life's greatest joys

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 13, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »

Resident Hunting License...................................$45.93
Resident Wild Pig Tag..........................................21.86

there is nothing.

That is crazy.  I bet the farmers are pissed about that.  Either that or CA doesn't have the population problems that tx and ok have.  Last time I was in ok hunting them, the guy we were hunting with said that some parts of the state were highering ppl to come in and kill as many as they could. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 13, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
Hey CNS...what's your general success rate for a long weekend pig hunt? 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 13, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
When we go, we use a guy that has leased something like 14000 acres in OK that only his groups get to hunt.  There is usually around 8 guys there at one time and half usually get one. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
About what I've heard from other buddies.  I need to do this sometime. 

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 13, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
Headed out to my buddy's land around 260th and pflumn to shoot some guns tomorrow :billdance:. No real hunting but we are going to shoot some clays and fire off some other guns because...well because AMERICA.

He's got a Brittany pup he's training to be a bird dog so he's buying prairie chickens to place out there. I'm bringing Lady but will just let her run around and have a great time  :D

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 13, 2013, 11:25:45 AM »
I bet the farmers are pissed about that.

there aren't any pigs out in the middle of the valley where there is serious farming.  in the hills, where the pigs live, you have people with multimillion dollar lifestyle ranches that farm for the tax exemption, vineyards who wouldn't dream of letting a bunch of idiots with guns crawl over their land shooting their workers, a bunch of 5 acre ranchettes and large ranches that make at least as much from charging people to come in and shoot stuff as they do from farming.

there might be pigs that piss off farmers in the farmland along the coast and in the salinas valley, i dunno.