Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 146178 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »
The pigs were domestic, raised by our neighbor down the road.  I shot them once in the head and then stuck them with a long knife down through the neck and into their heart causing them to bleed out very fast.  It takes less than 10 secs.  Then we hang the animal by it's hind legs and wash it off thoroughly with soap and water.  We skin it, gut it, quarter it, and then place it in a freezer.  Wash rinse repeat. 

We don't kill the cows anymore, just take them to the local locker to have them killed and aged for 5 days in their freezer.  When I was little we used to kill the beef in the dead of winter and hang them in the shed because we didn't have a large walk in freezer.  Later in the week we made a big fire to heat a huge vat of water to scald the pigs (after killing them) so we could scrape the hair off and save the skins to sell to the locker along with the cow hides.  We also rendered the pig lard for cooking so there's that too.  I don't miss those days.

sickening

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
I agree; I prefer to completely ignore how my food gets to the table. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2013, 02:37:27 PM »
The pigs were domestic, raised by our neighbor down the road.  I shot them once in the head and then stuck them with a long knife down through the neck and into their heart causing them to bleed out very fast.  It takes less than 10 secs.  Then we hang the animal by it's hind legs and wash it off thoroughly with soap and water.  We skin it, gut it, quarter it, and then place it in a freezer.  Wash rinse repeat. 

We don't kill the cows anymore, just take them to the local locker to have them killed and aged for 5 days in their freezer.  When I was little we used to kill the beef in the dead of winter and hang them in the shed because we didn't have a large walk in freezer.  Later in the week we made a big fire to heat a huge vat of water to scald the pigs (after killing them) so we could scrape the hair off and save the skins to sell to the locker along with the cow hides.  We also rendered the pig lard for cooking so there's that too.  I don't miss those days.

the new SOC guy, joe teti, on dual survivor did the knife to neck thing to a feral pig during the hawaii episode.  was pretty elite.  no gun required.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
My dad won't kill animals anymore because he says he's too old and it weighs on his mind too much.  The duty fell on my shoulders when no one else would do it. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but sometimes when I'm by myself I think about it. 

To make amends I also volunteer to be the bunghole remover.  That entails cutting around the sphincter and pulling it out just far enough to tie it off with a piece of string then stuff it back down the hole. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2013, 04:39:58 PM »
My dad won't kill animals anymore because he says he's too old and it weighs on his mind too much.  The duty fell on my shoulders when no one else would do it. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but sometimes when I'm by myself I think about it. 

To make amends I also volunteer to be the bunghole remover.  That entails cutting around the sphincter and pulling it out just far enough to tie it off with a piece of string then stuff it back down the hole.

To make amends to the pig you shot and stabbed you eff around with its bad person? 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »
Yeah, maybe to make amends, you should feed them better while they are alive or something.  Seems like your plan just gives you two things to worry yourself about.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2013, 04:52:24 PM »

To make amends to the pig you shot and stabbed you eff around with its bad person?

I take it as the pig getting the last laugh.  Gas usually belches out into my face while I'm performing the delicate procedure.   :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

I take it as the pig getting the last laugh.  Gas usually belches out into my face while I'm performing the delicate procedure.   :dunno:

Is this where Bloodfart comes from?

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2013, 04:56:27 PM »

Is this where Bloodfart comes from?

maybe!  :surprised:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »

"Murdered" is roughly equivalent to "face farted in" in my book too.  I bet the pig is LOLing his ass off up in pig heaven. :lol:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2013, 05:05:17 PM »
If I ran into a group of plastic people that weren't moving and some creature was faking a human's voice to get me to get closer and I got my brains blown out I would say I'm pretty dumb and would be surprised I hadn't died sooner.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
If I ran into a group of plastic people that weren't moving and some creature was faking a human's voice to get me to get closer and I got my brains blown out I would say I'm pretty dumb and would be surprised I hadn't died sooner.

If you happen to be delicious, it's win/win.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »
ben ji's experience killing animals-

1 time when I was fishing I caught a large bass(Around 4lbs) but it was hooked in the gills and bleeding like crazy. Released it back in the water but about 5 minutes later it came floating back up.

Use to spend a couple of weeks each summer on the grandparents farm in western ks. I would usually spend half the day walking around the farm with a .22 shooting rabbits. We would feed the dead rabbits to the pigs.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
can you guys believe it's about that time again?  :excited:

just picked this beauty up today and sighted it in. 

"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 23, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »
what on earth

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2013, 09:44:47 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »

:runaway:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
Looks a lot like the one I bought last yr. Feels weird that it is coming  up soon.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2013, 10:03:20 PM »
question: if you are going to buy something that elaborate and seemingly highly engineered to shoot an arrow (?) at an animal why don't you just shoot a gun or laser or missile from a remote controlled drone?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2013, 10:05:49 PM »
Not as complicated as it appears

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2013, 10:09:33 PM »
Looks a lot like the one I bought last yr. Feels weird that it is coming  up soon.

I've been hunting with this model for the past 15 years

so yeah...it's a bit of an upgrade.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »
question: if you are going to buy something that elaborate and seemingly highly engineered to shoot an arrow (?) at an animal why don't you just shoot a gun or laser or missile from a remote controlled drone?
:facepalm:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 23, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
You are going to love the new.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »
You are going to love the new.

I already do.  going to set up my stands in the next week or so. 

what model bow do you have?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 23, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
Honestly don't remember.  Haven't pulled it out in months and just bought it near the end of last season.