Author Topic: Killing animals  (Read 144931 times)

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Killing animals
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
The taste of deer meat has a lot to do with their diet.   I stopped hunting deer because all we have around here are milo & corn fields & the deer meat just taste like crap.  Heinballz houshold is very pro hunting, but I hate trophy hunters; so if you're killing deer just for fun, I think you're a dick. 
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »
The taste of deer meat has a lot to do with their diet.   I stopped hunting deer because all we have around here are milo & corn fields & the deer meat just taste like crap.  Heinballz houshold is very pro hunting, but I hate trophy hunters; so if you're killing deer just for fun, I think you're a dick. 
Unless you're dirt poor and starving, all hunting is some form of trophy hunting, imo. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »
I just wanted to talk about deer hunting with some wildcat bros.  Thanks for ruining my thread, dorks.  :shakesfist:

Deer are an overpopulated nuisance and danger in Northeast Kansas.  Shoot away, bro.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
Shot a turkey 2 weeks ago.  He seemed fine with it.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 08:58:34 AM »

Hey dipshit, what would you rather have them eat?  Acorns like in Arkansas and Mizzou?  Scrub brush like in W. Texas?  Marsh grass like in Florida?  Try eating one of the scrawny pieces of crap from one of those areas.  If all you have is milo and corn fields, the deer in your area are eating the same thing that cattle are fed in a goddamn feedlot.  Have you ever had beef that has only been free grazed on grass?  It's tougher than hell and tastes like crap cause it has no fat and marbeling from grain.  Though you are correct that the taste has a lot to do with diet, your deer are eating the best diet they can have for taste.  It could just be that deer meat doesn't agree with your palette or that you are preparing it wrong.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »
I killed an elephant once. Then sold his ivory on the black market.  :gocho:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
I deer hunt off and on, but have been more off in the last 5 yrs or so since I don't like venison much.  Deer to deer, some are better than others, but all very gamey.

I prob prepare it wrong, since the only recipes I have had for venison are from my dad, and he is a bad cook for all other types of food.  

When talking with others about prep, I always get recipes that involve marinating it in something for a long time, or cooking it while draped in bacon.  Honestly, if you have to do either, than all you are doing is trying to make something that doesn't taste very good tastes like marinade or bacon.  This being the case, why eat it?

I enjoy the outdoor side of hunting, and do shoot one every know and then, but usually end up giving the meat to people who do like to eat it.

Also, I hunt in north central ks, where they get plenty of corn/milo.  

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »
look how much better the amazing animal stories thread is than this redneck thread  :lol:  LOOK AT IT!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
this thread turned full blown red neck GPC Bush light extravaganza.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »
I don't see any hick hayseed killing for ivory  :curse:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:28 AM »
In all honesty, the taste of deer meat has more to do with factors other than diet...specifically the time of year and how clean the kill is.  If it's during rut and you don't get a clean kill, it's probably going to be VERY gamey from all the adrenaline and increased blood flow.  If it's a clean kill and pre-rut, the meat is going to taste better because there is much less adrenaline and the deer aren't as stressed.

The best preparation for venison is to marinate the tenderloin in some soy sauce, honey, garlic, onion chowder, etc. and then grill it to rare/medium rare.  Served it sliced thin on a bed of quinoa pilaf and drizzle it with a mixed berry puree.  I also put it in a food processor with some pork fat and make hamburgers out of it...no more done than medium, obvi.  Venison chili is great too.

And yes, this thread has taken a clear turn towards GPC territory. :shakesfist:  I was more interested in talking about how everyone's season is going so far, not about the taste of rough ridin' venison.

BTW, rifle "hunting" for deer isn't hunting.  It's just killing.  There's no sport in it and it's a totally unfair fight.  Rifle hunting is for lazy retards.  #teamarchery
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
In all honesty, the taste of deer meat has more to do with factors other than diet...specifically the time of year and how clean the kill is.  If it's during rut and you don't get a clean kill, it's probably going to be VERY gamey from all the adrenaline and increased blood flow.  If it's a clean kill and pre-rut, the meat is going to taste better because there is much less adrenaline and the deer aren't as stressed.

The best preparation for venison is to marinate the tenderloin in some soy sauce, honey, garlic, onion chowder, etc. and then grill it to rare/medium rare.  Served it sliced thin on a bed of quinoa pilaf and drizzle it with a mixed berry puree.  I also put it in a food processor with some pork fat and make hamburgers out of it...no more done than medium, obvi.  Venison chili is great too.

And yes, this thread has taken a clear turn towards GPC territory. :shakesfist:  I was more interested in talking about how everyone's season is going so far, not about the taste of rough ridin' venison.

BTW, rifle "hunting" for deer isn't hunting.  It's just killing.  There's no sport in it and it's a totally unfair fight.  Rifle hunting is for lazy retards.  #teamarchery
I don't hunt or anything so I have no idea, but how is using a bow more fair than using a rifle?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:42 AM »

Man, I could really bring the GPC on this one.  Refraining.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »

I don't hunt or anything so I have no idea, but how is using a bow more fair than using a rifle?

Getting within 30 yards of a deer and pulling a bow back is infinitely harder than getting within 200 yards of a deer and pulling the trigger.  The odds are in their favor that they're going to smell you, hear you or see you before they get within range.  Virtually none of that is a problem when you hunt with a rifle.  There's just no skill involved.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »

Man, I could really bring the GPC on this one.  Refraining.

:comeatme:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

sounds like you don't like the taste of venison either imo

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 12:05:51 PM »

sounds like you don't like the taste of venison either imo
It doesn't mask the entire taste of venison, dumbass.  It just cuts the gamey taste and enhances the natural flavor.

You eat all of your food with no seasoning?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »

BTW, rifle "hunting" for deer isn't hunting.  It's just killing.  There's no sport in it and it's a totally unfair fight.  Rifle hunting is for lazy retards.  #teamarchery

We are rough ridin' humans. Everything is an unfair fight.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 12:24:41 PM »

BTW, rifle "hunting" for deer isn't hunting.  It's just killing.  There's no sport in it and it's a totally unfair fight.  Rifle hunting is for lazy retards.  #teamarchery

We are rough ridin' humans. Everything is an unfair fight.

The fact that we're humans only means we have the ABILITY to make everything an unfair fight in our favor.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
Only dumbasses make things harder than they have to be.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »
LHIQ here,

Do you always have to hunt at the ass crack of dawn? My friend is big into hunting and wants to take me, but I really have no desire to go sit in a field at 5am on a Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with people murdering wild animals, but can't it happen at like 1 in the afternoon?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »
LHIQ here,

Do you always have to hunt at the ass crack of dawn? My friend is big into hunting and wants to take me, but I really have no desire to go sit in a field at 5am on a Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with people murdering wild animals, but can't it happen at like 1 in the afternoon?

Not a 100% across the board rule(depends on what you hunt), but yes, usually  you have to be out well before dawn.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
Only dumbasses make things harder than they have to be.

If the only goal is to end up with a dead deer, then I would agree.  If one of the reasons you're doing it for sport, then that rule doesn't apply.  SEE: hiking around a mountain rather than driving (enjoying the outdoors/exercise), going for a run rather than going for a drive (exercise).  Both of those things are harder than they have to be, but accomplish the same end result.  One of the main reasons anyone partakes in any sport is for the challenge.  Hunting deer with a rifle isn't challenging.  It's like playing one-on-one vs. a 3rd grader and bragging about how many points you scored.  I just don't understand it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
It may be more difficult than a gun but gmafb with your compound bow with broadhead arrows crap as a "fair chance". It takes a special kind of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) to sit in a tree for a whole day covered in deer piss.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
LHIQ here,

Deer are most active during the early morning and evening when they are traveling to and from feeding areas and bedding areas.  You need to either be out an hour or so before dawn or a couple of hours before dusk.  I've shot just as many deer in the evening as I have in the morning...maybe more.  For instance, I'm going out Friday morning and I'll probably go out again on Sunday evening.